Lance Stephenson
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/11/2018  7:20 PM
dwiley20 wrote:Lance Stephenson

I said that the day of the trade. Lance without the crazy

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

2/11/2018  11:34 PM
Tyreke Evans anyone?
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

2/11/2018  11:51 PM
Yes! Was thinking the same thing. Stephenson with some Tyreke Evans. Good call.
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
2/12/2018  12:58 AM
Mudiay jump shot is broke.. he & Ntlikina need to shoot 500 shots a days in the off-season.

Also Mudiay needs to finish a lot stronger at the hoop. Dude is a big body at the guard spot but his explosiveness is less than to be desired. Maybe he needs to drop some weight without losing muscle.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/12/2018  7:13 AM
Developed bad habits in Denver like falling down often after drives. Also questionable handle. Nice to be 21 and playing die Horny. He needs a conditioning coach and big time defensive improvement.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/12/2018  10:18 AM
Paris907 wrote:Developed bad habits in Denver like falling down often after drives. Also questionable handle. Nice to be 21 and playing die Horny. He needs a conditioning coach and big time defensive improvement.

He certainly is NOT going to improve defensively with this coaching staff. The defensive rotations and philosophy is awful under Hornachek.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/12/2018  10:54 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Developed bad habits in Denver like falling down often after drives. Also questionable handle. Nice to be 21 and playing die Horny. He needs a conditioning coach and big time defensive improvement.

He certainly is NOT going to improve defensively with this coaching staff. The defensive rotations and philosophy is awful under Hornachek.

just not true
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigRedDog
2/12/2018  11:06 AM
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

just not true

I am sure you watch the games, how many times are the opposing guys wide open for 3 pt shots? Hornacheks philosophy is our guys sag off their men to help out inside ( which never helps anyways) and leave their men wide open for 3's. Lance does it all the time. He is the worst " good" defensive player ever. Thats why we ere the worst at defending the 3 pt shot.

reub
Member: #6227

2/12/2018  11:09 AM
Tony Wroten?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/12/2018  11:28 AM
reub wrote:Tony Wroten?

Frank Williams lol I do see the similarities in how they handle the ball and penetrate. Hopefully that's where the comparison begins and ends.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
2/12/2018  11:54 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

just not true

I am sure you watch the games, how many times are the opposing guys wide open for 3 pt shots? Hornacheks philosophy is our guys sag off their men to help out inside ( which never helps anyways) and leave their men wide open for 3's. Lance does it all the time. He is the worst " good" defensive player ever. Thats why we ere the worst at defending the 3 pt shot.

thats is EVERY team's philosophy. Thats help defense. We are not very good at it, but we have gotten better and that is reflected in the numbers. Knicks opponents shoot the 3 at 36%... right at the league ave, and Knicks are ranked 13th in opposing 3pt FG%. That is not bad at all. Knicks are 9th in opposing 2pt FG%.

Im sorry... the Knicks defense is better than last year and trending upward. Jeff played under Sloan and was a good defensive player. I dont see what you are seeing. Yes we give up open 3s. A ton? #s dont show anything like that. There is nothing wrong with what Jeff is telling these guys. NBA defense isnt rocket science. Its commitment. This has been the advertised plan. Build a young core committed to playing it and playing it well.

BigRedDog
2/12/2018  12:34 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

just not true

thats is EVERY team's philosophy. Thats help defense. We are not very good at it, but we have gotten better and that is reflected in the numbers. Knicks opponents shoot the 3 at 36%... right at the league ave, and Knicks are ranked 13th in opposing 3pt FG%. That is not bad at all. Knicks are 9th in opposing 2pt FG%.

Im sorry... the Knicks defense is better than last year and trending upward. Jeff played under Sloan and was a good defensive player. I dont see what you are seeing. Yes we give up open 3s. A ton? #s dont show anything like that. There is nothing wrong with what Jeff is telling these guys. NBA defense isnt rocket science. Its commitment. This has been the advertised plan. Build a young core committed to playing it and playing it well.

We are 25th in opponents 3 pters made, 26th in opponents 3 pters attempted. That is bad. We are giving up so many because these guys are wide open. I guess 2 people see 2 different things watching a game. All a team has to do against us is make 2-3 passes, boom, the guy is wide open.

dwiley20
Member: #5755

2/12/2018  12:44 PM
BigRedDog wrote:

wont improve?? wow i liked the Frank, Mudiay and Dobson defensively out there together

fishmike
USA
2/12/2018  1:39 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

just not true

We are 25th in opponents 3 pters made, 26th in opponents 3 pters attempted. That is bad. We are giving up so many because these guys are wide open. I guess 2 people see 2 different things watching a game. All a team has to do against us is make 2-3 passes, boom, the guy is wide open.

Why is that bad? And why do you think that is? Because the KNicks are one of the best teams at defending the rim. So teams jack 3s. They are not hitting them a great rate (right at league average).

Knicks need to do and be better but the philosophy is sound. Keep teams out of the paint and force them into long jumpers. I like that philosophy just fine. Knicks need to defend the 3 better than average but that is part of the process as well. IF we were great at defending both we would be in the playoffs. We arent there yet. I dont see where its the philosophy that is hurting us. We just need to play better. Progress is there as well.

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

2/12/2018  1:40 PM
dwiley20 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

wont improve?? wow i liked the Frank, Mudiay and Dobson defensively out there together

Timmy has been a sieve lately -- someone needs to stop that quickly and remind him that passing/rebounding are also part of the equation.

LivingLegend

2/12/2018  1:43 PM
I think Horny referenced this as a concern last night (conditioning) but IMO Mudiay needs to drop at least 10 Lbs.

If he can get in GREAT shape he would be a pain in the rear end keeping out of the paint and away from the basket.

Mudiay/Frank both fully developed in GREAT shape is kind of intriguing.

LivingLegend

2/12/2018  1:49 PM
dwiley20 wrote:Lance Stephenson

A smaller Lance isn't a bad comp because both are kind of herky jerky and use the hesitation and ball fakes in getting to the rim.

I looked at list of top 70 PGs of all time - just to try to refresh my memory on some guys/names.

One that jumps out is Andre Miller and also maybe a little bit in terms of size/mannerisms Derek Williams (Utah)

fishmike
USA
2/12/2018  3:36 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I think Horny referenced this as a concern last night (conditioning) but IMO Mudiay needs to drop at least 10 Lbs.

If he can get in GREAT shape he would be a pain in the rear end keeping out of the paint and away from the basket.

Its a step in the right direction. Based on what they (Perry and FO) have talked about building they want a defensive team. They have talked about getting more athletic on perimeter and I think this is a great start.

Look at who the Knicks have brought in this year:
Dotson
Frank
Mudiay
THjr
Burke
Jack/Sessions

excluding Jack/Sessions who were brought in specifically to add a veteran NBA PG

If you look at that group there are no slow pokes. These are guys who can get up and down the floor. Aside from Burke all those guys also at least have potential/tools to be quality NBA defenders.

No more slow pokes. Knicks are clearly trying to get younger, faster and more athletic on the outside. Its going to take time.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/12/2018  4:09 PM
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I think Horny referenced this as a concern last night (conditioning) but IMO Mudiay needs to drop at least 10 Lbs.

Its a step in the right direction. Based on what they (Perry and FO) have talked about building they want a defensive team. They have talked about getting more athletic on perimeter and I think this is a great start.

Look at who the Knicks have brought in this year:
Dotson
Frank
Mudiay
THjr
Burke
Jack/Sessions

excluding Jack/Sessions who were brought in specifically to add a veteran NBA PG

If you look at that group there are no slow pokes. These are guys who can get up and down the floor. Aside from Burke all those guys also at least have potential/tools to be quality NBA defenders.

No more slow pokes. Knicks are clearly trying to get younger, faster and more athletic on the outside. Its going to take time.

THJR was in the D league for part of last year and hes going to be 26 in a month. Hes barely above the Mendoza line for SGs
Dotson was the 2nd best player jn his college team as a 5 yr senior and has gotten almost no nBA run
Frank--I still like Frank and I personally will be patient with him
Mudiay--well fi8rst stop he made it to third string after 3 years on a bad team--for cheap hes fine with upside
Burke--NBA retread

1 good guard is way better than all of these guys combined. You lack a lot here--nothing to write home about right mow.

RIP Crushalot😞
Mudiay Reminds me of

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy