[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Need 2 Know.........
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
9/5/2004  9:56 PM
What in the world is going on with the news about Keon Klark as a possibility to go to Cleveland? This dude is one guy that I would definitely want to see in a Knicks uni. He is long and athletic enough to bring us the much needed frontcourt presence that we truly lack. Marburry's court vision could definitely help bring back some good things out of this dude. After what I saw last season, it is very evident that we can no longer continue using the skills of Kurt Thomas nor Naser up front. Kurt can't jump no higher than 3" off the ground, and furthermore, Nazer has yet to show what he can do with a pass thrown to him by Marburry. Keon has been in the league long enough and better yet flourished under the guidance of Lenny. Losing this kid to Cleveland would be devastating to us.

Please let me know if I am the only one feeling like this.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/5/2004  9:58 PM
ThHere have been similar discussions in the past. I think the off season is getting to us.

P.S: No Keon please
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
diderotn
USA
9/5/2004  10:04 PM
I tell you one thing, I would much rather have a Keon Klark in my team than a combined of Anderson and Kurt Thomas. I can't believe that some Knicks fans are still crazy about Kurt Thomas and Anderson in our lineup...
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/5/2004  10:10 PM
I'd like Keon if he is willing to come here and if his ankle is healthy. Every Knick fan who does want him seems to feel as though they somehow know his ankle is fine
diderotn
USA
9/5/2004  10:15 PM
IMO, there are no other better PF/Centers out there. This dude is very affordable, and most of all wants to play for Lenny again. It is imperative to bring him in. As far as I am concerned, we have to do our best to get rid of Kurt and Anderson. Teams around the league will be looking to unload some players come preseason, therfor Isiah will find a suiter for those two scrubbs. I don't even care who we bring in, as long as they can do better than Anderosn and Kurt, I will be happy.
Bonn1997
USA
9/5/2004  10:32 PM
Obviously he can't contribute if he misses 80 games again. I wouldn't even consider signing him without having an MRI done on his ankle and having experts examine him first
diderotn
USA
9/5/2004  10:35 PM
that is the number one thing that teams do before signing a player. That is why they have to pass a physical

Posted by Bonn1997:

Obviously he can't contribute if he misses 80 games again. I wouldn't even consider signing him without having an MRI done on his ankle and having experts examine him first
Bonn1997
USA
9/5/2004  10:58 PM
Posted by diderotn:

that is the number one thing that teams do before signing a player. That is why they have to pass a physical

Posted by Bonn1997:

That's exactly why none of us should be talking as if we know that he's fine or that you know he is "one guy I would definitely want to see in a Knicks uni"
diderotn
USA
9/5/2004  11:16 PM
Isiah has a pretty good staff in place to look for the deficiencies that you have just mentioned. I don't know why he has yet to give an offer to Keon nor Demarr. I have full confidence on what his staff are doing.
RonRon
Member: #246
9/6/2004  6:18 AM
problem with ur proposal is, we would need to develop this player. And at fastest, most players need atleast 3 full years to develop. By then, our young group of players arent really that young anymore. They will be past their prime and injuries will start to catch up. Assuming we draft one of those players next summer. It will be 4 years from now, at a quite fast pace for them to develop. While crawford will still be very young, will stephons ankles still enable him to be the same player we think of now?

the only 2 guys that will still will be young talent would probably be sweetney, crawford, and possibly ariza if he is still around....

Maybe your right, but I feel if we are paying the price that we are right now for the salaries, We should atleast try to legitimately contend for a title.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/6/2004  8:02 AM
I don't think anyone is so crazy that they have Shandon getting alot of minutes. Both Houston and Crawford will be playing infront of him.

And please tell me you don't think Kurt is nearly as bad as Shandon.
diderotn
USA
9/6/2004  9:44 AM
no, not at all. KUrt is not as bad as Shanda, but his weaknesses are what will continue to hunt the Knicks if we don't get rid of him. I wouldn't mind keeping him if he was willing to come off the bench. HOwever, we all know that he will not accept a backup role. As for right now, we have too many PFs in our frontcourt with no true center. That is why it is imperative to exchange Kurt and either Moochie or Anderson for a not so good center.
We have to be able to make rooms for Sweetney, Naser, JYD, and Vinny to operate. The ideal Center that we need doesn't have to be an offesive threat, all we will need from him will be rebounding and his big boddy to clug up the middle. We have plenty of scorrers in our squad already, and the development of Sweetney will further enhance our team.

It is imperative to have Sweetney at the starting PF position.
Bonn1997
USA
9/6/2004  10:28 AM
Posted by diderotn:

no, not at all. KUrt is not as bad as Shanda, but his weaknesses are what will continue to hunt the Knicks if we don't get rid of him. I wouldn't mind keeping him if he was willing to come off the bench. HOwever, we all know that he will not accept a backup role.
We all know he did play a large portion of his Knick career coming off the bench. Now that he doesn't have to worry about putting up good stats in a contract year (like last year), I think it's hard to imagine him refusing to go to the bench IF we do indeed have a better option at both PF and C. (I'd still start him at C right now because he's our best low-post defender, though. So, to me the issue of whether he'd come off the bench is irrelevant anyay.)
diderotn
USA
9/6/2004  11:33 AM
You just don't know how much I resent the statement "Kurt is our best low post defender". What makes Kurt our best lowpost defender? now that we have Shaq in the East, everyteam around will upgrade at the Center position to counter with the presence of Shaq. Having Kurt playing Center will do nothing but hurt us to the fullest.
Bonn1997
USA
9/6/2004  11:54 AM
Posted by diderotn:

You just don't know how much I resent the statement "Kurt is our best low post defender". What makes Kurt our best lowpost defender? now that we have Shaq in the East, everyteam around will upgrade at the Center position to counter with the presence of Shaq. Having Kurt playing Center will do nothing but hurt us to the fullest.
YOu shouldn't resent anything here. It's a message board; it's not something to be taken personally.

What teams other than the Heat upgraded at center in the east? I must have missed all these teams you're referring to. Last time Kurt played center, he was given strong all-star consideration but the final spot went to Brad Miller instead.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/6/2004  12:05 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

YOu shouldn't resent anything here. It's a message board; it's not something to be taken personally.
A lot of people seem to take this personally and respond with a personal attack thats uncalled for. Its not personal! Where is Playa when you need him!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
9/6/2004  12:37 PM
Anyone who wants KT in the stating lineup as a center is nuts. Haven't you guys noticed a trend since KT has been in the lineup he hasn't had an above .500 season since he has been starting. KT at center is wacked the cat is only 225 pounds. He is a candidate to be posted up by players like Anthony and LeBron. A 6'9'' center with no ups who likes to camp out 10-15 feet from the basket. Please people don't over estimate the talent of NYK player at the same time don't underestimate their talets place a fair value on them. KT's defense is very weak, when he played center it was as if the red sea had parted. He isn't a 6'9'' Ben Wallace who is an athletic freak. This is riduculous put KT at center or even starting him at PF is putting progress to a halt. I understand the people's emotional ties to a player and all but if you want the Knicks to go places change is needed for the good of the team. With KT the team at best will stagnate at what it is with the possibility of going down. At least if you bring in Sweetney the team has an upside and will only get better with time. Same with Nazr he is relatively still a young player and still may get better. With KT the team is peaked out and ready to go downward at the positoions KT occupies whether it is center or PF.

KT best place is on the bench or another team. He gets severely out played at PF by younger more athletic PFs. And at center he doesn't provide a presence on the defensive end. He sucks at post position defense what games have you guys been watching that makes him some defensive guru at post defense. All I see is a player slobbing his body and swiping at players leading to personal fouls. The first thing you guys need to know is that the first sign of a bad defensive player is the foul situation.

KT doesn't fit what Isiah is trying to do. He signed him to a contract big mistake on his part had IT stuck with his original contract and let KT walk or used his ending deal in a trade with Atlanta to get Wallace would have been the thing to do. But IT's biggest mistake was giving him a contract because its obvious the demand for KT isn't there and it looks like he will be stuck on the team. It make me cringe because he is trouble waiting to happen in the club house. If Sweetney is given the starting job he is gonna whine and bitch like there is no tomarrow that is a given it just a matter of time. For the good of the team KT needs to be moved because keeping him is a mistake.
Bonn1997
USA
9/6/2004  2:08 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bonn1997:

A lot of people seem to take this personally and respond with a personal attack thats uncalled for. Its not personal! Where is Playa when you need him!
"Resent" is a personal emotion describing how you're feeling after reading a post. After reading your post now, I guess I didn't know what you meant (and still don't) by resent.
Bonn1997
USA
9/6/2004  2:11 PM
Posted by Vmart:

Anyone who wants KT in the stating lineup as a center is nuts. Haven't you guys noticed a trend since KT has been in the lineup he hasn't had an above .500 season since he has been starting. KT at center is wacked the cat is only 225 pounds. He is a candidate to be posted up by players like Anthony and LeBron. A 6'9'' center with no ups who likes to camp out 10-15 feet from the basket.
So you'd rather have a weaker defender like Nazy start just because he's an inch taller?? Of course the Knicks were below .500 with Kurt starting. You can't get away with starting Kurt at center if you have an obese slow PF (Weatherspoon) and a 6'5" SF getting 3.9 rbs in 40 mpg. It's entirely different when you have the deep talented team the Knicks have now.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
9/6/2004  5:26 PM
Yes I would rather have a younger more athletic player like Nazr over KT. Give Nazr, KT like minutes and he puts up better number than KT. While increasing on the rebounding. Nazr is better suited to play center because his body is better for that position. 6'10'' and 250 pounds as opposed to 6'9'' and 225 lbs. Nazr also plays better defense than KT but you guys are enamoured with KT the last of the 90's knicks. I understand your thinking but I also know that you won't win with KT in the starting lineup. Yes KT had a losing record since he was inserted into the starting lineup, even after the KNicks got Mutombo to man the middle he was not able to get the KNicks above .500.
Need 2 Know.........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy