Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/4/2018  10:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:2 points on 1-8 from the kid again, but some of you are going to rave about his 2 blocks.

They need to shop this kid, and at this point his value is lower than willie.

Frank needs to be on a team with some really good player

This is why they say you can't rebuild in NY. Again, just focus on the stats.

Unfortunately that's how you measure a players worth.

we have been rebuilding since the 17 win season 4 yrs ago. Just because phil rebuilding process included veterans(who sucked), and mills wants young boys(who suck), it's still a rebuild.

Here's a stat for you. We are currently 29th in team defense with him off the floor. 9th in team defense with him on the floor. So stats tell whichever story you want them to. If you focus on just shooting, which you seem to, you won't be happy with him.

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/4/2018  10:52 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:2 points on 1-8 from the kid again, but some of you are going to rave about his 2 blocks.

we have been rebuilding since the 17 win season 4 yrs ago. Just because phil rebuilding process included veterans(who sucked), and mills wants young boys(who suck), it's still a rebuild.

Here's a stat for you. We are currently 29th in team defense with him off the floor. 9th in team defense with him on the floor. So stats tell whichever story you want them to. If you focus on just shooting, which you seem to, you won't be happy with him.

That's all you guys have with this kid.... if the Knicks truly got all the way up to 9th in the nba in defense just because Frank is on the floor, then why are we currently a lottery team? I'm still tryingti figure out who the kid had ever stopped in his life. This reminds me of Iman Shumpert. Shump at least played aggressive even though he sucked too and had a bad attitude.... I still have high hopes for Frank, but I'm really sick of this conversation the way it's going.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/4/2018  11:10 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

That's all you guys have with this kid.... if the Knicks truly got all the way up to 9th in the nba in defense just because Frank is on the floor, then why are we currently a lottery team? I'm still tryingti figure out who the kid had ever stopped in his life. This reminds me of Iman Shumpert. Shump at least played aggressive even though he sucked too and had a bad attitude.... I still have high hopes for Frank, but I'm really sick of this conversation the way it's going.

Then stop interjecting, it's that simple.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/4/2018  11:20 AM
Hey... Frank's offense is bad. He's just now starting to shoot more and its not going in. Kid is going to be fine. He's got game. Once puberty sets in and hits the weight room he's a player. Hopefully its only a year or two and not 5

Lets pretend he's Dennis Smith, ignore the losing, the score and just focus on a fun play

https://www.msgnetworks.com/videos/highlight-frank-razzle-dazzle/

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

4/4/2018  12:16 PM
Problem is about perception. some folks think because Frank drops 5.3 pts per game that he avged last yr is that he sucks.....If the kid grew up in the US on the AAU circuit and played like this offensively I would be concerned...I listened to this Podcast a while back on Frank with this dude from France who is a Knick fan....he was a bit over the top with his praise for Frank (he said he will be the next J. Kidd), but he did say that French players are trained on a team first basis and that the NBA would be an adjustment....

If we are seeing the same from Frank at the end of next year were 1 out of every 3 to 5 games he has a stat line of: 8pts, 5asts, 4 rebs, 1 stl....then I would start to raise my cause for concern......

Just cause he is not offensively proficient now that does not mean he cannot and will not get better....I have see enough flashes to be hopeful....I admit I have blinders on not because I am a homer but because I cannot look at DSJ and Donovan and believe that Frank should be putting up the same stats.....Also he needs a killer instinct honed...

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/4/2018  12:39 PM
fishmike wrote:Hey... Frank's offense is bad. He's just now starting to shoot more and its not going in. Kid is going to be fine. He's got game. Once puberty sets in and hits the weight room he's a player. Hopefully its only a year or two and not 5

Lets pretend he's Dennis Smith, ignore the losing, the score and just focus on a fun play

Yep. I think his biggest concern coming in was whether the NBA game was too fast for him. That's not the case. The spot up shooting looks solid he just needs more reps. I still see the potential, just needs to put in the work.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/4/2018  12:40 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

ok so we hold teams to under a 100 points with him on the floor (that's great)

but we score 73 points with him on the floor. (you still lose)

What's the purpose of making stops if you can't capitalize on it.

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/4/2018  1:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/4/2018  1:23 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

You do realize this stat is skewed because its against second units?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

4/4/2018  1:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/4/2018  1:26 PM
fishmike wrote:Hey... Frank's offense is bad. He's just now starting to shoot more and its not going in. Kid is going to be fine. He's got game. Once puberty sets in and hits the weight room he's a player. Hopefully its only a year or two and not 5

Great Idea!

"Just a Chucker" except for 8 dimes and 8 boards.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
USA
4/4/2018  1:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

same purpose in scoring if the cant stop the other team. David Lee put up 20/12. We lost 50+ games. He gave up 25/15.

Frank's offense stinks. His defense is good.

fishmike
USA
4/4/2018  1:33 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Great Idea!

Kid had a great game. IS he better then Trey Burke?
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/4/2018  1:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

same purpose in scoring if the cant stop the other team. David Lee put up 20/12. We lost 50+ games. He gave up 25/15.

But I thought you were in favor of 2 way players.

ES
fishmike
USA
4/4/2018  3:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

But I thought you were in favor of 2 way players.

I am. Frank has shown a good jumper. He's got PG skills. He is not unskilled. He is not ready. Do you understand there is a difference between being unskilled and not ready?

We have tape of Frank being unstoppable on offense. The difference between doing that vs. your peers at age 17 and doing it vs NBA players and grown men at age 18 and 19 is big. Really big. Like might be 2-3 years big. Thats pretty normal actually (just not for Knick fans).

I am wasting time talking to someone how doesnt think roster building or player development "takes time." Sorry man it does.

HofstraBBall

4/4/2018  3:08 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Great Idea!

I'll bite. Yes I do. Do you?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/4/2018  3:15 PM

Smith had 18, 8 and 8 last night and his team beat the Blazers. The Knicks never sent Frank down to Westchester but the squad that got the majority of the minutes last night for the Magic isn't that different from a g league squad.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2018  3:20 PM
I don't think any frank supporter is upset that DSjr is better than Frank today.
He did not want any part of the Knicks. No medical records, no workout, no octopus.
We have one dude who wants to dump him thinking he is garbage. He supports Frank is bad and always be.
I support that Frank has unique qualities and has great upside. its not who he is now, but what he can be.
The crux of the argument. The rest is noise.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/4/2018  3:28 PM
Was pretty surprised by this when it went down. Same for block on Biyombo at the rim.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/4/2018  3:29 PM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Then stop interjecting, it's that simple.

If that's all you want to highlight in that post then I guess I will. It is that simple

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2018  3:31 PM
martin wrote:Was pretty surprised by this when it went down. Same for block on Biyombo at the rim.

Isn't that what old school toughness nba fans like? THis is why Frank gets minutes, he is earning his minutes.
Looks so easy doesn't it?

fishmike
USA
4/4/2018  3:44 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Great Idea!

I'll bite. Yes I do. Do you?

Down the road or today?

They had similar rookie season.

Is Trey Burke what you would expect from a 9th pick? That is where he was taken. Did you see Burke in the tourney? I am a betting man I could say 50-1 that when Burke declared you would have thought he had "it."

I mean the sample size is small. But Burke was the best player in the Gleague (and they were one of the best teams). Right now Burke's midrange game is unstoppable. They eye test is easy. The #s are nuts. Burke is shooting 50% from 10-16 feet and 60% from 16-3pt.

Right now with Burke you have a guy that creates separation with ease, is money from midrange, moves the ball to teammates for tons of open looks and never turns the ball over. Like ever. He's small. He defends fine m2m but fighting over screens is where the small guards get hurt and Burke does. Its why the #s show he's best with Frank. Not because Frank is the best, he clearly is NOT, but because Frank moves the ball back to Burke and is the better defender. Burke's effort on defense has impressed me. Enough where I am ready to hand him the keys next year and not touch a guy like Trea Young.

So TODAY Burke is a much better NBA player. Its not even close. IS that fair? Well DSmith hasnt had 3 years to figure out like Burke, so its a bit silly to compare. I would not be surprised to see a guy like Smith Jr blossom on another team after Dallas or Carlisle is sick of the bad shots, poor defense and TOs. Some guys take time.

When Jazz drafted Burke 9th this is what they hoped they were getting. Is the shooting sustainable? What carries more weight? Smith's potential or Burke's small sample of recent NBA play?

Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy