[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Third time Ive seen Vince Edwards this year
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Posts: 50029
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/25/2018  11:36 PM
He officially has to be up on the list. Hes 6-8 225 but handles like a guard athletic and can shoot it. We dont have that. Hes made for the NBA

AUTOADVERT
franco12
Posts: 29980
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 2/19/2004
Member: #599
USA
1/26/2018  3:37 AM
He looks great, but kind of skinny.
Cartman718
Posts: 25408
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

1/26/2018  9:24 AM
franco12 wrote:He looks great, but kind of skinny.

lol lol lol is this a direct response to his no skinny guys to draft

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BRIGGS
Posts: 50029
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/26/2018  10:51 AM
This is a serious prospect. This is close to what Hutchinson is. Both of these guys are ahead of the Bridges because they can handle the ball.
Bretrobert1
Posts: 20058
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/6/2015
Member: #6028

1/26/2018  12:04 PM
Briggs, as I've stated before in one or two of your college prospect posts; I'm a bigger Purdue basketball fan than any other sports team. I'm on the premium Rivals board and kinda get the inside scoop on some of these players before they get to Purdue and while they're playing for them, too. I've been familiar with Edwards since he was a junior in high school out of Ohio. That said, he's playing a role in Purdue's motion offense that is catered to a 4 that can spread the floor. He came into Purdue as a borderline 4 star recruit (around the top 100-120 range) and has improved each and every year. The one knock on his game coming into college was that he's good at everything but not great at anything and he lacks overall elite athleticism. I think the same can kinda be said today in terms of his NBA chances. He's very solid all around, but maybe lacks the overall athleticism to see serious minutes in today's NBA.

If he gets drafted, most mocks have had him going mid to late in the 2nd rd throughout the year, but with the way Purdue has been playing, there's a chance they make a deep run and his stock will continue to rise.

Some of the latest mocks have both Dakota Mathias and Isaac Haas of Purdue going very late in the 2nd round as well. Mathias is another player I've mentioned on here in the past. I compared him a bit to Ron Baker. Don't know if he gets a shot in the NBA, but he's the type of kid that makes everyone better. A gym rat that's so fundamentally sound. He's probably the best passer in the Big 10 and plays very, very good defense.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
BRIGGS
Posts: 50029
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/26/2018  12:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2018  12:10 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:Briggs, as I've stated before in one or two of your college prospect posts; I'm a bigger Purdue basketball fan than any other sports team. I'm on the premium Rivals board and kinda get the inside scoop on some of these players before they get to Purdue and while they're playing for them, too. I've been familiar with Edwards since he was a junior in high school out of Ohio. That said, he's playing a role in Purdue's motion offense that is catered to a 4 that can spread the floor. He came into Purdue as a borderline 4 star recruit (around the top 100-120 range) and has improved each and every year. The one knock on his game coming into college was that he's good at everything but not great at anything and he lacks overall elite athleticism. I think the same can kinda be said today in terms of his NBA chances. He's very solid all around, but maybe lacks the overall athleticism to see serious minutes in today's NBA.

If he gets drafted, most mocks have had him going mid to late in the 2nd rd throughout the year, but with the way Purdue has been playing, there's a chance they make a deep run and his stock will continue to rise.

Some of the latest mocks have both Dakota Mathias and Isaac Haas of Purdue going very late in the 2nd round as well. Mathias is another player I've mentioned on here in the past. I compared him a bit to Ron Baker. Don't know if he gets a shot in the NBA, but he's the type of kid that makes everyone better. A gym rat that's so fundamentally sound. He's probably the best passer in the Big 10 and plays very, very good defense.

We have 2 high second rd picks that Im looking to fill. And he looks plenty athletic to me! Hes long and athletic. His wingspan has to be close to 7. Hes going to be a real solid NBA player. I like that size 6-8 225--kind of like W Chandler

Im kind of set who I like bwteen 10-16 Wendell Carter and Hutchinson. I want mature players--Carter is already mature in body and game. Well have to see--we need a 3.

Im a big Uconn fan and its hard to evaluate a team you follow. Youve seen many of his negatives through the years--its always best to leave your own college team out of it :)

Bretrobert1
Posts: 20058
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/6/2015
Member: #6028

1/26/2018  12:09 PM
One last thing about Vince Edwards. Personally, I think Robbie Hummel played that stretch 4 role for Purdue better than Edwards, and had more "NBA potential". Hummel played 2 or 3 years for the TWovles in a very limited role and then went off to Europe. Had he not torn his knee in consecutive years (jr & sr year of college), I think Hummel would have had a lasting NBA career. This is not a knock on Vince at all, as Robbie was an exceptional Big 10 player. But I could see Vince having a professional career very comparable to Rob's, after the knee injury.
"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
BRIGGS
Posts: 50029
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/26/2018  12:17 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:One last thing about Vince Edwards. Personally, I think Robbie Hummel played that stretch 4 role for Purdue better than Edwards, and had more "NBA potential". Hummel played 2 or 3 years for the TWovles in a very limited role and then went off to Europe. Had he not torn his knee in consecutive years (jr & sr year of college), I think Hummel would have had a lasting NBA career. This is not a knock on Vince at all, as Robbie was an exceptional Big 10 player. But I could see Vince having a professional career very comparable to Rob's, after the knee injury.

If I was inside Isaac Haas body I would score 25 points and grab 10 rebounds every game. The only thing holding him back is a killer mentality. The will to go through you no matter what. Those two games before last night--not acceptable. Hes good at going to his right shoulder--not his left. If his mnetality was locked in--hed be 20-10-2

Bretrobert1
Posts: 20058
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/6/2015
Member: #6028

1/26/2018  12:24 PM
Briggs,

Don't know if you caught the Ohio St/Penn State game last night. But Diop had an unbelievable 2nd half. Pay attention to the time remaining in the 2nd half. Look at those 3 shots he made w/in the final 2 minutes. This is a kid I'd want on an NBA team to fill a role.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
Nalod
Posts: 54767
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2018  1:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2018  2:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bretrobert1 wrote:One last thing about Vince Edwards. Personally, I think Robbie Hummel played that stretch 4 role for Purdue better than Edwards, and had more "NBA potential". Hummel played 2 or 3 years for the TWovles in a very limited role and then went off to Europe. Had he not torn his knee in consecutive years (jr & sr year of college), I think Hummel would have had a lasting NBA career. This is not a knock on Vince at all, as Robbie was an exceptional Big 10 player. But I could see Vince having a professional career very comparable to Rob's, after the knee injury.

If I was inside Isaac Haas body I would score 25 points and grab 10 rebounds every game. The only thing holding him back is a killer mentality. The will to go through you no matter what. Those two games before last night--not acceptable. Hes good at going to his right shoulder--not his left. If his mnetality was locked in--hed be 20-10-2

With your tenacious thread creation and self proclaimed Troy Aikman good looks how can you fail?

Anger sells, don't buy!
BRIGGS
Posts: 50029
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/26/2018  3:24 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:Briggs,

Don't know if you caught the Ohio St/Penn State game last night. But Diop had an unbelievable 2nd half. Pay attention to the time remaining in the 2nd half. Look at those 3 shots he made w/in the final 2 minutes. This is a kid I'd want on an NBA team to fill a role.

Hes got such long arms(and hes a legit 6-8) that it makes up for his lack of athletic pop. I agree a good role player--Im thinking 3-4 man. You could put him at a 4 with a good rebounding 3--although rebounds the ball well himself.

Third time Ive seen Vince Edwards this year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.