Frank the Blank
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/26/2018  9:33 AM
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:another 2 point night shooting 16%. He looked better 71 games ago

Yea but his defense was top notch/elite... Jeff needs to make frank a bigger part of the offense he just missed his open looks tonight, wish he got the ball more frequently on O so he’s in the flow and not stiffly taking a few jumpers through out a long game, never in rhythm. Coach has to do a better job of getting him involved. He seems like a passive teenager.

Knicks1248 has been a troll about Frank for quite some time, and literally only cares about scoring averages. He ignores any metrics which show his value on the floor, because he's not scoring a ton of points. Don't even bother trying to point these things out to him. When he says he looked better 71 games ago, it shows he has no interest in his defensive ability or any other aspect of his game besides scoring and shooting percentages. Otherwise he would realize what a ridiculous statement he made. Such is life, can't please them all.

zero blocks, zero steals, zero deflection, and just 2 points..if burke had those type #s you guys would be killing him, and perry for believing in him

Believe it or not I really like frank, just not on this team currently constructed.

I'm only interested in the end result, you can talk about his defense all day, if it doesn't result in a W, then what's the point. What's the point of making 20 stops, and missing 20 shots.

You can sit up there and criticize a player who only scores (like melo, like amare) I mean hammer them for poor defensive effort, and take a complete blind eye to another players horrendous offense.

It's like saying in 2004, no worries, melos defense will get better he's only 20. But did it ever get much better.

Put frank on the spurs/GSW/Portalnd/ and he fits perfect, not on a knick team that as unbalance as a broken scale.

ES
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/26/2018  9:40 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:another 2 point night shooting 16%. He looked better 71 games ago

Yea but his defense was top notch/elite... Jeff needs to make frank a bigger part of the offense he just missed his open looks tonight, wish he got the ball more frequently on O so he’s in the flow and not stiffly taking a few jumpers through out a long game, never in rhythm. Coach has to do a better job of getting him involved. He seems like a passive teenager.

yea its funny... you can tell who watches. When I saw he was starting I tuned it. He locked down Porter early. He defends everyone well. He was on Gortat for a switch and challenged him into a bad jumper.

Frank's offense (obviously) needs work but his defense is straight up impact. 19 year old, never lifted weights and he's playing great defense. Funny how knicks1248 cries we need a guy like Mark Jackson to "instill defensive toughness." Meanwhile we have a prospect on the team who could be one of the league's best but dummies cant see the value of having him here and developing him. Typical.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/26/2018  10:18 AM
fishmike wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

yea its funny... you can tell who watches. When I saw he was starting I tuned it. He locked down Porter early. He defends everyone well. He was on Gortat for a switch and challenged him into a bad jumper.

Frank's offense (obviously) needs work but his defense is straight up impact. 19 year old, never lifted weights and he's playing great defense. Funny how knicks1248 cries we need a guy like Mark Jackson to "instill defensive toughness." Meanwhile we have a prospect on the team who could be one of the league's best but dummies cant see the value of having him here and developing him. Typical.

Agreed. He is a very good "Role" player. Great for spurts off the bench to be a stopper. Don't think anyone is questioning his defense. Just the fact that he has proven to be a solid starter on a good tean or a great 8th pick.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/26/2018  10:21 AM
EnySpree wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

I'm so sick of reading posts like this....

Frank played like **** again but we're gonna talk about his "elite defense" and complain that Frank isn't more involved in the offense....

Frank is not the only player in the team! We are not catering to him.... as it is we're forcing him into minutes he doesn't deserve. So now we need to run plays specifically just to get him shots? Gtfoh!

I bet we're gonna say Mudiay was terrible tonight too right? That 11pt, 7 assist, 6 rebound might was terrible... but in the same 21 minutes Frank got 2pts 2 rebounds and 1 assist.... zero steals and blocks.... but Frank is elite right? Gtfoh!

It's consistency of effort. Even when Frank is a "blank," you'll still see the effort is there on D. My problem with Mudiay is that he goes out there and it looks like he's dogging it at times. Plus, one guy is a rookie a rookie and another guy is in his third year. Fans won't be as patient with Frank next year if he develops at Mudiay's pace.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/26/2018  10:22 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Knicks1248 has been a troll about Frank for quite some time, and literally only cares about scoring averages. He ignores any metrics which show his value on the floor, because he's not scoring a ton of points. Don't even bother trying to point these things out to him. When he says he looked better 71 games ago, it shows he has no interest in his defensive ability or any other aspect of his game besides scoring and shooting percentages. Otherwise he would realize what a ridiculous statement he made. Such is life, can't please them all.

zero blocks, zero steals, zero deflection, and just 2 points..if burke had those type #s you guys would be killing him, and perry for believing in him

Believe it or not I really like frank, just not on this team currently constructed.

I'm only interested in the end result, you can talk about his defense all day, if it doesn't result in a W, then what's the point. What's the point of making 20 stops, and missing 20 shots.

You can sit up there and criticize a player who only scores (like melo, like amare) I mean hammer them for poor defensive effort, and take a complete blind eye to another players horrendous offense.

It's like saying in 2004, no worries, melos defense will get better he's only 20. But did it ever get much better.

Put frank on the spurs/GSW/Portalnd/ and he fits perfect, not on a knick team that as unbalance as a broken scale.

Of course we would get on Burke for not putting up numbers because he is a scoring guard who struggles defensively. Why do you keep pointing out these basic stats? Impact on the game is what matters. We are a significantly better team with him on the floor. I have pointed out the numbers countless times to you. Stop looking at the basic stuff. Dig deeper, watch the games, stop staring at the box score to determine his value. He's having a solid year, all things considered. He has been a game-changer defensively and has had a much larger impact than Dennis Smith, for example.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/26/2018  10:43 AM
Seriously, anybody who watched this game would be praising Frank. He was outstanding. I was blown away when I saw he only played 20 minutes because he seemed to impact the game constantly. I think he got a little banged up in the 2nd half. He was everything I ever could beg for for a winning team and more. Get a grip statboys.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/26/2018  11:09 AM
Frank has been giving bigger guys like Porter and Wiggins a tough time! He’s doing it with a weak teenage body which is even more impressive. Look Nitty was ALWAYS going to need a full summer of PRO Training to build his strength and conditioning and continue to work on his skills. Unlike most of the NCAA kids Frank was still playing in France while they had more months of work in preparation for this season.
fishmike
USA
3/26/2018  11:09 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Agreed. He is a very good "Role" player. Great for spurts off the bench to be a stopper. Don't think anyone is questioning his defense. Just the fact that he has proven to be a solid starter on a good tean or a great 8th pick.

right... we wont know that right away. That how prospects work. Just like we wont know if Dennis Smith will ever do anything beside chuck shots at a sub 40% or be a turnstile on defense on a tanking team. I mean maybe he will, maybe he is what many were concerned he would be... a me first shot taker with health issues.

Being a very good role player at 19 from EU having never lifted weights speaks volumes of his talent.

When it comes to winning, Frank has "IT"

Is Draymond Green a "ROLE" player? I am ok with using a lottery pick on that caliber a player.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/26/2018  11:13 AM

Does your redundancy bore you at all?

fishmike
USA
3/26/2018  11:17 AM
Zebo13 wrote:Seriously, anybody who watched this game would be praising Frank. He was outstanding. I was blown away when I saw he only played 20 minutes because he seemed to impact the game constantly. I think he got a little banged up in the 2nd half. He was everything I ever could beg for for a winning team and more. Get a grip statboys.
people will hate because he's not their guy. When you see Frank last night the potential is so good and so high. People also dont see how he makes others better. Every time down the floor he was locking down Beal or Porter. His offense will come around. If he already had a mature offensive game he would have been a top 5 pick. In a couple years Frank will be one of the best players in draft class. He will be our Draymond Green. Last night you saw how good he looks when guys around him are playing better and he didnt even score. Just stay healthy!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/26/2018  11:34 AM
EnySpree wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Frank played like **** again but we're gonna talk about his "elite defense" and complain that Frank isn't more involved in the offense....

Frank is not the only player in the team! We are not catering to him.... as it is we're forcing him into minutes he doesn't deserve. So now we need to run plays specifically just to get him shots? Gtfoh!

I bet we're gonna say Mudiay was terrible tonight too right? That 11pt, 7 assist, 6 rebound might was terrible... but in the same 21 minutes Frank got 2pts 2 rebounds and 1 assist.... zero steals and blocks.... but Frank is elite right? Gtfoh!

Do you only watch one side of the ball? Must have hated the 90's Knicks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
3/26/2018  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2018  12:05 PM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

There is a serious disconnect on this forum with the difference between guys who put up empty stats, and guys who impact the game. Defensively, there will especially always be a disconnect because it's harder to follow a player's impact on the game defensively, or track his defensive impact statistically.

fishmike
USA
3/26/2018  12:55 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

There is a serious disconnect on this forum with the difference between guys who put up empty stats, and guys who impact the game. Defensively, there will especially always be a disconnect because it's harder to follow a player's impact on the game defensively, or track his defensive impact statistically.

that is part of it. Another part is Frank's offense is so bad its tough for some to look past. Frank's per 36 numbers are not terrible in terms of overall production, but his slash line is abysmal. I have said it many time and will keep saying it as its still true. This is what it looks like to let a 19 year old rookie take his lumps in the NBA.

Time will tell. I dont view a guy like Draymond Green a role player. I view him as a key component to what that team does. Frank will be that kind of player for us. Its gonna take time. Last night you saw how good Frank can be without scoring. When he does he's going to be a huge part of this turn around.

knicks1248
3/26/2018  1:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Of course we would get on Burke for not putting up numbers because he is a scoring guard who struggles defensively. Why do you keep pointing out these basic stats? Impact on the game is what matters. We are a significantly better team with him on the floor. I have pointed out the numbers countless times to you. Stop looking at the basic stuff. Dig deeper, watch the games, stop staring at the box score to determine his value. He's having a solid year, all things considered. He has been a game-changer defensively and has had a much larger impact than Dennis Smith, for example.

Your analysis is that of a HOMER, y'all talk about two way players except when it comes to frank.

All the points you have brought to peoples attention doesn't mean a thing because he doesn't balance it out. you cant be a great defender and a horrible offensive player, or visa versa.

I hope he gets better, but I know the only way that happens is if you put the right coach and players around him.

Before Mudiay and burke came along, frank played slow as fck like Jack, took the same bs midrange shots like jack, and walked the ball up court 99.9% of the time. Now I see him try and push, but like Shumpert (who's also known for defense) he runs full speed to 3 point line and then stops and defers.

you know what I see from frank, solid mam to man defense, but constantly leaves his man open for 3's.

He turns his back completely once his man is set up behind the arc, and focuses on the strong side of the ball and protecting the layup. I never ever see him communicate on defense, which is why they're are so many break downs on rotations. That's partly do to other players not doing that, and the defensive philosophy. That's why I said the coach and roster needs a major upgrade if he is going to get better sooner than later.

you just can't leave your man to help out without yelling out wtf your doing, that one breakdown will fck everything up

ES
fishmike
USA
3/26/2018  1:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Your analysis is that of a HOMER, y'all talk about two way players except when it comes to frank.

All the points you have brought to peoples attention doesn't mean a thing because he doesn't balance it out. you cant be a great defender and a horrible offensive player, or visa versa.

I hope he gets better, but I know the only way that happens is if you put the right coach and players around him.

Before Mudiay and burke came along, frank played slow as fck like Jack, took the same bs midrange shots like jack, and walked the ball up court 99.9% of the time. Now I see him try and push, but like Shumpert (who's also known for defense) he runs full speed to 3 point line and then stops and defers.

you know what I see from frank, solid mam to man defense, but constantly leaves his man open for 3's.

He turns his back completely once his man is set up behind the arc, and focuses on the strong side of the ball and protecting the layup. I never ever see him communicate on defense, which is why they're are so many break downs on rotations. That's partly do to other players not doing that, and the defensive philosophy. That's why I said the coach and roster needs a major upgrade if he is going to get better sooner than later.

you just can't leave your man to help out without yelling out wtf your doing, that one breakdown will fck everything up

Frank needs Mark Jackson!
knicks1248
3/26/2018  1:11 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

frank doesn't need jeff honacek or kurt rambis

ES
fishmike
USA
3/26/2018  2:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

frank doesn't need jeff honacek or kurt rambis

nobody would know that better than you
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/26/2018  2:46 PM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

2pts and 2 rebounds 1 assist in 21 minutes is a bum. Our 90s Knicks didn't have bums on the teamwho couldn't do anything but play defense. Starks filled up the sheet. Ward, charlie... Derek, Doc Rivers... all those guys. You not gonna sit here and desecrate the 90s Knicks just to big up some bum from France. I truly can't believe this is what we're talking about here.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/26/2018  2:55 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Shut up. Seriously.... harder to follow a player's defensive impact? Man **** you. Frank is a bum. You not gonna disrespect me or the Knicks talking that stupid ****. If this gets me banned so be it.

You guys aren't knick fans. Just a bunch of **** boys sucking french dick because you are butt hurt we haven't rebuilt in 30 years. You gonna tell me a guy that consistently drops horrible games 2pts, 2 rebounds and 1 assist in 21 minutes is an elite player? They are worth more than a guy that can drop 19pts or flirt with a triple double in the same 21 minutes? Shut the **** up ****ing clown! Suck my dick from the back!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
USA
3/26/2018  3:03 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Shut up. Seriously.... harder to follow a player's defensive impact? Man **** you. Frank is a bum. You not gonna disrespect me or the Knicks talking that stupid ****. If this gets me banned so be it.

You guys aren't knick fans. Just a bunch of **** boys sucking french dick because you are butt hurt we haven't rebuilt in 30 years. You gonna tell me a guy that consistently drops horrible games 2pts, 2 rebounds and 1 assist in 21 minutes is an elite player? They are worth more than a guy that can drop 19pts or flirt with a triple double in the same 21 minutes? Shut the **** up ****ing clown! Suck my dick from the back!

Lol you're taking this way too seriously, wow.

Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy