GameThread: Knicks host Indiana for 5pm post trade deadline matchup
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

2/11/2018  7:59 PM
blkexec wrote:
Welpee wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I like what I saw in this game.

Mudiay showed how he can help the team and his potential. 10 assists in his 1st game as a Knick without any practice time--impressive. I like the pace in which he plays the game always under control and is a superior ball handler.

Mudiay and Frank worked really well and the played most of the game together. Frank looked much better and more aggressive off the ball looking for his shot. I think there's potential there as a backcourt tandem.

I'd like to see more of the 3 guard lineup going forward of Mudiay, Frank, THJ (or Dotson). I like this unit both defensively and offensively.

Knicks played well on the road without KP against a good time. Didn't fold.

Didn't we love Tre Burke a couple of weeks ago? I am totally on board with the Mudiay trade but I want to see a bigger sample size before jumping on his bandwagon.

I think Tre Burke has mismatch issues on defense. We already have mismatch issues with our bigs....So thats going to hurt Burke moving forward, when you now have a real PG at 6'5 with a 7'0 wing span, who pushes the ball. But I like how Burke looks on offense....Knowing Hornacek, he probably will cut Burkes minutes.

I prefer we cut Jacks minutes since the goal is no longer making the playoffs, but developing and evaluating roster talent.

I agree, I don't see the need to continue playing Jack at this point. He did his job when we were trying to contend for a playoff spot. His job now is to mentor the point guards and he can do that without playing a single minute. However, I would approach him about whether he'd like to be cut in order to possibly get picked up by a playoff team (i.e. Wizards would've been a perfect spot of him). If he's cool staying here in a mentor role I'd love to keep him on the bench.
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/11/2018  8:03 PM
blkexec wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Mudiay showed how he can help the team and his potential. 10 assists in his 1st game as a Knick without any practice time--impressive. I like the pace in which he plays the game always under control and is a superior ball handler.

Mudiay and Frank worked really well and the played most of the game together. Frank looked much better and more aggressive off the ball looking for his shot. I think there's potential there as a backcourt tandem.

I'd like to see more of the 3 guard lineup going forward of Mudiay, Frank, THJ (or Dotson). I like this unit both defensively and offensively.

Didn't we love Tre Burke a couple of weeks ago? I am totally on board with the Mudiay trade but I want to see a bigger sample size before jumping on his bandwagon.

I think Tre Burke has mismatch issues on defense. We already have mismatch issues with our bigs....So thats going to hurt Burke moving forward, when you now have a real PG at 6'5 with a 7'0 wing span, who pushes the ball. But I like how Burke looks on offense....Knowing Hornacek, he probably will cut Burkes minutes.

I prefer we cut Jacks minutes since the goal is no longer making the playoffs, but developing and evaluating roster talent.

I think Burke def showed he is at least a back up point guard. Good offense off the bench, hustles, penetrates. At this point Jack should not be playing. Every minute he plays he takes away from Mudaiy, Frank or Burkes development. Hornachek too gutless to bench Jack. Cares more about winning and vets vs player development.Jack played 8 mins and Burke played 8 minutes- ridiculous. Mudiay looked very good- needs to start at this point. Should have had probably 4-5 more assists

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/11/2018  8:03 PM
blkexec wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Agreed jack should be on the pine for the rest of the way, we gotta give the rains to Mudiay, easy E could really blossom here in New York. 14 and 10 is impressive for not even practicing... can’t wait for the chemistry to build. I really want to see frank start at the 2 from now on out with THJR at the 3

WP76
Member: #4508

2/11/2018  8:55 PM
blkexec wrote:
WP76 wrote:
magicTs wrote:
WP76 wrote:This is nauseatingly similar to the Toronto game. Competitive for a half then we puke all over ourselves for five to ten minutes and get blown out.

Thats going to happen a hell of a lot over this final 25 games so you had better get used to it. I can see us losing 17 straight, this being game 7 of the 17.

Maybe but that doesn’t mean I have to understand nor like it. Seems these guys would have enough personal and competitive pride to keep them from getting their butts kicked night after night. It reflects pretty poorly on the players, coaches, and team leadership (or lack thereof).

Well...you can't have it both ways.

You can't play like a playoff team and get a high pick!

The best scenario is to play hard, lose close games, and get a high pick. All while giving the youngsters quality NBA minutes of on the job training.

But you can't have it both, when you are rebuilding for the 1000th time.....

Never said I wanted both. I did say I wanted to see a team that plays with pride, intelligence, and hustle; one that doesn't fold like a cheap suit when adversity hits. We saw that today after they fell behind by 20. I can live with a bad result as long as it's not the result of a stupid or gutless effort.

blkexec
Member: #748
2/11/2018  9:11 PM
WP76 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
WP76 wrote:
magicTs wrote:
WP76 wrote:This is nauseatingly similar to the Toronto game. Competitive for a half then we puke all over ourselves for five to ten minutes and get blown out.

Thats going to happen a hell of a lot over this final 25 games so you had better get used to it. I can see us losing 17 straight, this being game 7 of the 17.

Maybe but that doesn’t mean I have to understand nor like it. Seems these guys would have enough personal and competitive pride to keep them from getting their butts kicked night after night. It reflects pretty poorly on the players, coaches, and team leadership (or lack thereof).

Well...you can't have it both ways.

You can't play like a playoff team and get a high pick!

The best scenario is to play hard, lose close games, and get a high pick. All while giving the youngsters quality NBA minutes of on the job training.

But you can't have it both, when you are rebuilding for the 1000th time.....

Never said I wanted both. I did say I wanted to see a team that plays with pride, intelligence, and hustle; one that doesn't fold like a cheap suit when adversity hits. We saw that today after they fell behind by 20. I can live with a bad result as long as it's not the result of a stupid or gutless effort.

Agree.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GameThread: Knicks host Indiana for 5pm post trade deadline matchup

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy