[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Greg Monroe agrees sun's buyout
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/1/2018  3:32 AM

Greg Monroe and the Phoenix Suns have agreed upon a buyout.

Monroe is expected to receive significant interest from multiple teams for a contract for the remainder of the season.

Monroe was traded to the Suns by the Milwaukee Bucks earlier this season in the Eric Bledsoe trade.

Think this stuffs up our trade hopes for KOQ and Kanter- terrible news.

AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/1/2018  6:25 AM
I personally don’t want to see Kanter traded so I am good.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/1/2018  7:13 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Monroe is expected to receive significant interest from multiple teams for a contract for the remainder of the season.

Monroe was traded to the Suns by the Milwaukee Bucks earlier this season in the Eric Bledsoe trade.

He's likely going to Cleveland... no worries.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

2/1/2018  8:17 AM
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

He's likely going to Cleveland... no worries.

Damn. This development probably has an effect on the bidding war I was hopping to see between the Warriors and Cavs for O'Quinn.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/1/2018  8:17 AM
BroPez minutes also down bigly. He is expiring and not in Lakers plans.
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
2/1/2018  10:10 AM
Shows the market value (or lack of it) for double-double centers with real offensive skills. This hurts Kanter's value on the FA market, as the league has definitely moved away from the big dominant centers.

This seems to be an era where there's more value in a Marcus Camby (mobile, fleet footed center who could defend multiple positions and run the break) vs guys who could do damage in the post.

I was reading an article about how guys like Roy Hibbert fell off the map in his prime in spite of no notable nagging injuries. Al Jefferson had nagging injuries, but his lack of mobility finally did him in, as his lumbering up and down the court didn't fit. Here we go with Monroe, a big with strong passing skills but doesn't move great.

This also probably bodes well for the Knicks keeping Kanter long term (if we want him) as we'll like be able to bring him back for $15-18 per year... or less?!

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/1/2018  10:17 AM
technomaster wrote:Shows the market value (or lack of it) for double-double centers with real offensive skills. This hurts Kanter's value on the FA market, as the league has definitely moved away from the big dominant centers.

This seems to be an era where there's more value in a Marcus Camby (mobile, fleet footed center who could defend multiple positions and run the break) vs guys who could do damage in the post.

I was reading an article about how guys like Roy Hibbert fell off the map in his prime in spite of no notable nagging injuries. Al Jefferson had nagging injuries, but his lack of mobility finally did him in, as his lumbering up and down the court didn't fit. Here we go with Monroe, a big with strong passing skills but doesn't move great.

This also probably bodes well for the Knicks keeping Kanter long term (if we want him) as we'll like be able to bring him back for $15-18 per year... or less?!

I often wonder to myself if that Knicks finals run impacted the NBA toward the modern game?

With Camby as Camby and LJ as that stretch 4 multi positional defender. Spree and Houston on the wing. Ward at the point. Childs and KT off the bench.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/1/2018  10:22 AM
technomaster wrote:Shows the market value (or lack of it) for double-double centers with real offensive skills. This hurts Kanter's value on the FA market, as the league has definitely moved away from the big dominant centers.

Good points. Covers that whole argument.... everyone seems to want a KP type at center.

Not for nothing... there are alot of big men coming up in high school for some reason. Lots of 7 fters... there's a kid at Molloy thats 7 ft and a top recruit. They got the best point guard in the city too... I'm going to try catch a game

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Greg Monroe agrees sun's buyout

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy