[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What Should We Do With Our 2 Open Roster Spots?
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

2/9/2018  5:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2018  5:27 PM
With the trade of Willy and KP's injury I believe that we have 2 open roster spots. This might be a good time to pick up a couple of G league players who might have some promise. Nigel Hayes comes to mind as a modern NBA four with three point range plus the ability to guard the perimeter with his huge wingspan. He also knows our system well. He seems like a natural fit.

Besides him who else is out there? Tony Wroten or Jimmer(just kidding)?
Our own Xavier Rathan-Mayes is out there too.

Here are some other G league players who are available:
https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2018/1/10/16873712/top-eight-players-to-watch-in-the-2018-nba-g-league-showcase-alexander-blakeney-niang

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/9/2018  5:32 PM
reub wrote:With the trade of Willy and KP's injury I believe that we have 2 open roster spots. This might be a good time to pick up a couple of G league players who might have some promise. Nigel Hayes comes to mind as a modern NBA four with three point range plus the ability to guard the perimeter with his huge wingspan. He also knows our system well. He seems like a natural fit.

https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2018/1/10/16873712/top-eight-players-to-watch-in-the-2018-nba-g-league-showcase-alexander-blakeney-niang

luke and hicks

ES
reub

2/9/2018  5:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
reub wrote:With the trade of Willy and KP's injury I believe that we have 2 open roster spots. This might be a good time to pick up a couple of G league players who might have some promise. Nigel Hayes comes to mind as a modern NBA four with three point range plus the ability to guard the perimeter with his huge wingspan. He also knows our system well. He seems like a natural fit.

luke and hicks

Luke and Hicks are our two-way players. We can keep them on the roster and still possibly add 2 more if we want to. I'm looking at guys with potential who we can evaluate and develop in addition to Luke and Hicks.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/9/2018  7:07 PM
I think we have 1 official spot open on the roster. If Shabazz Mohammed is waived, I'd like to the a look at him
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
reub

2/9/2018  7:17 PM
EnySpree wrote:I think we have 1 official spot open on the roster. If Shabazz Mohammed is waived, I'd like to the a look at him

I believe you're right but can't we get an injury exception for KP or Baker? Maybe its too late in the season for that?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/9/2018  7:23 PM
reub wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I think we have 1 official spot open on the roster. If Shabazz Mohammed is waived, I'd like to the a look at him

I believe you're right but can't we get an injury exception for KP or Baker? Maybe its too late in the season for that?

I'm too lazy to check lol.... but it seems like other teams automatically get the injury exemption. I've never known the Knicks to get that compensation

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
reub

2/9/2018  7:45 PM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:

I'm too lazy to check lol.... but it seems like other teams automatically get the injury exemption. I've never known the Knicks to get that compensation

I just checked and it appears that Jan. 15th was the deadline to apply for an injury exception. So it looks like we have one open rpster spot.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/01/201718-nba-disabled-player-exceptions.html
reub

2/10/2018  9:33 AM
According to Ian Begley, we're actively scouting G league players to fill our open roster spot. I wonder if there's anyone out there with more tools for the modern game plus our needs than Nigel Hayes?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/10/2018  10:45 AM
reub wrote:According to Ian Begley, we're actively scouting G league players to fill our open roster spot. I wonder if there's anyone out there with more tools for the modern game plus our needs than Nigel Hayes?
My guess is there is but the Knicks also like Hayes.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
2/10/2018  10:56 AM
reub wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

luke and hicks

Luke and Hicks are our two-way players. We can keep them on the roster and still possibly add 2 more if we want to. I'm looking at guys with potential who we can evaluate and develop in addition to Luke and Hicks.

My guess is that Luke is signed as soon as Noah's situation is resolved. Noah needs to be bought out before March 1st if he is going to play for a playoff team.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/10/2018  11:02 AM
reub wrote:According to Ian Begley, we're actively scouting G league players to fill our open roster spot. I wonder if there's anyone out there with more tools for the modern game plus our needs than Nigel Hayes?

I was high on Nigel Hayes, but he disappointed in summer league. Has he played well in the G-league?
We have enough of the season left to play some reclamation projects some serious minutes instead of wasting them on our starters. But I don't think we will do that.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
2/10/2018  11:16 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

I was high on Nigel Hayes, but he disappointed in summer league. Has he played well in the G-league?
We have enough of the season left to play some reclamation projects some serious minutes instead of wasting them on our starters. But I don't think we will do that.

He had a 10 day with the Lakers. I think he had a good showcase or played well when the Lakers were scouting him. His 3 pt shot has reportedly improved.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/10/2018  11:18 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

luke and hicks

My guess is that Luke is signed as soon as Noah's situation is resolved. Noah needs to be bought out before March 1st if he is going to play for a playoff team.

I see no reason to pay Noah to play somewhere else, I'd let him end his career at home unless he is going to give back some money

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
USA
2/10/2018  11:36 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

luke and hicks

I see no reason to pay Noah to play somewhere else, I'd let him end his career at home unless he is going to give back some money

If he wants to play for a playoff team he would need to resolve things by March 1. My guess is the Knicks wait on him to make the first move and get him to give back money. Otherwise I agree that he just sits.
reub

2/10/2018  4:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2018  4:23 PM
MSG is showing the Westchester game at 5 PM today if anyone wants to watch Nigel Hayes or Xavier Rathan-Mayes too.
CrushAlot
USA
2/10/2018  4:32 PM
reub wrote:MSG is showing the Westchester game at 5 PM today if anyone wants to watch Nigel Hayes or Xavier Rathan-Mayes too.
Thanks. Haven't caught many of their games this year.
reub

2/10/2018  6:02 PM
XRM with 22 points at the half. He's looking like Westbrook out there.

Nigel Hayes not very impressive so far.

reub

2/10/2018  9:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2018  10:01 PM
We may be signing Georgis Papagiannis. Big George was the 13th pick in the 2016 draft by the Suns and is 7'2" with a 7'6" wingspan. Perry must know him well coming from the Kings. He was stuck behind some good bigs in Sacramento so he might not have gotten many minutes there.
You can never have enough bigs...as we know. He's only 20 years old and 240 pounds.
What Should We Do With Our 2 Open Roster Spots?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy