[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

is this the starting line up for the knicks??
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/3/2004  5:19 PM
C -Nazr 6-10 250
PF Sweetney 6-8 260
SF Thomas 6-10 240
SG Crawford 6-5 190
PG Marbury 6-2 200
C Thomas 6-9 235
PF Baker 6-11 245
G Houston 6-6 225
G Hardaway 6-7 215

we really have no clue what roles ariza and andersen will have but they likely represent the best athletes on the team. Im not sure where jYD fits in--perhaps as a foul problem--spot energy injury depth type rotation guy?

then no doubt we want brewer sundov and norris riding the pine as much as possible.

when you look at it, its not really a fast team not a good defensive team but rtaher a team that is made up of skill players with the athletes and the enrgy players likely the odd men out anyway.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
9/3/2004  5:54 PM
I think KT starts at C with that line up. Although I want Sweetney to start, I wouldn't be surprised if KT starts at PF, and Baker starts at C.
JayNYC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #682
USA
9/3/2004  7:44 PM
I think Baker will start in the middle too, but Sweetney aint gon be starting i bet JYD gets the nod.. but Sweetney will get more minutes.

[Edited by - JayNYC on 09/03/2004 19:56:56]
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/3/2004  11:14 PM
Posted by Rich:

I think KT starts at C with that line up. Although I want Sweetney to start, I wouldn't be surprised if KT starts at PF, and Baker starts at C.

What did Nazr do to lose the starting center job? Shoot 57% as a Knick? Was it his one block every 24 minutes? What exactly did he do? Get dunked on by Richard Jefferson because Penny couldn't guard RJ? So what? Nazr is good!
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/3/2004  11:46 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Rich:

What did Nazr do to lose the starting center job? Shoot 57% as a Knick? Was it his one block every 24 minutes? What exactly did he do? Get dunked on by Richard Jefferson because Penny couldn't guard RJ? So what? Nazr is good!
He played bad defense. That's why he's never been an NBA starter. The starting lineup should be Marbury, Crawford, TT, Sweetney, Kurt.
rojasmas
Member: #639
9/4/2004  12:13 AM
I think the starting lineup will be Marbury, Crawford, TT, KT, Nazr. Vin plays even less defense than Nazr. JYD and Sweets come in as a tandem off the bench.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
BRIGGS
9/4/2004  12:32 AM
well it's a big worry of mine and why i have stayed conservative in my estimates of 43-44 wins as a top and a downside of 36-38.

I like our skill level and our depth. but that big hole going into the lane and what i perceive as to many slow and or poor defending wing players who will be in the core like penny h20 and TT.

and then to say you want to play jyd over baker--well i mean we should be who we are and vin is a better skill player MUCH better skill player than JYD and he represents the ONLY guy on the team who is above 6-10. I mean vin is playing. JYD to me is a guy we can use in spot circumstance--we need an energy burst--we have an injury etc.. other wise i dont want to see him taking any minutes from the core 4 frontline players. I would push Sweetney and Nazr with as big as minutes as I can get because I believe they hold the best potential for the club as compromised. something like sweetney 34 minutes nazr 27 minutes Thomas 20 minutes Baker 15. If Mike blows it, he can slide into kt's time spot and kT can move up.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
9/4/2004  12:43 AM
It's still a better team than the one that was above .500 last year with Marbury. And the team also "coincidentally" had its best month of the season without Mutombo

Height's overrated BTW. Sweetney has the wingspan of most 7 footers anyway

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 09/04/2004 00:44:43]
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/4/2004  12:57 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Rich:

He played bad defense. That's why he's never been an NBA starter. The starting lineup should be Marbury, Crawford, TT, Sweetney, Kurt.

I agree!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/4/2004  7:29 AM
Starting off with a line up of
Marbs/Craw(Assuming h20 is hurting)/TT/KT/Nazr

Sweets will crack the lineup by mid-december.
Bonn1997
USA
9/4/2004  8:34 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Rich:

I agree!
So do I!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 09/04/2004 08:35:01]
BRIGGS
9/4/2004  11:11 AM
height matters and sweetney's wingspan is smaller than ariza's. i also assume sweetney is barely 6-7 myself. this stuff about being over .500 with marbury means nothing. we were well below .500 with marbury when we faced western conference teams and got lucky when we faced a bunch of teams from the east who were tanking the end of the season. teams have changed quite a bit--as have the knicks so it's impossible to guage some sort of follow through from last season.

if height and length dont matter, i wonder how detroit LA san antonio have won the championship the last 5-6 years--with defense length and power. we have very litle of any of that. we do have a nice skill team albeit with some shaky older parts. i hope that the team plays well and perhaps improves during the season and gives us something of a legit chance at a run, but im also fearful of parts breaking down and being exploited inside all year
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
9/4/2004  11:25 AM
Posted by Rich:

KT at the center spot is a big mistake. If you guys recall when KT was at center the Knicks had absolutely no inside presence. Thats why they had to get Mutombo. When KT played center guards were taking it down the Knicks throat with out any effort. It was to easy. With a smaller version of KT the 225 pound player there is no way he can man the middle. I say stick with Nazr and Baker at the center spot. They have better wing span and their bodies are at this point made for the center position. Nazr is 6'10'' and 250 lbs. I think he will get better and better with more time. As for Baker I'm still not convinced he will bring it this year. But his height at 6'11'' is a plus and he has a decent post game something we can't say for KT who would rather stand 10-15 feet from the basket and hoist jumpers all day. If any thing KT is very overrated in his defense. I chalk that up to NYK fans overhyping what we have. He has weak help defense he doesn't get to his spots and he gets severly out played by superior athletes.

I'm a believer that KT isn't the answer for this team and moving him to the bench or trading him will be a positive for the KNicks. Addition by subtraction in the case of KT.
BRIGGS
9/4/2004  11:44 AM
im in agreement with that-- we dont have any good post defenders. That being said, id like to give mike sweetney and Nazr a very solid chance. what has KT done for us in the last 4 years starting at C? nothing hes tough hes got a nice J and positions himself well to make up for his lack of size and athletiscm. He's more valuable to me coming off the bench. I almost cringe thinking that this guy is going to start C--the guy weighed about 225-230 last year--thats what most 2 G weigh. Id go with Nazr and Sweetney with KT as the third hog[24 minutes or so] with Baker bringing 15 or so minutes. we dont want to get into a situation like Boston where they were so heavily dependant on Baker. Baker is older, he's been breaking down so it would behoove the knicks to keep his minutes down as a back up unless nazr and sweetney both melt--if they both melt--we will not win much more than 35 games. so we have a solid need for mike and nazr to continue playing very well w KT and Baker giving solid bench minutes.
RIP Crushalot😞
RonRon
Member: #246
9/4/2004  6:58 PM
may the best rebounder/defender win the most minutes at center. I think PT will be split on occasional nights and starting lineups will be changed back and forth during the league. Baker is probably the closest thing to a center we have, with nazr bad feet Im just not too sure. I saw baker play decent but not GREAAAT in boston. Who knows, maybe Sundov will emerge as a monster. hah
is this the starting line up for the knicks??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy