If you can get a top 5 pick for Porzingis in this draft, trade him
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/6/2018  11:24 PM
I know he is young. Still.

Hurt every season. Little nicks, and now this.

He may grow into his frame, and not be so clumsy.

But three years in, and soon we have to lock up big dollars.

If I am making the call- my opinion- you trade him for a top five pick in this year's draft, straight up, don't look back.

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

2/6/2018  11:27 PM
franco12 wrote:I know he is young. Still.

Hurt every season. Little nicks, and now this.

He may grow into his frame, and not be so clumsy.

But three years in, and soon we have to lock up big dollars.

If I am making the call- my opinion- you trade him for a top five pick in this year's draft, straight up, don't look back.

Ship has sailed, We will get pennies now. We just have to hope when he returns in 2019-20 he is healthy. The scary thing that I hate is dickhead Janis is going to be negotiating a max deal with us before he is healthy. Im convinced we will never be good again. No matter what things go wrong with this franchise.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

2/6/2018  11:29 PM
He should return next year, 2019, not 2020. We'll be able to see him play half a season before giving him the max contract.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
nychamp
Member: #2556

2/7/2018  12:05 AM
Yes.
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/7/2018  12:37 AM
Too late. We're stuck with the Porzingis brothers for the foreseeable future. Could turn into rebaked Melo.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2018  12:41 AM
man, Knicks draft a unicorn, budding all-star type who fits exactly the modern NBA and he goes down in a freak accident that quite frankly can happen to ANY player in the NBA and trades are already being proposed.

That is some pathetic fandom going on IMO

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/7/2018  12:58 AM
martin wrote:man, Knicks draft a unicorn, budding all-star type who fits exactly the modern NBA and he goes down in a freak accident that quite frankly can happen to ANY player in the NBA and trades are already being proposed.

Like rats deserting a sinking Porzingis...

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/7/2018  1:05 AM
martin wrote:man, Knicks draft a unicorn, budding all-star type who fits exactly the modern NBA and he goes down in a freak accident that quite frankly can happen to ANY player in the NBA and trades are already being proposed.

Giannis planted himself under KP while he was trying to land. Didnt believe he was that type of player. Was avoidable.

martin
USA
2/7/2018  1:07 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Giannis planted himself under KP while he was trying to land. Didnt believe he was that type of player. Was avoidable.

I've had so many injuries that I can't watch any replays. ACL among them.

1 year, KP will bounce back unless it's more complicated than a normal ACL.

GustavBahler

2/7/2018  1:11 AM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Had my share as well, lucky to avoid ACL tears. Still hard to watch.

martin
USA
2/7/2018  1:12 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

so Giannis came under him in an avoidable way?

GustavBahler

2/7/2018  1:16 AM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Just as KP was about to come down, Giannis stood his ground under him. KP had nowhere to go. The play was over, no reason for it. Check it out.

martin
USA
2/7/2018  1:20 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Just as KP was about to come down, Giannis stood his ground under him. KP had nowhere to go. The play was over, no reason for it. Check it out.

I can't, I get all Nancy-pants lol

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/7/2018  3:38 AM
These threads are so dumb. Not trading him. This isn't going to affect him long term. He will recover fine.
Jmpasq

2/7/2018  6:16 AM
Knixkik wrote:These threads are so dumb. Not trading him. This isn't going to affect him long term. He will recover fine.

Really, check out this and tell me that
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22351198/fallout-kristaps-porzingis-acl-tear-nba

The player we saw at the start of the season is gone for good, That injury ends all improvement we are lucky if he is ever this good again

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

2/7/2018  6:19 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:He should return next year, 2019, not 2020. We'll be able to see him play half a season before giving him the max contract.

Either way its very bad for the Knicks. If he comes back and returns to form it ends any chance of tanking for the 1st pick. If he doesn't he may play on the qualifying offer and then leave. I knew we should of traded him, Jackson was right
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2018  6:27 AM

He's fallen a number of times this year, where I think we were worried that he could be hurt. He's just an abnormal height, and kinda clumsy.

But, even if he comes back fully healed, he still has a load of questions- can he be that player we saw in November?

And those questions come right when we need to give him a max contract.

I believe it is time to reassess, and start at looking at starting over on our rebuild.

If there is a team that is willing to trade us a top five pick in this draft, let them answer the questions about Porzingis, and let us go in a new direction, starting over.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2018  7:06 AM
That top pick might be Oka4, Or Kwame Brown, or Anthony Bennet, or worse
He also might have. Bad injury like Fultz.
Or Jabari Parker do hs leg twice. So man players do their ACL.
“I knew it”.........
“I knew we should have traded him”.......
We all feared eve with his problems KP was too good to be true.
Kid is 22, he will get paid, He’ll miss First two months of season and be back.
Stop feeling sorry for yourselves. Spring training is in a few weeks.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/7/2018  8:42 AM
Just as Phil Jackson feared right after Porzingis was drafted, players that tall and that lanky are extremely susceptible to injuries. Indeed, he has missed 26 games in his first two seasons, the most potentially serious being an Achilles tendon strain last season.

He routinely gets bullied at every turning.

Despite his size, KP is relatively ineffective when playing the low post.

He’s apt to get faked off his feet by smaller players in the paint

https://deadspin.com/phil-jacksons-favorite-stooge-tries-to-sell-a-kristaps-1796327206

Wanna read something weird? Read this article poking holes in what Jackson supposedly believed when he wanted to trade KP. Literally the laundry list of criticisms he has now. Not saying Jackson was the best, but maybe he was onto something back then.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/7/2018  8:52 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:These threads are so dumb. Not trading him. This isn't going to affect him long term. He will recover fine.

Really, check out this and tell me that
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22351198/fallout-kristaps-porzingis-acl-tear-nba

The player we saw at the start of the season is gone for good, That injury ends all improvement we are lucky if he is ever this good again

You are acting like its the 80s. ACL injuries aren't what they used to be. Guys recover and are just fine. He's not a speedy guard, he will recover and continue to improve like any young player. Talk about overreaction.
If you can get a top 5 pick for Porzingis in this draft, trade him

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy