[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trey Burke 18pts 11 assists
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/26/2018  7:11 AM
That escalated very quickly...

He was brilliant. Best game of the season from our point guards and the guy just got here. I personally think Jack is burning out and Frank hit the wall. Baker is trash.

Trey Burke should start. If we traded for Walker tomorrow he would start.... no difference here. We gotta play our best players. Trey is our best point guard

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/26/2018  7:35 AM
If THjr is out, I might go Burke and Frank as my starters. And sorry Ron Baker, but any chance we can see Dotson? I know he was a second rounder, but by now he should be able to contribute.
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
1/26/2018  7:42 AM
Thrilled to see Burke step up. Yet before we Annointed him the second coming of THE Isaiah Thomas, let him play against San Antonio, Boston and Golden State they all take their defense seriously. Let’s see if Burke can play defense against some talent. Oh and by the way, I wouldn’t conclude that Baker is garbage. I thought the same of Dellevadova and he’s managed to start on many teams and gets paid $9 million per.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/26/2018  11:10 AM
If Frank came back without the hesitation in his game we've seen to this point. If he showed that he was good enough to start, Burke looks like he would make a great backup.

If Frank comes back with the same reluctance to drive, Burke might end up taking Frank's spot on the bench. Still believe we should add more competition for starting PG over the summer.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2018  11:21 AM
GustavBahler wrote:If Frank came back without the hesitation in his game we've seen to this point. If he showed that he was good enough to start, Burke looks like he would make a great backup.

If Frank comes back with the same reluctance to drive, Burke might end up taking Frank's spot on the bench. Still believe we should add more competition for starting PG over the summer.

I saw them out there together last nite a bit. I was falling asleep and I really didn't want to see any more of that ugly defense.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/26/2018  11:36 AM
I'm hoping that Ntilikina and Burke can both grow and become the PG combo we need them to be. Burke looked nice and could be the change of pace backup we need. Ntilikina will be a good starting guard, i feel confident in that. We just need that Lou Williams type of backup guard, someone who can come off the bench with Burke and really change the pace of the game and make plays.
GustavBahler

1/26/2018  11:37 AM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If Frank came back without the hesitation in his game we've seen to this point. If he showed that he was good enough to start, Burke looks like he would make a great backup.

I saw them out there together last nite a bit. I was falling asleep and I really didn't want to see any more of that ugly defense.

Burke found Frank a few times. Im guessing Hornacek wanted more of an attacking PG, but he also wanted to give Frank a chance to call his own number more. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Not a bad idea though. I hope Frank gets more time at the 2. Might find his game faster there, less of a load to carry at times, still a rookie.

Burke's defense is why Im reluctant to suggest he is a plan B, in case Frank isnt the answer at PG. Trade, draft, free agency, I think we need more competition.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/26/2018  11:46 AM
Paris907 wrote:Thrilled to see Burke step up. Yet before we Annointed him the second coming of THE Isaiah Thomas, let him play against San Antonio, Boston and Golden State they all take their defense seriously. Let’s see if Burke can play defense against some talent. Oh and by the way, I wouldn’t conclude that Baker is garbage. I thought the same of Dellevadova and he’s managed to start on many teams and gets paid $9 million per.

Right, because jack and frank kicked ass against those teams..

The bottom line is burke is better than frank and jack, Noah is better than willy, and JH is starting to lose the team. The more we play willy, the more I want him gone

ES
GustavBahler

1/26/2018  11:49 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Thrilled to see Burke step up. Yet before we Annointed him the second coming of THE Isaiah Thomas, let him play against San Antonio, Boston and Golden State they all take their defense seriously. Let’s see if Burke can play defense against some talent. Oh and by the way, I wouldn’t conclude that Baker is garbage. I thought the same of Dellevadova and he’s managed to start on many teams and gets paid $9 million per.

The bottom line is burke is better than frank and jack, Noah is better than willy, and JH is starting to lose the team. The more we play willy, the more I want him gone

Might be showcasing him.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/26/2018  12:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Jack is the only one that doesn’t matter. Frank is trying to develop his game at this level and needs minutes. Burke struggled most of his career so far and at 25 may finally be putting things all together. Both Burke and Frank should be prioritized as well as Dotson for the rest of the season.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/26/2018  12:22 PM
This was encouraging--Id let him go 40 minutes tonight.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

1/26/2018  12:27 PM
Been waiting for Burke to get an opportunity on the Big League Knicks. He obviously had the talent coming out of Michigan, and with his new work ethic, and maybe a bit of a chip on his shoulder, I think he's going to have a nice NBA career. Let the kid play.
"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/26/2018  1:42 PM

So ignore the other 26 teams? Burke deserves to start. This offense fits his style perfect. He needs to steamroll the minutes right now. He's ready.

Right now the difference between baker and Frank is whenever Frank does shoot it has a better chance of going in. I love Jack but he's got to get his minutes reduced to preserve his body.

Delly could score. He almost died in the finals. He earned his money. If Baker could shoot and finish layups more consistently, he would be worth it. He can't.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/26/2018  2:18 PM
Typical knee-jerk reaction thread (see Ron Baker thread from last month). I was totally supportive of calling up Burke but lets give it some time please before declaring him a starter!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/26/2018  2:35 PM
I wouldn't mind him starting. I dont have the expectations that he will lead us to the playoffs. But he has more long term potential than Jack. He is probably more instant offense off the bench on a winning team in the Bayless and Augustin mold. But for now worth a shot to see what he can produce.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
skoonix
Member: #5909

1/26/2018  2:37 PM
Yeah, Jack is steady but inconsistent plus it seems in clutch situations he has folded. Jack is a vet but yes, play Burke & Frank more.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/26/2018  2:39 PM
And this game wasn't better than Jacks or Franks near triple double games. I mean Jack threw that ball off the opponents leg to inbound and then nailed a floater I believe to tie the game late if the fourth. He did make that boneheaded pass to basically lose us the game in double OT. But give the man his due.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

1/26/2018  2:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2018  2:53 PM
Welpee wrote:Typical knee-jerk reaction thread (see Ron Baker thread from last month). I was totally supportive of calling up Burke but lets give it some time please before declaring him a starter!

When did Baker ever put up 18 & 11 and look good doing it?

And I completely agree with skoonix on Jack -- slight up in production going back about a month or so but def. inconsistent and he hasn't been great at the end of games. All true. He's not the answer at all. Shot term fill-in all the way. Need to go with a healthy dose of Burke/Frank now from now on, win or lose.

Another thing I wanna touch on quick: +/- and why it's not something I dwell on. Burke was VERY GOOD last night and yet garnered a -6 I believe. So what does that really mean, that the loss was his fault or he wasn't as effective as the box score would indicate? No way -- he was great. Not his fault no one else played any defense which has been this team's MO for awhile now. Burke is nothing but a solution here, maybe a long-term one. We need to continue exploring that possibility.. Same deal with Kanter on the +/- btw. Just why I don't put too much stock in this statistic.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/26/2018  3:06 PM
Welpee wrote:Typical knee-jerk reaction thread (see Ron Baker thread from last month). I was totally supportive of calling up Burke but lets give it some time please before declaring him a starter!

How much slow half court bull sht you want to see, or are you patiently waiting for franks break out offensive game..Dude it's not going to happen, I feel like some of you don't want to face the fact that FRANK is a major project, baker is a 15th man, and jack is on his last leg.

IF baker was waived by the knicks, their isn't a team on the planet that would pick him and that contract up, the most he would get is a camp invite. These are the same fans that thought KUZ had value, and he didn't get a single call after he was waived. They couldn't even get a late 2nd rounder for session or kuz so they had to eat the those contracts.

This team has already shown that it has the talent and ability to defend and score. It's up to the coaching staff to keep those players playing at a high level consistently, and they're not, and even worse, they are playing the lesser talent, and that's going to divide the locker room.

JH is officially on the hot seat

ES
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/26/2018  4:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2018  4:34 PM
The reality is that Trey is the best point guard on the roster at the present moment (Frank is not there yet). He should start, but Frank should also get his minutes. I don't mind them playing together and Frank playing off the ball some.
Trey Burke 18pts 11 assists

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy