[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank the Blank
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/15/2018  1:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2018  1:21 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The knicks play frank because they want to tank, you don't play him a single minute if your trying to win. Maybe if we had 3 all stars on the team you can hide all his flaws, but with the talent he has around him, he's been completely exposed
so have you

Coming from a guy who said melo was the problem. Do you you actually watch the games with your frankie poms poms...Give me a F..Give me a R..Give me..A....

Cmon fish man, you know the kid sucks now, 90% of knicks fans don't like this kid, go on other message boards you read things like

SactownBabyGiraffe
@TimMaxwell22
Kings fans: if you’re concerned about the way the Kings are handling the kids and vets, check out what Hornacek and the Knicks are doing to Frank Ntilikina.

11:12 PM - Feb 14, 2018

You should have read the comments behind this..... hilarious, were a laughing stock to the laughing stock

I can post a 1000 similar tweets like this by knicks fans, scouts, other teams fans, local and national media..

ES
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/15/2018  1:22 PM
When your mad, hindsight clarity is all you need!

Mitchell has been great, what good opportunity and he filled it when Gordan Haywood bolted. Otherwise he is on the bench.
DSjr has been good. Some thought he was the sleeper and ROY.
Takes years to figure this all out. That's why "he's only 19" matters. Not to Roy Moore.

Nalod
USA
2/15/2018  1:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2018  1:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The knicks play frank because they want to tank, you don't play him a single minute if your trying to win. Maybe if we had 3 all stars on the team you can hide all his flaws, but with the talent he has around him, he's been completely exposed
so have you

Coming from a guy who said melo was the problem. Do you you actually watch the games with your frankie poms poms...Give me a F..Give me a R..Give me..A....

Cmon fish man, you know the kid sucks now, 90% of knicks fans don't like this kid, go on other message boards you read things like

SactownBabyGiraffe
@TimMaxwell22
Kings fans: if you’re concerned about the way the Kings are handling the kids and vets, check out what Hornacek and the Knicks are doing to Frank Ntilikina.

You should have read the comments behind this..... hilarious, were a laughing stock to the laughing stock

I can post a 1000 similar tweets like this by knicks fans, scouts, other teams fans, local and national media..

That kind of confirms it. The masses are usually wrong. That's your form of measure?
You see the caterpillar. you compare it to other caterpillars. some are looking to measure when it is a butterfly. Deep stuff.

or.....

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/15/2018  4:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
so have you

SactownBabyGiraffe
@TimMaxwell22

thought the triangle was the problem. You got a lot of mileage out of that on. You give up on it? You would trade picks for Bledsoe so the Knicks can be more like the Heat and be a winning team

With you its Frank today. Tomorrow it will be Jeff. Saturday it will be Mills. Sunday it will be Rambis. Monday it will be Martin and Andrew. Tuesday it will be something else. Your wall is already covered in **** buddy. No need to throw any more

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
2/15/2018  4:23 PM
Nalod wrote:
c wrote:
fishmike wrote:
so have you

SactownBabyGiraffe
@TimMaxwell22

That kind of confirms it. The masses are usually wrong. That's your form of measure?
You see the caterpillar. you compare it to other caterpillars. some are looking to measure when it is a butterfly. Deep stuff.

or.....

this is so funny.

Lets break this down... knicks1248's source is inside info is Kings fans making fun of the Knicks on twitter.

That actually makes perfect sense.

Skudra
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6210
Latvia
2/15/2018  5:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:He was a bad pick at 8. But that's all water under the bridge. Right now he's a possibly fringe NBA player. Sorry nix, u need more than d at the pg position. I'm not really seeing the bball iq which his proponents say is really high.

Washington Wizards fans were saying similar things about Otto Porter two years ago. Now he's a Max player. It's way too early to tell if it's a bad pick.

Dont believe its unfair to say that while Frank might turn out to be a good player, the Knicks would have been better served drafting a more NBA ready player, considering our needs. And maybe taking Frank in the second round,if still there.

Baker was older, but he was undrafted. Cant really say that Frank's rookie season as the 8th pick, was remarkably better.

Also worth noting that the best move to the rim Frank made as a Knick was when he played off the ball. Id rather Frank turn to a good SG than one coach after another trying to prove they can turn Frank into a great starting PG.

What? Why are you drafting a more NBA ready player? This is not a playoff team that needs to plug 1 hole in their rotation. High ceiling potential is exactly what the Knicks need IMHO. Same as when you draft a guy like KP.

And do you really think Frank would have lasted anywhere near the second round?

Frank isnt playing well enough to start on a division one college team, let alone the NBA. Wouldnt have surprised me. He is a project with a capital P.Most PGs taken this high can generate some offense when needed. Frank cant and thats not why he was drafted.

Knicks dont have all the time in the world to wait on Frank. Starting PG is the most demanding position in the league. Time doesnt stand still while Frank summons up the courage to go for a layup. His development isnt happening in a vaccuum.

KP was thought to be a project a 4, but his height meant he could have an impact sooner rather than later, with his skill set. Drafting a PG with little or no offense at 8, is different. Pairing KP with a PG who could have filled the starting job sooner would have been smarter, because they would have been able to keep other teams from zeroing in on him with an offense they couldnt ignore.

You are really out of your mind with this comment. Not good enough to start division 1? Frank would be a very good college player right now, dominant in fact. Comments like these lose any credibility big time. I can no longer respond to this type of nonsense. Just mindless posting at its finest.

Oh please. A starting PG who is afraid to go for a layup, telegraphs all too many passes, would be coming off the bench. Why? Because he is only 19. Remember that one? Only your favorite excuse. Keep hearing Frank would be a freshman in college. Shows the making of an NBA player, but he also often plays like a college freshman.

I can see it, sorry you cant.

FYI, he started on a Division 1 french team as an 18 year old, which is viewed as much more competitive than Division 1 NCAA. It's a grown man's league that rarely starts or plays young players. So no, he wouldn't be coming off the bench in college. Whatever you are seeing apparently is way too advanced for the basketball world.

If that were true, I would expect to see Frank performing on par with some of the better 19 year olds in this draft, given his pro experience, that they do not have.

Im going by results, not hypotheticals.

Most first division teams in any major EU country are way better than NCAA top teams. But that have no relation with Frank. Scouts and management too often make bad calls about individuals skill set transition to NBA level. In this case I don't know reasons why Frank was drafted so high - he was playing reserve minutes in France, and didn't excel in any special way (apart from age).

Nalod
USA
2/15/2018  5:21 PM
Skudra wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:He was a bad pick at 8. But that's all water under the bridge. Right now he's a possibly fringe NBA player. Sorry nix, u need more than d at the pg position. I'm not really seeing the bball iq which his proponents say is really high.

Washington Wizards fans were saying similar things about Otto Porter two years ago. Now he's a Max player. It's way too early to tell if it's a bad pick.

Dont believe its unfair to say that while Frank might turn out to be a good player, the Knicks would have been better served drafting a more NBA ready player, considering our needs. And maybe taking Frank in the second round,if still there.

Baker was older, but he was undrafted. Cant really say that Frank's rookie season as the 8th pick, was remarkably better.

Also worth noting that the best move to the rim Frank made as a Knick was when he played off the ball. Id rather Frank turn to a good SG than one coach after another trying to prove they can turn Frank into a great starting PG.

What? Why are you drafting a more NBA ready player? This is not a playoff team that needs to plug 1 hole in their rotation. High ceiling potential is exactly what the Knicks need IMHO. Same as when you draft a guy like KP.

And do you really think Frank would have lasted anywhere near the second round?

Frank isnt playing well enough to start on a division one college team, let alone the NBA. Wouldnt have surprised me. He is a project with a capital P.Most PGs taken this high can generate some offense when needed. Frank cant and thats not why he was drafted.

Knicks dont have all the time in the world to wait on Frank. Starting PG is the most demanding position in the league. Time doesnt stand still while Frank summons up the courage to go for a layup. His development isnt happening in a vaccuum.

KP was thought to be a project a 4, but his height meant he could have an impact sooner rather than later, with his skill set. Drafting a PG with little or no offense at 8, is different. Pairing KP with a PG who could have filled the starting job sooner would have been smarter, because they would have been able to keep other teams from zeroing in on him with an offense they couldnt ignore.

You are really out of your mind with this comment. Not good enough to start division 1? Frank would be a very good college player right now, dominant in fact. Comments like these lose any credibility big time. I can no longer respond to this type of nonsense. Just mindless posting at its finest.

Oh please. A starting PG who is afraid to go for a layup, telegraphs all too many passes, would be coming off the bench. Why? Because he is only 19. Remember that one? Only your favorite excuse. Keep hearing Frank would be a freshman in college. Shows the making of an NBA player, but he also often plays like a college freshman.

I can see it, sorry you cant.

FYI, he started on a Division 1 french team as an 18 year old, which is viewed as much more competitive than Division 1 NCAA. It's a grown man's league that rarely starts or plays young players. So no, he wouldn't be coming off the bench in college. Whatever you are seeing apparently is way too advanced for the basketball world.

If that were true, I would expect to see Frank performing on par with some of the better 19 year olds in this draft, given his pro experience, that they do not have.

Im going by results, not hypotheticals.

Most first division teams in any major EU country are way better than NCAA top teams. But that have no relation with Frank. Scouts and management too often make bad calls about individuals skill set transition to NBA level. In this case I don't know reasons why Frank was drafted so high - he was playing reserve minutes in France, and didn't excel in any special way (apart from ageWINNING).

Fixed

Skudra
Member: #6210
Latvia
2/15/2018  5:27 PM
winning? did he won something? apart from nice rookie contract?
Nalod
USA
2/15/2018  5:32 PM
Skudra wrote:winning? did he won something? apart from nice rookie contract?

Was a part of a winning team. He played well. 18 year old with men.
That's a bit special, speaks about character. You wanted more. You might have to wait.
You wanted more, it might not happen. Ever see a player at that age consistent?
You know about Kobe, you know KG, who came out at that same age.
You know the postscript. You don't know if this one. Might be he is average, might be a wall he had to work thru.
But you can't label the kid with accuracy. I can't either, but I can call him a prospect.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/15/2018  6:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2018  6:21 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

anyone who watched Porter in his rookie year would have EASILY been able to tell he was bust, just like you can see with Frank now. A 3rd pick in the draft should be better than 2ppg and 35% or whatever he shot. Porter was a bad pick because there were better players after him. Bla bla bla....
Negatives only motivate Frank. He's one of those. Another reason (among 500 others) I think he's going to be a good player in the league and a winning player.

Otto Porter was an all american player at Gtown, so anyone who watches college basketball was able to see the prospect in live action could project what type of player he might turn out to be at the next level. Problem with Frank is there aint any references that we could rely on making him virtually unknown. None of us seen him play so we had to rely on some scouting reports and his 5 pts per game in Europe to project what he might or might not be...

simply not true, because against is peers Frank established himself to be elite.
Uptown you should really watch this closely:

That would be FRank the HS senior vs. his peers. Thats the tourney he carried that French team through and put him on the map.

Frank's freshman year in college was playing pro ball. Yes his stats were underwhelming. He also playing against pros and grown men. I also watched that final playoff game and was impressed with Frank's poise and play. Kid got drafted, takes the redeye back and lays it all on the court for a team we would never play for again. Says a lot and helped win me over.

Was that the highlight reel that Phil viewed prior to making the pick? Burn it.
He looked good. Maybe a smart FO exec would have waited another year or two before taking a chance on such a young kid. Specially with a lottery pick. You know that no matter how good you think he MAY turn out to be, it was still a risky pick. His play this year is showing he may have needed another year or two with those peers.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/15/2018  8:11 PM
Frank 35% fg, 33% from 3...69% from the free throw...

I like how a few of you said he's on an upswing with his 3pt%... thats actually true he's shooting 46% the last 10 games! Hooray! But the last 10 games he's scoring 33% from the field and 63% from the free throw line....

He's giving us 4pts 2 assists and 1 rebound in 17 minutes the last 10 games. Even if you double his minutes to 34, he's only giving you 8pts, 4 assists and 2 rebounds... his defense is horrible too. Averaging .5 steals in his 17 minutes... while opposing point guards are torching him.

He's a guy that just doesn't belong in the NBA right now. Again his career is just starting, but it's not fair to other players to keep playing this kid when he doesn't deserve to play

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/15/2018  8:50 PM
Nalod wrote:
Skudra wrote:winning? did he won something? apart from nice rookie contract?

Was a part of a winning team. He played well. 18 year old with men.
That's a bit special, speaks about character. You wanted more. You might have to wait.
You wanted more, it might not happen. Ever see a player at that age consistent?
You know about Kobe, you know KG, who came out at that same age.
You know the postscript. You don't know if this one. Might be he is average, might be a wall he had to work thru.
But you can't label the kid with accuracy. I can't either, but I can call him a prospect.

KG was one of the most athletically gifted players all time. Kobe had tremendous athleticism. They also were both fierce competitors on both ends of the court and had a mental toughness not seen in many players. Frank shares the fact that he came into the league as a teenager with them and that is it. The other stuff isn't there. Few players have that. Nothing about Frank screams athletic freak. He certainly could become a mentally tough player. I don't see that hof fierceness that those two had ever being a part of what might make him more than a rotation player.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/15/2018  9:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:Frank 35% fg, 33% from 3...69% from the free throw...

I like how a few of you said he's on an upswing with his 3pt%... thats actually true he's shooting 46% the last 10 games! Hooray! But the last 10 games he's scoring 33% from the field and 63% from the free throw line....

He's giving us 4pts 2 assists and 1 rebound in 17 minutes the last 10 games. Even if you double his minutes to 34, he's only giving you 8pts, 4 assists and 2 rebounds... his defense is horrible too. Averaging .5 steals in his 17 minutes... while opposing point guards are torching him.

He's a guy that just doesn't belong in the NBA right now. Again his career is just starting, but it's not fair to other players to keep playing this kid when he doesn't deserve to play

Nothing about his game right now screams 3 and D. He is a jumper away from being close to that guy (he's a good defender/not great). However, we've seen hundreds of athletes enter the league and were a jumper away and never found it, but found themselves out of the league trying to find their games in China or Europe or the old CBA or the USBL or teaching PE in a city high school....We'll see how Frank turns out...

fishmike
USA
2/15/2018  9:55 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

anyone who watched Porter in his rookie year would have EASILY been able to tell he was bust, just like you can see with Frank now. A 3rd pick in the draft should be better than 2ppg and 35% or whatever he shot. Porter was a bad pick because there were better players after him. Bla bla bla....
Negatives only motivate Frank. He's one of those. Another reason (among 500 others) I think he's going to be a good player in the league and a winning player.

Otto Porter was an all american player at Gtown, so anyone who watches college basketball was able to see the prospect in live action could project what type of player he might turn out to be at the next level. Problem with Frank is there aint any references that we could rely on making him virtually unknown. None of us seen him play so we had to rely on some scouting reports and his 5 pts per game in Europe to project what he might or might not be...

simply not true, because against is peers Frank established himself to be elite.
Uptown you should really watch this closely:

That would be FRank the HS senior vs. his peers. Thats the tourney he carried that French team through and put him on the map.

Frank's freshman year in college was playing pro ball. Yes his stats were underwhelming. He also playing against pros and grown men. I also watched that final playoff game and was impressed with Frank's poise and play. Kid got drafted, takes the redeye back and lays it all on the court for a team we would never play for again. Says a lot and helped win me over.

Was that the highlight reel that Phil viewed prior to making the pick? Burn it.
He looked good. Maybe a smart FO exec would have waited another year or two before taking a chance on such a young kid. Specially with a lottery pick. You know that no matter how good you think he MAY turn out to be, it was still a risky pick. His play this year is showing he may have needed another year or two with those peers.

totally a risky pick. They aimed high ceiling. We will see if it works out.
nyk2017
Member: #7538

2/16/2018  12:41 AM
We should not be demonizing this guy until year 3. There is little chance we are going to see his true potential until then. I say, he sould be out there playing 30-35 minutes per dame. He should be allowed to make all the mistakes he can make and let's see where he ends up 2 years from now. We don't want to make the same mistake that Orlando made with Payton and give up on a player too early just to watch him go to San Antonio and light it up.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/16/2018  8:38 AM
Uptown wrote:

Nothing about his game right now screams 3 and D. He is a jumper away from being close to that guy (he's a good defender/not great). However, we've seen hundreds of athletes enter the league and were a jumper away and never found it, but found themselves out of the league trying to find their games in China or Europe or the old CBA or the USBL or teaching PE in a city high school....We'll see how Frank turns out...

Frank has a jumper. 34% 3pt at age 19 is decent. It's league average. Obviously he will improve on that. He is the best shooting PG in the top 10 to this point. He is also the best defensive player in the draft so far. He is also the youngest player in the draft. These things take time. He has shown enough flashes that he will at least be a useful role player. His number are just low because he's incredibly timid on offense, but it has nothing to do with ability.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/16/2018  11:59 AM

I 100% do not understand this sentiment. Why not? Do you think getting experience is NOT a good thing? Even if he is not performing up to YOUR expectations?

Should we only draft and play guys that are 100% ready?

Frank is coming off the bench and getting minutes and experience, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. This is how player development can be done. Players with potential should be given minutes to get used to the speed, physicality, and competition.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/16/2018  12:26 PM
martin wrote:

I 100% do not understand this sentiment. Why not? Do you think getting experience is NOT a good thing? Even if he is not performing up to YOUR expectations?

Frank is coming off the bench and getting minutes and experience, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. This is how player development can be done. Players with potential should be given minutes to get used to the speed, physicality, and competition.

Also, he says his defense is horrible, which is wrong. Judging on the steal rate as his reference, he is only focusing on on stats, so he won't like Frank because stats won't be impressive. Everything i have seen from Frank, he has been excellent defensively for a rookie.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/16/2018  12:53 PM
martin wrote:

Good Post. We all knew Frank was raw. That doesnt mean he doesnt belong in the nba. i think some want instant gratifcation out of the draft. It may take Frank a year to really get comfortable BUT it may be worth the wait. Its not like the Knicks were ready to win now anyway. I like what ive seen from frank. Hopefully after the ASB Jeff stops jerking the kid around and let him and Mudiay pay together for the bul of the minutes
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/16/2018  1:03 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:

Good Post. We all knew Frank was raw. That doesnt mean he doesnt belong in the nba. i think some want instant gratifcation out of the draft. It may take Frank a year to really get comfortable BUT it may be worth the wait. Its not like the Knicks were ready to win now anyway. I like what ive seen from frank. Hopefully after the ASB Jeff stops jerking the kid around and let him and Mudiay pay together for the bul of the minutes

Heck, it may take Frank 2-3 years to even be an average player, and I'd still give him minutes as long as his game kept getting better.

This is what drafting a 18/19 year old is like. If you see and like the potential and the player is working hard (and even if on court performance sucks), you still give him time and minutes.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy