[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thoughts on Mudiay?
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Posts: 23089
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/29/2003
Member: #411
USA
2/9/2018  9:33 PM
Mudiay should start immediately

Burke/Ntilina and Dotson should be backups at guard

Jack - thanks but we are out of it now, so mentor from the bench.

Kornet and Hicks need to play too. NY needs to develop players or at least see what they got.

Yet another mistake by Dolan. When will it end?
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Posts: 21840
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 1/23/2004
Member: #569
2/10/2018  1:12 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Mudiay should start immediately

Burke/Ntilina and Dotson should be backups at guard

Jack - thanks but we are out of it now, so mentor from the bench.

Kornet and Hicks need to play too. NY needs to develop players or at least see what they got.

Obviously Mudiay can't start right away. He needs some time to at least know the plays. I would hope in a week or so Mudiay needs to start and we need to give consistent minutes to Frank and Burke. Hornachek needs to have the guts to tell Jack he is being benched in favor of youth. I would be fine with Jack helping mentor the young guys but if he wants to be bought out then might have to do that for him. There is just NO minutes left to play Jack. Every minute you give Jack then you take away from the development of the young guys. I also would like to give Dotson some time so maybe limit Lee's minutes to some degree. I don't think Horny will do this. I think he wants to win at this cost and loyalty to the veterans.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/10/2018  5:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2018  5:56 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Everyone who wanted to draft Mudiay, man up!

I am glad Jackson didn't listen to me on this one. However, I'm glad we got him on the cheap. Sometimes a change of scenery does the trick.

Agree, and props to everyone who admitted wanting to pick him as well, Dont remember that many posters wanting Mudiay.
I agree that a change of scenery might do him good.

I find it ridiculous that guys are quick to say he sucks but are willing to give Frank the starting spot.... Frank is horrible so far. Also alot of guys wanted Willy to start when he also played terrible this year.... but Mudiay is a bum. Mudiay is the only one that averaged 12 and 11 pts a game his first two seasons... so much for being terrible. I can't wait too see the kid in a knick uniform

I have no problem with bringing Mudiay to NY, low risk, potentially high reward move. I am skeptical myself that he'll be an impact player. Has the worst defensive plus minus for a PG in the league, not to mention the sketchy offense these days. Im guessing that most of us are in the same boat. In favor of the trade, pleasantly surprised,
if Mudiay makes the most of his opportunity.

I wouldnt sweat it, we'll see him in action soon enough. Maybe this will help Frank be more assertive.

If the only positive from this move is that it helps Frank step up his game, then it would have been worth it. Id much rather see Mudiay help Frank flip the switch, so to speak, then see him fail in NY.

Mudiay pans out in NY, you will have plenty of opportunities to remind everyone.

My thing is I can't even say anything bad about the kid because guys are ****ting on him so bad. Yeah I understand his flaws, but let's be real, he's better than Frank and has been better since hee came in the league. Frank sucks so that's not saying much. Still Mudiay is our best penetrator and finisher from the guard spot. It's a good thing we should be looking forward to it.

You know why I'm here....
Vmart
Posts: 30671
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
2/10/2018  10:27 AM
WTF did Hicks it Kornet earn to get PT and Willie was getting rotted on the bench.
CrushAlot
Posts: 56413
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/10/2018  10:41 AM
Vmart wrote:WTF did Hicks it Kornet earn to get PT and Willie was getting rotted on the bench.
I know what Kornet did. He went out and played with passion like he wanted to be a part of the rotation and made an impact. Haven't seen that from Willy all year. Also, if there is any sustainability to Kornet's game he is a good prospect. Willy asked to leave. Kornet worked to earn his opportunity and when he got it he kept working. In regards to Hicks, the focus has changed for the team and there were not many available players due to injury and trades.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25672
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/10/2018  12:18 PM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Everyone who wanted to draft Mudiay, man up!

I am glad Jackson didn't listen to me on this one. However, I'm glad we got him on the cheap. Sometimes a change of scenery does the trick.

Agree, and props to everyone who admitted wanting to pick him as well, Dont remember that many posters wanting Mudiay.
I agree that a change of scenery might do him good.

I find it ridiculous that guys are quick to say he sucks but are willing to give Frank the starting spot.... Frank is horrible so far. Also alot of guys wanted Willy to start when he also played terrible this year.... but Mudiay is a bum. Mudiay is the only one that averaged 12 and 11 pts a game his first two seasons... so much for being terrible. I can't wait too see the kid in a knick uniform

I have no problem with bringing Mudiay to NY, low risk, potentially high reward move. I am skeptical myself that he'll be an impact player. Has the worst defensive plus minus for a PG in the league, not to mention the sketchy offense these days. Im guessing that most of us are in the same boat. In favor of the trade, pleasantly surprised,
if Mudiay makes the most of his opportunity.

I wouldnt sweat it, we'll see him in action soon enough. Maybe this will help Frank be more assertive.

If the only positive from this move is that it helps Frank step up his game, then it would have been worth it. Id much rather see Mudiay help Frank flip the switch, so to speak, then see him fail in NY.

Mudiay pans out in NY, you will have plenty of opportunities to remind everyone.

My thing is I can't even say anything bad about the kid because guys are ****ting on him so bad. Yeah I understand his flaws, but let's be real, he's better than Frank and has been better since hee came in the league. Frank sucks so that's not saying much. Still Mudiay is our best penetrator and finisher from the guard spot. It's a good thing we should be looking forward to it.

No, Mudiay sucked @$$ his rookie year. The only difference is that he was force fed minutes. Keep that in mind next time you use the "Mudiay is way better than Frank narrative." That said, I'm intrigued by Mudiay and can't wait to see him play. I still trust Frank's decision making more than Mudiay's. But Mudiay does bring a dynamic I hope he can harness

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TripleThreat
Posts: 21718
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

2/10/2018  1:17 PM
ankurk wrote:Thoughts?


It's a "Challenge Trade"

You trade a player who is not producing/not a fit for you, for another teams player who is not producing/not a fit for them. You hope the change of scenery and some coaching make a difference but odds are that it won't. Mostly you hope to ease some positional glut on your roster.

Mudiay is just not a very good basketball player. But the team needs to shade Ntilikina's minutes. Rookies get worn down as they aren't used to kind of competition/physical attrition/length of season/travel. Mudiay is a "warm body" and at this point, why not, why not see what he can give you. Odds are though he's going to be as ineffective as he's always been.

Sometimes you just need a warm body. At the bar near 2am, I believe they are called "Slump Busters" So she's got a messed up face and she's a muffin top. You are drunk. It's been a dry spell. Shoved face down into a couch cushion, is it going to be all that different from everyone else?

Mudiay is a near 2am slump buster. Sometimes the marginally attractive with super low self esteem need love too. ( I realized by writing that , I likely made nixluva self conscious...)

Don't expect a miracle. Just hope for friction.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
martin
Posts: 47291
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2018  1:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:WTF did Hicks it Kornet earn to get PT and Willie was getting rotted on the bench.
I know what Kornet did. He went out and played with passion like he wanted to be a part of the rotation and made an impact. Haven't seen that from Willy all year. Also, if there is any sustainability to Kornet's game he is a good prospect. Willy asked to leave. Kornet worked to earn his opportunity and when he got it he kept working. In regards to Hicks, the focus has changed for the team and there were not many available players due to injury and trades.

YES, this.

When guys are trying to earn minutes, they come out like possessed dudes on crack and try to do anything to help their team win.

In the offseason, they work like crazy to up their games and their body.

If they are really desperate to get minutes and show that they deserve time, they ask to be sent to the GLeague and prove to be a wrecking ball to the opponent every night.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Posts: 37163
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/10/2018  2:04 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:WTF did Hicks it Kornet earn to get PT and Willie was getting rotted on the bench.
I know what Kornet did. He went out and played with passion like he wanted to be a part of the rotation and made an impact. Haven't seen that from Willy all year. Also, if there is any sustainability to Kornet's game he is a good prospect. Willy asked to leave. Kornet worked to earn his opportunity and when he got it he kept working. In regards to Hicks, the focus has changed for the team and there were not many available players due to injury and trades.

YES, this.

When guys are trying to earn minutes, they come out like possessed dudes on crack and try to do anything to help their team win.

In the offseason, they work like crazy to up their games and their body.

If they are really desperate to get minutes and show that they deserve time, they ask to be sent to the GLeague and prove to be a wrecking ball to the opponent every night.

AKA Burke

ES
CrushAlot
Posts: 56413
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/10/2018  9:30 PM
Saw this on realgm.
some dude on the nuggets board went on a huge rant after they traded mudiay.. :lol:

Spoiler: Hide
Once again, we are giving up talent to cover Malone's ass; we are once again giving up talent because Michael Malone couldn't make it work. Just like Nurkic, Mudiay has the talent of a starter but would have been an incredible backup–see his recent play for proof–but Malone doesn't care about offense and removes Mudiay from the rotation, only playing him as a desperation move and there he ends up playing VERY well. After last year I thought we would have learned from this, but I saw too many people on forums all the time bitching about how we "need a backup point-guard!!!" and even criticizing Jamal without realizing that we just chose two very talented ones in a row. Fools.

But Malone has too much ego to admit that it's HIS fault that things are wrong, and that he doesn't give a **** about actually SCORING POINTS so we "have to" give up Mudiay for a low-upside veteran in Devin Harris, just like how we gave up Nurkic for Plumlee last year. What is Michael Malone's problem with talent? How come the only things he cares about are "defentse" and "limiting 'turn-ovuhz'"?

The Kroenkes don't give a **** about basketball. That's why the GM drafts exciting talent (Jokic, Nurkic, Harris, Murray, Mudiay, Juancho, Malik, etc.) but the owner gives them a coach that is a drill-sergeant disciplinarian tough-ass from Queens, NY who plays the taxing, exacting, exhausting, LOSING, and LITERALLY-INJURIOUS style of "'defentse'-first" basketball where the center is always "posting up!!!" and there is too much god damn ISO ball. The owner then allows the coach to bully the whole FO around and replace the exciting players with the "'defentse'-first," "limit 'turn-ovuhz'" players like Millsap, Devin Harris, Richard Jefferson, and Plumlee that he wants. HE DID THIS SAME **** IN SACRAMENTO, BY THE WAY, FOR WHICH HE WAS FIRED: LOOK IT UP. This is heading in the direction of the Orlando Magic where we sign "defense-first" players, washed-up veterans, and a bunch of G-Leaguers and become one of the worst teams in the league. Does anyone want to debate with me on this? I'm probably right and you're probably wrong.

And no, I'm not a "troll" for pointing out that Malone removes talent from the rotation and pits players against each other which is what leads to these **** trades. He is biased, he creates chaos, he HATES HIS OWN PLAYERS. Enough is enough already: fire him now before we start playing like the 2010-2014 Memphis Grizzlies and he has ruined the team entirely. All he cares about is his own "job"; he sees the players as a threat to him and knows that if they just played to and through their talent that he would be largely unnecessary. A lot of you are unwilling to admit that we have a Steve Clifford (who Malone is friends with, which is another indictment of him), Tom Thibodeau type of person as our coach, but he has extra biases too. Enough is enough already. #FireMalone

You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
CrushAlot
Posts: 56413
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/10/2018  10:45 PM
Just listened to the Duncan'd on Podcast from Friday. They like the Mudiay trade for the Knicks. They qualified it by saying that they like Mudiay more than most analysts. They also saw the Willy trade as basically a push and called the Knicks winners at the deadline.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/11/2018  7:54 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Everyone who wanted to draft Mudiay, man up!

I am glad Jackson didn't listen to me on this one. However, I'm glad we got him on the cheap. Sometimes a change of scenery does the trick.

Agree, and props to everyone who admitted wanting to pick him as well, Dont remember that many posters wanting Mudiay.
I agree that a change of scenery might do him good.

I find it ridiculous that guys are quick to say he sucks but are willing to give Frank the starting spot.... Frank is horrible so far. Also alot of guys wanted Willy to start when he also played terrible this year.... but Mudiay is a bum. Mudiay is the only one that averaged 12 and 11 pts a game his first two seasons... so much for being terrible. I can't wait too see the kid in a knick uniform

I have no problem with bringing Mudiay to NY, low risk, potentially high reward move. I am skeptical myself that he'll be an impact player. Has the worst defensive plus minus for a PG in the league, not to mention the sketchy offense these days. Im guessing that most of us are in the same boat. In favor of the trade, pleasantly surprised,
if Mudiay makes the most of his opportunity.

I wouldnt sweat it, we'll see him in action soon enough. Maybe this will help Frank be more assertive.

If the only positive from this move is that it helps Frank step up his game, then it would have been worth it. Id much rather see Mudiay help Frank flip the switch, so to speak, then see him fail in NY.

Mudiay pans out in NY, you will have plenty of opportunities to remind everyone.

My thing is I can't even say anything bad about the kid because guys are ****ting on him so bad. Yeah I understand his flaws, but let's be real, he's better than Frank and has been better since hee came in the league. Frank sucks so that's not saying much. Still Mudiay is our best penetrator and finisher from the guard spot. It's a good thing we should be looking forward to it.

No, Mudiay sucked @$$ his rookie year. The only difference is that he was force fed minutes. Keep that in mind next time you use the "Mudiay is way better than Frank narrative." That said, I'm intrigued by Mudiay and can't wait to see him play. I still trust Frank's decision making more than Mudiay's. But Mudiay does bring a dynamic I hope he can harness

That's cool that you say they force fed him minutes... if they force fed Frank minutes his numbers would still be worse than Mudiay.

You know why I'm here....
ekstarks94
Posts: 20469
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/5/2015
Member: #6104

2/11/2018  8:27 AM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Everyone who wanted to draft Mudiay, man up!

I am glad Jackson didn't listen to me on this one. However, I'm glad we got him on the cheap. Sometimes a change of scenery does the trick.

Agree, and props to everyone who admitted wanting to pick him as well, Dont remember that many posters wanting Mudiay.
I agree that a change of scenery might do him good.

I find it ridiculous that guys are quick to say he sucks but are willing to give Frank the starting spot.... Frank is horrible so far. Also alot of guys wanted Willy to start when he also played terrible this year.... but Mudiay is a bum. Mudiay is the only one that averaged 12 and 11 pts a game his first two seasons... so much for being terrible. I can't wait too see the kid in a knick uniform

I have no problem with bringing Mudiay to NY, low risk, potentially high reward move. I am skeptical myself that he'll be an impact player. Has the worst defensive plus minus for a PG in the league, not to mention the sketchy offense these days. Im guessing that most of us are in the same boat. In favor of the trade, pleasantly surprised,
if Mudiay makes the most of his opportunity.

I wouldnt sweat it, we'll see him in action soon enough. Maybe this will help Frank be more assertive.

If the only positive from this move is that it helps Frank step up his game, then it would have been worth it. Id much rather see Mudiay help Frank flip the switch, so to speak, then see him fail in NY.

Mudiay pans out in NY, you will have plenty of opportunities to remind everyone.

My thing is I can't even say anything bad about the kid because guys are ****ting on him so bad. Yeah I understand his flaws, but let's be real, he's better than Frank and has been better since hee came in the league. Frank sucks so that's not saying much. Still Mudiay is our best penetrator and finisher from the guard spot. It's a good thing we should be looking forward to it.

Mudiay is our best penetrator and finisher...lmao


EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/11/2018  10:01 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Everyone who wanted to draft Mudiay, man up!

I am glad Jackson didn't listen to me on this one. However, I'm glad we got him on the cheap. Sometimes a change of scenery does the trick.

Agree, and props to everyone who admitted wanting to pick him as well, Dont remember that many posters wanting Mudiay.
I agree that a change of scenery might do him good.

I find it ridiculous that guys are quick to say he sucks but are willing to give Frank the starting spot.... Frank is horrible so far. Also alot of guys wanted Willy to start when he also played terrible this year.... but Mudiay is a bum. Mudiay is the only one that averaged 12 and 11 pts a game his first two seasons... so much for being terrible. I can't wait too see the kid in a knick uniform

I have no problem with bringing Mudiay to NY, low risk, potentially high reward move. I am skeptical myself that he'll be an impact player. Has the worst defensive plus minus for a PG in the league, not to mention the sketchy offense these days. Im guessing that most of us are in the same boat. In favor of the trade, pleasantly surprised,
if Mudiay makes the most of his opportunity.

I wouldnt sweat it, we'll see him in action soon enough. Maybe this will help Frank be more assertive.

If the only positive from this move is that it helps Frank step up his game, then it would have been worth it. Id much rather see Mudiay help Frank flip the switch, so to speak, then see him fail in NY.

Mudiay pans out in NY, you will have plenty of opportunities to remind everyone.

My thing is I can't even say anything bad about the kid because guys are ****ting on him so bad. Yeah I understand his flaws, but let's be real, he's better than Frank and has been better since hee came in the league. Frank sucks so that's not saying much. Still Mudiay is our best penetrator and finisher from the guard spot. It's a good thing we should be looking forward to it.

Mudiay is our best penetrator and finisher...lmao


It's weird but Mudiay is the only one that has a low light video not made by draft express. So clearly there are haters. Frank doesn't even try to finish so there won't ever be a video

You know why I'm here....
newyorknewyork
Posts: 27706
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
2/11/2018  10:36 AM
EnySpree wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Everyone who wanted to draft Mudiay, man up!

I am glad Jackson didn't listen to me on this one. However, I'm glad we got him on the cheap. Sometimes a change of scenery does the trick.

Agree, and props to everyone who admitted wanting to pick him as well, Dont remember that many posters wanting Mudiay.
I agree that a change of scenery might do him good.

I find it ridiculous that guys are quick to say he sucks but are willing to give Frank the starting spot.... Frank is horrible so far. Also alot of guys wanted Willy to start when he also played terrible this year.... but Mudiay is a bum. Mudiay is the only one that averaged 12 and 11 pts a game his first two seasons... so much for being terrible. I can't wait too see the kid in a knick uniform

I have no problem with bringing Mudiay to NY, low risk, potentially high reward move. I am skeptical myself that he'll be an impact player. Has the worst defensive plus minus for a PG in the league, not to mention the sketchy offense these days. Im guessing that most of us are in the same boat. In favor of the trade, pleasantly surprised,
if Mudiay makes the most of his opportunity.

I wouldnt sweat it, we'll see him in action soon enough. Maybe this will help Frank be more assertive.

If the only positive from this move is that it helps Frank step up his game, then it would have been worth it. Id much rather see Mudiay help Frank flip the switch, so to speak, then see him fail in NY.

Mudiay pans out in NY, you will have plenty of opportunities to remind everyone.

My thing is I can't even say anything bad about the kid because guys are ****ting on him so bad. Yeah I understand his flaws, but let's be real, he's better than Frank and has been better since hee came in the league. Frank sucks so that's not saying much. Still Mudiay is our best penetrator and finisher from the guard spot. It's a good thing we should be looking forward to it.

Mudiay is our best penetrator and finisher...lmao


It's weird but Mudiay is the only one that has a low light video not made by draft express. So clearly there are haters. Frank doesn't even try to finish so there won't ever be a video

I did think it was weird to see a low light video from Knicks film school. So I checked out their profile (The Knicks Wall). And they do have a Frank low light video.

Thoughts on Mudiay?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.