OT Florida shooting
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/14/2018  6:38 PM
Sorry but I cant let this pass.

17 more people dead in a school.

Time to break into the military budget and fight real wars like poverty lack of health insurance school safety education and health care for all keep drugs out of our country. What the he ll does having so many submarines aircraft carriers ships bombs mean when kids die like this? They NEED PROTECTION NOW. Im sick of it

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
2/14/2018  6:51 PM
Congress will send their thoughts and prayers and do nothing.

Excuse #1 It's too soon to talk about it

Bring back dee-fense
Gudris
Member: #6213

2/14/2018  7:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Sorry but I cant let this pass.

Time to break into the military budget and fight real wars like poverty lack of health insurance school safety education and health care for all keep drugs out of our country. What the he ll does having so many submarines aircraft carriers ships bombs mean when kids die like this? They NEED PROTECTION NOW. Im sick of it

what a BS, there is only one problem, no gun control, there is much poorer countries than the USA and they don't have such a problems, in my country we have one shooting per 3 years, nobody i know owns a gun, if i want to shoot somebody today i have no idea where can i get a gun. In the USA every idiot can have a gun. This is only country in a world like this.
statistics
Between 2001 and 2013, 406,496 people died as a result of gun violence in America according to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.

Of this number the majority - 237,052 - were actually suicides as opposed to homicides.

Homicides accounted for 153,144 deaths over this period while the rest comprised 8,383 accidental deaths, 4,778 deaths from police shootings and 3,200 where the cause couldn't be determined.

USA is a total war zone, in countries with a real war there is less people dying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/one-mass-shooting-every-day-seven-facts-gun-violence-america/

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2018  7:47 PM
Gudris wrote:

what a BS, there is only one problem, no gun control, there is much poorer countries than the USA and they don't have such a problems, in my country we have one shooting per 3 years, nobody i know owns a gun, if i want to shoot somebody today i have no idea where can i get a gun. In the USA every idiot can have a gun. This is only country in a world like this.
statistics
Between 2001 and 2013, 406,496 people died as a result of gun violence in America according to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.

Of this number the majority - 237,052 - were actually suicides as opposed to homicides.

Homicides accounted for 153,144 deaths over this period while the rest comprised 8,383 accidental deaths, 4,778 deaths from police shootings and 3,200 where the cause couldn't be determined.

USA is a total war zone, in countries with a real war there is less people dying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/one-mass-shooting-every-day-seven-facts-gun-violence-america/

I do think you and BRIGGS are talking about 2 different topics entirely and what needs to be addressed and how.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/14/2018  8:01 PM
martin wrote:
Gudris wrote:

statistics

I do think you and BRIGGS are talking about 2 different topics entirely and what needs to be addressed and how.

I was thinking about this after news broke. I think every single constituent needs to call their representation and demand they address the problem. I know some states are worried about gun rights, and others are worried about gun lawlessness... I just think the populace needs to pressure their representatives to figure it out, work together... I think we all agree something needs to be done. Frankly, the logistics of the situation are beyond me. Everyone needs to pressure their representatives to figure it out. Instead of everyone freaking out and one week later forgetting about it... this issue has touched every community type in the country. enough

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2018  10:59 PM

Build a wall. Meanwhile domestic terror is perpetrated by our own.
Military parade.
Nice Budget. Trump wants to cut Medicare? He promised he would not.
When we put "party" before the people this is what you get. NRA lobby pays off its guys. AR15 is a killing machine.
Fuck the NRA.
I Encourage Republicans to ask their representatives to put country before party.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/15/2018  7:28 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
Gudris wrote:

statistics

I was thinking about this after news broke. I think every single constituent needs to call their representation and demand they address the problem. I know some states are worried about gun rights, and others are worried about gun lawlessness... I just think the populace needs to pressure their representatives to figure it out, work together... I think we all agree something needs to be done. Frankly, the logistics of the situation are beyond me. Everyone needs to pressure their representatives to figure it out. Instead of everyone freaking out and one week later forgetting about it... this issue has touched every community type in the country. enough

Sadly, we're going to need more of these kinds of shootings before enough people demand action.

You think about this kid and people are going to talk about his mental health. And clearly he was demented.

But what kind of ****ed up people are the lobbyists of the NRA, and the republicans politicians that constant stop gun control efforts, and have twisted the 2nd amendment into something it never was.

The Founding Fathers didn't want us shooting ourselves like this, and to say otherwise, proves you are a more horrible person than any of these HS Shooters. The NRA and Republican politicians are monsters.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/15/2018  10:48 AM
lol.

nothing is changing. barring a catastrophic plague like event...the US is going to get worse as time progresses.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/15/2018  12:19 PM
Guns=Jobs. As long as gun manufacturing and sales produces jobs it will continue.
martin
USA
2/15/2018  12:25 PM
Vmart wrote:Guns=Jobs. As long as gun manufacturing and sales produces jobs it will continue.

I'd say it a bit differently. Guns=money. For some. Death, violence and tragedy for others

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/15/2018  12:40 PM
Nalod wrote:

Military parade.
When we put "party" before the people this is what you get. NRA lobby pays off its guys. AR15 is a killing machine.
Fuck the NRA.
I Encourage Republicans to ask their representatives to put country before party.

I encourage Democrats to stop blaming republicans and lead from the front. I want them to come clean and say the second amendment is wrong and it needs to be repealed or updated. But I am not going to hold my breath. Pointing fingers resolves nothing, Dems are weak and scattered on this issue, like most other issues.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Vmart
USA
2/15/2018  12:46 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:Guns=Jobs. As long as gun manufacturing and sales produces jobs it will continue.

I'd say it a bit differently. Guns=money. For some. Death, violence and tragedy for others

Think about what gun violence does. It’s the freaking saddest thing in the world. Money is always the culprit it buys politicians who don’t don’t give a crap about the regular people.

martin
USA
2/15/2018  12:48 PM
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Think about what gun violence does. It’s the freaking saddest thing in the world. Money is always the culprit it buys politicians who don’t don’t give a crap about the regular people.

yes, very much so

Vmart
USA
2/15/2018  12:52 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Military parade.
Fuck the NRA.

I encourage Democrats to stop blaming republicans and lead from the front. I want them to come clean and say the second amendment is wrong and it needs to be repealed or updated. But I am not going to hold my breath. Pointing fingers resolves nothing, Dems are weak and scattered on this issue, like most other issues.

This isn’t a democratic or republican thing this is both sides. This is an example of vote bank politics. No one should own a gun.

meloshouldgo

2/15/2018  1:00 PM
Vmart wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Military parade.
Fuck the NRA.

This isn’t a democratic or republican thing this is both sides. This is an example of vote bank politics. No one should own a gun.

Agreed. But we have a law that has been intentionally misinterpreted by the far right SC justices to allow people to own guns. So now it's on Democrats and Republicans to fix it.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/15/2018  1:19 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Military parade.
Fuck the NRA.

I agree with this. Last night on the news they mentioned how the dems and the quite large law enforcement block of votes would be able to get legislation through. It wouldn't be a cure-all bill but marginal improvements. I really hope we don't get grandstanding and the dems improve everything that they can NOW

there *should* be a much larger fight ahead but they need to move the ball forward. if they have to meet in the middle eventually, it makes sense to keep making incremental progress... push the middle out farther

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/15/2018  2:15 PM
this is part of America. Its a gun toting nation. Its not just that the NRA is the strongest and best funded lobby in Wash. What people fail to understand is a massive part of this country's population believe in the 2nd ammendment and armed citizens. They put the right to bear arms as important an American value as free speech and the most basic right. I mean I could go into gun culture all day. City people dont understand it. Neither to most suburbanites. In the rest of the country its as important as the good lord Jesus. That is what you are up against.

Also here it is:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That is incredible and simple language. The constitution is the backbone of this country. Shall not be infringed. Drink that in guys.

The ONLY solution is mental health. No gun laws will prevent these shootings. The thought of "liberals coming after their guns" only strengthens the lobby. What happens after gun tragedies? Sales go up. Stock pile.

My suggestion is Canada or Europe. Different laws and different culture. Im not being snarky. Just suggesting some acceptance is in order before people look at what can and cant be changed.

Sucks. Social media fuels it. When these people hurt, and want to hurt others there is a platform. Everyone sees it. Now it can be used as a threat. Now angry teens have a voice. There are many hard questions ahead. Terrible tragedy and a big problem here. Or is it? Do we need to be safe or do we need to feel safe?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
meloshouldgo

2/15/2018  2:40 PM
fishmike wrote:this is part of America. Its a gun toting nation. Its not just that the NRA is the strongest and best funded lobby in Wash. What people fail to understand is a massive part of this country's population believe in the 2nd ammendment and armed citizens. They put the right to bear arms as important an American value as free speech and the most basic right. I mean I could go into gun culture all day. City people dont understand it. Neither to most suburbanites. In the rest of the country its as important as the good lord Jesus. That is what you are up against.

Also here it is:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That is incredible and simple language. The constitution is the backbone of this country. Shall not be infringed. Drink that in guys.

The ONLY solution is mental health. No gun laws will prevent these shootings. The thought of "liberals coming after their guns" only strengthens the lobby. What happens after gun tragedies? Sales go up. Stock pile.

My suggestion is Canada or Europe. Different laws and different culture. Im not being snarky. Just suggesting some acceptance is in order before people look at what can and cant be changed.

Sucks. Social media fuels it. When these people hurt, and want to hurt others there is a platform. Everyone sees it. Now it can be used as a threat. Now angry teens have a voice. There are many hard questions ahead. Terrible tragedy and a big problem here. Or is it? Do we need to be safe or do we need to feel safe?

Slavery was constitutional as well, part of the same backbone, drink that in.
It's a document, it's not infallible. Times have changed, the world has changed, there's no shame in admitting the Constitution needs to change.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/15/2018  3:01 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:this is part of America. Its a gun toting nation. Its not just that the NRA is the strongest and best funded lobby in Wash. What people fail to understand is a massive part of this country's population believe in the 2nd ammendment and armed citizens. They put the right to bear arms as important an American value as free speech and the most basic right. I mean I could go into gun culture all day. City people dont understand it. Neither to most suburbanites. In the rest of the country its as important as the good lord Jesus. That is what you are up against.

Also here it is:

Slavery was constitutional as well, part of the same backbone, drink that in.
It's a document, it's not infallible. Times have changed, the world has changed, there's no shame in admitting the Constitution needs to change.

so you ready go to war to get rid of the guns? You willing to strap one on and fight to have them removed? You ready to fight that group of Americans who are fallible and need to recognized times changed? Drink that in.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/15/2018  3:20 PM
Small changes add up and for goodness sake its worth every life to try!! We are long past events changing peoples minds.
My family has been touched by a sensless murder by a man who had a gun that was supposed to have been removed by the sheriff due to a restraining order. He did not have license for it but they suppose to come and collect them. This bought this home to our family. I am enraged by these murders!
My son was in a movie theatre lobby and kid 10 feet from him was gunned down in a gang related argument. He was 16 at the time. My boy was a bit dramatized by the ordeal.
I can't imagine what this has done in urban communities with high "body counts".
I can't imagine any father of any child killed not losing his mind on those very recipients of NRA funds who vote for lax laws over the people. I suppose they stop because it makes them into the monster that took their child. The sick phuchs who have gone after the Sandy Hook parents are culpable. THis is the Alex Jones crowd and they are big Trump supporters.
Time to put people before party. The "Take a knee" bought attention to police violence. Trump loves the damage it does to NFL because of his failed USFL team. It also dilutes the message as being anti patriotic!
OT Florida shooting

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy