[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Biggest issue with this team....
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

2/6/2018  9:50 AM
Consistency!

How many games dose KP look like a superstar for one or two quarters then puts up duds for two or three quarters.

Timmy, are we getting brick city Timmy or super star Timmy.

Lee, are we getting good defense and hit open looks Lee or bad defense, brick city Lee?

Kanter probably our most consistent player can look great or disappear from the offense... defense is still bad.

Jack orchestrator or shadow ?

Bench lacks consistency

Beasley one game superstar next dud.

Frank is young so he gets a pass

Mcbuckets looked like he turned a corner early this year and now can’t seem to hit his open looks.

Lance most consistent bench player is great on defense and marginal at all other areas of the game.

O’Quinn are we getting block party with PG skill passing or are we getting O’Quinn the clown

every game we never know what we are going to get from any of our players. We need to find more consistent role players to put around KP,and better vets guys that hold others accountable for lack of consistency...

Players on the block should be

Lee, he’s just not that good of a player. He lacks consistency, should be 9th man on playoff team if he has a good game he’ll help you win if not pull him out .

O’Quinn, good but lacks consistency, I’d much be him so I don’t get pressed to pay him.

If we can move those two for vets that can lead or first round picks that’s a step in the right direction....

AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/6/2018  10:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  10:25 AM
Disagree - at least to the extent that many of our players are putting up career numbers. They're actually playing BETTER than ever before.

When they produce at the levels that their careers dictate to this point, the Knicks lose.

The Knicks this year need to have good-great games for us to win. We'll give Jack a pass - he's old - but look at the rest of our player's production vs their career levels. Many of our guys are having career years statistically.
We've gotten better than career production out of KP, Kanter, THJr, Lee, O'Quinn.

But we're fading back down to career levels. McDermott and Beasley, have basically gone through some highs of looking like really productive players, but have basically regressed to their career averages.

All is not lost, our hope is that our young players will be setting new production baselines for future seasons.

In spite of coming down to earth a bit after his historically hot start to the season, KP will have had the experience of averaging 22ppg over the course of a whole season and carrying his team - albeit with mixed results. He'll go into the off-season with a more specific list of things to work than years prior, where if you asked him what he worked on, he'd probably say his conditioning or everything. This summer, as an all-star, he might say he's going to focus on seeing the floor better and creating for his teammates - as that's his biggest deficit.

Hardaway may see that he needs to improve his scoring so that he doesn't try to just shoot his way out of cold nights - that he gets scrappy and find ways to score closer to the basket - maybe work on a baby post game. At his best this year, he was looking like a borderline all-star. Since coming back from injury, he's been extremely inconsistent - which is basically who he was his entire career to this point.

Kanter's having an amazing year statistically, with career highs in 60%+FG, 87%+FT; his career high per 36 numbers for rebounding and assists (2.1apg this year vs 1.2apg career) show that he's more productive than ever before when he's on the floor. Is this a new baseline for the trimmed down Kanter?

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/6/2018  10:18 AM
Consistency is always an issue with rebuilding teams. Chemistry (lack thereof) factors into that as well.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/6/2018  11:22 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Consistency!

How many games dose KP look like a superstar for one or two quarters then puts up duds for two or three quarters.

Timmy, are we getting brick city Timmy or super star Timmy.

Lee, are we getting good defense and hit open looks Lee or bad defense, brick city Lee?

Kanter probably our most consistent player can look great or disappear from the offense... defense is still bad.

Jack orchestrator or shadow ?

Bench lacks consistency

Beasley one game superstar next dud.

Frank is young so he gets a pass

Mcbuckets looked like he turned a corner early this year and now can’t seem to hit his open looks.

Lance most consistent bench player is great on defense and marginal at all other areas of the game.

O’Quinn are we getting block party with PG skill passing or are we getting O’Quinn the clown

every game we never know what we are going to get from any of our players. We need to find more consistent role players to put around KP,and better vets guys that hold others accountable for lack of consistency...

Players on the block should be

Lee, he’s just not that good of a player. He lacks consistency, should be 9th man on playoff team if he has a good game he’ll help you win if not pull him out .

O’Quinn, good but lacks consistency, I’d much be him so I don’t get pressed to pay him.

If we can move those two for vets that can lead or first round picks that’s a step in the right direction....

with a "Glowing" write up about those guys, why would other teams want them? They are "inconsistent!"
I hear you and agree in large. Problem is Clee is very valuable to the team right now. I'd trade KOQ, Keep Willy on a short leash with Noah ready to play.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/6/2018  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  12:04 PM
Need a PG. A good pg like Jalen Brunson makes everyone better--shouldve just offered him last year and traded down slightly. Hes way way better than Frank. If you put Frank on Villanova would they be 23-1 #1 in scoring margin top with a top 5 overall offense and top 10 defense? No. Wingspan does not equate brains,
RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
2/6/2018  12:03 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Need a PG.

Frank will be fine. What we need is playmakers on the wing.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/6/2018  12:32 PM
Biggest problem is talent. It starts and ends there.

Any team that is relying on Courtney Lee to be a starter is in trouble.

We've got a plethora of marginal players, but no great ones. KOQ, Kanter, Willy- all flawed in some way.

KP is what, exactly? Young? Yes. Flawed? Yes. A franchise player? Maybe.

Ntilikina is a question mark at this stage of the season is to me troubling. Flashes of potential, but I think you could argue we saw similar potential from our last Frank, Frank Williams!

I used to think we had turned the corner.

I would always think - would I trade my franchise- all its assets, fo, coaches, draft picks for another franchise? I thought we were looking brighter, but at this stage, I might trade straight up for the Nets - I think they have a brighter future with a front office that is gaining traction moving forward, where we might be treading water, slowly drowning.

Frank N - potentially wasted draft pick.

KP - potential non-franchise player

Willy - no defense, can't get off the bench - possibly traded elsewhere.

Kanter - great player, but could turn into a maxed contract and I will not sign off on that

KOQ - potentially gone after this season (Deadline)

Dotson - can't get off the bench.

Hardaway Jr - potentially awful contract

Noah - disaster

Baker - doesn't belong in the NBA (except maybe as a coach)

McDermott - does he get a contract offer next year?

Jack - waiting for his AARP card

Trey Burke - one bright spot, marginally

Lee & Thomas - at best, journeymen role players.

Knixkik
USA
2/6/2018  12:40 PM
franco12 wrote:Biggest problem is talent. It starts and ends there.

We've got a plethora of marginal players, but no great ones. KOQ, Kanter, Willy- all flawed in some way.

Ntilikina is a question mark at this stage of the season is to me troubling. Flashes of potential, but I think you could argue we saw similar potential from our last Frank, Frank Williams!

I would always think - would I trade my franchise- all its assets, fo, coaches, draft picks for another franchise? I thought we were looking brighter, but at this stage, I might trade straight up for the Nets - I think they have a brighter future with a front office that is gaining traction moving forward, where we might be treading water, slowly drowning.

Kanter - great player, but could turn into a maxed contract and I will not sign off on that

Noah - disaster

I highlighted a problem here. Lee has been a starter his entire career, on several playoff teams. Having him as a starter right now is not the issue.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/6/2018  12:41 PM
Lack of a star point guard
Lack of a superstar (KP is more all star than superstar this year)
Too many players who aren't at their peak or have a niche role in the NBA
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/6/2018  12:43 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Need a PG.

Frank will be fine. What we need is playmakers on the wing.

I agree! Looking at games against teams with STUD Forwards this team gets outclassed at the SF spot and we don’t match up. In the plan Perry has to upgrade at SF and PF. BOSTON has Brown n Tatum as an example of the kind of Skill and Athletic Ability we lack.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/6/2018  12:50 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Noah - disaster

I highlighted a problem here. Lee has been a starter his entire career, on several playoff teams. Having him as a starter right now is not the issue.

by several, you mean 4?

How about any team relying on a 32 year old Courtney Lee to be a starter is in trouble? Courtney Lee is a nice player. And if we had better talent elsewhere, we might be able to get by with nice.

But we don't.

Knixkik
USA
2/6/2018  12:57 PM
franco12 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Noah - disaster

by several, you mean 4?

How about any team relying on a 32 year old Courtney Lee to be a starter is in trouble? Courtney Lee is a nice player. And if we had better talent elsewhere, we might be able to get by with nice.

But we don't.

If it's 4 thats fine, i knew it was multiple. He has been a starting player the majority of his career. He is one of those guys you can always look to upgrade, but will never be in trouble having him as a starter, because he's a starting caliber player no question.

Biggest issue with this team....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy