[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trey Burke 18pts 11 assists
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/26/2018  4:50 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:Been waiting for Burke to get an opportunity on the Big League Knicks. He obviously had the talent coming out of Michigan, and with his new work ethic, and maybe a bit of a chip on his shoulder, I think he's going to have a nice NBA career. Let the kid play.
I think we could be seeing a nice showcase for the deadline. Not that we move Burke, but maybe the Knicks dont pull the trigger on a guy like Kemba now that they have Burke and there might be better value elsewhere.

A point on the bold... I dont know how old you are but Im a couple decades from 25. You mature alot, and some more than others. My approach to many things in life was significantly different from age 22 to age 25. Burke knows nothing is being handed to him, he's gotta work for it every minute and thats what the great ones do.

Burke looks like a liability on D, but perhaps with other guys we can hide him some. Timmy/Frank/Dotson/Lee are all quality defenders (please no Baker, ANYONE but Baker )
That being said so what... its obviously early but he looks like a guy who would be great coming off the bench as the first guard. He's got a tremendous scoring ability and can generate TOs. He's fast but not long. He's got to find a way to bring pressure on the ball or stay on guy's hips else he's going to get smoked at the other end every night. Still who cares... we need young talent and good players and replacing Sessions with a 25 year old PG who brings some needed dimensions is a no brainer.

Cant wait to see more of him

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

1/26/2018  5:16 PM
Here’s a sharp reality for those being critical of frank who is 19 and drafted one spot ahead of Burke... burke finally is playing to his talent level he was drafted for and is 25.... biggest thing for us is patience with frank the defense and floor general talent is already NBA ready, his offense might take to 25 to see him really take it to a NBA level, and we should all be ok with that ...
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/26/2018  6:14 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Here’s a sharp reality for those being critical of frank who is 19 and drafted one spot ahead of Burke... burke finally is playing to his talent level he was drafted for and is 25.... biggest thing for us is patience with frank the defense and floor general talent is already NBA ready, his offense might take to 25 to see him really take it to a NBA level, and we should all be ok with that ...
I agree about patience and the defense. I don't see floor general at this point. I missed the second half last night. Apparently he wasn't hitting his shot playing off the ball. In the first half I thought he seemed much more comfortable inbounding and being relieved of ball handling and playmaking responsibilities. He had one of his most aggressive drives to the basket this season and hit an open three. Nothing I have seen says floor general but that doesn't mean he can't be a good secondary ball handler and defender on the wing. If he can hit his shots it might be a better role for him. When he is the primary ball handler he seems to want to be rid of that responsibility as soon as possible and often his passes are passes that relieve him of the ball but put his teammates in a bad spot. I hope he becomes a floor general.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2018  7:59 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/26/2018  8:12 PM
martin wrote:

I said when the Knicks had him go to the G League that Trey might take a similar career path as THJ did when he got sent down last year. It was up to each player to use that time to seriously improve and reassess their game. Looks like Trey did just that. That's another nice piece for this team. He's also the chance of style PG I was hoping for. Gives teams a totally different look and pace.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/26/2018  8:17 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Here’s a sharp reality for those being critical of frank who is 19 and drafted one spot ahead of Burke... burke finally is playing to his talent level he was drafted for and is 25.... biggest thing for us is patience with frank the defense and floor general talent is already NBA ready, his offense might take to 25 to see him really take it to a NBA level, and we should all be ok with that ...

That's the reason burke was traded, and not resigned by the wizards. No one has that kind of patience. If you don't come in to the nba making noise, your going to get traded, especially if the team isn't winning.

If we are winning, chances are frank has a lot to do with that, if we are losing, chances are frank has a lot to do with that

ES
nixluva
USA
1/26/2018  8:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

That's the reason burke was traded, and not resigned by the wizards. No one has that kind of patience. If you don't come in to the nba making noise, your going to get traded, especially if the team isn't winning.

If we are winning, chances are frank has a lot to do with that, if we are losing, chances are frank has a lot to do with that

MOST rookies aren't leading their teams to wins. That's a rare level of player, not a typical #8 pick. We knew we were drafting a raw 19 yr old and that he'd need time to fully develop. Especially a PG!
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/27/2018  2:37 AM
Burke is clearly the best penetrating pg on the team. The only question is if he can play consistent defense and avoid turning into someone who is just jacking up shots. He has to run the offense and make sure his teammates are getting there shots. If he shows he can consistently do that, Jeff should start him. I would also continue to give Frank 15 mins or so. Jack is who I would sit.
Trust the Process
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/27/2018  8:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2018  9:45 AM
EnySpree wrote:That escalated very quickly...

He was brilliant. Best game of the season from our point guards and the guy just got here. I personally think Jack is burning out and Frank hit the wall. Baker is trash.

Trey Burke should start. If we traded for Walker tomorrow he would start.... no difference here. We gotta play our best players. Trey is our best point guard

I still want to give him a few more games, I'm escalating very quickly to agreement with you. But keep in mind, Phoenix is horrible. However, having said that Frank wasn't able to do much against them.
doomed
Member: #1078
USA
1/27/2018  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2018  11:25 AM
Frank has simply hit the rookie wall. He wasn't this bad earlier in the season. At times he even flashed. Some of you who killed the pick and killed the player are doubling down now on Frank's deficiencies. We get it. You (one specific poster in this thread) don't have to remind us with every post how shaky frank is right now. We can see it. You're still too rash at times and way too excited to rip the kid at every turn.

Not every kid or player is right for the developmental leagues. I assure you the Knicks aren't being stubborn they are trying to figure out the best way to develop frank and ensure future success. If every team sent every single struggling rookie down that would be one thing but they don't. Ask yourself why?

Excited about Burke. I'd try lightning frank's load a bit. Maybe play him alongside Burke. Let him focus on defense and spot up shooting for a bit.

Welpee
Member: #6239

1/27/2018  11:54 AM
doomed wrote:Frank has simply hit the rookie wall. He wasn't this bad earlier in the season. At times he even flashed. Some of you who killed the pick and killed the player are doubling down now on Frank's deficiencies. We get it. You (one specific poster in this thread) don't have to remind us with every post how shaky frank is right now. We can see it. You're still too rash at times and way too excited to rip the kid at every turn.

Not every kid or player is right for the developmental leagues. I assure you the Knicks aren't being stubborn they are trying to figure out the best way to develop frank and ensure future success. If every team sent every single struggling rookie down that would be one thing but they don't. Ask yourself why?

Excited about Burke. I'd try lightning frank's load a bit. Maybe play him alongside Burke. Let him focus on defense and spot up shooting for a bit.

Yeah, we just need to be patient with Frank. If he's not ready as a 19 year old rookie so be it. We have to work with his developmental timetable, not Dennis Smith's or Donovan Mitchell's.
nixluva
USA
1/27/2018  3:56 PM
Welpee wrote:
doomed wrote:Frank has simply hit the rookie wall. He wasn't this bad earlier in the season. At times he even flashed. Some of you who killed the pick and killed the player are doubling down now on Frank's deficiencies. We get it. You (one specific poster in this thread) don't have to remind us with every post how shaky frank is right now. We can see it. You're still too rash at times and way too excited to rip the kid at every turn.

Yeah, we just need to be patient with Frank. If he's not ready as a 19 year old rookie so be it. We have to work with his developmental timetable, not Dennis Smith's or Donovan Mitchell's.

EXCELLENT POINTS FELLAS. Where is is written that all prospects have to develop at the same speed? Funny thing is Burke is showing a much improved game but at the age of 25!!! He clearly hadn't put it all together in his rookie year until now.
Trey Burke 18pts 11 assists

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy