Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Your patience is saintly my friend.

I have been here a long time, so i have seen it all. Obviously rebuilding is going to take it's toll on many. Especially when a guy isn't a star on both ends of the floor in his rookie season!

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11

USA
REALLY long dude!

Exactly the reason I'm off the deep end with this. We're supposed to be superfans and we're going blow smoke up Frank's ass because of what he can do in a year or two? We're going to desecrate the 90s Knicks because a 19 year old kid from France might be able to play defense (yes someone said elite and Frank in the same sentence in this thread).... it's pathetic. Almost 17 years posting here and this is what we are now? I been posting here along time... this is terrible. I can point to a few timesthe last few seasons where you guys have really went on a tangent when it comes to basic fandom. This Frank stuff got me seriously aggravated

There's no "might." Dudes who follow the NBA on a local and national basis have raved about Frank's D. We're rebuilding and part of that includes sitting through a player's growing pains. Why should Frank stuff get you aggravated. You're a fan of the team. If Frank improves the team improves. He has A LOT to work on offensively, but we're seeing flashes. IMHO, the biggest concern was of he could keep up athletically and he has. Like I said, if he's still playing at this level in his third season, the we'll turn on him too.

My whole thing is.... I like the kid. I see the potential like everyone else.... but you aren't going to tell me a guy putting up 2 pts 2 rebounds and 1 assist had a better game than a guy that scored 19 and another guy that flirted with a triple double in the same 21 minutes. No way... right now Frank is terrible. Nothing wrong with that because it's not his time yet... but don't tellme he'sso good right now when he's literally garbage right now.

When i'm referring to the type of year Frank is having, i'm not talking about last game or whatever. I think his past 5 games he's averaged 8 pts, 3 rebs, 3 asts. Not great, but not terrible. But in the 17 years i have been here, i have seen countless players come to NY who can score points in a hurry, but don't help the team win. Here is a guy who, as a rookie, can't score, but can impact the game without scoring. In terms of projecting what he might grow into, i can be happy with what he is doing now.

Here you go....

That horrible game Frank had isn't an isolated incident. You want to talk about 5 games of mediocre play to show how Frank is playing well... well i can point to 66 games where he looked like a piece of ****!

Impact the game without scoring? Cool.... but where else is he impacting? That pisses me off too. Who the **** is talking about his scoring? He's not rebounding, passing, blocking, stealing... he's not doing **** out there! Spare me this garbage man.

So why is the team 5 points per 100 possessions better with him on the floor? Why do we go from 29th to 13th defensively? Coincidence? You asked for scoring, here you go, he's putting up points tonight. Hope this satisfies the stat-chasers. If you think he looked like a POS 66 games, you either aren't watching or don't understand what defensive impact looks like. To you he needs to score 10+ points and have 5+ assists or whatever to be considered having a good game. How naive that is.

I never said **** about scoring *******! Stat chaser my ass. Go **** yourself with that stupid ****. So just going out there while everyone else is playing well while you do nothing says thatyou are a good player? Fuck you dude. Fuuuuuuuck you!

We are just talking basketball, and disagree about a player. Read what you are saying here. My personal opinion is that you are a stat-follower who doesn't understand how players impact a game. You think stats equals wins. Again, just my opinion, but i won't follow suit and be direspectful. I have been here for 17 years talking basketball without saying the type of stuff you are right now. Quite a disgrace. Save that nonsense for another conversation. This stuff really isn't that serious you know. Go get some stress relief somewhere.

My opinion is fuuuuuuuck you... because I'm not talking about stats. Frank sucks.... the fact that he doesn't have stats proves that.... but you wanna saythe fact he doesn't have stats shows how great he is. So fuuuuuuuck you. This is the first time in the history of basketball that anyone hasever said this that don't contribute to games are better than guysthat actually do. Save that bull****

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
USA
3/26/2018  10:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2018  10:11 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I have been here a long time, so i have seen it all. Obviously rebuilding is going to take it's toll on many. Especially when a guy isn't a star on both ends of the floor in his rookie season!

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Exactly the reason I'm off the deep end with this. We're supposed to be superfans and we're going blow smoke up Frank's ass because of what he can do in a year or two? We're going to desecrate the 90s Knicks because a 19 year old kid from France might be able to play defense (yes someone said elite and Frank in the same sentence in this thread).... it's pathetic. Almost 17 years posting here and this is what we are now? I been posting here along time... this is terrible. I can point to a few timesthe last few seasons where you guys have really went on a tangent when it comes to basic fandom. This Frank stuff got me seriously aggravated

There's no "might." Dudes who follow the NBA on a local and national basis have raved about Frank's D. We're rebuilding and part of that includes sitting through a player's growing pains. Why should Frank stuff get you aggravated. You're a fan of the team. If Frank improves the team improves. He has A LOT to work on offensively, but we're seeing flashes. IMHO, the biggest concern was of he could keep up athletically and he has. Like I said, if he's still playing at this level in his third season, the we'll turn on him too.

My whole thing is.... I like the kid. I see the potential like everyone else.... but you aren't going to tell me a guy putting up 2 pts 2 rebounds and 1 assist had a better game than a guy that scored 19 and another guy that flirted with a triple double in the same 21 minutes. No way... right now Frank is terrible. Nothing wrong with that because it's not his time yet... but don't tellme he'sso good right now when he's literally garbage right now.

When i'm referring to the type of year Frank is having, i'm not talking about last game or whatever. I think his past 5 games he's averaged 8 pts, 3 rebs, 3 asts. Not great, but not terrible. But in the 17 years i have been here, i have seen countless players come to NY who can score points in a hurry, but don't help the team win. Here is a guy who, as a rookie, can't score, but can impact the game without scoring. In terms of projecting what he might grow into, i can be happy with what he is doing now.

Here you go....

That horrible game Frank had isn't an isolated incident. You want to talk about 5 games of mediocre play to show how Frank is playing well... well i can point to 66 games where he looked like a piece of ****!

Impact the game without scoring? Cool.... but where else is he impacting? That pisses me off too. Who the **** is talking about his scoring? He's not rebounding, passing, blocking, stealing... he's not doing **** out there! Spare me this garbage man.

So why is the team 5 points per 100 possessions better with him on the floor? Why do we go from 29th to 13th defensively? Coincidence? You asked for scoring, here you go, he's putting up points tonight. Hope this satisfies the stat-chasers. If you think he looked like a POS 66 games, you either aren't watching or don't understand what defensive impact looks like. To you he needs to score 10+ points and have 5+ assists or whatever to be considered having a good game. How naive that is.

I never said **** about scoring *******! Stat chaser my ass. Go **** yourself with that stupid ****. So just going out there while everyone else is playing well while you do nothing says thatyou are a good player? Fuck you dude. Fuuuuuuuck you!

We are just talking basketball, and disagree about a player. Read what you are saying here. My personal opinion is that you are a stat-follower who doesn't understand how players impact a game. You think stats equals wins. Again, just my opinion, but i won't follow suit and be direspectful. I have been here for 17 years talking basketball without saying the type of stuff you are right now. Quite a disgrace. Save that nonsense for another conversation. This stuff really isn't that serious you know. Go get some stress relief somewhere.

My opinion is fuuuuuuuck you... because I'm not talking about stats. Frank sucks.... the fact that he doesn't have stats proves that.... but you wanna saythe fact he doesn't have stats shows how great he is. So fuuuuuuuck you. This is the first time in the history of basketball that anyone hasever said this that don't contribute to games are better than guysthat actually do. Save that bull****

Sorry man, can't have a basketball conversation with stuff like this. Godspeed.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/26/2018  10:10 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Again I'm so sorry.... I been trying not to be disrespectful.... but you guys are crossing all type of lines here over this Frank kid.

Scoring 42 and 12 is worth less than a guy that only shows up in plus and minus stats. Fuuuuuuuck this man

How old are you? My guess is not in your 20s at least. You are being disrespectful. So you are a fan boy of Burke because of his performance, believe me so am I. But you have a problem with other fan boys of Frank because they see something you don't? I dont see them coming at you with the **** this **** that.

People really need to do some self policing on here, you cant expect mods to give up their personal lives and "reprimand" every trashy post.

The mods need to police you stupid fans. I'm not a Burke fanboy. I'm a Knicks fan. I don't care about anything but the team. I use curse words and you guys get bent out of shape..... all the cheating I'm doing is nothing in compared to the blasphemy going on in here. Disrespecting our franchise... the 90s Knicks and the hard work of other players just to praise one player that only shows up in plus and minus. I'm ashamed of all of you.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/26/2018  10:11 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

you need to step away from the keyboard for a few days. not sure how this is something you should be allowed to get away with. you are turning this board into trash with each post's langugage now.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
EnySpree

3/26/2018  10:13 PM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

Sorry man, can't have a basketball conversation with stuff like this. Godspeed.

You not even talking basketball. You can only talk basketball if this are playing basketball. You wanna praise guy for not even contributing. God speed? Don't use the lord name in vein to make a cool exit. Corny mofo

EnySpree

3/26/2018  10:21 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

you need to step away from the keyboard for a few days. not sure how this is something you should be allowed to get away with. you are turning this board into trash with each post's langugage now.

This forum is trash because of posters like you. This used to be a great forum. You guys are a bunch of bitches. It's not about disagreeing. It's about idol worship. This is a Knicks site not a Frank site. A stat follower?.... gtfoh. So that makes you a non stat follower? I never talk about stats when it's comes to Frank. He can't dribble or drive. He's afraid to be aggresive.... I never talk about his stats. I think he's better than Dennis Smith too.... but I'm not going talk about howgreat he is when he has no proof that he impacts the game other than +/-

I expect Martin to ban me. I'll gladly except it because even he has been tainted by the stuff goingon in here. We didn't even have a game thread the other day.... sad shot going on in here. 15 years of posting and this is where we are? Garbage!

Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/26/2018  10:30 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

This forum is trash because of posters like you. This used to be a great forum. You guys are a bunch of bitches. It's not about disagreeing. It's about idol worship. This is a Knicks site not a Frank site. A stat follower?.... gtfoh. So that makes you a non stat follower? I never talk about stats when it's comes to Frank. He can't dribble or drive. He's afraid to be aggresive.... I never talk about his stats. I think he's better than Dennis Smith too.... but I'm not going talk about howgreat he is when he has no proof that he impacts the game other than +/-

I expect Martin to ban me. I'll gladly except it because even he has been tainted by the stuff goingon in here. We didn't even have a game thread the other day.... sad shot going on in here. 15 years of posting and this is where we are? Garbage!

do you want a medal for your 15 years of posting? times change. cultures evolve, so did this forum. again i never talked about the bold part, i simply said that you are trashing this forum with your language.

dk7 and tkf were not better or worse than your behavior right now. We didn't have a game thread the other day, because no one created one. Why weren't you around to create it? It's easy to complain about why a game thread wasn't created...what did you do about it?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
EnySpree

3/26/2018  10:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2018  10:45 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

do you want a medal for your 15 years of posting? times change. cultures evolve, so did this forum. again i never talked about the bold part, i simply said that you are trashing this forum with your language.

dk7 and tkf were not better or worse than your behavior right now. We didn't have a game thread the other day, because no one created one. Why weren't you around to create it? It's easy to complain about why a game thread wasn't created...what did you do about it?

It's not about recognition. I don't have to explain or go into that with you. This is about fandom. The brotherhood here. The real basketball talk. Developing friendships... shooting the ****.

I met Martin's parents dude so save that bull****. I been to Montreal with him and 2 other guys to see a Knicks game in real life. You don't know what you are talking about when it comes to this forum. Met a lot of great guys here. Real fans that get it. Real fans that feel it like I feel it. Only Fishmike is here from that group. It's different here now. This is me standing up for what's real.

When Martin sees this I'm for sure getting banned. I'm cool with it.

Knixkik
USA
3/26/2018  10:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2018  10:59 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

It's not about recognition. I don't have to explain or go into that with you. This is about fandom. The brotherhood here. The real basketball talk. Developing friendships... shooting the ****.

I met Martin's parents dude so save that bull****. I been to Montreal with him and 2 other guys to see a Knicks game in real life. You don't know what you are talking about when it comes to this forum. Met a lot of great guys here. Real fans that get it. Real fans that feel it like I feel it. Only Fishmike is here from that group. It's different here now. This is me standing up for what's real.

He shouldn't have to ban you. You should just respect the fact that not everyone has the same views as you. I have grown up on this board. I started posting here in 2001, i was 14 years old. I have posted here consistently since then (with exception of the 4 years i played ball in college.) Since i have been here, the game has changed, advanced metrics have been introduced, players are stylistically different, and my opinions of how this team should be build has changed many times over. This board hasn't changed. Still good people talking basketball. Try to keep things in perspective. This stuff really isn't that big of a deal. Knicks aren't any different because of our opinions here.

EnySpree

3/26/2018  11:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2018  11:12 PM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

He shouldn't have to ban you. You should just respect the fact that not everyone has the same views as you. I have grown up on this board. I started posting here in 2001, i was 14 years old. I have posted here consistently since then (with exception of the 4 years i played ball in college.) Since i have been here, the game has changed, advanced metrics have been introduced, players are stylistically different, and my opinions of how this team should be build has changed many times over. This board hasn't changed. Still good people talking basketball. Try to keep things in perspective. This stuff really isn't that big of a deal. Knicks aren't any different because of our opinions here.

It's not about difference of opinion because I believe in Frank.... I don't knowhow much I need to say that. It's the fact guys here keep saying he's better than he's actually playing. You can't say a guy with zero stats to speak for it is better than guys actually sweating out their uniforms playing hard. Frank is not there. He will be buthe isn't the yet. Don't tell me I'm a stat chaser and expect me not to flame out like this. That's worse than any curse I could type. Up until today i wasn't going off the two end about it.... but even with Burke dropping 40/12 his are like did he play good.... oh he just took 30 shots.... Frank has elite defense. Yeah ok... but its me being disrespectful cuz I type a few curse words

Knixkik
USA
3/26/2018  11:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

It's not about difference of opinion because I believe in Frank.... I don't knowhow much I need to say that. It's the fact guys here keep saying he's better than he's actually playing. You can't say a guy with zero stats to speak for it is better than guys actually sweating out their uniforms playing hard. Frank is not there. He will be buthe isn't the yet. Don't tell me I'm a stat chaser and expect me not to flame out like this. That's worse than any curse I could type. Up until today i wasn't going off the two end about it.... but even with Burke dropping 40/12 his are like did he play good.... oh he just took 30 shots.... Frank has elite defense. Yeah ok... but its me being disrespectful cuz I type a few curse words

I think we agree more than we realize. Yes Frank is not there yet, he has a long way to go. I don't like when guys just say he sucks, when there is evidence to the contrary. But he is not there yet. Burke is great. He is our best PG right now. You definitely won't find me bad-talking Burke anywhere. I have high hopes for both of them moving forward.

EnySpree

3/26/2018  11:39 PM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

I think we agree more than we realize. Yes Frank is not there yet, he has a long way to go. I don't like when guys just say he sucks, when there is evidence to the contrary. But he is not there yet. Burke is great. He is our best PG right now. You definitely won't find me bad-talking Burke anywhere. I have high hopes for both of them moving forward.

I been trying to say that in this thread.... we do agree about Frank. What's real is 71 games in and Frank is nothing but a g league player. He should have went down there a few times. Burke was there.... in his first start he drops 42/12... the Frank conversation should be over. Burke has proved it time and time again that he should be starting. He had to drop 42/12 just for guys to say "how did he look".... That's ridiculous.... Trey Burke went out and took the starting spot. It should be his outright... Frank now should be out the mix. Frank has to prove now that he's worth keeping here. Otherwise he's a trade chip. No way should Burke lose minutes to any point guard we have. Guys need to be rewarded for actually playing well.... then from there we build the team. Not the other way around. That's why Willy is gone for thinking he was entitled to minutes. It's about the Knicks only. The team.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
3/27/2018  5:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2018  5:43 AM
One problem here is that it's really gotten personal with Frank here. If you point to any of his deficiencies it's implied by a cadre of posters that you are somehow less sophisticated or ignorant. One guy seems to only post that people who aren't 100% enamored with Frank only can see scoring and dunks. Ad hominem attacks while proven to be effective in swaying soctators are the lowest form of argument.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/27/2018  8:23 AM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

How contradictive is that, your going to boast about a players plus minus stat to convince some one of his worth, then criticize some else for using other stats to measure his impact.

In any sport the basic stats are the first you see because they matter the most. In the NBA, Points, assists, rebound, steals, blocks come before plus minus.

doesn't matter that we are a little better defensively with frank on the floor if we are 10x worst offensively with him.

ES
Knixkik
USA
3/27/2018  9:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2018  9:03 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Knixkik

USA
REALLY long dude!

Here you go....

How contradictive is that, your going to boast about a players plus minus stat to convince some one of his worth, then criticize some else for using other stats to measure his impact.

In any sport the basic stats are the first you see because they matter the most. In the NBA, Points, assists, rebound, steals, blocks come before plus minus.

doesn't matter that we are a little better defensively with frank on the floor if we are 10x worst offensively with him.

We go from 29th to 13th defensively. That's not a little better, that's A LOT better defensively. Don't under-sell it and exaggerate. How much worse are we offensively with him on the floor?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/27/2018  9:15 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:One problem here is that it's really gotten personal with Frank here. If you point to any of his deficiencies it's implied by a cadre of posters that you are somehow less sophisticated or ignorant. One guy seems to only post that people who aren't 100% enamored with Frank only can see scoring and dunks. Ad hominem attacks while proven to be effective in swaying soctators are the lowest form of argument.
Because we dont develop players, guys really only follow the Knicks and so they dont understand this process. It is a very tough league. Frank is a very young player. There are so many players that take lumps and look bad before they look good. We have not seen that process so we (as a fan base) dont get it. Look at Draymond Green's first couple of years. Look at Kris Dunn last year.

If next year Frank averages 9ppg and shoots 40% he will be as good has James Harden at the same age. Go take a look at Kyle Lowry's first 2 years. Go look at Goran Dragic's first couple years. There are so many guys that struggle early, especially right out of the gate.

It would be nice if Frank busted out of the gate like Lilliard but he hasnt.

Of the guards we were looking at we whiffed missing on Mitchell. However I would take Frank over Smith or Monk. Trey Burke just dropped 40 coming out of the G league. You can get little shifty scorers. They are everywhere. You cant get long guys who defend multiple positions and make others better. Those are worth drafting and developing. I think Frank will change some tunes in upcoming years.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree

3/27/2018  9:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2018  9:53 AM
fishmike wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:One problem here is that it's really gotten personal with Frank here. If you point to any of his deficiencies it's implied by a cadre of posters that you are somehow less sophisticated or ignorant. One guy seems to only post that people who aren't 100% enamored with Frank only can see scoring and dunks. Ad hominem attacks while proven to be effective in swaying soctators are the lowest form of argument.
Because we dont develop players, guys really only follow the Knicks and so they dont understand this process. It is a very tough league. Frank is a very young player. There are so many players that take lumps and look bad before they look good. We have not seen that process so we (as a fan base) dont get it. Look at Draymond Green's first couple of years. Look at Kris Dunn last year.

If next year Frank averages 9ppg and shoots 40% he will be as good has James Harden at the same age. Go take a look at Kyle Lowry's first 2 years. Go look at Goran Dragic's first couple years. There are so many guys that struggle early, especially right out of the gate.

Of the guards we were looking at we whiffed missing on Mitchell. However I would take Frank over Smith or Monk. Trey Burke just dropped 40 coming out of the G league. You can get little shifty scorers. They are everywhere. You cant get long guys who defend multiple positions and make others better. Those are worth drafting and developing. I think Frank will change some tunes in upcoming years.

Thing is Frank is young and has a lot to learn and develop.... we should be treating him like everyone of our other rookies. Back and forth to the g league trying to build up confidence in the player. Baker, Dotson, Trey, Kornet, Hicks.... they all went down there. Frank should have wen't down there too. He has basketball issues that need tobe ironed out. That's how you develop a kid.

I get bent out of shape because I believe guys should play if they deserve to play. That's why I wanted Willy gone. Frank has shown flashes but not enough to warrant starting or getting 20 plus minutes every night over Burke and Mudiay. It's blasphemous. Burke earned his starting spot the first week he got called up. It's a shame he has to go full Marbury (yeah I said it) in order to get people to acknowledge his play.

Nobody is saying trade Frank.... but the kid hasn't shown he's worth the minutes he's getting today. He's day is not here yet. He had to prove he can contribute. Right now... Burke should be our point guard... Tim Hardaway is our shooting guard. Frank has to battle Mudiay and Dotson now. If he wants to start... he has to outplay Burke.... good luck

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/27/2018  10:05 AM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Thing is Frank is young and has a lot to learn and develop.... we should be treating him like everyone of our other rookies. Back and forth to the g league trying to build up confidence in the player. Baker, Dotson, Trey, Kornet, Hicks.... they all went down there. Frank should have wen't down there too. He has basketball issues that need tobe ironed out. That's how you develop a kid.

I get bent out of shape because I believe guys should play if they deserve to play. That's why I wanted Willy gone. Frank has shown flashes but not enough to warrant starting or getting 20 plus minutes every night over Burke and Mudiay. It's blasphemous. Burke earned his starting spot the first week he got called up. It's a shame he has to go full Marbury (yeah I said it) in order to get people to acknowledge his play.

Nobody is saying trade Frank.... but the kid hasn't shown he's worth the minutes he's getting today. He's day is not here yet. He had to prove he can contribute. Right now... Burke should be our point guard... Tim Hardaway is our shooting guard. Frank has to battle Mudiay and Dotson now. If he wants to start... he has to outplay Burke.... good luck

the bold.. its not. He's a lottery pick so the Knicks have more commitment to him. Also earlier in the year his defense was changing games and helping us win. Most lottery picks do not go to the G league. They take their lumps in the NBA. If their play hurts the team that is often OK as that team is not ready anyway.

You are right in that Frank is not ready, and he is certainly a 1-way player, but defense has been the Knick's biggest problem for a decade plus. Burke and Mudiay fringe guys the KNicks are looking at. Frank is a lottery pick. Its just not the same set of rules... fair or not.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/27/2018  10:07 AM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

You have the very old school philosophy of player's earning minutes, it's not the only way and obviously not the way the Knicks choose to use Frank. Quite Frankly, that's a playoff team - only play guys who earn minutes - not a team of young guys who will make mistakes and need minutes.

Frank is not getting 20 minutes OVER Mudiay and Burke. Frank is averaging 21, Burke 19, Mudiay 23.

And lighten up on the swearing man, more fiber in your diet or something, make those bathroom runs easier

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/27/2018  10:09 AM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He should be getting garbage minutes, im just not sure who's pushing to play him, Mills or JH. If I to take a guess, It's MILLS, considering he scouted him the most, refuse to trade him for anyone, and confirm that he would have taken him regardless of Phil Jacksons TRIANGLE.

That's his pick, his baby, and the only person he would probably give him up for is that guy name Labron

ES
Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy