[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank the Blank
Author Thread
EnySpree
Posts: 44512
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/13/2018  6:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:19 year olds, dude.

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this

That's not fair. Nobody else gets a pass but Frank does? Guy's were saying Mudiay sucked and wasn't a NBA player at 19. That he was force fed minutes....a bunch of wild ****... but all that talk is actually what is happening with Frank and were not allowed to say that? That's ridiculous.

Frank is young and I believe he can get better obviously.... but I can't give him that because posters here aren't giving everyone the same benifit of doubt.


No one is really targeting Mudiay. My point is that he had a horrendous rookie year and Denver fans gave him a pass. He made some improvements, which is to be expected of any decent prospect. But you're not giving Frank the same benefit of the doubt?

I keep saying this but I guess i have to keep saying it. 12 and 5 is not a horrendous rookie year.... there is nothing around that fact.

I've also said repeatedly that I believe Frank can and will improve.

I am also saying that he absolutley sucks right now. Anyone that doesn't agree with that is not looking at the game with any type of clarity. To compare mudiay rookie year too what Frank is doing... if you say Mudiay was horrendous, them Frank is a straight up embarrassment to the sport.... I been repeating myself over and over.


Lol we'll have to agree to do disagree. Through advanced stats paint the picture of a substandard rookie year and, if you dig deeper, basic stats like field goal percentage and turnovers show the same thing. That 12 and 5 is superficial. If it was so good, why did they pull the leash the next year when he showed minimal improvement? He was bad and the Denver management thought he was bad and the fans...we'll go check out the Nugget fan boards. Point is Mudiay is still relatively young and Frank is even younger.

They went with the better player... Jamal Murray. That's really it....

And how could you disagree with me and still talk about fg% when Frank has terrible percentages too... even if you project Frank to 36 minutes per his production. Is still bad.... it's a sad day when guys dismiss a NBA player making 12/5 as a rookie and 11 and 5 his second year as being terrible.

You know why I'm here....
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Posts: 55937
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
2/13/2018  6:44 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:19 year olds, dude.

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this

That's not fair. Nobody else gets a pass but Frank does? Guy's were saying Mudiay sucked and wasn't a NBA player at 19. That he was force fed minutes....a bunch of wild ****... but all that talk is actually what is happening with Frank and were not allowed to say that? That's ridiculous.

Frank is young and I believe he can get better obviously.... but I can't give him that because posters here aren't giving everyone the same benifit of doubt.


No one is really targeting Mudiay. My point is that he had a horrendous rookie year and Denver fans gave him a pass. He made some improvements, which is to be expected of any decent prospect. But you're not giving Frank the same benefit of the doubt?

I keep saying this but I guess i have to keep saying it. 12 and 5 is not a horrendous rookie year.... there is nothing around that fact.

I've also said repeatedly that I believe Frank can and will improve.

I am also saying that he absolutley sucks right now. Anyone that doesn't agree with that is not looking at the game with any type of clarity. To compare mudiay rookie year too what Frank is doing... if you say Mudiay was horrendous, them Frank is a straight up embarrassment to the sport.... I been repeating myself over and over.


Lol we'll have to agree to do disagree. Through advanced stats paint the picture of a substandard rookie year and, if you dig deeper, basic stats like field goal percentage and turnovers show the same thing. That 12 and 5 is superficial. If it was so good, why did they pull the leash the next year when he showed minimal improvement? He was bad and the Denver management thought he was bad and the fans...we'll go check out the Nugget fan boards. Point is Mudiay is still relatively young and Frank is even younger.

They went with the better player... Jamal Murray. That's really it....

And how could you disagree with me and still talk about fg% when Frank has terrible percentages too... even if you project Frank to 36 minutes per his production. Is still bad.... it's a sad day when guys dismiss a NBA player making 12/5 as a rookie and 11 and 5 his second year as being terrible.

Frank is on his own timetable. Doesn’t matter what Mudiay did at 19. They’re different players with different strengths. Frank is a project on offense but a stud in the making on Defense. Frank is still having an impact despite his poor scoring. What is most important is how Frank develops the next couple of years. This rookie season is meaningless relative to what happens the next couple of years. The experience is valuable for Frank even with the struggles.

HofstraBBall
Posts: 22633
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

2/13/2018  7:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:19 year olds, dude.

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this

That's not fair. Nobody else gets a pass but Frank does? Guy's were saying Mudiay sucked and wasn't a NBA player at 19. That he was force fed minutes....a bunch of wild ****... but all that talk is actually what is happening with Frank and were not allowed to say that? That's ridiculous.

Frank is young and I believe he can get better obviously.... but I can't give him that because posters here aren't giving everyone the same benifit of doubt.

Disagree that this is what a rebuild, specially in its 4th YEAR. looks like. This is what it looks like when we make the wrong pick and dont develop the earlier picks. After 4 years we have one franchise player with a torn ACL, a pick that is proving we should not have wasted an 8th pick on such a young unproven player and NO ONE else but a inconsistent Timmy and out of timeline Lee. Everyone else may be gone in a NY minute.

Im sorry.. this is the same FO for the last 4 years? Perry is just a continue from Phil?

When did I say it is the same FO? Mills is Dolan's shadow and is the only constant. Point was that this is the 4th year since Phil's "Reboot". Even Fish would agree with me that it has not gone according to plan. A plan which i have called out since it began.

fishmike Posts: 48006 Alba Posts: 1 Joined: 7/19/2002 Member: #298 USA 6/23/2016 12:35 PM fishmike worte" The dream? Would be Pg Rose SG GPII SF Durant PF Melo C Noah Bench: KP, Langston, KOQ, Clyde Frazier
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22633
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

2/13/2018  7:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2018  7:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:19 year olds, dude.

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this

That's not fair. Nobody else gets a pass but Frank does? Guy's were saying Mudiay sucked and wasn't a NBA player at 19. That he was force fed minutes....a bunch of wild ****... but all that talk is actually what is happening with Frank and were not allowed to say that? That's ridiculous.

Frank is young and I believe he can get better obviously.... but I can't give him that because posters here aren't giving everyone the same benifit of doubt.


No one is really targeting Mudiay. My point is that he had a horrendous rookie year and Denver fans gave him a pass. He made some improvements, which is to be expected of any decent prospect. But you're not giving Frank the same benefit of the doubt?

Agree that Mudiays first year was not horrendous. But okay, what exactly does that speak to? We should give Frank a pass and get ready to trade him for scraps in year 3?

There is no getting around it. Frank has been a disappointment as an 8th pick. Can he get better? Sure Is he only 19? Yes. But all we have is hope. Some other teams have picks, made after us, that are having very good years. Which position would you rather be in?

fishmike Posts: 48006 Alba Posts: 1 Joined: 7/19/2002 Member: #298 USA 6/23/2016 12:35 PM fishmike worte" The dream? Would be Pg Rose SG GPII SF Durant PF Melo C Noah Bench: KP, Langston, KOQ, Clyde Frazier
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25383
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/13/2018  8:00 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:19 year olds, dude.

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this

That's not fair. Nobody else gets a pass but Frank does? Guy's were saying Mudiay sucked and wasn't a NBA player at 19. That he was force fed minutes....a bunch of wild ****... but all that talk is actually what is happening with Frank and were not allowed to say that? That's ridiculous.

Frank is young and I believe he can get better obviously.... but I can't give him that because posters here aren't giving everyone the same benifit of doubt.


No one is really targeting Mudiay. My point is that he had a horrendous rookie year and Denver fans gave him a pass. He made some improvements, which is to be expected of any decent prospect. But you're not giving Frank the same benefit of the doubt?

Agree that Mudiays first year was not horrendous. But okay, what exactly does that speak to? We should give Frank a pass and get ready to trade him for scraps in year 3?

There is no getting around it. Frank has been a disappointment as an 8th pick. Can he get better? Sure Is he only 19? Yes. But all we have is hope. Some other teams have picks, made after us, that are having very good years. Which position would you rather be in?

My point is that players aren't fully formed their rookie year, especially at the age of 19. You can decide to give him a pass or not. I'm using Mudiay as an example as a guy, who was the seventh pick BTW, as an example of a guy who had a terrible rookie year, but is still making improvements. Also, he has a single digits PER in his rookie year. That's horrendous lol.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Posts: 44512
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/13/2018  8:03 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:19 year olds, dude.

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this

That's not fair. Nobody else gets a pass but Frank does? Guy's were saying Mudiay sucked and wasn't a NBA player at 19. That he was force fed minutes....a bunch of wild ****... but all that talk is actually what is happening with Frank and were not allowed to say that? That's ridiculous.

Frank is young and I believe he can get better obviously.... but I can't give him that because posters here aren't giving everyone the same benifit of doubt.


No one is really targeting Mudiay. My point is that he had a horrendous rookie year and Denver fans gave him a pass. He made some improvements, which is to be expected of any decent prospect. But you're not giving Frank the same benefit of the doubt?

I keep saying this but I guess i have to keep saying it. 12 and 5 is not a horrendous rookie year.... there is nothing around that fact.

I've also said repeatedly that I believe Frank can and will improve.

I am also saying that he absolutley sucks right now. Anyone that doesn't agree with that is not looking at the game with any type of clarity. To compare mudiay rookie year too what Frank is doing... if you say Mudiay was horrendous, them Frank is a straight up embarrassment to the sport.... I been repeating myself over and over.


Lol we'll have to agree to do disagree. Through advanced stats paint the picture of a substandard rookie year and, if you dig deeper, basic stats like field goal percentage and turnovers show the same thing. That 12 and 5 is superficial. If it was so good, why did they pull the leash the next year when he showed minimal improvement? He was bad and the Denver management thought he was bad and the fans...we'll go check out the Nugget fan boards. Point is Mudiay is still relatively young and Frank is even younger.

They went with the better player... Jamal Murray. That's really it....

And how could you disagree with me and still talk about fg% when Frank has terrible percentages too... even if you project Frank to 36 minutes per his production. Is still bad.... it's a sad day when guys dismiss a NBA player making 12/5 as a rookie and 11 and 5 his second year as being terrible.

Frank is on his own timetable. Doesn’t matter what Mudiay did at 19. They’re different players with different strengths. Frank is a project on offense but a stud in the making on Defense. Frank is still having an impact despite his poor scoring. What is most important is how Frank develops the next couple of years. This rookie season is meaningless relative to what happens the next couple of years. The experience is valuable for Frank even with the struggles.

It's meaningless but I can't let it go that guys feel it's ok to bash Mudiay at 19 but not Frank even Frank is clearly worse

You know why I'm here....
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25383
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/13/2018  8:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2018  8:23 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:19 year olds, dude.

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this

That's not fair. Nobody else gets a pass but Frank does? Guy's were saying Mudiay sucked and wasn't a NBA player at 19. That he was force fed minutes....a bunch of wild ****... but all that talk is actually what is happening with Frank and were not allowed to say that? That's ridiculous.

Frank is young and I believe he can get better obviously.... but I can't give him that because posters here aren't giving everyone the same benifit of doubt.


No one is really targeting Mudiay. My point is that he had a horrendous rookie year and Denver fans gave him a pass. He made some improvements, which is to be expected of any decent prospect. But you're not giving Frank the same benefit of the doubt?

I keep saying this but I guess i have to keep saying it. 12 and 5 is not a horrendous rookie year.... there is nothing around that fact.

I've also said repeatedly that I believe Frank can and will improve.

I am also saying that he absolutley sucks right now. Anyone that doesn't agree with that is not looking at the game with any type of clarity. To compare mudiay rookie year too what Frank is doing... if you say Mudiay was horrendous, them Frank is a straight up embarrassment to the sport.... I been repeating myself over and over.


Lol we'll have to agree to do disagree. Through advanced stats paint the picture of a substandard rookie year and, if you dig deeper, basic stats like field goal percentage and turnovers show the same thing. That 12 and 5 is superficial. If it was so good, why did they pull the leash the next year when he showed minimal improvement? He was bad and the Denver management thought he was bad and the fans...we'll go check out the Nugget fan boards. Point is Mudiay is still relatively young and Frank is even younger.

They went with the better player... Jamal Murray. That's really it....

And how could you disagree with me and still talk about fg% when Frank has terrible percentages too... even if you project Frank to 36 minutes per his production. Is still bad.... it's a sad day when guys dismiss a NBA player making 12/5 as a rookie and 11 and 5 his second year as being terrible.


Murray isn't really a point guard. Yeah they went with a better playmaker and his name is Jokic
You're making my point. As bad as Mudiay was, he still made incremental improvements, right? My question boils down this: why aren't you giving Frank the same leeway you're giving Mudiay. Mudiay still isn't a fully formed player yet, BTW. You're righting Frank off, but going with a guy who also had struggles his rookie year. Why. What's the hurry? You have a terminal illness and need the Knicks to win a title in three years? Frank's is struggling, yes. But you've already written him off. If that's the case, we should write Mudiay off? He's had three years and he's still a below average point guard. And you know better to just base a player's season of a basic averages. You still don't want to address Mudiay's problems with shooting and decision making.
Over the last 30 years, only two rookies have averaged at least 15 points and 13 rebounds per-36 minutes, according to Tommy Beer.
They were Shaquille O’Neal in 1992-93 and Willy Hernangomez in 2016-17. Do you think the 15 and 13 averages tell the entire story of Willy's play with the Knicks? Of course not. Then why do you continue to use similar argument to try and deny the fact that Mudiay had a bad rookie year. Why are you even denying he had a bad rookie year? Who cares as long as he shows improvement, right?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Posts: 55937
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
2/14/2018  12:55 AM
Frank is RAW Offensively but we knew that. It was always going to take time for Frank to develop but the reason why Frank is still a +1 on the year in On/Off Court is his Defense. Frank is that good and it’s going right over a LOT of fans heads! Frank is 90th Percentile in PnR Defense as a Rookie! When he’s on the floor with KP who is a great rim protector it makes the Knicks Defense a LOT better.

http://stats.nba.com/players/ball-handler/#!?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&OD=defensive&sort=Percentile&dir=1&CF=GP*GE*40:PossG*GE*3

blkexec
Posts: 24291
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
2/14/2018  2:29 AM
nixluva wrote:Frank is RAW Offensively but we knew that. It was always going to take time for Frank to develop but the reason why Frank is still a +1 on the year in On/Off Court is his Defense. Frank is that good and it’s going right over a LOT of fans heads! Frank is 90th Percentile in PnR Defense as a Rookie! When he’s on the floor with KP who is a great rim protector it makes the Knicks Defense a LOT better.

http://stats.nba.com/players/ball-handler/#!?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&OD=defensive&sort=Percentile&dir=1&CF=GP*GE*40:PossG*GE*3

The problem is not Frank....its two things:

1. Knicks been terrible for so long....old fans turned into impatient grumpy old farts.
2. It's now an offensive league....so defense isn't valued as high as offense.

You could turn blue in the face....but they will not appreciate Frank until he turns into some offensive guru. I thi k being picked #8 is clouding ones judgement. I made the same mistake. Eventhough I think be was picked too high... and we could've traded down to get him....or at least took a change on a trade down since we k ew be bad flaws.

But that doesn't mean he can't contribute. Cheap contract....willing to learn....loads of 19 yr old potential. At a minimum....he turns into Mudiay which is fine to me because his defense is already ahead of schedule. when his offense catchup....hus defensive IQ and physical strength will be off the charts. Basically Mudiay with lock down skills? I will take that in 2-3 years. It's not easy to find a young defensive stud....Even if his defensive stats are low.....he passes the eye test for me as far as being a quality role player.

G league is interesting if he was the PG of the future.....But as a Guard period....its important to understand and evaluate him against NBA speed. Especially with Mudiay on board because he's now playing against more SG....who will be his size....just as quick and stronger.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
smackeddog
Posts: 32585
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
2/14/2018  3:21 AM
Who'd of thunk it would take more than 4 months to develop a raw 19 year old pg...
martin
Posts: 46844
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2018  2:27 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Posts: 48209
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
2/14/2018  3:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2018  3:12 PM
martin wrote:
This

smackeddog wrote:Who'd of thunk it would take more than 4 months to develop a raw 19 year old pg...
This

Some cant tell the difference between being patient with a process as opposed to simply defending bad play.

Melo is ranked 38 on defense. Probably one of the best PF defenders in the league -HofstraBBall (1/24/2018)
EnySpree
Posts: 44512
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/14/2018  3:13 PM
I'm just waiting for cats to be real and just say Frank sucks.... what you think he can be is irrelevant to that fact. Doesn't mean I'm saying he needs to be traded.... im saying he's terrible right now. That's a fact.
You know why I'm here....
knicks1248
Posts: 36838
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/14/2018  3:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2018  3:17 PM
nixluva wrote:Frank is RAW Offensively but we knew that. It was always going to take time for Frank to develop but the reason why Frank is still a +1 on the year in On/Off Court is his Defense. Frank is that good and it’s going right over a LOT of fans heads! Frank is 90th Percentile in PnR Defense as a Rookie! When he’s on the floor with KP who is a great rim protector it makes the Knicks Defense a LOT better.

http://stats.nba.com/players/ball-handler/#!?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&OD=defensive&sort=Percentile&dir=1&CF=GP*GE*40:PossG*GE*3

His defense has little to no impact, he is not stopping anyone.

Frank is the only 19 yr old in the league getting that much PT, and he sucks.

IT says something about an organization that brings in a kid that RAW, and has to rely on him..Thats the saddest part. An organization like the spurs would have stash him for another yr..

ES
fishmike
Posts: 48209
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
2/14/2018  3:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Frank is RAW Offensively but we knew that. It was always going to take time for Frank to develop but the reason why Frank is still a +1 on the year in On/Off Court is his Defense. Frank is that good and it’s going right over a LOT of fans heads! Frank is 90th Percentile in PnR Defense as a Rookie! When he’s on the floor with KP who is a great rim protector it makes the Knicks Defense a LOT better.

http://stats.nba.com/players/ball-handler/#!?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&OD=defensive&sort=Percentile&dir=1&CF=GP*GE*40:PossG*GE*3

His defense has little to no impact, he is not stopping anyone.

Frank is the only 19 yr old in the league getting that much PT, and he sucks.

IT says something about an organization that brings in a kid that RAW, and has to rely on him..Thats the saddest part. An organization like the spurs would have stash him for another yr..

why work with facts when you can just make up anything that fits your point (which as usual there isnt one)
Melo is ranked 38 on defense. Probably one of the best PF defenders in the league -HofstraBBall (1/24/2018)
Knixkik
Posts: 29066
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2018  3:28 PM
EnySpree wrote:I'm just waiting for cats to be real and just say Frank sucks.... what you think he can be is irrelevant to that fact. Doesn't mean I'm saying he needs to be traded.... im saying he's terrible right now. That's a fact.

Terrible on offense, yes. But he's a good defensive player already. As opposed to many rookies that put up numbers, but they are empty numbers and they are also poor defensively. He's not as bad as his numbers show, compared to other rookies. 3pt shooting going up, defensive impact clearly there. Obviously he has a long way to go, but if you don't just focus on stats and him being invisible on offense at times, there's good stuff in there.

Nalod
Posts: 54759
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2018  3:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Frank is RAW Offensively but we knew that. It was always going to take time for Frank to develop but the reason why Frank is still a +1 on the year in On/Off Court is his Defense. Frank is that good and it’s going right over a LOT of fans heads! Frank is 90th Percentile in PnR Defense as a Rookie! When he’s on the floor with KP who is a great rim protector it makes the Knicks Defense a LOT better.

http://stats.nba.com/players/ball-handler/#!?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&OD=defensive&sort=Percentile&dir=1&CF=GP*GE*40:PossG*GE*3

His defense has little to no impact, he is not stopping anyone.

Frank is the only 19 yr old in the league getting that much PT, and he sucks.

IT says something about an organization that brings in a kid that RAW, and has to rely on him..Thats the saddest part. An organization like the spurs would have stash him for another yr..

YOu said nothing tangible.

Anger sells, don't buy!
EnySpree
Posts: 44512
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/14/2018  3:35 PM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm just waiting for cats to be real and just say Frank sucks.... what you think he can be is irrelevant to that fact. Doesn't mean I'm saying he needs to be traded.... im saying he's terrible right now. That's a fact.

Terrible on offense, yes. But he's a good defensive player already. As opposed to many rookies that put up numbers, but they are empty numbers and they are also poor defensively. He's not as bad as his numbers show, compared to other rookies. 3pt shooting going up, defensive impact clearly there. Obviously he has a long way to go, but if you don't just focus on stats and him being invisible on offense at times, there's good stuff in there.

No need to bring up other players that actual got stats. Frank isn't even stats.... but Frank is better simply because he can play defense? Disregard how hard it is to average anything on the nba level. Those players suck. Frank isn't even on that level. You have to score more to win. You can't go 20 minutes in the nba and get no stats and poodle still say you are a good player because you can "play defense".... it's ridiculous. Frank needs to hear from us that he sucks. That should light a fire. It's just not acceptable

You know why I'm here....
fishmike
Posts: 48209
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
2/14/2018  3:40 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm just waiting for cats to be real and just say Frank sucks.... what you think he can be is irrelevant to that fact. Doesn't mean I'm saying he needs to be traded.... im saying he's terrible right now. That's a fact.

Terrible on offense, yes. But he's a good defensive player already. As opposed to many rookies that put up numbers, but they are empty numbers and they are also poor defensively. He's not as bad as his numbers show, compared to other rookies. 3pt shooting going up, defensive impact clearly there. Obviously he has a long way to go, but if you don't just focus on stats and him being invisible on offense at times, there's good stuff in there.

No need to bring up other players that actual got stats. Frank isn't even stats.... but Frank is better simply because he can play defense? Disregard how hard it is to average anything on the nba level. Those players suck. Frank isn't even on that level. You have to score more to win. You can't go 20 minutes in the nba and get no stats and poodle still say you are a good player because you can "play defense".... it's ridiculous. Frank needs to hear from us that he sucks. That should light a fire. It's just not acceptable

Do you think was good with that? You think Frank is happy with his game?
Melo is ranked 38 on defense. Probably one of the best PF defenders in the league -HofstraBBall (1/24/2018)
Knixkik
Posts: 29066
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2018  3:41 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm just waiting for cats to be real and just say Frank sucks.... what you think he can be is irrelevant to that fact. Doesn't mean I'm saying he needs to be traded.... im saying he's terrible right now. That's a fact.

Terrible on offense, yes. But he's a good defensive player already. As opposed to many rookies that put up numbers, but they are empty numbers and they are also poor defensively. He's not as bad as his numbers show, compared to other rookies. 3pt shooting going up, defensive impact clearly there. Obviously he has a long way to go, but if you don't just focus on stats and him being invisible on offense at times, there's good stuff in there.

No need to bring up other players that actual got stats. Frank isn't even stats.... but Frank is better simply because he can play defense? Disregard how hard it is to average anything on the nba level. Those players suck. Frank isn't even on that level. You have to score more to win. You can't go 20 minutes in the nba and get no stats and poodle still say you are a good player because you can "play defense".... it's ridiculous. Frank needs to hear from us that he sucks. That should light a fire. It's just not acceptable

Compare him to someone like Andre Roberson, who just got paid big but never puts up stats. Frank can shoot much better than him too. Just saying, just because you don't put up stats doesn't mean you suck. Frank has 2 nba skills right now: good perimeter defense, and 3pt shot (which is improving every day to NBA average). The rest of his game is a major work in progress. But he should be a college freshman right now, so i can deal with that.

Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.