[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sorry but Horny had to go
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/4/2018  5:02 PM
Sucks... he simply has no handle on the roster. Everyone is frustrated. Guys that should be paying aren't. Guys that are playing shouldn't. We play not to win but to play defense. We are too talent for this. We're not a top 5 team in the east... but we are absolutely a 6 or 7th seed. We should be looking to make a trade to push us higher in the standings.... now were just going to spiral. It's such a waste to trade guys away for picks... Mark my words were going to be doing that for KP in his contract year. We're not trying to win. It's disgusting.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

2/4/2018  7:06 PM
EnySpree wrote:Sucks... he simply has no handle on the roster. Everyone is frustrated. Guys that should be paying aren't. Guys that are playing shouldn't. We play not to win but to play defense. We are too talent for this. We're not a top 5 team in the east... but we are absolutely a 6 or 7th seed. We should be looking to make a trade to push us higher in the standings.... now were just going to spiral. It's such a waste to trade guys away for picks... Mark my words were going to be doing that for KP in his contract year. We're not trying to win. It's disgusting.
I'm co-signing on this. I gave him a chance. I think we have more talent than the record reflects. I agree, he needs to go at the end of the season.
wargames
Member: #6053

2/4/2018  7:19 PM
This title being past tense is triggering me so much lol
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/4/2018  7:19 PM
EnySpree wrote:Sucks... he simply has no handle on the roster. Everyone is frustrated. Guys that should be paying aren't. Guys that are playing shouldn't. We play not to win but to play defense. We are too talent for this. We're not a top 5 team in the east... but we are absolutely a 6 or 7th seed. We should be looking to make a trade to push us higher in the standings.... now were just going to spiral. It's such a waste to trade guys away for picks... Mark my words were going to be doing that for KP in his contract year. We're not trying to win. It's disgusting.

Yeah its Hornacecks fault our 2 best players can't make free throws to put games away. Also Hardaway jr has to be the worst player ive ever seen in clutch situations. Porzingis is not going to stick around to play with these bums we should trade him before we lose him for nothing
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
KNICKSBIGCATS
Member: #3745

2/4/2018  7:31 PM
^^^^^THIS.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
Welpee

2/4/2018  7:57 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Yeah its Hornacecks fault our 2 best players can't make free throws to put games away. Also Hardaway jr has to be the worst player ive ever seen in clutch situations. Porzingis is not going to stick around to play with these bums we should trade him before we lose him for nothing
How many games do you think we've won because of his coaching?

If it were just one game you'd have a point. And I give him a pass on the mess last season. This season he seemed to have freedom to coach how he pleased without having to drag that ball and chain triangle offense around and we're still not getting it done. We continue to blow big leads and I don't think he's maximizing the talent on the roster. No, I don't expect this to be a 60 win team but we should be at least .500.

Are the Miami Heat really six games better than we are talent wise? The reality is Hornacek is living off that one good year he had as coach his first season in Phoenix. Other than that, all you have is a bunch of excuses why he hasn't won since.

EnySpree

2/4/2018  8:26 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

The game was lost in the first quarter... actually the game was lost 2 games ago. He shouldn't be fired for one game. Theres a body of work here.

McDermott hasn't hit a 3 since January 23rd.... yet he played almost twice as many minutes as Beasley. Beasley is averaging 12pts in 19 minutes with great percentages this year. He carried the team and actually won a few games by himself this year. What the **** is going on?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

2/4/2018  8:28 PM
wargames wrote:This title being past tense is triggering me so much lol

Yo man I have a huge problem with spell check on my phone. I type things correctly them I send it and it automatically corrects it still. I dunno why. That's why my posts have so many mistakes sometimes. It's annoying

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/4/2018  8:49 PM
One week Jeff is overachieving, now he's underachieving. Stay consistent.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/4/2018  9:16 PM
Roster is a mess with redundant players at Center and a complete lack of talent at PG and SF. Not the easiest roster to balance and work with.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/4/2018  9:24 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:Roster is a mess with redundant players at Center and a complete lack of talent at PG and SF. Not the easiest roster to balance and work with.
Good points. How many teams have 5 centers(if you count KP)plus a center on a two way contract. I think there is a good chance that Jeff is gone after this year but I don't think a change should be made in season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/4/2018  10:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Roster is a mess with redundant players at Center and a complete lack of talent at PG and SF. Not the easiest roster to balance and work with.
Good points. How many teams have 5 centers(if you count KP)plus a center on a two way contract. I think there is a good chance that Jeff is gone after this year but I don't think a change should be made in season.

There is no point, Anyway losing is whats best for this team. Just have top hope fate smiles on us and we get into the top 3

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/4/2018  10:57 PM
knickscity wrote:One week Jeff is overachieving, now he's underachieving. Stay consistent.

The fans have always been consistently good and highly supportive. The team it's owner managers and players have consistently been bad. Those are the only facts. It's ok for a fan to change opinion on the team-- they want them to win but they simply can't

RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/4/2018  11:13 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

There is no point, Anyway losing is whats best for this team. Just have top hope fate smiles on us and we get into the top 3

I do think he will be gone after the season is over. But, at some point, you've got to see some playing time for the youth. Why is Jack playing as much as he is at this point?

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/5/2018  8:15 AM
I have to agree. I like him but he has not shown that he can "grow" players or a team. Too many mistakes happening too often. They lack discipline, they are not progressing.

THjr walked off an said something to him yesterday. WE all recall what happened in Phoenix. He seems like a nice guy but there is evidence that guys have a real dislike for him...weird.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/5/2018  9:07 AM
He's certainly taking a dump with this team... is the thread title the new code for tanking?

THJr goes from great, eco-friendly over-achieving signing to clutchless loser.
KP starts as a juggernaut, becomes tired, now he's got no help to win games.
Kanter and KOQ are trade bait fodder...
McBuckets?

Oh, and Frankie's hurt... again.

Yawn... when does BRIGGS get a draft day sticky thread?

Welpee

2/5/2018  11:07 AM
Not an easy roster to work with if you're an average/mediocre coach. Hornacek hasn't shown me anything in two years that leads me to believe he's a top flight head coach.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/5/2018  11:25 AM
Funny how great coaches have great players.
Jeff last year had a core to start of Noah-Melo-Rose-KP-Lee
Now its Kanter-Kp-Jack-Lee-Timmy
new GM, New president and new youth commitment.
50 games in its a tale of two runs. So the last 20 games are awful.
Its frustrating as all get out for sure.
Really, its about expectations and what was the seasons objective. If Mills and Perry are content, fans think they are morons. If they want playoffs fans think they are morons if they mortgage picks and youth. Fans love rebuild but hate the pain.
Welpee

2/5/2018  12:13 PM
Nalod wrote:Funny how great coaches have great players.
Jeff last year had a core to start of Noah-Melo-Rose-KP-Lee
Now its Kanter-Kp-Jack-Lee-Timmy
new GM, New president and new youth commitment.
50 games in its a tale of two runs. So the last 20 games are awful.
Its frustrating as all get out for sure.
Really, its about expectations and what was the seasons objective. If Mills and Perry are content, fans think they are morons. If they want playoffs fans think they are morons if they mortgage picks and youth. Fans love rebuild but hate the pain.
One of the reasons I referenced Thibs, remember in Chicago when he was dealing with prime Rose being injured? Look at that roster he was working with yet he found a way to win in spite of what was going on. I still contend this roster has enough talent to at least be a .500 team.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/5/2018  12:22 PM
I’m judging Hornacek on what I believe he can control. Of course he can’t help that the roster isn’t perfect. That still leaves a LOT in his control. Knicks have been in a lot of games that came down to Execution, In Game Adjustments or poor starts. Just a lot of stuff that falls on the Coach.

Jeff seems to be unable to key in on what works! How many times has he gone away from plays that work or lineups or even players having a good game? He’s not a terrible coach which is why it’s hard to hold him at fault. Obviously he was doing a lot of things right but not consistently.

Sorry but Horny had to go

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy