[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Avery Bradley anyone ??
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
1/29/2018  9:56 AM
So I find it odd that one of the leagues premiere defensive lockdown guards is up for grabs by Van Gundy. Bradley is 27. He earns less than 9 million per. Given that Lee is 32 or Thomas for that matter, does bringing this vet on board makes sense? I’ve always liked AB. Why not get 5 years younger and save a few bucks ??
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/29/2018  10:30 AM
Paris907 wrote:So I find it odd that one of the leagues premiere defensive lockdown guards is up for grabs by Van Gundy. Bradley is 27. He earns less than 9 million per. Given that Lee is 32 or Thomas for that matter, does bringing this vet on board makes sense? I’ve always liked AB. Why not get 5 years younger and save a few bucks ??

Need to ask yourself if Knicks would resign Bradley long term, otherwise, why trade for him?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/29/2018  10:50 AM
Paris907 wrote:So I find it odd that one of the leagues premiere defensive lockdown guards is up for grabs by Van Gundy. Bradley is 27. He earns less than 9 million per. Given that Lee is 32 or Thomas for that matter, does bringing this vet on board makes sense? I’ve always liked AB. Why not get 5 years younger and save a few bucks ??

I am and have been a huge A.Bradley fan. This guy plays both sides of the ball especially on defense where he is top notch and he can shoot the 3 ball and take it to the rim. He can play both guard positions but is more of a SG to me.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/29/2018  11:03 AM
martin wrote:

Need to ask yourself if Knicks would resign Bradley long term, otherwise, why trade for him?

I like him but not really sure where he fits. Ntilikina, Bradley, and Hardaway at the 1, 2, and 3 could be good defensively but seems too undersized.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/29/2018  11:13 AM
He's a great 2 way guy. I saw Donovan Mitchell is a young Avery Bradley and I mean that in the most complimentary way. The problem is cost and he plays the same position as THjr, and how do you pay Bradley less? He's not a guy that can play the 3 so you bring him in and your asking TH to guard bigger longer guys which is less than ideal for our #2 scorer.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dwiley20
Member: #5755

1/29/2018  11:24 AM
We need him trade Oquinn for him....Bradley Lee duo on the defensive end would be Fire!!!!
Paris907
USA
1/29/2018  11:48 AM
Pistons Make Avery Bradley Available In Trade Talks
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/29/2018  11:53 AM
I am a big fan of Avery Bradley's game. That said, we would have to pay him a significant amount next year. I don't think paying him like he's our second or third best player makes nay sense at all
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/29/2018  12:03 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I am a big fan of Avery Bradley's game. That said, we would have to pay him a significant amount next year. I don't think paying him like he's our second or third best player makes nay sense at all

How much is he looking at, given the market? Is 20 mil out of the question? I agree, our cap and talent level isn't at a point to absorb that type of deal.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/29/2018  12:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2018  12:07 PM
Have always been a HUGE Bradley fan and given the way we have 1) played this year with Lee/Hardaway at SG/SF and 2) the way the league is trending (smaller) I think Bradley is a viable option for us. He turns 28 next Nov -- so a tad older than age range we are supposed to be targeting (25).

Pistons seem like they want the playoffs and they have already gone thru 2 SGs in letting go of KCP last summer and now potentially Bradley - both due to lack of desire/ability to lock either player up long term.

Maybe they combine desire to make playoffs and ability to lock a new SG up for a few years and they take C-Lee for Bradley/extras package.

Lee steps right in and does much of what Bradley does for them today and they have him on a reasonable contract thru next year.

Knicks I believe would retain Bradley's Bird Rights and could potentially lock him up somewhere in the range of what we paid Timmy.

Frank
Bradley
Timmy
KP
Kanter

Plus 1st round pick and Bulls pick would give us a nice solid nucleus to build around and we carve 4 years of C-Lee's age in this type deal.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/29/2018  12:09 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I am a big fan of Avery Bradley's game. That said, we would have to pay him a significant amount next year. I don't think paying him like he's our second or third best player makes nay sense at all

I would think a Timmy type deal is fair market for a 2-way player like Bradley who is both elite defensively and a very solid offensive player.

Anyone know if we would retain Bradley's bird rights and ability to go over CAP if we re-signed him?

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/29/2018  12:10 PM
They want something significant. Like either a lotto pick or are using him in a package deal for an even better player.

Lakers offer Clarkson for him straight up and they declined at the moment. Though IMO that deal makes sense for both sides.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Paris907
USA
1/29/2018  12:13 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Have always been a HUGE Bradley fan and given the way we have 1) played this year with Lee/Hardaway at SG/SF and 2) the way the league is trending (smaller) I think Bradley is a viable option for us. He turns 28 next Nov -- so a tad older than age range we are supposed to be targeting (25).

Pistons seem like they want the playoffs and they have already gone thru 2 SGs in letting go of KCP last summer and now potentially Bradley - both due to lack of desire/ability to lock either player up long term.

Maybe they combine desire to make playoffs and ability to lock a new SG up for a few years and they take C-Lee for Bradley/extras package.

Lee steps right in and does much of what Bradley does for them today and they have him on a reasonable contract thru next year.

Knicks I believe would retain Bradley's Bird Rights and could potentially lock him up somewhere in the range of what we paid Timmy.

Frank
Bradley
Timmy
KP
Kanter

Plus 1st round pick and Bulls pick would give us a nice solid nucleus to build around and we carve 4 years of C-Lee's age in this type deal.

Bradley boards too I think. I’m a defense oriented fan because over the years, once a team makes the playoffs, it’s defense that takes you further. Which leads us to Kanter. I feel that his defense won’t change and is a sore spot. A healthy Noah would make Kanter inconsequential as Noah was an excellent passer as well. If Wendell Carter can play D, or if there is a better center out there who is more athletic, can shoot beyond 12 feet play D and board all day long, then consider Kanter a means of securing our Sorely needed 3.

Paris907
USA
1/29/2018  12:23 PM
I was reading 'Knicks Trade Rumors: Pros and cons of pursuing Avery Bradley' on NY Basketball for iOS and I thought you might be interested in reading it too.
Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

1/31/2018  9:12 AM
Really like the thoughts of the original post. Sign me up for Bradley. Big fan of his game.
"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/31/2018  9:18 AM
Bretrobert1 wrote:Really like the thoughts of the original post. Sign me up for Bradley. Big fan of his game.
assuming he's healthy his market starts at $20mm per. So lets say we get a friendly deal of 4 years $85mm (he'll get more). You have Avery Bradly and THjr signed the next 3 years. You moving Tim? Playing him at the 3?

I like Bradly also but does he upgrade our talent enough to create another positional log jam? TH is better at SG than SF. Getting Timmy back to playing more SG will get more from him as well.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Avery Bradley anyone ??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy