Marbury broke my finger and didn't apologize
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/5/2004  9:14 PM
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=825539
Darn, the article's not in English, but a few sentences are translated on hoopshype

"Fabricio Oberto: 'I saw Stephon Marbury twice [after he broke my finger]. And the guy didn't tell me a thing. He didn't even ask me how was I doing. He didn't apologize.'"
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
9/5/2004  9:25 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=825539
Darn, the article's not in English, but a few sentences are translated on hoopshype

"Fabricio Oberto: 'I saw Stephon Marbury twice [after he broke my finger]. And the guy didn't tell me a thing. He didn't even ask me how was I doing. He didn't apologize.'"

Darn. I kind of wanted to sign that guy. Oh well. It seems Marbury has more in common with Zeke than just playmaking and scoring ability...
¿ △ ?
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
9/5/2004  10:09 PM
why should Marbury apologize? he didnt do anything wrong, it wasnt even a foul
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
9/6/2004  3:29 AM
I read the entire article.. it's in Spanish...
The guy never said Marbury did anything wrong in the play..
He said he knew instantly that is was broke...
and that he passed Marbury twice and Marbury never even aknowledged him.... That last part bring the only reason the guys is even upset..
Who cares if some idiot is but hurt about proper protocol after an injury in a game...
I for one won't weigh in on his comments when thinking about Marbry's value to the NY Knicks.
In all reality it is remeniscent of the Mason, Xman, Oakley, Ewing days of hard ballin...

long story short... who cares..
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
9/6/2004  7:05 AM
It must have been a slow news day in Argentina.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
9/6/2004  9:02 AM
It's about time we have someone on the Knicks who is even capable of playing that hard. The whole roster needs to be that way. Dammit, these are the Knicks!

Not only do we need talent (which we have a significant amount of nowadays), but there's gotta be some fire & desire on this team.
I'd love to see the Knicks get HARDCORE again- but this time around we'll have the talent to compliment the ruggedness and fire.

This dude whining about his broken finger needs to just suck it up and handle it. He has a damn gold medal to hold onto with the 4 unbroken fingers on that hand.

Maybe if some of those other cats on Team USA played as hard as Starbury when it counted, he along with the rest of them would have gold medals instead of bronze.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Bonn1997
USA
9/6/2004  10:15 AM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

It's about time we have someone on the Knicks who is even capable of playing that hard. The whole roster needs to be that way. Dammit, these are the Knicks!

Not only do we need talent (which we have a significant amount of nowadays), but there's gotta be some fire & desire on this team.
I'd love to see the Knicks get HARDCORE again- but this time around we'll have the talent to compliment the ruggedness and fire.

This dude whining about his broken finger needs to just suck it up and handle it. He has a damn gold medal to hold onto with the 4 unbroken fingers on that hand.

Maybe if some of those other cats on Team USA played as hard as Starbury when it counted, he along with the rest of them would have gold medals instead of bronze.
I agree; Marbury was the only player who responded well under pressure on the team. He carried the team in the medal round and simply needed one or two more players who could handle the pressure as well as he did
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
9/6/2004  11:36 AM
I loved reading this. Marbury grew up in Brooklyn, **** happens and it's none of your concern. Just do yo' thang.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
9/6/2004  6:53 PM
he also called him "lazy". why? is this how european ball is played? w/out getting hurt. i guess if someone gets injured, the other player is dirty. he also goes on to say "i think he had other things on his mind". hell yeah he had other things on his mind! he's the only real point gaurd on the team, and his "back up" is only their because he happened to play the position in his first year. this guy needs to suck it up, and nurse his pinky. PUS..i mean WUSSY!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/7/2004  1:06 AM
Hey, in the name of sportsmanship (that's what the Olympics are about, right?), Marbury should have apologized after it was all over.

It's just a game... and while the injury may have been incidental, it'd have been nice if he said, "sorry, poop happens..." or something along those lines.

Hrm... that's the problem w/ the American game--- no respect.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/7/2004  8:01 AM
Hey, in the name of sportsmanship (that's what the Olympics are about, right?), Marbury should have apologized after it was all over.

I agree, but Oberto is blowing this out of proportion. There's no need to go to the media with all of this.
Bonn1997
USA
9/7/2004  8:22 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I agree, but Oberto is blowing this out of proportion. There's no need to go to the media with all of this.
I agree with both of you on this
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/7/2004  8:39 AM
Me too!

A little humilty is OK, being from Brooklyn and a gazzillionair does not excuse you from the human race.

On the other hand, I'd lay blame on the media also. example: "How did you break your finger? Marbury? Did he say say he was sorry? No? DID HE SAY ANYTHING?"

So the player should have just left it, but it becomes a story.

Marbury is an animal, but for now he is our animal! Now if he bit his finger and broke it, that would be a story!
Clean
Member: #743
9/7/2004  12:33 PM
Didn't Marbury Say he was sorry in an Interview during the Gold Medal game. In that same interview I remember he wore a white wife beater (Sleeveless T Shirt) and also said he wished Oberto could have played in the gold metal game.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
9/7/2004  5:16 PM
I recall a quote like that, where he said that he wished that Oberto could have played in the Gold Medal Game.

Stephon was just playing hard, as usual. He's nobody's "bad sportsman", "animal", or any other derogatory label.
He is a man that deserves respect for his efforts in those Olympic games.

As I said already, Oberto needs to suck it up and deal with it.
Maybe his lil' finger will heal faster if he rubs his gold medal on it. The media blowing this all up just shows how desperate they are for a damn story.

Then again, even they (the media) are no longer talking about this anymore.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
bsw3
Member: #589
9/7/2004  11:15 PM
The Star Child did apologize in his interview during the gold medal game, and, yes, he was wearing a wife beater. Just to clarify.
iGotNext
Member: #592
USA
9/9/2004  3:25 PM
I'm glad it ain't Starbury's finger that broke.
I have a new name for my beloved Brickerbockers, the "Apple turnovers"
Marbury broke my finger and didn't apologize

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy