[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Draft Express/Insider Mock Draft Updated after Trade Deadline
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Posts: 50253
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/13/2018  12:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Out of the big men:

Deandre Ayton
Mohamed Bamba
Marvin Bagley III
Jaren Jackson
Michael Porter Jr

which ones would play well with KP and which ones look incompatible with him?

a lot of this I think depends if you see KP as a 4 or 5, as well as your thoughts on how a front court should look. I think KP is more comfortable as a 4. I also don't think you need as much size as you used to.

With that in mind, KP + Ayton sounds really ****ing good

I think Bamba is more realistic. I think the Knicks should look for a SF though. But to answer your question, Bamba's game would seemingly mesh really well with KP's

Thanks! I agree that we really need an SF, but this draft seems to be lacking top SF prospects, while being quite PF/C heavy at the top.

Bamba reminds me of a slightly taller Serge Ibaka.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Posts: 55477
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/13/2018  1:53 PM
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Out of the big men:

Deandre Ayton
Mohamed Bamba
Marvin Bagley III
Jaren Jackson
Michael Porter Jr

which ones would play well with KP and which ones look incompatible with him?

a lot of this I think depends if you see KP as a 4 or 5, as well as your thoughts on how a front court should look. I think KP is more comfortable as a 4. I also don't think you need as much size as you used to.

With that in mind, KP + Ayton sounds really ****ing good

I think Bamba is more realistic. I think the Knicks should look for a SF though. But to answer your question, Bamba's game would seemingly mesh really well with KP's

Thanks! I agree that we really need an SF, but this draft seems to be lacking top SF prospects, while being quite PF/C heavy at the top.

Which sort of pushes the SF's down the draft to where we'll be?
Im in the school of taking the best player available and not draft by position.
That school is not uncommon, so if the best of the draft are bigs, then we might have a good pick.
If you take a player, and he really outplays his draft position he is trade fodder, or makes others trade fodder!
Good players, sorry, GREAT Players are always marketable. Luck happens.

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
Ira
Posts: 24477
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/14/2001
Member: #91
2/13/2018  6:49 PM
The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.
TripleThreat
Posts: 21721
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

2/13/2018  9:46 PM
Ira wrote:The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.

He would be a fantastic pick up. He's a high floor player whose skill set looks like it will translate better to the pros than college. And it already translates well enough at the NCAA level. I do think he'll go earlier than current draft projections. The cost structure and push/pull of 3 And D type wing cost in the league will make him more interesting/targeted/valuable during the draft.

What's the saying, "Never Let Great Be The Enemy Of Good"

Where the Knicks are probably likely to pick, going for ceiling ( raw potential) probably won't be the best overall value.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
Chandler
Posts: 22439
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

2/14/2018  9:44 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Ira wrote:The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.

He would be a fantastic pick up. He's a high floor player whose skill set looks like it will translate better to the pros than college. And it already translates well enough at the NCAA level. I do think he'll go earlier than current draft projections. The cost structure and push/pull of 3 And D type wing cost in the league will make him more interesting/targeted/valuable during the draft.

What's the saying, "Never Let Great Be The Enemy Of Good"

Where the Knicks are probably likely to pick, going for ceiling ( raw potential) probably won't be the best overall value.

The perfect is the enemy of the good

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
Knixkik
Posts: 29428
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2018  10:06 AM
Ira wrote:The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.

Bridges could be a great SF here. 7'0 wingspan, can shoot and defend. Reminds me of Otto Porter, who wouldn't be considered a superstar, yet has superstar value (and contract.)

BRIGGS
Posts: 50253
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/14/2018  10:19 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Ira wrote:The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.

Bridges could be a great SF here. 7'0 wingspan, can shoot and defend. Reminds me of Otto Porter, who wouldn't be considered a superstar, yet has superstar value (and contract.)

He looked awful last night and thats the problem with him--he disappears a lot even in college. Im scared he is more Justin Andersen. If you watched him last night--you'd walk away not impressed. Thats a BIG problem with Knicks players--we cant keep a culture of inconsistency--thats the problem with the other Bridges from Villanova too. Restrained in ceiling with no dribble drive. Were not a 3 d player away--were a shtload a way. The more I watch the more Id rather trade down just a tad and try to get both Hutchinson and Robinson. Ill leave the Bridges to another team.

Knixkik
Posts: 29428
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2018  10:51 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Ira wrote:The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.

Bridges could be a great SF here. 7'0 wingspan, can shoot and defend. Reminds me of Otto Porter, who wouldn't be considered a superstar, yet has superstar value (and contract.)

He looked awful last night and thats the problem with him--he disappears a lot even in college. Im scared he is more Justin Andersen. If you watched him last night--you'd walk away not impressed. Thats a BIG problem with Knicks players--we cant keep a culture of inconsistency--thats the problem with the other Bridges from Villanova too. Restrained in ceiling with no dribble drive. Were not a 3 d player away--were a shtload a way. The more I watch the more Id rather trade down just a tad and try to get both Hutchinson and Robinson. Ill leave the Bridges to another team.

Bridges has shown flashes of a pick and roll game and improving playmaking. He is a bit of a late bloomer and on a loaded team. Again, you have a tendency to write players off based on their previous game. I have watched a ton of Bridges and most of the time i leave pretty impressed. I will let him off the hook for a quiet game here and there. I think there are plenty of guys who have much greater ceilings, but also bigger bust potential. Bridges has literally zero bust potential. He will be a good starting SF in the league for a long time. Worst case scenario is he's today's version of Ariza. But i expect him to be better.

Knixkik
Posts: 29428
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2018  10:54 AM
Tier 1:
1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Bagley
4. Young

Tier 2:
5. Porter
6. Carter
7. Mikal Bridges
8. Miles Bridges
9. Bamba
10. Jackson

These 10 guys jump out to me as a top 2 tier, before a bit of a drop off. I think it's important we get one of these guys. I am not big into Bamba or Jackson at this point, but would be very happy with the others based on what i have seen.

BRIGGS
Posts: 50253
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/14/2018  5:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2018  5:33 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Ira wrote:The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.

Bridges could be a great SF here. 7'0 wingspan, can shoot and defend. Reminds me of Otto Porter, who wouldn't be considered a superstar, yet has superstar value (and contract.)

He looked awful last night and thats the problem with him--he disappears a lot even in college. Im scared he is more Justin Andersen. If you watched him last night--you'd walk away not impressed. Thats a BIG problem with Knicks players--we cant keep a culture of inconsistency--thats the problem with the other Bridges from Villanova too. Restrained in ceiling with no dribble drive. Were not a 3 d player away--were a shtload a way. The more I watch the more Id rather trade down just a tad and try to get both Hutchinson and Robinson. Ill leave the Bridges to another team.

Bridges has shown flashes of a pick and roll game and improving playmaking. He is a bit of a late bloomer and on a loaded team. Again, you have a tendency to write players off based on their previous game. I have watched a ton of Bridges and most of the time i leave pretty impressed. I will let him off the hook for a quiet game here and there. I think there are plenty of guys who have much greater ceilings, but also bigger bust potential. Bridges has literally zero bust potential. He will be a good starting SF in the league for a long time. Worst case scenario is he's today's version of Ariza. But i expect him to be better.

Both Bridges are incomplete as wing scorers--they dont have well rounded offensive games so their ceilings in the NBA are limited. Thats why they have their clunkers. The most well rounded offensive prospect that i see who makes sense in the NBA is Robinson. I like Hutchinson much more than Bridges too. Robinson is a dominant efficient offensive player from the wing with length--I dont care where he is or where he is not ranked--you wont find much better. Im not sure what we will do with our pick -- but they need to shop around for groceries.

Knixkik
Posts: 29428
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2018  8:04 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Ira wrote:The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.

Bridges could be a great SF here. 7'0 wingspan, can shoot and defend. Reminds me of Otto Porter, who wouldn't be considered a superstar, yet has superstar value (and contract.)

He looked awful last night and thats the problem with him--he disappears a lot even in college. Im scared he is more Justin Andersen. If you watched him last night--you'd walk away not impressed. Thats a BIG problem with Knicks players--we cant keep a culture of inconsistency--thats the problem with the other Bridges from Villanova too. Restrained in ceiling with no dribble drive. Were not a 3 d player away--were a shtload a way. The more I watch the more Id rather trade down just a tad and try to get both Hutchinson and Robinson. Ill leave the Bridges to another team.

Bridges has shown flashes of a pick and roll game and improving playmaking. He is a bit of a late bloomer and on a loaded team. Again, you have a tendency to write players off based on their previous game. I have watched a ton of Bridges and most of the time i leave pretty impressed. I will let him off the hook for a quiet game here and there. I think there are plenty of guys who have much greater ceilings, but also bigger bust potential. Bridges has literally zero bust potential. He will be a good starting SF in the league for a long time. Worst case scenario is he's today's version of Ariza. But i expect him to be better.

Both Bridges are incomplete as wing scorers--they dont have well rounded offensive games so their ceilings in the NBA are limited. Thats why they have their clunkers. The most well rounded offensive prospect that i see who makes sense in the NBA is Robinson. I like Hutchinson much more than Bridges too. Robinson is a dominant efficient offensive player from the wing with length--I dont care where he is or where he is not ranked--you wont find much better. Im not sure what we will do with our pick -- but they need to shop around for groceries.

Briggs your analysis of prospects is always great, but the only issue i have is you tell us what qualities our pick needs, and you don't like the players who have those qualities. You said we need guys who can shoot the 3, are great athletes, and have NBA bodies. Both Bridges fit all 3 of those requirements. They have their flaws as you stated, but so do all prospects. Doncic, who might be the best prospect, is a limited athlete. Bagley lacks a definite position. These guys all have flaws. Generally speaking, both Bridges are someone limited, but also have low bust probability. Both are NBA starters sooner rather than later. They will satisfy the instant gratification-obsessed fan, unlike Frank. Guys that have already written off Frank, this is what the team needs.

Jmpasq
Posts: 23281
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/16/2018  6:53 AM
What do you guys think of Mikal Bridges? Low usage, efficient player, very good defender 6'7" with a 7'0 wingspan, I would like to get more offense from this draft but it has to be efficient offense to balance out Tim the brick Hardaway. Obviously Michael Porter would be the ideal but Bridges is a nice player. Yes he is already 21 which is usually frowned upon but whats the point of drafting a 19 year old like Frank who has to develop 3 years before possibly being useful.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Posts: 23281
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/16/2018  6:57 AM
Ira wrote:The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.

Yeah probably should of read the rest of the thread before posting, yeah I'm impressed with him. He can guard SF's with his arm length. Shooting over 50% for his career this season shooting .569 from 2 this year. His 3 point shooting has improved each year where he now shoots over 40%.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Posts: 23281
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/16/2018  7:06 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Ira wrote:The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.

He would be a fantastic pick up. He's a high floor player whose skill set looks like it will translate better to the pros than college. And it already translates well enough at the NCAA level. I do think he'll go earlier than current draft projections. The cost structure and push/pull of 3 And D type wing cost in the league will make him more interesting/targeted/valuable during the draft.

What's the saying, "Never Let Great Be The Enemy Of Good"

Where the Knicks are probably likely to pick, going for ceiling ( raw potential) probably won't be the best overall value.

Yeah we did that in this draft with Frank instead of going for Mitchell, it didn't work out. Adding him into the rotation of Hardaway and Lee for a year, or trading Lee or Hardaway this offseason would be a nice addition. He is a good pick where we will likely end up that 8-10 range

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Posts: 29428
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/16/2018  8:14 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Ira wrote:The guy I like for the Knicks is Mikal Bridges. He's a two way player - a star defensively who's picked up his offense to the point where he's top shelf. With Lee getting older shooting guard is a position of need.

He would be a fantastic pick up. He's a high floor player whose skill set looks like it will translate better to the pros than college. And it already translates well enough at the NCAA level. I do think he'll go earlier than current draft projections. The cost structure and push/pull of 3 And D type wing cost in the league will make him more interesting/targeted/valuable during the draft.

What's the saying, "Never Let Great Be The Enemy Of Good"

Where the Knicks are probably likely to pick, going for ceiling ( raw potential) probably won't be the best overall value.

Yeah we did that in this draft with Frank instead of going for Mitchell, it didn't work out. Adding him into the rotation of Hardaway and Lee for a year, or trading Lee or Hardaway this offseason would be a nice addition. He is a good pick where we will likely end up that 8-10 range

He would be great. Starting caliber SF right away with plenty of untapped potential. He's very much like otto porter in my mind which would be a great pickup.

Draft Express/Insider Mock Draft Updated after Trade Deadline

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.