USA
2/7/2018  3:18 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2018  3:20 PM
Guess Hicks is the next man up.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

2/7/2018  3:21 PM
I know that Kornet and Hicks have been practicing with the team and I'm hoping that one or both of them have been impressive. Looking for a silver lining somewhere.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/7/2018  3:42 PM
reub wrote:I know that Kornet and Hicks have been practicing with the team and I'm hoping that one or both of them have been impressive. Looking for a silver lining somewhere.

Are they better than Willy was?
So underwhelming...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2018  3:54 PM
Panos wrote:
reub wrote:I know that Kornet and Hicks have been practicing with the team and I'm hoping that one or both of them have been impressive. Looking for a silver lining somewhere.

So underwhelming...

Apparently so. Why didn't willy go down and play?
WE dumped him. Why? because Perry wants little in return? He took a the smallest offer to embarrass him? nope.

fwk00
Member: #6048

2/7/2018  4:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I'm liking it.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/7/2018  4:23 PM
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

It's only underwhelming if you were expecting a homerun from a guy that's making minimum salary. We're you expecting a first rounder? You expected Charlotte to give up a lottery pick for Willy?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2018  4:26 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

It's only underwhelming if you were expecting a homerun from a guy that's making minimum salary. We're you expecting a first rounder? You expected Charlotte to give up a lottery pick for Willy?

I thought we would keep him or trade him to a team that is in the play offs looking for some youth up front. Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee. I find it hard to believe there wasn't a better offer than a pair of far future 2nd round picks - which are worthless to this organization when you consider Dotson is crap and can't play on a lottery team treading water.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/7/2018  4:30 PM
franco12 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

I thought we would keep him or trade him to a team that is in the play offs looking for some youth up front. Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee. I find it hard to believe there wasn't a better offer than a pair of far future 2nd round picks - which are worthless to this organization when you consider Dotson is crap and can't play on a lottery team treading water.

Why the hell are you attacking Dotson? What is the point of that? This is going to be a LONG term process so you better buckle up for the ride. There’s not going to be any quick fixes. Let’s wait and see what else they do.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/7/2018  4:39 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

If we had played Willy at Westchester maybe we would have seen a reason to keep him...or maybe showcase him to other teams.

Not playing him AT ALL, even in the Westchester, was was a major mistake and showed some shortsightedness that is alarming. Remember, Willy was Mills' boy...his "discovery," and after winning some rookie awards, we put him in a closet and give him up for very little.

What is underwhelming is their forethought in dealing with Willy...which seems to have been non-existent.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2018  4:47 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

If we had played Willy at Westchester maybe we would have seen a reason to keep him...or maybe showcase him to other teams.

Not playing him AT ALL, even in the Westchester, was was a major mistake and showed some shortsightedness that is alarming. Remember, Willy was Mills' boy...his "discovery," and after winning some rookie awards, we put him in a closet and give him up for very little.

What is underwhelming is their forethought in dealing with Willy...which seems to have been non-existent.

I haven't read or seen anything reported but I don't think Willy had a good relationship with Jeff. Jeff was very quick to move onto Kanter when it was expected Willy would start coming into the season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/7/2018  4:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:
So underwhelming...

I expected something more than nearly zero, yes

Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
2/7/2018  5:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2018  5:32 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

Giving one of the Westchester Knicks a chance - why not. They may join the team and they may or may not get playing time. Here are the stats

Rk Player G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Trey Burke 26 37.0 9.9 20.2 .489 2.7 6.3 .418 7.2 13.9 .521 4.2 5.0 .831 0.6 2.7 3.3 5.3 2.0 0.2 2.7 1.8 26.6
2 Damyean Dotson 11 35.2 6.9 14.2 .487 2.3 5.7 .397 4.6 8.5 .548 1.8 2.4 .769 0.4 5.7 6.1 2.5 1.0 0.1 2.5 1.8 17.9
3 Luke Kornet 33 32.2 5.9 12.2 .484 2.6 5.9 .439 3.3 6.3 .527 1.5 1.8 .800 1.2 4.9 6.1 2.4 0.7 1.5 1.5 2.1 15.9
4 Xavier Rathan-Mayes 35.6 6.0 13.9 .429 1.6 4.7 .344 4.4 9.3 .472 2.3 3.8 .590 0.9 5.5 6.4 7.0 2.0 0.1 3.0 2.6 15.8
5 Isaiah Hicks 34 29.3 5.9 10.3 .575 0.0 0.1 .250 5.9 10.2 .579 3.3 4.1 .807 2.7 5.3 7.9 1.5 0.9 2.0 2.1 4.0 15.2
6 Nigel Hayes 33 35.1 5.7 12.5 .458 2.3 5.1 .446 3.5 7.4 .465 1.4 1.9 .726 1.1 5.5 6.7 1.9 1.3 0.2 1.8 2.2 15.1
7 Ron Baker
I can't make the table come out readable so here is the link for the Westchester Knicks stats:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/teams/WES/2018.html
A couple of things to note:
Luke Kornet shot 43.9% from 3 pt range and took 5.9 3 pt shots per game in 33 games. If he can do that for the Knicks, he would be a great addition. Also he is a 7'1" PF so a similar player as Porzingis - obviously not as accomplished.
Second, as brought up, why didn't Willy get some playing time at Westchester to keep in shape and develop? Was it the Knicks mgmt or did Willy refuse? I don't know. Other players played there. Trey Burke, a former lottery pick; Dotson; Ron Baker; and even Noah played 1 game there.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2018  5:37 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

I don't think Westchester would have upped his trade value. Maybe it would help him developmentally,but I think teams only care about his NBA value. He's already been scouted plenty. Maybe we should've played him more on the big club. Honestly, did you think he showed supreme effort in the minutes he did get? Say what you want about Baker and Dotson, they play like their careers are on the line in the few minutes the few minutes they receive.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub

2/7/2018  5:37 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

I'm betting that they never played Willy at Westchester so as not to anger KP. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Welpee
Member: #6239

2/7/2018  5:43 PM
reub wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

I'm betting that they never played Willy at Westchester so as not to anger KP. It's the only thing that makes sense.

So they didn't send him to the G league to keep KP happy, but then they trade him? Not logical.
reub

2/7/2018  5:45 PM
Welpee wrote:
reub wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

So they didn't send him to the G league to keep KP happy, but then they trade him? Not logical.

Umm. Things have changed somewhat since yesterday.

reub

2/7/2018  5:53 PM
Kornet looks slow and weak from when I've seen him play.
Hicks might have a chance.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/7/2018  6:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Panos wrote:

So underwhelming...

I don't think Westchester would have upped his trade value. Maybe it would help him developmentally,but I think teams only care about his NBA value. He's already been scouted plenty. Maybe we should've played him more on the big club. Honestly, did you think he showed supreme effort in the minutes he did get? Say what you want about Baker and Dotson, they play like their careers are on the line in the few minutes the few minutes they receive.

b
I thought he really looked out of sync, to be honest.

I'd really like to see what he was like in training camp, when he must have felt he was competing for time.

At Westchester he could have worked on his shot in game situations and kept himself in shape. We know he hit a few 3s in the past, maybe that is something he could have worked on.

I just feel that even if you look at him as just a trade asset, we did not do a very good job keeping his value up.

My gut feeling is still that he will turn out to be somebody we regret giving up. Time will tell.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knicks are waiving O'Bryant

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy