[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Cousins injury and knicks
Author Thread
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
1/27/2018  7:49 PM
Anyone think KO would make good trade bait to Pelicans now? No way the knicks can get their 1st rd pick right? Maybe if they package KO and Lee for 1st rd pick? I think Lee would fit in well with AD and Holiday. That would give Pelicans KO's bird rights to resign him as insurance for Cousins and Lee gives you 2 more solid years.
Kenny SkyWalker
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/28/2018  3:44 AM
SkyWalker wrote:Anyone think KO would make good trade bait to Pelicans now? No way the knicks can get their 1st rd pick right? Maybe if they package KO and Lee for 1st rd pick? I think Lee would fit in well with AD and Holiday. That would give Pelicans KO's bird rights to resign him as insurance for Cousins and Lee gives you 2 more solid years.

Didn't they trade their 1st to the Kings last year? Earliest they could trade would be their 2019, and I don't see them doing that now that Cousin's is gone and there's no guarantee they will be good next season (there were rumblings that the Unibrow might leave before Cousins got injured)

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/28/2018  12:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:
SkyWalker wrote:Anyone think KO would make good trade bait to Pelicans now? No way the knicks can get their 1st rd pick right? Maybe if they package KO and Lee for 1st rd pick? I think Lee would fit in well with AD and Holiday. That would give Pelicans KO's bird rights to resign him as insurance for Cousins and Lee gives you 2 more solid years.

Didn't they trade their 1st to the Kings last year? Earliest they could trade would be their 2019, and I don't see them doing that now that Cousin's is gone and there's no guarantee they will be good next season (there were rumblings that the Unibrow might leave before Cousins got injured)

The Stepien Rule only involves picks that have yet to occur. And as it stands the Pelicans have all of their first round picks moving forward, which allows them to trade any as they please within the construct of the rule.

I inquired about the possibility of acquiring their pick in another thread as well. And as ridiculous as it might seem on thr surface, I think it might be possible given the variables at play. Dell Demps is desperate to save his job and needs the team to make the playoffs and management is desperate to keep Davis and might be interested in any stopgap measure that keeps their boat afloat. I suggested Kanter and Lee for their first round pick but this poster's idea is even better since it allows us to mitigate the bad contracts we take back (which is all the Pelicans have available) AND allows them to remain competitive without approaching the luxury tax. I think it's a really good idea, if the Knicks are willing to not get an impact player in the process.

Cousins injury and knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy