[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Just asking: Mailman?
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
9/3/2004  12:29 AM
Anyone think Zeke might be going after the Mailman with what's left of the MLE? I know it sounds crazy, but obviously there aren't many options for big men out there. Does anyone know what his relationship with Zeke is like from their playing days?

Obviously, Malone will probably go where he thinks he can win a ring (Miami? San Antonio?), but I wonder if Zeke is asking?

Marbs, Jamal
Allan, Jamal
Timmy, Penny
Mailman, Sweets
Kurt, Nazr

Obviously, it's a stop gap solution for one year, but I'm mainly asking if people think Zeke is pursuing it.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
9/3/2004  12:38 AM
i doubt it because zeke has all being about brinin in younger and more athletic players, and getting malone would kinda defeat the purpose.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/3/2004  12:43 AM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

i doubt it because zeke has all being about brinin in younger and more athletic players, and getting malone would kinda defeat the purpose.

Yeah, that's mostly how I feel. But signing Malone now could be good, we have more money left than the Heat, Spurs or Lakers and Malone if signed to a one year deal could be highly valuable at the trade deadline. Also, and more importantly, obviously at this point getting the impact front court player is not happening this off season. It will have to wait until next off season. If the NYK want to make this season as competitive as possible, adding Malone is basically the best they can do. As I said, it'd be weird and Malone would have to love either Marbury, Isiah or New York...but in this league, stranger things have happened.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/3/2004  1:53 AM
Even if you're trying to bring in young talent, you'd have to be crazy to pass on the opportunity to sign Malone for only $1.5 mil (what the Knicks have left of the MLE). I have a hard time picturing Malone taking that offer from the Knicks, though. I think he wants to go to a team that already is an elite team even without him (if he even plays next year). I'd love to get Rodney White for what's left of the MLE. Even if he doesn't currently fill an urgent need, he's a very talented young player that would be great to have in our organization.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/3/2004  9:30 AM
i've suggested going after Malone for the longest, but it looks like he will either stay in LA, go to MIA, or retire...i don't think he'd be interested in coming to NY, even if he & Isiah had a good relationship...the only thing he wants is a ring...MIA would give him a much better shot at winning 1 than if he were to come here.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MS
Member: #724
9/3/2004  11:22 AM
Malone would not even consider signing with the Knicks. For one they don't have a shot to actually win a title, at this point if he is going to leave LA there are only two places to consider: San Antonio and Miami.

Heat
PG Wade
SG Jones
SF Allen
PF Malone
C O'Neal

This team is not very deep, but in the East all you need is a one two punch, the Pistons don't beat a healthy Nets, or Pacers team...They had a great run put were overated

Spurs
PG Parker
SG Ginobli
SF Bowen
PF Malone
C Duncan/ Raso off the bench

That team is better than the Knicks

And anyone that has ever watched the NBA knows that Malone and Isiah don't like each other. Malone gave Isiah a vicious elbow to the head back in the 80's, that split thomas's head open. So i think it rules out that possibility.

nyballer
Member: #108
USA
9/3/2004  11:29 AM
Posted by MS:

Malone would not even consider signing with the Knicks. For one they don't have a shot to actually win a title, at this point if he is going to leave LA there are only two places to consider: San Antonio and Miami.

Heat
PG Wade
SG Jones
SF Allen
PF Malone
C O'Neal

This team is not very deep, but in the East all you need is a one two punch, the Pistons don't beat a healthy Nets, or Pacers team...They had a great run put were overated

Spurs
PG Parker
SG Ginobli
SF Bowen
PF Malone
C Duncan/ Raso off the bench

That team is better than the Knicks

And anyone that has ever watched the NBA knows that Malone and Isiah don't like each other. Malone gave Isiah a vicious elbow to the head back in the 80's, that split thomas's head open. So i think it rules out that possibility.
the pistons would beat a healthy nets team, if anything i think they were underrated. Their defense is impenetrable. Unless you think last year's nets were better than last year's lakers, i think the pistons beat the nets with a healthy kid and still win it all, and i think they should be the favorites this year too.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
MS
Member: #724
9/3/2004  11:36 AM
This year's Pistons are a lot stronger, they have a mature Billups and Hamilton, and Delfino, and don't forget McDyess who i believe will be the steal of the summer

Last year the Nets were the better team, they took 3-2 back to Jersey but Kidd was clearly out of gas, and the Pistons were not underated. The NBA is all about Matchups and the Pistons matched up better than anyteam in the league with the lakers, thats why they won. Lets not forget what was going on in laker land. The team was just not that good, Payton was horrible last year very ineffective, and Malone was hurt, and i think that Kobe's mind was elsewhere. Other than that they had no one, Devon George is aweful he couldn't make an open shot and fisher wasn't much better.

The Pistons had someone to guard kobe, Prince who was not an offensive threat, and to make matters worse Kobe had to run all around the court to stay with hamilton and still try to carry the load. And they have more size than anyone going against shaq, wallace, wallace, okur, cambell, and big nasty. They had a great run and were very impressive, but they should have gotten beat in the second round and should have gotten beat in the conference finals....
Payton couldn't have guarded frank williams, and shandon might have one a shooting contest over devon george, so the lakers really had no business being there....I bet the Spurs would have given the pistons a lot more trouble

nyballer
Member: #108
USA
9/3/2004  11:52 AM
Posted by MS:

This year's Pistons are a lot stronger, they have a mature Billups and Hamilton, and Delfino, and don't forget McDyess who i believe will be the steal of the summer

Last year the Nets were the better team, they took 3-2 back to Jersey but Kidd was clearly out of gas, and the Pistons were not underated. The NBA is all about Matchups and the Pistons matched up better than anyteam in the league with the lakers, thats why they won. Lets not forget what was going on in laker land. The team was just not that good, Payton was horrible last year very ineffective, and Malone was hurt, and i think that Kobe's mind was elsewhere. Other than that they had no one, Devon George is aweful he couldn't make an open shot and fisher wasn't much better.

The Pistons had someone to guard kobe, Prince who was not an offensive threat, and to make matters worse Kobe had to run all around the court to stay with hamilton and still try to carry the load. And they have more size than anyone going against shaq, wallace, wallace, okur, cambell, and big nasty. They had a great run and were very impressive, but they should have gotten beat in the second round and should have gotten beat in the conference finals....
Payton couldn't have guarded frank williams, and shandon might have one a shooting contest over devon george, so the lakers really had no business being there....I bet the Spurs would have given the pistons a lot more trouble

The reasons the pistons are so good is because the match up well with so many teams. Like you said, they had someone to guard Kobe who didn't have to score - if they have someone to guard kobe, then what 2/3 CAN'T they guard? if they have someone to match up against shaq what kind of center can they not guard? ben wallace wouldve been all over tim duncan - duncan would still drop 25-30, but he wouldn't be as dominant. Tony Parker woudln't come inside because he wouldn't be able to score on the wallaces. ginobili would be shutdown by tayshaun, even bowen would have difficulty staying with rip hamilton, and billups could overpower parker.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
JesseDark
Member: #467
9/3/2004  1:43 PM
From what I recall Mailman and Thomas were not the best of friends from their playing days. Mailman was one of the players that did not want Thomas on the origianl Dreamteam so that Stockton could have that spot. There was also that vicious elbow that Mailman issued to Thomas that opened a cut above his eye requring 34 stitches. The elbow came right after Thomas was snubbed from the Dreamteam and he was eating up Stockton going for big numbers on him.
So I don't think Thomas is making courtesy call to Mailman.
Bring back dee-fense
Just asking: Mailman?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy