[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank the Blank
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/29/2018  9:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2018  9:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Nate Duncan made an interesting point about Frank. He said Frank can be an excellent defender if he is playing and defending the point but he loses his size advantage at the 2 and his lack of athleticism and lack of being an offensive ve threat makes it tough to play him there.

Frank's wingspan and better conditioning should take care of that, Might even grow a little more. But its the offense thats going to determine if he is a starter.

AUTOADVERT
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
3/29/2018  10:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Nate Duncan made an interesting point about Frank. He said Frank can be an excellent defender if he is playing and defending the point but he loses his size advantage at the 2 and his lack of athleticism and lack of being an offensive ve threat makes it tough to play him there.

I have to disagree with Nate there - Frank has been playing good defense on players ranging from Chris Paul to Andrew Wiggins. Playing offense and defense at the point position are separable, if we want to go in that direction. The fact is I rather he play defense at the point position, where many of the league's impact players are. Additionally, his effect there trickles down to the remainder of the opponent offense by delaying play sets and keeping a smaller player off the floor vulnerable to switching.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/30/2018  12:56 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Frank's wingspan and better conditioning should take care of that, Might even grow a little more. But its the offense thats going to determine if he is a starter.

I agree. I think Frank's lack of athleticism is being oversold. He just needs to get stronger. We've already seen him give wings problems on defense. This video shows how much ground Frank can cover already.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

3/31/2018  7:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:that new era knicks tweet is incorrect. he didn't hold them scoreless because they did score. i dont think frank was guarding them each possession or the number of possessions mentioned in the tweet. also...how many possessions were they trying to score instead of an easy lob pass or kick out for a 3 or where knicks help defense was present etc etc

You seriously don't watch close enough if you can make such a post. IF you can't understand that Frank actually has shut players down then there's no helping you. Fultz TRIED to score against Frank and MOST of the time he had to pass the ball. That happens OVER and OVER again in games cuz Frank is that good when he's locked in on D. Frank is a great TEAM defender as well and helps so much that sometimes he gets caught but most of the time he gets back. For the LIFE of me I can't understand the mentality of some Knicks fans when it comes to assessing Frank's defensive ability.

you dont watch anything but with rose colored glasses on. take ya ass to another poster.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/31/2018  8:44 PM

No sh!t

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/1/2018  2:34 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:that new era knicks tweet is incorrect. he didn't hold them scoreless because they did score. i dont think frank was guarding them each possession or the number of possessions mentioned in the tweet. also...how many possessions were they trying to score instead of an easy lob pass or kick out for a 3 or where knicks help defense was present etc etc

You seriously don't watch close enough if you can make such a post. IF you can't understand that Frank actually has shut players down then there's no helping you. Fultz TRIED to score against Frank and MOST of the time he had to pass the ball. That happens OVER and OVER again in games cuz Frank is that good when he's locked in on D. Frank is a great TEAM defender as well and helps so much that sometimes he gets caught but most of the time he gets back. For the LIFE of me I can't understand the mentality of some Knicks fans when it comes to assessing Frank's defensive ability.

you dont watch anything but with rose colored glasses on. take ya ass to another poster.

You realize that NOTHING you just wrote actually defends your statement right? See if you had something of value to add it would've taken the form of some kind of statistical information or video to support your take but you resorted to taking personal shots with no additional info to back up what you claimed. TYPICAL.

You made a claim that you didn't in ANY WAY back up with anything but your negative take on Frank. It's not whether a player did score at all in the game but how they did when Frank was guarding them. I'm not sure why you don't quite understand that.

This is some of the action in the Sixers game where Frank was guarding Fultz. He wasn't always guard him but when he was Fultz wasn't able to get off.

Even tho he makes some mistakes here and there, overall, Frank is really great defensively Man to Man and as a Team Defender.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/2/2018  2:58 PM

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
4/2/2018  3:01 PM

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/2/2018  4:07 PM
Crush, sooo I guess Frank is not winning ROY?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/2/2018  8:08 PM
And look 2 of the players I clamored for In Mitchell and Hart are doing their thing though Hart got Injured.. All for the same principals that I believe Frank will be a good player down the road as he matures as they did. Niether were elite scorers which is why a player like Monk got valued higher. Yet they have the all around games and physical builds and length that helps them translate better. Built up defensive reps in college. Hart could very well end up being a Jimmy Butler type of stud in a few seasons in his own way.

I think Monte Morris from Denver will also start to shine when he gets burn regularly in Denver.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Cartman718

4/2/2018  8:45 PM
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You realize that NOTHING you just wrote actually defends your statement right? See if you had something of value to add it would've taken the form of some kind of statistical information or video to support your take but you resorted to taking personal shots with no additional info to back up what you claimed. TYPICAL.

You made a claim that you didn't in ANY WAY back up with anything but your negative take on Frank. It's not whether a player did score at all in the game but how they did when Frank was guarding them. I'm not sure why you don't quite understand that.

This is some of the action in the Sixers game where Frank was guarding Fultz. He wasn't always guard him but when he was Fultz wasn't able to get off.

Even tho he makes some mistakes here and there, overall, Frank is really great defensively Man to Man and as a Team Defender.

nixluva stop being a diva and actually read some of my posts....you are pissing me off. if you had READ some of my posts in this thread...you'd have seen i was actually defending frank vs trey burke in the back and forth with eny. and now i am suddenly having a negative take on frank.

here's the problem...any time someone tries to introduce any reality into your over the top posts, you go after them like...WTF how could you?????? stop being a diva...its ok if you are wrong a few times.

frank is not at the point where the tweet said he was...if you think he is there already, you are delusional.
and you never DIRECTLY ANSWERED my post so i chose not to answer yours. i'll repeat my statement...

"that new era knicks tweet is incorrect. he didn't hold them scoreless because they did score. i dont think frank was guarding them each possession or the number of possessions mentioned in the tweet. also...how many possessions were they trying to score instead of an easy lob pass or kick out for a 3 or where knicks help defense was present etc etc"

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/3/2018  9:58 PM
2 points on 1-8 from the kid again, but some of you are going to rave about his 2 blocks.

They need to shop this kid, and at this point his value is lower than willie.

Frank needs to be on a team with some really good player

ES
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
4/3/2018  10:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:2 points on 1-8 from the kid again, but some of you are going to rave about his 2 blocks.

WHy shop him now? Keeping him isn't hurting anything and its stupid to sell players at their lowest point.
CrushAlot
USA
4/3/2018  11:35 PM
Guys drafted after Frank watch. Kuzma, Collins, Smith jr, Monk all had big games. I feel like I need to get rid of apps on my phone so I can get behind Frank as the 8th pick.
Cartman718

4/4/2018  7:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Guys drafted after Frank watch. Kuzma, Collins, Smith jr, Monk all had big games. I feel like I need to get rid of apps on my phone so I can get behind Frank as the 8th pick.
If this is is his floor, I’m pleased. With strength and stamina, he should do better. More importantly, 1000 fast shots needed a day during the off-season
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/4/2018  7:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/4/2018  7:56 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Guys drafted after Frank watch. Kuzma, Collins, Smith jr, Monk all had big games. I feel like I need to get rid of apps on my phone so I can get behind Frank as the 8th pick.
If this is is his floor, I'm pleased. With strength and stamina, he should do better. More importantly, 1000 fast shots needed a day during the off-season

All the things I was worried about when drafting Frank are showing up. Very slow release on his shot, inability to get into the paint off the dribble, quick to give up the ball. Frank is not a PG and that's ok. Frank can still be a solid player on a good team we just have to put the right pieces around him. Surprisingly Burke and someone like Trey Young is actually a good backcourt mate for him. Frank is a SG and signing Hardaway Jr, to a long term deal shows just how bad this FO is, they have no idea what they are looking at, well at least Mills is clueless. That money should of been used on a true SF, or we could of offered a nice deal to Randle this off-season to play next to KP or saved our wad fro a true SF. Until we fire Mills we are going nowhere, the Hardaway move while on the surface from a value standpoint was about right, it made zero sense for where the team is right now. Signing Hardaway probably cost us a top 5 pick.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
4/4/2018  8:20 AM
It hilarious to think that you can slide this kid over to a shooting guard and he is one of the worst shooters in the NBA.

I would like to see the FO man up and realize he wasn't the pick for this team at this point in time. You may not get much in return, but keeping him doesn't make much sense when your lacking in so many areas and you have zero cap space this off season.

Every time I watch highlights of DSJ, they always poke fun at the knicks , especially on ESPN and TNT

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2018  8:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:It hilarious to think that you can slide this kid over to a shooting guard and he is one of the worst shooters in the NBA.

I would like to see the FO man up and realize he wasn't the pick for this team at this point in time. You may not get much in return, but keeping him doesn't make much sense when your lacking in so many areas and you have zero cap space this off season.

Every time I watch highlights of DSJ, they always poke fun at the knicks , especially on ESPN and TNT

Every time I see DSJ Highlights I remember he didn’t want to give knicks his medical records or work out for us. You saying every highlight on two networks always poke fun of knicks? Wow!!!!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/4/2018  9:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/4/2018  9:02 AM
knicks1248 wrote:2 points on 1-8 from the kid again, but some of you are going to rave about his 2 blocks.

This is why they say you can't rebuild in NY. Again, just focus on the stats.

knicks1248
4/4/2018  9:38 AM
Knixkik wrote:

This is why they say you can't rebuild in NY. Again, just focus on the stats.

Unfortunately that's how you measure a players worth.

we have been rebuilding since the 17 win season 4 yrs ago. Just because phil rebuilding process included veterans(who sucked), and mills wants young boys(who suck), it's still a rebuild.

ES
Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy