1/25/2018  4:50 PM
Meyers Leonard
Harkless
2018 first rounder

for

KOQ
McD
Lee

Portlland really improves. Lee is quality off the bench. McD gives them another spacer and KOQ gives them size, some rim protection and is a ball mover. Really upgrades them. Knicks do it for the extra #1 in this draft. I do like this better for Portland than NY and we should be able to get better than a salary dump Hakless and a mid-late #1 for that package but I do think this is feasable as well.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/25/2018  5:57 PM
fishmike wrote:Meyers Leonard
Harkless
2018 first rounder

for

KOQ
McD
Lee

Portlland really improves. Lee is quality off the bench. McD gives them another spacer and KOQ gives them size, some rim protection and is a ball mover. Really upgrades them. Knicks do it for the extra #1 in this draft. I do like this better for Portland than NY and we should be able to get better than a salary dump Hakless and a mid-late #1 for that package but I do think this is feasable as well.

Harkless for the last 2 months has been averaging 14mins a game. Don't know the story behind it, if he has been injured or what. We probably could get him for Lee straight up and ask 2nd asset due to difference in production.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/25/2018  6:30 PM
Harmless sucks. He's not as good as people are pretending he is.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/25/2018  6:42 PM
Do they need Lee? Even without Crabbe they are guard heavy with Shabazz and Turner.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/25/2018  7:08 PM
fishmike wrote:Meyers Leonard
Harkless
2018 first rounder

for

KOQ
McD
Lee

I've had my eyes on Harkless for a long time as a young, long defensive SF who could potentially improve/blossom in a different system.

I like a different version of your proposal.

Keep McD -- move KOQ/Lee for Harkless/Vonley.

We clear our Center glut and we add a young SF (who can rotate with Doug) and we add a legit very-young PF in Vonley.

We also clear SG room for guys like Baker/Dotson.

LivingLegend

1/25/2018  7:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Do they need Lee? Even without Crabbe they are guard heavy with Shabazz and Turner.

Shabazz plays PG and Turner SF for them --- Lee could either be scorer off bench or start as SF (similar) to what we do with him in NY.

LivingLegend

1/25/2018  7:12 PM
EnySpree wrote:Harmless sucks. He's not as good as people are pretending he is.

He may suck - still TBD but he did play well for Portland in the past (I think some of the Melo star=blanking that Lillard/CJ did over the summer may have created some friction this year with Mo).

That said he is only 24, he has prototype SF size...athleticism...he can defend and will slash/cut like Doug. He is a poor shooter/scorer but I'm looking for a reasonable young wing that can defend -- Harkless would also be coming home.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/25/2018  7:12 PM
He's a poor assist guy; we need players who's been in systems where players readily move the ball
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
LivingLegend

1/25/2018  7:13 PM
I think OKC is a similar type partner for LEE/KOQ --- with guys like Ferguson/Heustis/Abrines/Grant potentially coming back as a return package
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/25/2018  7:16 PM
...and this is why Fishmike doesn't work for ANY sports organization.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/25/2018  7:18 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I think OKC is a similar type partner for LEE/KOQ --- with guys like Ferguson/Heustis/Abrines/Grant potentially coming back as a return package
Lee would be perfect for them. I would love for the Knicks to get Grant but I don't think they would trade him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
VCoug
Member: #1406

1/25/2018  8:14 PM
That looks like a straight salary dump for Portland and if that's the case why not just do Kanter for Leonard, Harkless, and their 1st. That allows us to save Lee and KOQ for other trades for more assets.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/25/2018  9:02 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:...and this is why Fishmike doesn't work for ANY sports organization.
put down the douche and tonic and read the premise of the thread. Its a "what do you think" and I said I didnt like the deal for the Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/25/2018  9:05 PM
VCoug wrote:That looks like a straight salary dump for Portland and if that's the case why not just do Kanter for Leonard, Harkless, and their 1st. That allows us to save Lee and KOQ for other trades for more assets.
yea thats better... for the Knicks. If your Portland would you do that for Kanter? He's going to end up splitting time with Nurkik, I dont think Portland does that. Maybe without the first they do... Harkless/Leonard for Kanter but I dont like that one for us.

I think there are possibilities though

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/25/2018  9:23 PM
I rarely get to see Harkless play but this doesn’t do it for me. Would the same package work to secure Middleton ?
Plus their #1. Might have to be Kanter in lieu of KOQ
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/25/2018  9:41 PM
How about Knicks trade:
Kanter
mcdermott
Frank N

To Milwaukee:

Delavadova
c Middleton
Brogden

(Basically we traded Melo and Frank for Middleton and Brogden.

Milwaukee is incentivized as Dellavedova is a purge. They’d pick up a bruising forward in Kanter and a sharpshooter scorer in mcBuckets.

Knicks keep their pick

Brogden
THJr
KP
Middleton
Wily or Draft a 5

Lee
Beas
KOQ

WE still have Lee/Thomas/KOQ To trade ideally for a first.

VCoug
Member: #1406

1/25/2018  9:53 PM
fishmike wrote:
VCoug wrote:That looks like a straight salary dump for Portland and if that's the case why not just do Kanter for Leonard, Harkless, and their 1st. That allows us to save Lee and KOQ for other trades for more assets.
yea thats better... for the Knicks. If your Portland would you do that for Kanter? He's going to end up splitting time with Nurkik, I dont think Portland does that. Maybe without the first they do... Harkless/Leonard for Kanter but I dont like that one for us.

I think there are possibilities though

It's a pure salary dump for Portland. Leonard and Harkless don't really play much and they get paid a bunch of money.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/25/2018  10:38 PM
Let me see -- you called me an idiot for saying let's get rid of cap space and get a 40 game look at a top 10 player in the nba last year. No downside with cap savings

On the other hand you want to pay heavily for Stan Johnson who has played well enough to warrant a ticket to the G league and now you make threads why we should take on heavy heavy cap considerations for absolute sht players for what a 23 pick in the draft?

I've identified some of the highest risers in the draft well before even mock draft sites who do it for a living did? You. Ah nada

Go back and check yourself!

RIP Crushalot😞
Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

1/25/2018  10:45 PM
Would like PF Caleb Swanigan thrown in there, too. If he learns to cut down on turnovers & improves his first step on D, he will play a role for a good NBA team. Serious motor on that guy and is an absolute rebounding machine.
"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/26/2018  12:35 AM
Bretrobert1 wrote:Would like PF Caleb Swanigan thrown in there, too. If he learns to cut down on turnovers & improves his first step on D, he will play a role for a good NBA team. Serious motor on that guy and is an absolute rebounding machine.

He doesnt have enough pop in the nba.

RIP Crushalot😞
how about Harkless and a pick from Portland

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy