[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank the Blank
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/13/2018  12:47 PM
By the way, as happy as I was about the Knicks drafting Frankie boy... he’s been even more suck-ass as Moody and Peyton.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/13/2018  12:50 PM
And no... I have not given up on Frank. I am still a fan and think he can become a very good player.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/13/2018  12:52 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:19 year olds, dude.

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this

That's not fair. Nobody else gets a pass but Frank does? Guy's were saying Mudiay sucked and wasn't a NBA player at 19. That he was force fed minutes....a bunch of wild ****... but all that talk is actually what is happening with Frank and were not allowed to say that? That's ridiculous.

Frank is young and I believe he can get better obviously.... but I can't give him that because posters here aren't giving everyone the same benifit of doubt.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

2/13/2018  12:58 PM
blkexec wrote:Martin......sounds like you could use some help policing. Might not be a bad idea to have your vets help police new posters. I'm assuming your not getting paid for this.....we appreciate your time.

If Martin allowed me to moderate half of you wouldn't be able to post here. I love to debate, argue and talk snack but the amount of lies and garbage spewed is unbearable at times. You simply can't say something is true or try to argue a point that can easily be disputed with a simple Google search.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/13/2018  1:46 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this

That's not fair. Nobody else gets a pass but Frank does? Guy's were saying Mudiay sucked and wasn't a NBA player at 19. That he was force fed minutes....a bunch of wild ****... but all that talk is actually what is happening with Frank and were not allowed to say that? That's ridiculous.

Frank is young and I believe he can get better obviously.... but I can't give him that because posters here aren't giving everyone the same benifit of doubt.

Disagree that this is what a rebuild, specially in its 4th YEAR. looks like. This is what it looks like when we make the wrong pick and dont develop the earlier picks. After 4 years we have one franchise player with a torn ACL, a pick that is proving we should not have wasted an 8th pick on such a young unproven player and NO ONE else but a inconsistent Timmy and out of timeline Lee. Everyone else may be gone in a NY minute.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/13/2018  1:56 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

this

Disagree that this is what a rebuild, specially in its 4th YEAR. looks like. This is what it looks like when we make the wrong pick and dont develop the earlier picks. After 4 years we have one franchise player with a torn ACL, a pick that is proving we should not have wasted an 8th pick on such a young unproven player and NO ONE else but a inconsistent Timmy and out of timeline Lee. Everyone else may be gone in a NY minute.

To be fair, it a snapshot today and your right.
What is known was it looked better 80 days ago!
What is not know is what it looks like in July.
Its why I won't levy a opinion today. After the season you access everything.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/13/2018  2:11 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

this

rebuild is when you clear the front office of everyone from the pass regime, then you get yourself an establish coach. Not get rid of one guy and play musical chairs with the rest.

How the hell can this be a rebuild when more than half the roster is sign through next season

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/13/2018  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2018  2:33 PM
Nalod wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

this

To be fair, it a snapshot today and your right.
What is known was it looked better 80 days ago!
What is not know is what it looks like in July.
Its why I won't levy a opinion today. After the season you access everything.

Agree that its always a moving target. Think some positives are that we added 2 second rounders. Although I am pretty sure we gave 1 up. But net gain 1 second rounder. Gained a young asset with friendly contract in Mudiay. Can consider Burke a future asset and probably a cheap contract to lock up. Like Dotson and looking forward for him to getting more playing time. Have a couple of guys that can be considered 2nd round picks in Kormet, Hicks. (But long shots). Kept Lee, a productive vet, and did not trade him for scraps. Although it would have been nice to get a 1st rounder for him. But indication is that there was not one available. Like Kanter and think he can be traded next year or signed to reasonable extension. Noah will be extended next October.

Was dissapointed that we did not get anything for KO. Think we will lose him this off season and may prove to be a miss by FO. Of course KP getting hurt is a kick in the nuts but hopefully he comes back strong. Trading Willy, who was thought as one of our young core players, was a step back. Regardless if it was waranted or not.
Frank has been dissapointing but maybe more so because I wanted others. Hope everyone is right and he turns it around. Was hoping Timmy would have had a more consistent season after he stepped it up in November.

But, as you said, lets hope for some more positive news by July.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/13/2018  2:36 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

this

Im sorry.. this is the same FO for the last 4 years? Perry is just a continue from Phil?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/13/2018  3:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

this

No one is really targeting Mudiay. My point is that he had a horrendous rookie year and Denver fans gave him a pass. He made some improvements, which is to be expected of any decent prospect. But you're not giving Frank the same benefit of the doubt?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/13/2018  3:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

this

No one is really targeting Mudiay. My point is that he had a horrendous rookie year and Denver fans gave him a pass. He made some improvements, which is to be expected of any decent prospect. But you're not giving Frank the same benefit of the doubt?

The following season they drafted murry(alarm bells) another pg/sg, the following season he gets a bunch of DNP CD and then traded..

Frank needs to play with guys on his level, dominate them, then step up

ES
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
2/13/2018  4:01 PM
EnY should be happy. His wet dream of Hernangomez leaving town came true for a weak return. Rather than a knee jerk “send him back to France” have enough patience to see if he becomes a player. Interesting how Mario H from Orlando is now being sought. He was a high pick also and took time to mature.
Paris907
USA
2/13/2018  4:03 PM
Fair is Fair Martin. Don’t let him punk Briggs.
Paris907
USA
2/13/2018  4:03 PM
Fair is Fair Martin. Don’t let him punk Briggs.
BigDaddyG

2/13/2018  4:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

this

The following season they drafted murry(alarm bells) another pg/sg, the following season he gets a bunch of DNP CD and then traded..

Frank needs to play with guys on his level, dominate them, then step up

At the time, they brought Murray in to be their scoring guard. Murray tried to play the 1 at UK, but lost that to Ulis because he struggled. The rest is history.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
2/13/2018  4:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2018  4:44 PM
SO many players, some headed to the HOF, were a complete joke their rookie year. Give him an off-season go work on his body and his weaknesses for gods sake. I have nothing but optimism for Frank.
EnySpree

2/13/2018  5:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

this

I keep saying this but I guess i have to keep saying it. 12 and 5 is not a horrendous rookie year.... there is nothing around that fact.

I've also said repeatedly that I believe Frank can and will improve.

I am also saying that he absolutley sucks right now. Anyone that doesn't agree with that is not looking at the game with any type of clarity. To compare mudiay rookie year too what Frank is doing... if you say Mudiay was horrendous, them Frank is a straight up embarrassment to the sport.... I been repeating myself over and over.

EnySpree

2/13/2018  5:18 PM
Zebo13 wrote:SO many players, some headed to the HOF, were a complete joke their rookie year. Give him an off-season go work on his body and his weaknesses for gods sake. I have nothing but optimism for Frank.

Again that's good to have optimism.... but say it for what it is. Frank is absolutely terrible right now. That's the ****ing truth regardless if he is a hall of famers in 20 years. Today in 2018 he's terrible. It's annoying the **** out of me that fans keep talking about "let him grow he's only 19".... gtfoh with that. Guys are quick to say Mudiay was horrendous at 19 but went say if for Frank when he clearly to the eye test and the stat sheet that Frank is the one that's horrendous. That's that bull**** with this forum.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/13/2018  5:42 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:SO many players, some headed to the HOF, were a complete joke their rookie year. Give him an off-season go work on his body and his weaknesses for gods sake. I have nothing but optimism for Frank.

Again that's good to have optimism.... but say it for what it is. Frank is absolutely terrible right now. That's the ****ing truth regardless if he is a hall of famers in 20 years. Today in 2018 he's terrible. It's annoying the **** out of me that fans keep talking about "let him grow he's only 19".... gtfoh with that. Guys are quick to say Mudiay was horrendous at 19 but went say if for Frank when he clearly to the eye test and the stat sheet that Frank is the one that's horrendous. That's that bull**** with this forum.

Frank isn’t horrible! He’s struggling. There’s a difference. He’s still an NBA level defender and that makes him useful even now. Possibly Frank’s worst game and yet he was still a +4. Mudiay was a -18 but since he’s a more developed it’s easier for him to LOOK more effective. They both have a lot to improve on.

Frank is going to mature physically and mentally so I’m not worried about him. His BASE is already better than some realize. Frank’s On/Off Court Impact is a +1 at this moment, despite how poorly he’s played offensively. Just imagine when his scoring improves.

BigDaddyG

2/13/2018  5:43 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

this

I keep saying this but I guess i have to keep saying it. 12 and 5 is not a horrendous rookie year.... there is nothing around that fact.

I've also said repeatedly that I believe Frank can and will improve.

I am also saying that he absolutley sucks right now. Anyone that doesn't agree with that is not looking at the game with any type of clarity. To compare mudiay rookie year too what Frank is doing... if you say Mudiay was horrendous, them Frank is a straight up embarrassment to the sport.... I been repeating myself over and over.

Lol we'll have to agree to do disagree. Through advanced stats paint the picture of a substandard rookie year and, if you dig deeper, basic stats like field goal percentage and turnovers show the same thing. That 12 and 5 is superficial. If it was so good, why did they pull the leash the next year when he showed minimal improvement? He was bad and the Denver management thought he was bad and the fans...we'll go check out the Nugget fan boards. Point is Mudiay is still relatively young and Frank is even younger.
Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy