[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Expect Kristaps to be out a full calender year... we'll be in the lottery this year and next
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/7/2018  4:38 PM
It's an ACL of our young star... ACL injuries usually take 6-8 months to heal. What are we rushing him back for? He could come back just like Jabari Parker.... around the all-star break. Can't expect more than that....

This year be cause of the circumstances... we have to prepare for the draft. We gotta play our young guys and trade whoever won't help us in 2 years.

We'll get a lottery pick this year, and a lottery next year.

Welcome to the Scott Perry rebuild by fire!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

2/7/2018  4:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:It's an ACL of our young star... ACL injuries usually take 6-8 months to heal. What are we rushing him back for? He could come back just like Jabari Parker.... around the all-star break. Can't expect more than that....

This year be cause of the circumstances... we have to prepare for the draft. We gotta play our young guys and trade whoever won't help us in 2 years.

I think the rules of the lottery are changing to diminish the attractiveness of tanking. This may be the last year tanking affects your chances significantly.

EnySpree

2/7/2018  4:59 PM
fwk00 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:It's an ACL of our young star... ACL injuries usually take 6-8 months to heal. What are we rushing him back for? He could come back just like Jabari Parker.... around the all-star break. Can't expect more than that....

I think the rules of the lottery are changing to diminish the attractiveness of tanking. This may be the last year tanking affects your chances significantly.

Why do we have to tank? We can still prepare... our time officially wont start till the 2019/20 season.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/7/2018  5:26 PM
If anything it will give a chance for Frank and our 2018 pick to grow. Next year needs to focus on those 2 players in particular, and reintegrating Porzingis after the 1st of the year. Then the expectation in 2019/2020 will be to make the playoffs for real. 2018 guy in year 2, Frank in year 3, and Porzingis 24 years old and ready to lead a playoff team. Other pieces in place to compliment this group. That is my expectation.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2018  5:51 PM
Knixkik wrote:If anything it will give a chance for Frank and our 2018 pick to grow. Next year needs to focus on those 2 players in particular, and reintegrating Porzingis after the 1st of the year. Then the expectation in 2019/2020 will be to make the playoffs for real. 2018 guy in year 2, Frank in year 3, and Porzingis 24 years old and ready to lead a playoff team. Other pieces in place to compliment this group. That is my expectation.

Yes absolutely. I'd tell KP to take as long as he wants to come back in 2019, preferably way after all-star break.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/7/2018  7:29 PM
fwk00 wrote:

only if you are tanking for the #1 pick. Knicks prob would be happy with a top 4 pick.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
EnySpree

2/7/2018  8:12 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:If anything it will give a chance for Frank and our 2018 pick to grow. Next year needs to focus on those 2 players in particular, and reintegrating Porzingis after the 1st of the year. Then the expectation in 2019/2020 will be to make the playoffs for real. 2018 guy in year 2, Frank in year 3, and Porzingis 24 years old and ready to lead a playoff team. Other pieces in place to compliment this group. That is my expectation.

Yes absolutely. I'd tell KP to take as long as he wants to come back in 2019, preferably way after all-star break.

He could skip the whole year actually.... if it came to that I'd be fine with it. My whole gripe this season was getting KP help now while he's coming into his own. He needs the playoffs now.... things change cuz of guys injury. We have to make a hard reset while he's on the sideline. This year now and next year, the Knicks are going to be all about developing players... finding going guys that want to play hard on both ends... hey more athletic and skilled

Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/7/2018  8:20 PM
It will be interesting to see what player comes back. I expect a stronger player, with more lower body strength and maybe an additional 20 pounds of muscle. Hopefully Gaines Jr will have found a few complimentary gems to fill out the squad.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2018  8:22 PM
KP comes back when its prudent. How do we as fans even get on this? we don’t know the extent of the injury?
Medical staff calls him “the lizard” because he heals quick. Unicorns do this!
Don’t rush him, but at the same time, when he is ready, play him.
Expect Kristaps to be out a full calender year... we'll be in the lottery this year and next

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy