Been playing very well very mature
Great defense
Not forcing on offense
Taking between 14-17 shots
Quick decisions when having the ball

He needs to play like this rest of the way
Not worry about his points per game stat
He was thinking too much about needing to score 30

He's averaging in less than 30 minutes a game - 22 points a game on almost 47% shooting in this stretch and the rim protection is great with 3.7 blocks a game.

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/20/2018  11:09 AM
You know what the real key is, less post ups. More facing the basket. Turnovers are down because he can see the floor. Movement without the ball is the real key to Prozingis’ success.
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

1/20/2018  12:22 PM
Vmart wrote:You know what the real key is, less post ups. More facing the basket. Turnovers are down because he can see the floor. Movement without the ball is the real key to Prozingis’ success.

True but he is good at posting up and shooting over smalls.
He should do all of what you described and post up.
He was posting up and isolating way too much earlier on.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/20/2018  12:24 PM
Have to think the return of Hardaway helps. The Knicks only other scorer was Beasley when Tim was out. Also, Burke getting minutes should make things easier for KP.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/20/2018  1:53 PM
Maturity is a process and it takes its time.
KP is probing the game and will continue hit and miss until he will rich his prime.
The very earliest by age 25 (see all similar players timeline for reference).
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/20/2018  4:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Have to think the return of Hardaway helps. The Knicks only other scorer was Beasley when Tim was out. Also, Burke getting minutes should make things easier for KP.

Hardaway back is a big thing.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/21/2018  1:39 AM
KP hasn’t been forcing the post up and with THJ he can float a bit more and let the game come to him. I like the way he’s playing. It should only get better.

His blocked shots have increased. He seems more relaxed and staying on his feet. KP is just more relaxed overall.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/21/2018  7:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2018  7:58 AM
Hardaway makes it fun again.... this is a different era. Guys aren't going to work hard because they should. They gotta be having fun. Now everything is back to the way it was before the injuries.... plus Burke
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/21/2018  7:58 AM
EnySpree wrote:Hardaway makes it fun again.... this is a different era. Guys aren't going to work hard because they should. They gotta be having fun. Now we everything is back to the way it was before the injuries

With Tim out there KP feels he has to do less.
When Tim was not in the lineup KP seemed to think he needed to score 30+ every night.

We need KP to close out the season strong.
I really like the chemistry KP and Tim have. Even Frank he's a good backcourt mate for Tim because Tim is aggressive and can create while Frank imitates the offense and brings the ball up.

I know it's easy to say this but I feel we are one player and small lineup change from being a top 4 team in the East.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/21/2018  8:02 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Hardaway makes it fun again.... this is a different era. Guys aren't going to work hard because they should. They gotta be having fun. Now we everything is back to the way it was before the injuries

With Tim out there KP feels he has to do less.
When Tim was not in the lineup KP seemed to think he needed to score 30+ every night.

We need KP to close out the season strong.
I really like the chemistry KP and Tim have. Even Frank he's a good backcourt mate for Tim because Tim is aggressive and can create while Frank imitates the offense and brings the ball up.

I know it's easy to say this but I feel we are one player and small lineup change from being a top 4 team in the East.

We are... its fun to talk about Kemba, but this healthy line up just squares everything up. We really need that small fwd. Burke i really have a feeling is going to give us the element on the perimeter we're missing. It's sweet. Just gotta see what the trade deadline brings

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/21/2018  8:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2018  8:26 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Have to think the return of Hardaway helps. The Knicks only other scorer was Beasley when Tim was out. Also, Burke getting minutes should make things easier for KP.

This! Most important guy on the team right now is the player Phil thought was worth very little. Thank goodness Phil got shipped out just in time. Got to give Perry/Mills credit.

As for KP....the kid is fine. Looks better than last year. Injury hurt and he will hopefully have a strong second half. Just hope he stops flopping. Not a good look for our franchise player.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Gudris
Member: #6213

1/21/2018  2:59 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

This! Most important guy on the team right now is the player Phil thought was worth very little. Thank goodness Phil got shipped out just in time. Got to give Perry/Mills credit.

As for KP....the kid is fine. Looks better than last year. Injury hurt and he will hopefully have a strong second half. Just hope he stops flopping. Not a good look for our franchise player.

This is smart way to keep his defenders little more away, otherwise, they like to play dirty on him a lot

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/21/2018  7:08 PM
FYI. Kristaps Porzingis has the 5th highest usage rate in the NBA with players logging over 35 games.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/23/2018  12:54 PM
Gudris wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

This is smart way to keep his defenders little more away, otherwise, they like to play dirty on him a lot

Or it's a dumb way to ensure the refs won't react to him actually getting smacked around.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/23/2018  1:13 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:FYI. Kristaps Porzingis has the 5th highest usage rate in the NBA with players logging over 35 games.

He's top 5 in shot attempts too

ES
KP last three games

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy