[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Deandre Jordan? Asking for a friend...
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/29/2018  10:49 PM
Would you trade Noah and KOQ for Deandre Jordan?

Deandre Jordan is overrated.... but we have Noah who is a guy Doc Rivers could coach.... while KOQ could opt out. We might have to throw in a second rounder. I would do it.

This opens up the idea of trading Kanter. His contract is important. Playoff teams could really use him.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/29/2018  10:51 PM
EnySpree wrote:Would you trade Noah and KOQ for Deandre Jordan?

Deandre Jordan is overrated.... but we have Noah who is a guy Doc Rivers could coach.... while KOQ could opt out. We might have to throw in a second rounder. I would do it.

This opens up the idea of trading Kanter. His contract is important. Playoff teams could really use him.

LAC wouldn't

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

1/29/2018  10:56 PM
Is this a joke?
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/29/2018  11:02 PM
Your going to have to sacrifice a unprotected 1st rnd pick to unload Noah
ES
EnySpree

1/30/2018  12:07 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Your going to have to sacrifice a unprotected 1st rnd pick to unload Noah

Says who?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

1/30/2018  12:10 AM
VCoug wrote:Is this a joke?

No my friend wanted to know...

Besides... you think Deandre is that good of a player? What's a guy that can't score worth?

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/30/2018  12:27 AM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Your going to have to sacrifice a unprotected 1st rnd pick to unload Noah

Says who?

says a 32 yr old player who's way overpaid and has yet to show he is worth 25% of that contract

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/30/2018  3:33 AM
A more interesting/realistic question is would you trade Kanter for DeAndre Jordan? Personally I wouldn't, but I don't want to sign Kanter long term either
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/30/2018  6:52 AM

ummm would I trade a broken down bum who can't hit free throws for an All-Star Center that can't hit free throws, Yes. The Rim protection would be insane with Jordan and KP.
Can I ask you a question? Why would the Clippers do this deal without unprotected draft picks coming back. Even with them I'm not sure they do that deal they aren't that far off with those role players they have. They have the makings of a sick defensive team.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
VCoug

1/30/2018  7:06 AM
EnySpree wrote:

Besides... you think Deandre is that good of a player? What's a guy that can't score worth?

That good? You mean better than Joakim "worst contract in the NBA" Noah and KOQ? You must be trolling right now.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
EnySpree

1/30/2018  9:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2018  9:15 AM
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

That good? You mean better than Joakim "worst contract in the NBA" Noah and KOQ? You must be trolling right now.

I'm not trolling? If I'm trolling then you are cloning you jive turkey..... deandre Jordan is Tyson Chandler. He's not scoring unless someone throws him the ball towards the basket.

Noah is not the worse contract in the nba.... that would be Mike Conley and a few others. Noah is in the dog house. He still can play.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/30/2018  10:09 AM
Noah's contract is pretty bad, but so is Danilo Gallinari's, also with the Clippers - $65m/3 years (including this season - same time left as Noah's). He's younger and SHOULD be in his prime (age 29). his claim to fame is his in8 obsession with the number 8 - is that he wears the #8, and was born on 8/8/88.

So... with the Clippers rebooting, it seems as if their main priority is cutting salary at the moment. I can picture the Knicks talking a deal centered around:

DeAndre & Gallo for Kanter, Noah.

The devil is in the details - it depends on what other fillers are moving to/from.

It also depends on what type of draft pick compensation the Clippers would need (needless to say the Knicks should exercise lottery protection). Jack, McDermott, Beasley are all only under contract this season, so they're expendable. Lee has one more year on his deal on a relatively tradeable contract, so he could be on the go too.

The Clippers would have time to evaluate whether Kanter (age 25) is worthy of becoming the next cornerstone of the team and big contract, and if not they could let him go. Noah could take over DeAndre's mins in the short term. At 18mil/year, he's less costly than Gallo.

What do the Knicks get in the deal:
We jettison Noah's toxic presence. That should probably be our #1 priority. He'll sabotage us with free agent acquisitions, sabotage us during games. You need to give him an enemy on the opposing team, otherwise he'll get bored and turn his venom internally.

The Knicks get a player they coveted a few years ago in Jordan, giving the Knicks an unbelievable shotblocking tandem at the big man slots. He's also one of the few players superior at rebounding to Kanter. He's not so much of a post scorer, so we give up something here.

Gallo, when healthy, gives us a legit starting forward. He's a lights out shooter who can spread the court. His size will give the Knicks tremendous length with TWO 7 footers and a 6'10" players in their starting frontcourt. With his injury history, the Knicks will need to count on extra depth (well, we have Beasley, Lance, and McDermott at the moment) - and of course, hope Gallo's healthy come playoff time.

THJr to start at a more natural (for his size) SG position.

What don't we get:
Jordan and Gallo aren't well known for their playmaking, averaging only a little more than 3 assists/game combined for their careers. We'd have 3 frontcourt starters that basically average 4 assists among them. Not ideal. That puts extra pressure on our guards to get them them ball.
(At this moment I understand the lure of a young big like Julius Randle, who averages around 3.5apg per 36)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
1/30/2018  10:16 AM
i wouldn't even trade Baker for Jordan
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/30/2018  10:26 AM
IF you pay a guy max money and he can't close a game because he can't hit a FT then its a problem.
There is a reason why Clips did not advance as the on paper talent should have.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/30/2018  10:40 AM
kanter's salary is 6 mill less, he hits FTs and jumpers and is enough of a bruiser and finesse inside the paint to hold his own against 90% of the centers in the NBA. why would we get DeAndre Jordan. Unless of course we are thinking let KP stay out on the perimeter and only DJ man the paint.

Lets not forget that one of our better productive lineups on offense and defense has been with KP in limited mins at Center. If we are to play that lineup with Beasley at 4 even a few mins, I would definitely not want to spend more for the C position.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
VCoug

1/30/2018  10:51 AM
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I'm not trolling? If I'm trolling then you are cloning you jive turkey..... deandre Jordan is Tyson Chandler. He's not scoring unless someone throws him the ball towards the basket.

Noah is not the worse contract in the nba.... that would be Mike Conley and a few others. Noah is in the dog house. He still can play.

No, Noah can't play as he's shown each of the last 3 years. Not only can't he play he can't even stay healthy even when he's using steroids. Noah also can't score even if you throw him the ball towards the basket.

Nalod wrote:IF you pay a guy max money and he can't close a game because he can't hit a FT then its a problem.
There is a reason why Clips did not advance as the on paper talent should have.

We're paying Noah $18M/year and he can't hit FT or layups.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/30/2018  11:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2018  11:31 AM

The Clips would never take anything close to this. They would want draft picks plus an expiring or young talent.
KO would be part of a possible package. But no one is taking Noah. Regardless, think its a lateral move for us. IMO

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/30/2018  1:48 PM
Interestingly, what if we didn’t have to trade any picks, and instead the Spiritual Gasol Brother (Willy) is the centerpiece that’s bolted on to Noah? Let’s not forget that many folks ok UK and around the league considered him a lottery type talent after the season he had last year.

You get Deandre for 2 players that don’t get minutes - a huge win of a trade. You get a big man trio of Jordan, Kanter, and KP.

In a word unlikely, but it’s tough to say what folks think of a 23 year old mobile double double big man.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
MS
Member: #724
1/30/2018  2:12 PM
Our 1st rounder and Noah for Jordan would be a steal for the Knicks.

Having 18MM in cap space is extremely important, not this summer, but next summer when everyone is up.

I mean we were up in arms about potentially trading Frank, Melo and our number 1 this season for Irving. Christ we would have been set with KP, Irving, THJR

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/30/2018  6:26 PM
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

True, but you are talking about trading a player who can't score even when someone throws him the ball under the basket in Noah and another player who gets overpowered though to his credit he tries to fight through it in KOQ. Really, why would the clippers do this, what's in it for them?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Deandre Jordan? Asking for a friend...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy