[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank the Blank
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Posts: 56586
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
3/2/2018  11:33 AM
Missed this the other day.
“We haven’t discussed any of that [summer] stuff,’’ Hornacek said. “We want to encourage them after the season to go back. It’s tough for a kid to leave home. He’s got to get home but he’ll be back a little bit. I’m sure we’ll have him back for the summer league.’’

https://nypost.com/2018/02/27/knicks-know-how-they-want-frank-ntilikina-to-spend-summer/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Posts: 34266
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

3/4/2018  10:19 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/knicks-giving-frank-ntilikina-extended-010059849.html

On the season, Ntilikina has taken 41 percent of his shot attempts as the pick-and-roll ball handler and shot just 38.6 percent on them. Add his passes out of the pick-and-roll into it and the Knicks score just 0.84 points per 100 possessions, well below the league average. It hasn’t worked and he’s shown some mild improvement but not much over the course of the season. (Stats via Synergy Sports)

However, Ntilikina has been reasonably good on spot-up looks, scoring almost a point per possession that way. He may fit more into the mold of the better modern two-guards — good spot-up shooters who can put the ball on the floor and create a little, and who are good defenders on the other end. Ntilikina is not there yet, he has a lot of development still to go, but that may be his path.

As they should do this time of year, the Knicks are trying to figure out what exactly they have in their lottery pick Ntilikina and where he fits in. If that helps improve their draft position, so be it, but this is what the Knicks should do at this point.

Zebo13
Posts: 20376
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/31/2017
Member: #6434
USA
3/6/2018  10:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/6/2018  10:40 AM
This SG time for Frank isn’t about his future position, it’s about getting him more reps driving and being aggressive and it’s working. Just my opinion. He got some run as primary handler and he looked great. I think he gets to start at PG before season is over.
Knixkik
Posts: 29483
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
3/6/2018  11:03 AM
Zebo13 wrote:This SG time for Frank isn’t about his future position, it’s about getting him more reps driving and being aggressive and it’s working. Just my opinion. He got some run as primary handler and he looked great. I think he gets to start at PG before season is over.

I agree.

CrushAlot
Posts: 56586
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
3/12/2018  3:41 PM
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Uptown
Posts: 26589
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

3/12/2018  4:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2018  4:11 PM
Zebo13 wrote:This SG time for Frank isn’t about his future position, it’s about getting him more reps driving and being aggressive and it’s working. Just my opinion. He got some run as primary handler and he looked great. I think he gets to start at PG before season is over.

He is the future pg until draft night and one of Sexton or Young are on the board when we pick. Then his future will be back up guard

fishmike
Posts: 48717
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
3/12/2018  4:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2018  4:39 PM
Uptown wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:This SG time for Frank isn’t about his future position, it’s about getting him more reps driving and being aggressive and it’s working. Just my opinion. He got some run as primary handler and he looked great. I think he gets to start at PG before season is over.

He is the future pg until draft night and one of Sexton or Young are on the board when we pick. Then his future will be back up guard

god I hope not. Nothing like 6 foot guards who cant guard and need to shoot the ball 25x to be effective. Ill take the Villanova kid over either of those two. We have Trey Burke already. People love to look for the next Steph Curry but neither of those guys shot anything like Curry did in college.

Also if we arent going to get a 2 way player or a guy with even 2-way potential can we at least get a winner? There's a lot more Brandon Jennings to those guys than Steph Curry but time will tell...

I would pass on those guys for the Nova kid... no brainer.

Knixkik
Posts: 29483
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
3/12/2018  4:37 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:This SG time for Frank isn’t about his future position, it’s about getting him more reps driving and being aggressive and it’s working. Just my opinion. He got some run as primary handler and he looked great. I think he gets to start at PG before season is over.

He is the future pg until draft night and one of Sexton or Young are on the board when we pick. Then his future will be back up guard

god I hope not. Nothing like 6 foot guards who cant guard and need to shoot the ball 25x to be effective. Ill take the Villanova kid over either of those two. We have Trey Burke already. People love to look for the next Steph Curry but neither of those guys shot anything like Curry did in college.

I like both guys for different reasons, but i agree, i think Bridges is probably a slightly better pick for us right now. Things can always change though between now and the draft.

fishmike
Posts: 48717
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
3/12/2018  4:44 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:This SG time for Frank isn’t about his future position, it’s about getting him more reps driving and being aggressive and it’s working. Just my opinion. He got some run as primary handler and he looked great. I think he gets to start at PG before season is over.

He is the future pg until draft night and one of Sexton or Young are on the board when we pick. Then his future will be back up guard

god I hope not. Nothing like 6 foot guards who cant guard and need to shoot the ball 25x to be effective. Ill take the Villanova kid over either of those two. We have Trey Burke already. People love to look for the next Steph Curry but neither of those guys shot anything like Curry did in college.

I like both guys for different reasons, but i agree, i think Bridges is probably a slightly better pick for us right now. Things can always change though between now and the draft.

winning program, winning player, NBA skill set, NBA athleticism and a ton of similar players with great success. How many guys like Trey Young or Sexton are actually good NBA players?
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25775
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

3/12/2018  4:47 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:This SG time for Frank isn’t about his future position, it’s about getting him more reps driving and being aggressive and it’s working. Just my opinion. He got some run as primary handler and he looked great. I think he gets to start at PG before season is over.

He is the future pg until draft night and one of Sexton or Young are on the board when we pick. Then his future will be back up guard

god I hope not. Nothing like 6 foot guards who cant guard and need to shoot the ball 25x to be effective. Ill take the Villanova kid over either of those two. We have Trey Burke already. People love to look for the next Steph Curry but neither of those guys shot anything like Curry did in college.

I like both guys for different reasons, but i agree, i think Bridges is probably a slightly better pick for us right now. Things can always change though between now and the draft.

I agree about Bridges. Looking forward to all the "Brickal" threads we get from impatient fans next year. I wouldn't mind any of the second tier bigs like carter or Jackson, if we're ever so lucky to be in a position to grab them.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Posts: 48717
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
3/12/2018  4:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:This SG time for Frank isn’t about his future position, it’s about getting him more reps driving and being aggressive and it’s working. Just my opinion. He got some run as primary handler and he looked great. I think he gets to start at PG before season is over.

He is the future pg until draft night and one of Sexton or Young are on the board when we pick. Then his future will be back up guard

god I hope not. Nothing like 6 foot guards who cant guard and need to shoot the ball 25x to be effective. Ill take the Villanova kid over either of those two. We have Trey Burke already. People love to look for the next Steph Curry but neither of those guys shot anything like Curry did in college.

I like both guys for different reasons, but i agree, i think Bridges is probably a slightly better pick for us right now. Things can always change though between now and the draft.

I agree about Bridges. Looking forward to all the "Brickal" threads we get from impatient fans next year. I wouldn't mind any of the second tier bigs like carter or Jackson, if we're ever so lucky to be in a position to grab them.

I dont think Carter is a 2nd tier big... A step down from Ayton (everyone is right?) but Carter looks like a great fit up front next to KP potentially.
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25775
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

3/12/2018  6:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:This SG time for Frank isn’t about his future position, it’s about getting him more reps driving and being aggressive and it’s working. Just my opinion. He got some run as primary handler and he looked great. I think he gets to start at PG before season is over.

He is the future pg until draft night and one of Sexton or Young are on the board when we pick. Then his future will be back up guard

god I hope not. Nothing like 6 foot guards who cant guard and need to shoot the ball 25x to be effective. Ill take the Villanova kid over either of those two. We have Trey Burke already. People love to look for the next Steph Curry but neither of those guys shot anything like Curry did in college.

I like both guys for different reasons, but i agree, i think Bridges is probably a slightly better pick for us right now. Things can always change though between now and the draft.

I agree about Bridges. Looking forward to all the "Brickal" threads we get from impatient fans next year. I wouldn't mind any of the second tier bigs like carter or Jackson, if we're ever so lucky to be in a position to grab them.

I dont think Carter is a 2nd tier big... A step down from Ayton (everyone is right?) but Carter looks like a great fit up front next to KP potentially.

That's what I mean by second tier. He's a good player, but most people agree that Ayton, by first tier, I'm referring to guys who have to the potential to be the best player on a championship squad. Second tier guys are guys who can be valuable players, whther as starters or sixth man, on contending teams. I think Ayton is first tier. Doncic could be. I think Jackson, Bagley, Carter etc. are a clear tier below. But we won't know until years down the line.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Posts: 26589
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

3/12/2018  6:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2018  6:29 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:This SG time for Frank isn’t about his future position, it’s about getting him more reps driving and being aggressive and it’s working. Just my opinion. He got some run as primary handler and he looked great. I think he gets to start at PG before season is over.

He is the future pg until draft night and one of Sexton or Young are on the board when we pick. Then his future will be back up guard

god I hope not. Nothing like 6 foot guards who cant guard and need to shoot the ball 25x to be effective. Ill take the Villanova kid over either of those two. We have Trey Burke already. People love to look for the next Steph Curry but neither of those guys shot anything like Curry did in college.

Also if we arent going to get a 2 way player or a guy with even 2-way potential can we at least get a winner? There's a lot more Brandon Jennings to those guys than Steph Curry but time will tell...

I would pass on those guys for the Nova kid... no brainer.

I like Bridges too...he has shown alot of growth each yr...love players who are constantly improving...But, I coach in GA and I have seen Sexton play live and he is the truth...He is a slightly better prospect than Fox atthe same point last yr...the NBA is guard/playmaker centric and Sexton fits the mold

blkexec
Posts: 24470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
3/13/2018  9:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2018  9:47 PM
Well....I guess Frank will always have somebody pushing him....DSJ
Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
GustavBahler
Posts: 34266
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

3/13/2018  9:53 PM
blkexec wrote:Well....I guess Frank will always have somebody pushing him....DSJ

I hope Frank spends a good amount of time this summer going against legit NBA talent because his progress has not been what you would expect with consistent minutes, and a very patient coach. Even at 19 IMO.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 24922
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

3/13/2018  10:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:Well....I guess Frank will always have somebody pushing him....DSJ

I hope Frank spends a good amount of time this summer going against legit NBA talent because his progress has not been what you would expect with consistent minutes, and a very patient coach. Even at 19 IMO.

And where does Dennis smith Jr rate on this chart?

CrushAlot wrote:
The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
GustavBahler
Posts: 34266
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

3/13/2018  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2018  10:37 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:Well....I guess Frank will always have somebody pushing him....DSJ

I hope Frank spends a good amount of time this summer going against legit NBA talent because his progress has not been what you would expect with consistent minutes, and a very patient coach. Even at 19 IMO.

And where does Dennis smith Jr rate on this chart?

CrushAlot wrote:

I saw that, and its impressive. Frank's D has been very good since the jump. What Im talking about is the difference between a future starter, and a defensive specialist off the bench. Dont believe its unduly harsh to say that Frank's improvement as a scorer has been underwhelming. Definitely needs to come back with a chip on his shoulder if he wants to start down the road.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 24922
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

3/13/2018  10:45 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:Well....I guess Frank will always have somebody pushing him....DSJ

I hope Frank spends a good amount of time this summer going against legit NBA talent because his progress has not been what you would expect with consistent minutes, and a very patient coach. Even at 19 IMO.

And where does Dennis smith Jr rate on this chart?

CrushAlot wrote:

I saw that, and its impressive. Frank's D has been very good since the jump. What Im talking about is the difference between a future starter, and a defensive specialist off the bench. Dont believe its unduly harsh to say that Frank's improvement as a scorer has been underwhelming. Definitely needs to come back with a chip on his shoulder if he wants to start down the road.

You define "starter" by scoring? In this day and age, still can't get over your 15 ppg? And here I thought Gustav Mahler was famous for breaking out of the traditional mold of Austrian - German composers. You can do better than fixate on scoring

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
GustavBahler
Posts: 34266
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

3/13/2018  10:56 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:Well....I guess Frank will always have somebody pushing him....DSJ

I hope Frank spends a good amount of time this summer going against legit NBA talent because his progress has not been what you would expect with consistent minutes, and a very patient coach. Even at 19 IMO.

And where does Dennis smith Jr rate on this chart?

CrushAlot wrote:

I saw that, and its impressive. Frank's D has been very good since the jump. What Im talking about is the difference between a future starter, and a defensive specialist off the bench. Dont believe its unduly harsh to say that Frank's improvement as a scorer has been underwhelming. Definitely needs to come back with a chip on his shoulder if he wants to start down the road.

You define "starter" by scoring? In this day and age, still can't get over your 15 ppg? And here I thought Gustav Mahler was famous for breaking out of the traditional mold of Austrian - German composers. You can do better than fixate on scoring

Judging by the way you have taken offense to a very mild remark about Frank's progress on offense this season. Right after I complimented his defense. I would have guessed that Justin Bieber was more your speed.

That is considering how you are all hot and bothered about someone suggesting the idea that Frank needs to work on being more of a scorer. Damn that Derek Harper for spending his entire interview saying the exact same thing.

CrushAlot
Posts: 56586
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
3/14/2018  5:08 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:Well....I guess Frank will always have somebody pushing him....DSJ

I hope Frank spends a good amount of time this summer going against legit NBA talent because his progress has not been what you would expect with consistent minutes, and a very patient coach. Even at 19 IMO.

And where does Dennis smith Jr rate on this chart?

CrushAlot wrote:
Funny, I listened to Duncan's 15 in 60 podcast on the eastern conference after I posted this. They pointed out Frank being 68th out of 70 for some offensive stat (pick and roll effiency?). I was looking for a silver lining in what has been a rough start for a guy taken 8th overall. He has looked better lately and more aggressive on offense but Frank has enough deficits that he shouldn't be considered better than all of the other lottery guys except Monk in my opinion.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.