[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Teams needs shooting brains and athletic role players in that order
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/5/2018  6:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:We need a gm and a coach who will dedicate moving kp to 5 and going from there. Kp needs to take it upon himself to get better in the post.

Steve mills is an awful choice to run a franchise. An inflexible self aggrandizing stooge

MIRROR TEST

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/5/2018  8:22 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:Briggs,

I agree w/ your original thought, but here's what I'd add. Good 3 point shooting teams, might not be full of the actual best shooters; but they're typically made up of teams that can shoot and really move the ball really well. Look at Golden State and Purdue in college. Both at or near the top in 3 pt %, both teams pass the ball as well as anyone in their leagues. Next time you watch Purdue, focus on Dakota Mathias on both ends of the court. Perfect example.

Starting out with the best 3 point shooter in college basketball and the smartest PG who leads the best team is a pretty good start.

RIP Crushalot😞
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
2/5/2018  9:38 PM
I think that part is our dilemma is Managment (eg Dolan) but i want to give Perry a shot. Horny is gonna get replaced. Maybe Mark Jackson is the right guy. We cannot give up on KP. We see the softness, the lack of rebounding talent, lack is toughness but he’s 22 and can fill it up and block shots. His shortcomings isn’t the issue. It’s findinf the athleticism and leadership skills of our next players. I am old school to a fault. I still want a big but a new age big, rough, Sweet shooting touch and defensive oriented. Someone who Embiid will be on his toes to play against. Scoring guards are available. Always. Yet smarts ? That’s another matter. The look on Hardaway at times makes think he may be a excellent 6th man one day. He certainly shouldn’t be one of your top 3 players as this is a statement in itself. So get Trent or Brunson and make KP your 5. Send the vets packing. It’s a rebuild right ? Don’t pull the trigger on a FA until Noah resolved AND your backcourt improves markedly. I am not a Kanter fan. Sure I like his toughness but as long as he’s on the floor we can’t compete defensively and that will always matter. Let Frank develop, Dotson, Wily and Burke too
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/5/2018  10:16 PM
I’m a believer in the draft as the way to be a perennial playoff team. You can add FAs once the drafted talent comes into their own. Adding FA talent before the drafted talent becomes good player or great players hinders their progress.

Anyways I’m starting to think that nothing can help this team. It is what it is. I just don’t see this team ever winning a chip. They just do thing to ass backwards to ever get it right.

martin
USA
2/5/2018  11:38 PM
Vmart wrote:I’m a believer in the draft as the way to be a perennial playoff team. You can add FAs once the drafted talent comes into their own. Adding FA talent before the drafted talent becomes good player or great players hinders their progress.

Anyways I’m starting to think that nothing can help this team. It is what it is. I just don’t see this team ever winning a chip. They just do thing to ass backwards to ever get it right.

That's cause you are too impatient.

Start with KP as ground zero. Start with Stephen Curry as ground zero.

Took GSW until the 4th year of Stephen Curry to get above .500. GSW/Curry's first season wins: 26, 36, 23, 47.

Knicks still moving in the right direction but have much work to do. Next 2 seasons of trades and FA's and drafts and development are super key.

BRIGGS
2/5/2018  11:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2018  11:41 PM
Paris907 wrote:I think that part is our dilemma is Managment (eg Dolan) but i want to give Perry a shot. Horny is gonna get replaced. Maybe Mark Jackson is the right guy. We cannot give up on KP. We see the softness, the lack of rebounding talent, lack is toughness but he’s 22 and can fill it up and block shots. His shortcomings isn’t the issue. It’s findinf the athleticism and leadership skills of our next players. I am old school to a fault. I still want a big but a new age big, rough, Sweet shooting touch and defensive oriented. Someone who Embiid will be on his toes to play against. Scoring guards are available. Always. Yet smarts ? That’s another matter. The look on Hardaway at times makes think he may be a excellent 6th man one day. He certainly shouldn’t be one of your top 3 players as this is a statement in itself. So get Trent or Brunson and make KP your 5. Send the vets packing. It’s a rebuild right ? Don’t pull the trigger on a FA until Noah resolved AND your backcourt improves markedly. I am not a Kanter fan. Sure I like his toughness but as long as he’s on the floor we can’t compete defensively and that will always matter. Let Frank develop, Dotson, Wily and Burke too

With KP at C Brunson and PG and Trent at shooter it would set the stage to surround that core with a combination of athleticism length drivers and other shooters(of which THJ can be one)OVER TIME. Id love to get Hutchinson too but it wont be realistic. With our cap space I might hold it to 1-2 yr contracts --and who knows what that is right now. Right now PLAY WILLY and DOTSON to see what they can bring the last 30. Playing the vets big minutes now like Jack has NO value.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/6/2018  12:01 AM
There is a bunch of good athletic players who might be there is rd 2--we could complete a trifecta--and we need it. A guy like Tyus Battle who's not even listed--he could be an athletic role player we can add. We put KP at C Brunson at PG Trent at shooter and then its MUCH easier to fill in the dots--a guy like Battle might be a batter nba player because of his athletic ability --and bad system he plays in and we can play more mobile.

Need to stay away from foreign players this year

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/6/2018  3:36 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Paris907 wrote:I think that part is our dilemma is Managment (eg Dolan) but i want to give Perry a shot. Horny is gonna get replaced. Maybe Mark Jackson is the right guy. We cannot give up on KP. We see the softness, the lack of rebounding talent, lack is toughness but he’s 22 and can fill it up and block shots. His shortcomings isn’t the issue. It’s findinf the athleticism and leadership skills of our next players. I am old school to a fault. I still want a big but a new age big, rough, Sweet shooting touch and defensive oriented. Someone who Embiid will be on his toes to play against. Scoring guards are available. Always. Yet smarts ? That’s another matter. The look on Hardaway at times makes think he may be a excellent 6th man one day. He certainly shouldn’t be one of your top 3 players as this is a statement in itself. So get Trent or Brunson and make KP your 5. Send the vets packing. It’s a rebuild right ? Don’t pull the trigger on a FA until Noah resolved AND your backcourt improves markedly. I am not a Kanter fan. Sure I like his toughness but as long as he’s on the floor we can’t compete defensively and that will always matter. Let Frank develop, Dotson, Wily and Burke too

With KP at C Brunson and PG and Trent at shooter it would set the stage to surround that core with a combination of athleticism length drivers and other shooters(of which THJ can be one)OVER TIME. Id love to get Hutchinson too but it wont be realistic. With our cap space I might hold it to 1-2 yr contracts --and who knows what that is right now. Right now PLAY WILLY and DOTSON to see what they can bring the last 30. Playing the vets big minutes now like Jack has NO value.

Do you like trent or Hutchison better in the first round? And do you see trent as a potential playmaker too or just a shooter ?

BRIGGS
2/6/2018  11:42 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Do you like trent or Hutchison better in the first round? And do you see trent as a potential playmaker too or just a shooter ?

I see Trent as a high level NBA shooter with athleticism. Hes not the playmaker or driver Hitchinson is but his skill from 3 point range is that good. Im equating this player to Klay Thompson.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/6/2018  12:11 PM
My 4 names in this draft for the KNICKS

#1 Gary Trent SG

#2 Jalen Brunson PG

#3 Chandler Hutchinson SF

#4 Tyus Battle Athetic wing

RIP Crushalot😞
Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/6/2018  4:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  4:56 PM
BRIGGS wrote:My 4 names in this draft for the KNICKS

#1 Gary Trent SG

#2 Jalen Brunson PG

I like that draft plan A LOT. What to do in the meantime? Approx. 30 games to go. Do we sit on our hands or try to do some minor things within reason that could build toward a better future?

Not sure if we can swing it but I'd love to see them clear 3, possibly 4 roster spots right away, maybe by buying out Noah, buying out or simply cutting Lance Thomas and trading both O'Quinn and Lee (tough because we'd have to bring back players in those two deals to equal salaries -- I'd be hoping for a lot of garbage we can just waive immediately, but I understand if that's not plausible). The 3 players I'd bring in: Cat Barber, Christian Wood and Brandon Ashley. I also wouldn't be against bringing in Khem Birch and Janis Timma from Orlando in some package (I see good value there), and I'd attempt to pry Antonio Blakeney from Chicago somehow. But say we only managed to import Barber, Wood and Ashley --

For the remainder of the year evaluate the following:

5 - Kanter
4 - KP
3 - THJ
2 - Dotson
1 - Burke
---------------------
5 - Hernangomez
4 - Wood
3/4 - Beasley
3/4 - Ashley (a player that could make Beasley expendable)
3 - McDermott
2/1 - Barber
2/1 - Ntilikina

Jack and Ron Baker OUT (Baker's injured anyway). That's a big rotation (12 guys) but in the interest of finding out who's a keeper and who's not, I'd be willing to run all 12 guys. I might even trim Beasley (maybe explain to him that he's already a keeper for next year --OR-- maybe he winds up going in a trade himself at the deadline here if we can get back enough value. Playing Beasley the rest of this season really does nothing for us--he's performed well and we already know what he can do. So do other teams out there). Things would work themselves out--start with the 12 then let the cream rise to the top--maybe Barber outplays Frank (and Dotson?), what if Barber turns out to be an even better pro than Burke?, maybe Ashley outplays McDermott (and makes us rethink bringing back Beasley next season), re-establish Hernangomez and build him back up to the player we saw last year, etc.. I honestly think this wouldn't be a bad plan right now--should've been executed weeks ago in fact. If we could somehow find a few keepers here with Barber, Wood and Ashley THEN ADD a Gary Trent and Jalen Brunson this summer, a nice fresh foundation would be laid.

Real quick on Trent Jr. -- just curious if he's more Dell Curry than Klay Thompson. Also, I'd really want to find out what I had with Dotson. How similar is he to Trent? Is Trent that much better? Same type of effective shooter in college + Dotson's looked real good in the G-League. Suppose we already have this type of player on board with Dotson? Maybe we could then take the best rugged big man at that spot in the draft instead, whether that's Carter, Robert Williams, McCoy, etc.. Or a legit SF in the lottery like Mikal or Miles Bridges. I'd also like to bring Dotson's value up to the point where we could consider trading him, maybe to the Bulls to bring back what might very well be an even better young 2G like an Antonio Blakeney. A lot of possibilities here.

BRIGGS
2/6/2018  4:51 PM
Finestrg wrote:

#1 Gary Trent SG

#2 Jalen Brunson PG

I like that draft plan A LOT. What to do in the meantime? Approx. 30 games to go. Do we sit on our hands or try to do some minor things within reason that could build toward a better future?

Not sure if we can swing it but I'd love to see them clear 3, possibly 4 roster spots right away, maybe by buying out Noah, buying out or simply cutting Lance Thomas and trading both O'Quinn and Lee (tough because we'd have to bring back players in those two deals to equal salaries -- I'd be hoping for a lot of garbage we can just waive immediately, but I understand if that's not plausible). The 3 players I'd bring in: Cat Barber, Christian Wood and Brandon Ashley. I also wouldn't be against bringing in Khem Birch and Janis Timma from Orlando in some package (I see good value there), and I'd attempt to pry Antonio Blakeney from Chicago somehow. But say we only managed to import Barber, Wood and Ashley --

5 - Kanter
4 - KP
3 - THJ
2 - Dotson
1 - Burke
---------------------
5 - Hernangomez
4 - Wood
3/4 - Beasley
3 - McDermott
2/1 - Barber
2/1 - Ntilikina

Jack and Ron Baker OUT (Baker's injured anyway). That's a big rotation (12 guys) but in the interest of finding out who's a keeper and who's not, I'd be willing to run all 12 guys. I might even trim Beasley (maybe explain to him that he's already a keeper for next year --OR-- maybe he winds up going in a trade himself at the deadline here if we can get back enough value. Playing Beasley the rest of this season really does nothing for us--he's performed well and we already know what he can do. So do other teams out there). Things will work themselves out--let the cream rise to the top--maybe Barber outplays Frank (and Dotson?), what if Barber turns out to be an even better pro than Burke?, maybe Ashley outplays McDermott, re-establish Hernangomez and build him back up to the player we saw last year, etc.. I honestly think this wouldn't be a bad plan right now--should've been executed weeks ago in fact. If we could somehow find a few keepers here with Barber, Wood and Ashley THEN ADD a Gary Trent and Jalen Brunson this summer, a nice fresh foundation would be laid.

Real quick on Trent Jr. -- just curious if he's more Dell Curry than Klay Thompson. Also, I'd really want to find out what I had with Dotson. How similar is he to Trent? Is Trent that much better? Same type of effective shooter in college + Dotson's looked real good in the G-League. Suppose we already have this type of player on board with Dotson? Maybe we could then take the best rugged big man at that spot in the draft instead, whether that's Carter, Robert Williams, McCoy, etc.. Or a legit SF in the lottery like Mikal or Miles Bridges. I'd also like to bring Dotson's value up to the point where we could consider trading him, maybe to the Bulls to bring back what might very well be an even better young 2G like an Antonio Blakeney. A lot of possibilities here.

C Wood has just kept getting better and better in the G league--when will a team realize how to use him in the NBA? What exactly do the KNicks have to lose?

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
2/6/2018  5:08 PM
BRIGGS wrote:C Wood has just kept getting better and better in the G league--when will a team realize how to use him in the NBA? What exactly do the KNicks have to lose?

Answer this first: why hasn't 1 team called him up or signed him to an offseason, non guaranteed contract?

Finestrg

2/6/2018  6:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  6:09 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:C Wood has just kept getting better and better in the G league--when will a team realize how to use him in the NBA? What exactly do the KNicks have to lose?

Answer this first: why hasn't 1 team called him up or signed him to an offseason, non guaranteed contract?

Who gives a flyin' F???!!!! What the hell kind of criteria is that to go by?? Why did the Dow Jones plummet over 1100 points yesterday? People are afraid of what they don't know, I don't know, and I don't care what anyone else thinks!!! Neither should you. Thing is they should know about this dude by now, he's only been ripping up the GL for the past few seasons. This guy's better than KOQ and 100X better than LT, NOT EVEN CLOSE..I've seen him play and see the value. End of story. And he has had cups of coffee in the NBA and performed well btw. Just hasn't been able to stick. Come on man, you know better than anyone that the NBA's a numbers game. Counting the GL (and the incoming drafted/select few undrafted players every year), there's just too many good players now and not enough teams and roster spots (which is why I brought up possible expansion the other day). The issue here is when there are better players available in the GL then there are on my favorite team's roster AND we stink! Clearly the case here.

martin
USA
2/6/2018  6:19 PM
Finestrg wrote:
martin wrote:

Who gives a flyin' F???!!!! What the hell kind of criteria is that to go by?? Why did the Dow Jones plummet over 1100 points yesterday? People are afraid of what they don't know, I don't know, and I don't care what anyone else thinks!!! Neither should you. Thing is they should know about this dude by now, he's only been ripping up the GL for the past few seasons. This guy's better than KOQ and 100X better than LT, NOT EVEN CLOSE..I've seen him play and see the value. End of story. And he has had cups of coffee in the NBA and performed well btw. Just hasn't been able to stick. Come on man, you know better than anyone that the NBA's a numbers game. Counting the GL (and the incoming drafted/select few undrafted players every year), there's just too many good players now and not enough teams and roster spots (which is why I brought up possible expansion the other day). The issue here is when there are better players available in the GL then there are on my favorite team's roster AND we stink! Clearly the case here.

KOQ, Kanter, KP, Willy. Who you sitting so that the coveted Woods get minutes that no other team in the league will touch?

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/6/2018  7:14 PM
martin wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
martin wrote:

KOQ, Kanter, KP, Willy. Who you sitting so that the coveted Woods get minutes that no other team in the league will touch?

Why not see if he can do it. WHiteside languished for a few years before he put it all together and now is one of the top C's in the league.

Worth a shot.

BRIGGS
2/6/2018  7:30 PM
Finestrg wrote:

#1 Gary Trent SG

#2 Jalen Brunson PG

5 - Kanter
4 - KP
3 - THJ
2 - Dotson
1 - Burke
---------------------
5 - Hernangomez
4 - Wood
3/4 - Beasley
3 - McDermott
2/1 - Barber
2/1 - Ntilikina

Jack and Ron Baker OUT (Baker's injured anyway). That's a big rotation (12 guys) but in the interest of finding out who's a keeper and who's not, I'd be willing to run all 12 guys. I might even trim Beasley (maybe explain to him that he's already a keeper for next year --OR-- maybe he winds up going in a trade himself at the deadline here if we can get back enough value. Playing Beasley the rest of this season really does nothing for us--he's performed well and we already know what he can do. So do other teams out there). Things would work themselves out--start with the 12 then let the cream rise to the top--maybe Barber outplays Frank (and Dotson?), what if Barber turns out to be an even better pro than Burke?, maybe Ashley outplays McDermott (and makes us rethink bringing back Beasley next season), re-establish Hernangomez and build him back up to the player we saw last year, etc.. I honestly think this wouldn't be a bad plan right now--should've been executed weeks ago in fact. If we could somehow find a few keepers here with Barber, Wood and Ashley THEN ADD a Gary Trent and Jalen Brunson this summer, a nice fresh foundation would be laid.

First off fine let me say you are easily a top poster on this site for a very long time. Highly knowledgable and respectful as well. That is a great great question I.e is Trent curry or Thompson. Fine I think Curry would be much better in this era-- he might be something like Thompson-- maybe Trent is in between those two. Will there be a better player at 11-12-- maybe. On top of which Trent hasn't shown a part of a near requirement( a dribble drive game) but looking at his hs tapes he has it in him. He's perfect two guard size 6-6 215 he's got long arms and a high level nba skill a potential elite shooter. I'm kind of looking T done of the better teams and looking at how we can assimilate. I have to think the plan is to move Kp to center and to increase the space Kp will get in the post if we surround with better perimeter players. I'm also very high on brunson as he runs the best offense so well and avg 20-5-3 shooting efg 65% now can he do that at 6.1/5 200 pounds in the nba? That's a question but I've thought yes for well over a year. A guy like Sexton is physically more imposing for a pg-- he's also a lock to go top 9 but is sexton a thinking mans player-- not yet. I might be willing to take more of a fit than a better talent. I also really like Hutchinson and battle as the athletic in between guys that would make brunson kp thj so much better-- but it's also not realistic -- maybe we can get involved with burton in free agency?well see

C. Wood. He plays well in a faster tempo I'm not sure why he doesn't play on the nba were not privvy to everything but in terms of gabe you'd think a team like the suns would pick h up knicks right now we have so many issues w big men -- wood is probably not a radar guy for the k icks

RIP Crushalot😞
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/6/2018  7:55 PM

#1 Gary Trent SG

#2 Jalen Brunson PG

Trent over Diallo or Bridges?
Like Mykhailiuk from Kansas and Jaylen Hudson from Florida in 2nd Round.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Finestrg

2/6/2018  9:13 PM
martin wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
martin wrote:

O'Quinn. I think he gets traded.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/6/2018  9:16 PM
martin wrote:

Its a deep state secret how good Christian Wood is!

Teams needs shooting brains and athletic role players in that order

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy