[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thoughts about Luke Kornet?
Author Thread
FrenchFreak
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7568

2/7/2018  7:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2018  7:26 PM
I don’t watch Westchester games so I’m curious what people think of Kornet’s potential. He’s 22, 7’1 and shooting 44% from 3 in the G league. That’s a major improvement over his college shooting numbers.

He’s on a two way deal so it sounds like we might see him a bit between now and the end of the season. Can he stick in the NBA as a stretch 5? Can he guard anybody?

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2018  7:56 PM
FrenchFreak wrote:I don’t watch Westchester games so I’m curious what people think of Kornet’s potential. He’s 22, 7’1 and shooting 44% from 3 in the G league. That’s a major improvement over his college shooting numbers.

He’s on a two way deal so it sounds like we might see him a bit between now and the end of the season. Can he stick in the NBA as a stretch 5? Can he guard anybody?

His upside is a shotblocking Steve Novak. There's definitely a role for him somewhere as a niche player. He can't really guard the perimeter and he needs to develop his strength a bit more.i think Hicks is the better project, but we'll see...
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/7/2018  8:05 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
FrenchFreak wrote:I don’t watch Westchester games so I’m curious what people think of Kornet’s potential. He’s 22, 7’1 and shooting 44% from 3 in the G league. That’s a major improvement over his college shooting numbers.

His upside is a shotblocking Steve Novak. There's definitely a role for him somewhere as a niche player. He can't really guard the perimeter and he needs to develop his strength a bit more.i think Hicks is the better project, but we'll see...

Thats pretty much it.... I think Kornet loves the game and will compete. He's a 3 and d guy... basically a poor mans KP. He can run the floor just not good recovering on defense on the perimeter. His lateral quickness just isn't there. We'll see though...

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2018  8:05 PM
Saw him play and he is skinny but skilled and can shoot.
Hicks IM mixed. He was solid but did not stand out in any particular area. Has the Carolina pedigree.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2018  8:20 PM
Nalod wrote:Saw him play and he is skinny but skilled and can shoot.
Hicks IM mixed. He was solid but did not stand out in any particular area. Has the Carolina pedigree.

I think I'm higher on Hicks because of his potential versatility in small ball lineups. I wish he had three-point range tho. Kornet is skilled, but I think he still projects as a one position player. The shooting stroke is intriguing and could net him a few years in the league. Guys like Brad Lohaus got by with the same skill set and this is an age where everybody loves the three.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  10:16 AM
Glad to see the G-league guys getting some PT. Not this way though. Of all them, Dotson seems the most intruiging. I will be surprised if Kornet sticks, but Im glad he might get his shot.
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

2/8/2018  11:04 AM
I've watched a lot of Kornet and he is definitely not shy about shooting the three. He is however slow and weak looking out there. Imagine a slower version of KP with less fire and less blocks.
I also think that Hicks has a better chance of making the leap.
Nigel Hayes has a chance too, although he's not one of our 2 way players. He's very versatile.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/8/2018  11:07 AM
I'd be happy if Luke Kornet turned out to be Michael Doleac
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  11:12 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I'd be happy if Luke Kornet turned out to be Michael Doleac

Doleac was a very good interior defender. I remember Shaq saying he was the best backup center he ever had, until Zo.

I guess Kornet can draw some bigs out of the paint with his 3pt shooting. If he can pass, all the better.

Thoughts about Luke Kornet?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy