Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/27/2018  10:12 AM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:One problem here is that it's really gotten personal with Frank here. If you point to any of his deficiencies it's implied by a cadre of posters that you are somehow less sophisticated or ignorant. One guy seems to only post that people who aren't 100% enamored with Frank only can see scoring and dunks. Ad hominem attacks while proven to be effective in swaying soctators are the lowest form of argument.
Because we dont develop players, guys really only follow the Knicks and so they dont understand this process. It is a very tough league. Frank is a very young player. There are so many players that take lumps and look bad before they look good. We have not seen that process so we (as a fan base) dont get it. Look at Draymond Green's first couple of years. Look at Kris Dunn last year.

If next year Frank averages 9ppg and shoots 40% he will be as good has James Harden at the same age. Go take a look at Kyle Lowry's first 2 years. Go look at Goran Dragic's first couple years. There are so many guys that struggle early, especially right out of the gate.

It would be nice if Frank busted out of the gate like Lilliard but he hasnt.

Of the guards we were looking at we whiffed missing on Mitchell. However I would take Frank over Smith or Monk. Trey Burke just dropped 40 coming out of the G league. You can get little shifty scorers. They are everywhere. You cant get long guys who defend multiple positions and make others better. Those are worth drafting and developing. I think Frank will change some tunes in upcoming years.

Thing is Frank is young and has a lot to learn and develop.... we should be treating him like everyone of our other rookies. Back and forth to the g league trying to build up confidence in the player. Baker, Dotson, Trey, Kornet, Hicks.... they all went down there. Frank should have wen't down there too. He has basketball issues that need tobe ironed out. That's how you develop a kid.

I get bent out of shape because I believe guys should play if they deserve to play. That's why I wanted Willy gone. Frank has shown flashes but not enough to warrant starting or getting 20 plus minutes every night over Burke and Mudiay. It's blasphemous. Burke earned his starting spot the first week he got called up. It's a shame he has to go full Marbury (yeah I said it) in order to get people to acknowledge his play.

Nobody is saying trade Frank.... but the kid hasn't shown he's worth the minutes he's getting today. He's day is not here yet. He had to prove he can contribute. Right now... Burke should be our point guard... Tim Hardaway is our shooting guard. Frank has to battle Mudiay and Dotson now. If he wants to start... he has to outplay Burke.... good luck

You have the very old school philosophy of player's earning minutes, it's not the only way and obviously not the way the Knicks choose to use Frank. Quite Frankly, that's a playoff team - only play guys who earn minutes - not a team of young guys who will make mistakes and need minutes.

Frank is not getting 20 minutes OVER Mudiay and Burke. Frank is averaging 21, Burke 19, Mudiay 23.

And lighten up on the swearing man, more fiber in your diet or something, make those bathroom runs easier

I think the point he's making is that, Frank should never be playing in front of burke, neither should jack. I said that since the UTAH game in December, a few days after he came up.

Frank has not received one single DNP CD this season, but every point guard we have has, and he's the worse of the bunch

ES
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/27/2018  10:30 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:One problem here is that it's really gotten personal with Frank here. If you point to any of his deficiencies it's implied by a cadre of posters that you are somehow less sophisticated or ignorant. One guy seems to only post that people who aren't 100% enamored with Frank only can see scoring and dunks. Ad hominem attacks while proven to be effective in swaying soctators are the lowest form of argument.
Because we dont develop players, guys really only follow the Knicks and so they dont understand this process. It is a very tough league. Frank is a very young player. There are so many players that take lumps and look bad before they look good. We have not seen that process so we (as a fan base) dont get it. Look at Draymond Green's first couple of years. Look at Kris Dunn last year.

If next year Frank averages 9ppg and shoots 40% he will be as good has James Harden at the same age. Go take a look at Kyle Lowry's first 2 years. Go look at Goran Dragic's first couple years. There are so many guys that struggle early, especially right out of the gate.

Of the guards we were looking at we whiffed missing on Mitchell. However I would take Frank over Smith or Monk. Trey Burke just dropped 40 coming out of the G league. You can get little shifty scorers. They are everywhere. You cant get long guys who defend multiple positions and make others better. Those are worth drafting and developing. I think Frank will change some tunes in upcoming years.

Thing is Frank is young and has a lot to learn and develop.... we should be treating him like everyone of our other rookies. Back and forth to the g league trying to build up confidence in the player. Baker, Dotson, Trey, Kornet, Hicks.... they all went down there. Frank should have wen't down there too. He has basketball issues that need tobe ironed out. That's how you develop a kid.

I get bent out of shape because I believe guys should play if they deserve to play. That's why I wanted Willy gone. Frank has shown flashes but not enough to warrant starting or getting 20 plus minutes every night over Burke and Mudiay. It's blasphemous. Burke earned his starting spot the first week he got called up. It's a shame he has to go full Marbury (yeah I said it) in order to get people to acknowledge his play.

Nobody is saying trade Frank.... but the kid hasn't shown he's worth the minutes he's getting today. He's day is not here yet. He had to prove he can contribute. Right now... Burke should be our point guard... Tim Hardaway is our shooting guard. Frank has to battle Mudiay and Dotson now. If he wants to start... he has to outplay Burke.... good luck

You have the very old school philosophy of player's earning minutes, it's not the only way and obviously not the way the Knicks choose to use Frank. Quite Frankly, that's a playoff team - only play guys who earn minutes - not a team of young guys who will make mistakes and need minutes.

Frank is not getting 20 minutes OVER Mudiay and Burke. Frank is averaging 21, Burke 19, Mudiay 23.

And lighten up on the swearing man, more fiber in your diet or something, make those bathroom runs easier

I think the point he's making is that, Frank should never be playing in front of burke, neither should jack. I said that since the UTAH game in December, a few days after he came up.

Frank has not received one single DNP CD this season, but every point guard we have has, and he's the worse of the bunch

1) We are a rebuilding team and we need to find out what we have to work with. We though we had a good idea in what we had in Trey. I don't think anyone expected he'd put up superstar numbers. Is it an end of the season mirage? We won't know until next season.

2) Frank is our best defender at the guard spot. That's earned him minutes. Yes, Trey had a big game. But lost in all this is the fact that the Hornets were able to get stops down the stretch and we weren't. That's why we lost and we wastedd atremdendous effort from
Burke and that's why Frank gets minutes.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/27/2018  10:37 AM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Sometimes you have to tell someone to **** themselves in order for them to hear you. Case in point... as soon as I started cursing everyone got serious and in their feelings.

Yes I'm old school. You do not play guys that don't deserve it. If kids want to play they have to earn it. That's life....

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

3/27/2018  10:44 AM
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Sometimes you have to tell someone to **** themselves in order for them to hear you. Case in point... as soon as I started cursing everyone got serious and in their feelings.

Yes I'm old school. You do not play guys that don't deserve it. If kids want to play they have to earn it. That's life....

to be honest frank trey and mudiay are playing pretty equally and thats not a bad thing. We were never competing this year or next so i like to see the young kids play through mistakes. We agree frank has a ways to go but im happy with what ive seen lately. Seems more aggressive now then before. He is only 19 so he will get more comfortable with time
EnySpree

3/27/2018  10:49 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

to be honest frank trey and mudiay are playing pretty equally and thats not a bad thing. We were never competing this year or next so i like to see the young kids play through mistakes. We agree frank has a ways to go but im happy with what ive seen lately. Seems more aggressive now then before. He is only 19 so he will get more comfortable with time

Dude.... 42/12 is pretty much equal to what Frank is doing right? 12 pts and 4 assists with 52%fg and 38% from 3 in 19 minutes a game is equal to what Frank and Mudiay is doing? And people want tosay I'm being a wank or whatever else right?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
StarksEwing1

3/27/2018  10:56 AM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Dude.... 42/12 is pretty much equal to what Frank is doing right? 12 pts and 4 assists with 52%fg and 38% from 3 in 19 minutes a game is equal to what Frank and Mudiay is doing? And people want tosay I'm being a wank or whatever else right?

this is not frank vs burke dude. Truthfully i like both starting in the backcourt. I think frank looks better at the 2. I dont think you are a wank at all BUT i think you are going a little overboard against other posters. Fans have different opinions so just gotta respect that my man. I personally like Frank but i think you make some legit points about what he needs to work on
EnySpree

3/27/2018  11:12 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

this is not frank vs burke dude. Truthfully i like both starting in the backcourt. I think frank looks better at the 2. I dont think you are a wank at all BUT i think you are going a little overboard against other posters. Fans have different opinions so just gotta respect that my man. I personally like Frank but i think you make some legit points about what he needs to work on

I like Frank next to Burke too as the shooting guard....

But I can't say that because guys are here saying all kinds of stupid ****. I can't even get tothe point of praising or taking about Frank's potential... especially when guys are trying to say 2pts, 2 rebounds and 1 assist is better or the same as a guy dropping 42/12.... I really can't let that go

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/27/2018  11:15 AM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

But I can't say that because guys are here saying all kinds of stupid ****. I can't even get tothe point of praising or taking about Frank's potential... especially when guys are trying to say 2pts, 2 rebounds and 1 assist is better or the same as a guy dropping 42/12.... I really can't let that go

You don't have to let it go, cause no one is actually saying that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1

3/27/2018  11:16 AM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

of course you can say that. Even if fans different opinions that doesnt mean you fly off the handle. Its good that you have passion but you cant let it turn into anger,cursing,etc..
EnySpree

3/27/2018  11:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2018  11:23 AM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I wouldn't be complaining if they weren't saying that. I'm not making that up. Im checking guys as soon as they say it

StarksEwing1

3/27/2018  11:25 AM
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I wouldn't be complaining if this weren't saying that. I'm not making that up. Im checking guys as soon as they say it

i havent seen anybody say that. I see people defending frank and for good reason. Nobody is saying he is going to be a all star or even a starter right away but the kid has shown some good flashes along with bumps in the road which is expected for one of the younger players in the league who was raw Coming into his rookie year
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/27/2018  11:27 AM
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I wouldn't be complaining if they weren't saying that. I'm not making that up. Im checking guys as soon as they say it

Who is saying that? I personally think Burke has been great, and definitely playing better than Frank. Frank is a good defensive player who is bad on offense. He has a long way to go, but has impressed me with his defensive impact. Burke isn't a good defensive player but is working hard on that end, as well as rounding out his PG skills, to go along with his scoring ability.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/27/2018  12:11 PM
Old school? Remember when Bill Bradley came back from england and started at the 2?
and Sucked? He got minutes. Cazzie Russell a high volume shooter with bad knees and a high all american blue chipper out of college was incensed!!!
Not until Bradley got moved to the 3 and other changes happend did he find his stride and got his HOF career back on track.
What none of us can see is the finished product that is Frank.
About the dumbest thing is the labeling of him "a triangle player" and some how that he is tainted because Phil/gaines drafted him.
If PHil was coaching and drafted him is that a bad thing? You know, the guy that won more rings than any body else, took 25 year old Jordan and turned him from high volume scorer into a god? The guy that took abstinent Kobe and turned him into GOAT.2? If pop drafted Frank he would not play as much BECAUSE THEY ARE A PLAYOFF TEAM. But ya'll be salavating.
If we took Mitchell, maybe we finish 12th, 13, 14th and draft worse? KP still goes down.
ANd maybe in two years Frank is 6-8, 21 years old, and big problem is finding minutes for Bridges because Frank is a lock down force avg. 17-5 and team enroute to playoffs!!!!
Use your imagination.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/27/2018  12:37 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Your patience is saintly my friend.

I have been here a long time, so i have seen it all. Obviously rebuilding is going to take it's toll on many. Especially when a guy isn't a star on both ends of the floor in his rookie season!

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0

USA
REALLY long dude!

17 years and not a single ALBA post?!?

WTF?

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/27/2018  12:40 PM
Nalod wrote:Old school? Remember when Bill Bradley came back from england and started at the 2?
and Sucked? He got minutes. Cazzie Russell a high volume shooter with bad knees and a high all american blue chipper out of college was incensed!!!
Not until Bradley got moved to the 3 and other changes happend did he find his stride and got his HOF career back on track.
About the dumbest thing is the labeling of him "a triangle player" and some how that he is tainted because Phil/gaines drafted him.
If PHil was coaching and drafted him is that a bad thing? You know, the guy that won more rings than any body else, took 25 year old Jordan and turned him from high volume scorer into a god? The guy that took abstinent Kobe and turned him into GOAT.2? If pop drafted Frank he would not play as much BECAUSE THEY ARE A PLAYOFF TEAM. But ya'll be salavating.
If we took Mitchell, maybe we finish 12th, 13, 14th and draft worse? KP still goes down.
ANd maybe in two years Frank is 6-8, 21 years old, and big problem is finding minutes for Bridges because Frank is a lock down force avg. 17-5 and team enroute to playoffs!!!!
Use your imagination.

And now...more wisdom from NALOD. Thanks. And exactly right.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/27/2018  12:53 PM
there's no way in hell you can have a 2g (aka shooting guard) that doesn't shoot, and when he does it's below 35%. That's like playing a guy at center who can't rebound or block shots.

The only position for frank is the bench until he gets better and you can IDENTIFY a role for him.

1)not good enough to play point
2)doesn't shoot enough to play off guard
3)not strong enough to play SF

I actually think he can become a solid sf than any other position

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/27/2018  12:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:there's no way in hell you can have a 2g (aka shooting guard) that doesn't shoot, and when he does it's below 35%. That's like playing a guy at center who can't rebound or block shots.

The only position for frank is the bench until he gets better and you can IDENTIFY a role for him.

Are you James Dolan?

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
Knixkik
USA
3/27/2018  1:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:there's no way in hell you can have a 2g (aka shooting guard) that doesn't shoot, and when he does it's below 35%. That's like playing a guy at center who can't rebound or block shots.

See: Andre Roberson. Or Tony Allen. There's a ton of really good defensive SGs would aren't shooters. It's a moot point though, because Frank isn't a non-shooter. He can make open threes, and his percentage will improve year over year.

Knixkik
USA
3/27/2018  1:09 PM
Moonangie wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Your patience is saintly my friend.

I have been here a long time, so i have seen it all. Obviously rebuilding is going to take it's toll on many. Especially when a guy isn't a star on both ends of the floor in his rookie season!

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0

USA
REALLY long dude!

17 years and not a single ALBA post?!?

WTF?

Not sure how that happened!
EnySpree

3/27/2018  1:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2018  1:12 PM
Nalod wrote:Old school? Remember when Bill Bradley came back from england and started at the 2?
Use your imagination.

Frank isn't a finished product... duh.... but using the legend bill Bradley to compare to a nobody like Frank is blasphemous. I don't care the point you are trying to make. You just don't do that and that's the problem going on in here. Use a different example.

Anyway, Frank is young and full of potential. I agree!!!!... but just like Bill Bradley sucked when he got to nba....FRANK SUCKS TOO!!!!! It doesn't mean Frank won't be a good player. He might.... but right now and all year he's been a bum! Cut the bull****

Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy