[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank is not a point guard
Author Thread
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/11/2018  7:19 PM
With Mudiay here now.... Frank should be groomed to play off the ball. Frank is too slow and afraid to drive the ball. He keeps jamming passes inside when he should be shooting. That responsibility should be taken from him. He's more suited playing off the ball. He's actually really good spotting up and moving the ball.
You know why I'm here....
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Posts: 34106
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/11/2018  7:23 PM
Plays like a weight has been lifted.
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/11/2018  7:23 PM
To add...I think, even though it's only one game... our destiny is starting Mudiay at point with Frank at shooting guard. THJr off the bench. I like Burke behind Mudiay. That's our destiny... unless we think about trading Timmy again and sticking Dotson in his spot.
You know why I'm here....
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/11/2018  7:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Plays like a weight has been lifted.

One the responsibility is completely taken away, I think that would be a true statement. Outs all a part of his development. He's simply not a point guard... but a versatile shooting guard

You know why I'm here....
Uptown
Posts: 26520
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

2/11/2018  7:32 PM
EnySpree wrote:With Mudiay here now.... Frank should be groomed to play off the ball. Frank is too slow and afraid to drive the ball. He keeps jamming passes inside when he should be shooting. That responsibility should be taken from him. He's more suited playing off the ball. He's actually really good spotting up and moving the ball.

Couldn't agree more...After indy scored, Mudiay was running to receive the inbounds pass and bring it up the floor while Frank floated down the court and allowed it to happen. You can tell that Frank was relieved of some of the pressure with Mudiay on the floor next to him...

Uptown
Posts: 26520
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

2/11/2018  7:34 PM
EnySpree wrote:To add...I think, even though it's only one game... our destiny is starting Mudiay at point with Frank at shooting guard. THJr off the bench. I like Burke behind Mudiay. That's our destiny... unless we think about trading Timmy again and sticking Dotson in his spot.

I see Frank as more a combo gaurd off the bench...He doesn't have the jumper nore the aggressiveness to be a starting SG in this league yet....

EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/11/2018  7:35 PM
Uptown wrote:
EnySpree wrote:With Mudiay here now.... Frank should be groomed to play off the ball. Frank is too slow and afraid to drive the ball. He keeps jamming passes inside when he should be shooting. That responsibility should be taken from him. He's more suited playing off the ball. He's actually really good spotting up and moving the ball.

Couldn't agree more...After indy scored, Mudiay was running to receive the inbounds pass and bring it up the floor while Frank floated down the court and allowed it to happen. You can tell that Frank was relieved of some of the pressure with Mudiay on the floor next to him...

I think Frank hasn't played his best game as a knick yet.... but in March and April we're gonna see the player he is going to be.... playing off the ball. Mudiay is going to make him better

You know why I'm here....
blkexec
Posts: 24437
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
2/11/2018  7:52 PM
I think Franks development is closely tied to Hornaceks development skills as a coach. And I think Hornacek could be the true bottleneck for Frank. Don't forget, Frank was a Phil pick....Keep that in mind. I'm sure the organization and coach will not blink twice to either trade him or reduce his minutes.

But I think Franks niche is a defensive game changer, with high enough basketball IQ to play mistake free ball. He brings a calmness to the team, and just makes the right plays. Hard to see right now, cause he's in a slump, but if you look past his rookie mistakes, you can see this clear as day.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
StarksEwing1
Posts: 30107
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

2/11/2018  7:59 PM
Frank is a combo guard. However I agree I think he looks better off the ball BUT that doesn't mean he cant play point guard because we have seen him have some success too. its also imports to remember that he is 19. But I do agree I think mudiay and him play well together and mudiay does help take some pressure off the kid and allows him to be more aggressive
Jmpasq
Posts: 23281
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/11/2018  8:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2018  8:49 PM
Uptown wrote:
EnySpree wrote:To add...I think, even though it's only one game... our destiny is starting Mudiay at point with Frank at shooting guard. THJr off the bench. I like Burke behind Mudiay. That's our destiny... unless we think about trading Timmy again and sticking Dotson in his spot.

I see Frank as more a combo gaurd off the bench...He doesn't have the jumper nore the aggressiveness to be a starting SG in this league yet....

Yep I agree as I've said this since he was drafted he is a backup guard with potential to guard 3 spots. You can't start a SG in this league that is that limited offensively unless you have a super ball dominant PG like Westbrook. His playing time will be based on matchups in the NBA. Not sure he is a 6th man but he is definitely a rotation player. I've ragged on Frank not because I don't believe he is a nice piece its more because we way overdrafted him.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Posts: 29428
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/11/2018  8:14 PM
Uptown wrote:
EnySpree wrote:To add...I think, even though it's only one game... our destiny is starting Mudiay at point with Frank at shooting guard. THJr off the bench. I like Burke behind Mudiay. That's our destiny... unless we think about trading Timmy again and sticking Dotson in his spot.

I see Frank as more a combo gaurd off the bench...He doesn't have the jumper nore the aggressiveness to be a starting SG in this league yet....

If both PGs develop, I can see a great 3 guard rotation of mudiay, hardaway, and frank. I can even see them playing together with hardaway at the 3. A lot of possibilities.

EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/11/2018  8:16 PM
blkexec wrote:I think Franks development is closely tied to Hornaceks development skills as a coach. And I think Hornacek could be the true bottleneck for Frank. Don't forget, Frank was a Phil pick....Keep that in mind. I'm sure the organization and coach will not blink twice to either trade him or reduce his minutes.

But I think Franks niche is a defensive game changer, with high enough basketball IQ to play mistake free ball. He brings a calmness to the team, and just makes the right plays. Hard to see right now, cause he's in a slump, but if you look past his rookie mistakes, you can see this clear as day.

All of that is just not true. You can't blame Franks play on Hornacek when guys are coming off the street and didn't even practice with the team and out playing him. Frank simply put is not a point guard. He's calm because he's not attacking. He's mistake free but he's also assist free too... He's not a point guard. That's a good thing. Now we know and we can play him off the ball. He makes his best plays as a ball mover. That's still good for us. Frank's future is stl bright, just not in the lane we expected.

You know why I'm here....
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/11/2018  8:19 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Frank is a combo guard. However I agree I think he looks better off the ball BUT that doesn't mean he cant play point guard because we have seen him have some success too. its also imports to remember that he is 19. But I do agree I think mudiay and him play well together and mudiay does help take some pressure off the kid and allows him to be more aggressive

Courtney Lee could pay some point. Jamal Crawford can play some point. Andre iggy can play singe point.... you can run down the line. They shouldn't be playing point exclusively.... but next to a real point guard they are a serious weapon. I'm excited for what I saw tonight. Great days are ahead of us

You know why I'm here....
codeunknown
Posts: 22583
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 7/14/2004
Member: #704
2/11/2018  8:20 PM
As disappointing as the Willy trade was, I think the Mudiay trade is a well-thought out move. It gives Frank an in-house apprenticeship to learn skills that he lacks. While I'm not particularly high on Mudiay as a long-term solution, he's a reasonable intermediary because of the size interchangeability of Mudiay/Frank, which allows Frank to pick up the most difficult backcourt defensive assignment. Mudiay looks the part of an NBA point guard but makes just enough mistakes, adding legitimacy to a tank. And if Mudiay happens to develop offensive efficiency, all the better.

The next couple of drafts now become game-changers for us, 2018 looking better than 2019. Who falls to us will determine the anchor points for our offense and defense. Based on players available, our goal should be drafting 6 or better this year, but that's a herculean task since we've been less than terrible to start. After that domino, potential trades of Kanter, O Quinn, Lee or Hardaway to reduce redundancy, become clearer.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
knicks1248
Posts: 37163
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/11/2018  8:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:
blkexec wrote:I think Franks development is closely tied to Hornaceks development skills as a coach. And I think Hornacek could be the true bottleneck for Frank. Don't forget, Frank was a Phil pick....Keep that in mind. I'm sure the organization and coach will not blink twice to either trade him or reduce his minutes.

But I think Franks niche is a defensive game changer, with high enough basketball IQ to play mistake free ball. He brings a calmness to the team, and just makes the right plays. Hard to see right now, cause he's in a slump, but if you look past his rookie mistakes, you can see this clear as day.

All of that is just not true. You can't blame Franks play on Hornacek when guys are coming off the street and didn't even practice with the team and out playing him. Frank simply put is not a point guard. He's calm because he's not attacking. He's mistake free but he's also assist free too... He's not a point guard. That's a good thing. Now we know and we can play him off the ball. He makes his best plays as a ball mover. That's still good for us. Frank's future is stl bright, just not in the lane we expected.

The only success we have seen JH have is when he had 3 pgs on the floor at the same time(dragic,bledsoe, knight, I T) who can score,penetrate, shoot 3's, run and pass..Does frank do any of that for more than 1 play per game.

So yeah, JH system is not for frank

ES
nyk4ever
Posts: 40972
Alba Posts: 12
Joined: 1/12/2005
Member: #848
USA
2/11/2018  8:36 PM
frank is 19 years old. calling him anything other than a teenager right now is pretty stupid.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Jmpasq
Posts: 23281
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/11/2018  8:38 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Frank is a combo guard. However I agree I think he looks better off the ball BUT that doesn't mean he cant play point guard because we have seen him have some success too. its also imports to remember that he is 19. But I do agree I think mudiay and him play well together and mudiay does help take some pressure off the kid and allows him to be more aggressive

Courtney Lee could pay some point. Jamal Crawford can play some point. Andre iggy can play singe point.... you can run down the line. They shouldn't be playing point exclusively.... but next to a real point guard they are a serious weapon. I'm excited for what I saw tonight. Great days are ahead of us

It would be fantastic if Frank could be like 80% of Iggy in his prime. Give us like 13 4 4 and elite defense

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/11/2018  9:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2018  10:32 PM
nyk4ever wrote:frank is 19 years old. calling him anything other than a teenager right now is pretty stupid.

Once you get drafted and start playing a man's game, age is out the window. This is not his first season as a pro. His team went to the finals in France last year. So blaming Horny is stupid. Calling Frank a point guard is stupid.

You know why I'm here....
blkexec
Posts: 24437
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
2/11/2018  9:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2018  9:28 PM
EnySpree wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:frank is 19 years old. calling him anything other than a teenager right now is pretty stupid.

Once you get drafted and start playing a man's game, age is out the window. This is not his fittest sessdiin as a pro. His team went to the finals in France last year. So blaming Horny is stupid. Calling Frank a point guard is stupid.

If Frank was the only player that has regressed under hornacek....then I would agree with u. But the facts are facts.....several players have regressed under hornacek including THj and KP. So blaming Hornacek is not stupid.

Frank played PG in the finals in a pro league. Frank was drafted as a PG. Coach has played Frank at PG all season....Calling Frank a PG is also not stupid. But I get your point. Frank is a better SG than PG in your opinion. NP.....I rather scratch the labels and say he's a solid guard to have on the team. and if hes solid now at 19.....playing with grown men at the highest level of competition in the world? Then imagine what he looks like at 21.

Ignore where he was drafted for a second.....thats really the only thing that hard to swallow right now. But he's still a great character defensive minded young leader type potential.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
Paris907
Posts: 21122
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
2/11/2018  10:15 PM
I’m as guilty as any Knick fan of not having the required patience with Frank N. I mean, Mudiay was considered a bust not long ago with a poor handle and poor jumper. Well he’s in his 3rd year and he’s imoroved. I think in his 3rd year Frank May prove to be a better all around pro than Mudiay. He has shown a cool demeanor and great defense.
He passed well and handle has already improved.

Unlike many, I’m not ready to hand over the keys to Mudiay quite yet. A good move by Perry though as None of our guards are stars yet but if there will be one,it will probably be Frank. Not an all star but better than most guards that have come in and out the past 10 years or so. THJr is an issue. If he ends up a glorified overpaid 6 man, it’s an issue. I mean he’s been very very cold and that simply doesn’t work off the bench.

Frank is not a point guard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.