[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I know Ntilikina is only 19 but...
Author Thread
TLover
Posts: 20697
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/12/2003
Member: #381
USA
1/20/2018  1:47 AM
he was drafted to play in the triangle offense. The way he telegraphs passes is really annoying and is very robotic. Granted he will be a very good defensive player but I would trade him if I could get another underachieving rookie who is playing better as of late.. Josh Jackson.

I’d offer Frank & Willy for Jackson. Since the suns have Tj Warren at the 3 already, they might be inclined to make that deal.

AUTOADVERT
SRacide
Posts: 20026
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/29/2017
Member: #7604

1/20/2018  4:38 AM
It makes me **** to say his car being French I want to see Frank at the top level but it is better to exchange now as he still has values
Juliano
Posts: 20054
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/7/2017
Member: #7589

1/20/2018  6:02 AM
Jesus effin' Christ... knee jerk brought to a whole new level.
Paris907
Posts: 21122
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
1/20/2018  6:30 AM
Being french as well, I’d pull the trigger on that deal. Neither can shoot but JJ will be the vmbetter pro.
SRacide
Posts: 20026
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/29/2017
Member: #7604

1/20/2018  6:38 AM
I feel that the Staff is too kind to Frank his help him not
SRacide
Posts: 20026
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/29/2017
Member: #7604

1/20/2018  7:10 AM
French specialists are finally aiming at Frank
#NbaExtra
Gudris
Posts: 20819
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

1/20/2018  7:28 AM
we are not going to be contender for at least 3 years, so why all this rush?
TLover
Posts: 20697
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/12/2003
Member: #381
USA
1/20/2018  11:21 AM
The rush to trade Frank is that you don’t want him to become Dante Exume (albeit Exum has had injury issues) but we need a hard nosed defensive 3 man who can rebound and be your 3rd or 4th scorer. JJ is only 20 btw. I like Frankie’s attitude but JJ has the higher ceiling.
smackeddog
Posts: 32787
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
1/20/2018  12:43 PM
I think we should have a rule where every rookie we draft is traded after 45 games.
newyorknewyork
Posts: 27706
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
1/20/2018  1:20 PM
smackeddog wrote:I think we should have a rule where every rookie we draft is traded after 45 games.

KP will be the Knicks first lotto pick to stick for 3 full seasons since the 2nd yr the lottery was in place(1986).

knicks1248
Posts: 37163
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
1/20/2018  1:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:I think we should have a rule where every rookie we draft is traded after 45 games.

I'm sorry, did we trade a young all star that i forgot about.

ES
CrushAlot
Posts: 56421
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
1/20/2018  1:36 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I think we should have a rule where every rookie we draft is traded after 45 games.

KP will be the Knicks first lotto pick to stick for 3 full seasons since the 2nd yr the lottery was in place(1986).

Was Greg Anthony a lottery pick? Hill, Frye, Gallo were not great picks in my opinion. Loved the Nene pick but hated the draft night trade. Think that is it for Knick lotto picks but I might be wrong.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
arkrud
Posts: 30923
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
1/20/2018  1:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I think we should have a rule where every rookie we draft is traded after 45 games.

KP will be the Knicks first lotto pick to stick for 3 full seasons since the 2nd yr the lottery was in place(1986).

Was Greg Anthony a lottery pick? Hill, Frye, Gallo were not great picks in my opinion. Loved the Nene pick but hated the draft night trade. Think that is it for Knick lotto picks but I might be wrong.

For the most part we traded picks before they became anything... cannot make mistakes this way...

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
arkrud
Posts: 30923
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
1/20/2018  1:46 PM
Frank will need to be evaluated after he will be allowed to drink beer.
He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
TLover
Posts: 20697
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/12/2003
Member: #381
USA
1/20/2018  2:34 PM
I see Frank developing more into a point forward but doesn’t have elite instincts that a Ben Simmons has. His foot speed cannot keep up with the great point guards in this league. My fear is that he’ll only develop into a good role player which is not okay for the #8 pick in the draft.
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25682
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

1/20/2018  2:57 PM
TLover wrote:I see Frank developing more into a point forward but doesn’t have elite instincts that a Ben Simmons has. His foot speed cannot keep up with the great point guards in this league. My fear is that he’ll only develop into a good role player which is not okay for the #8 pick in the draft.

Did you see his defense on Kyrie Lowry and Irving? Foot speed isn't an issue. And how many of these passes did you feel we're robotic?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigRedDog
Posts: 21840
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 1/23/2004
Member: #569
1/20/2018  4:03 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
TLover wrote:I see Frank developing more into a point forward but doesn’t have elite instincts that a Ben Simmons has. His foot speed cannot keep up with the great point guards in this league. My fear is that he’ll only develop into a good role player which is not okay for the #8 pick in the draft.

Did you see his defense on Kyrie Lowry and Irving? Foot speed isn't an issue. And how many of these passes did you feel we're robotic?

Frankies defense is so over rated. He is not a shut down defender. He plays the passing lane well. Man to man he lets his man get past him way too much. Hornachek was talking that he pulled him because rubio was blowing past him. He didnt shut down Kyrie. He had a couple of good defensive plays on him but thats it. He wasnt even matched up on Kyrie most of the time, Lee was. Frankie barely was matched up on Westbrook, Mitchell. The guy you hate, Burke actually played better Def on Rubio.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
smackeddog
Posts: 32787
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
1/20/2018  4:04 PM
I remember when Kobe Bryant peaked 40 games into his first season. Its all downhill now for Frank! Trade him NOW!!!
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25682
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

1/20/2018  4:28 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TLover wrote:I see Frank developing more into a point forward but doesn’t have elite instincts that a Ben Simmons has. His foot speed cannot keep up with the great point guards in this league. My fear is that he’ll only develop into a good role player which is not okay for the #8 pick in the draft.

Did you see his defense on Kyrie Lowry and Irving? Foot speed isn't an issue. And how many of these passes did you feel we're robotic?

Frankies defense is so over rated. He is not a shut down defender. He plays the passing lane well. Man to man he lets his man get past him way too much. Hornachek was talking that he pulled him because rubio was blowing past him. He didnt shut down Kyrie. He had a couple of good defensive plays on him but thats it. He wasnt even matched up on Kyrie most of the time, Lee was. Frankie barely was matched up on Westbrook, Mitchell. The guy you hate, Burke actually played better Def on Rubio.


A rookie had a bad game...wow. I don't have hatred for Burke, I just want to point out the trutch. Burke sucked in his first NBA tour. He had four years, yet you still want to give him a chance. Frank has had about half a season. You're clearly seeing what you want to see in regard to Frank. Even Kyrie Irving disagrees with you.
https://dailyknicks.com/2017/12/22/new-york-knicks-kyrie-irving-praises-frank-ntilikina/
He’s a great on ball defender, man. Very long. Very active. Not afraid of the big moments. Just a developing young player. Can’t wait to play against him more times throughout this league.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Posts: 27706
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
1/20/2018  5:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I think we should have a rule where every rookie we draft is traded after 45 games.

KP will be the Knicks first lotto pick to stick for 3 full seasons since the 2nd yr the lottery was in place(1986).

Was Greg Anthony a lottery pick? Hill, Frye, Gallo were not great picks in my opinion. Loved the Nene pick but hated the draft night trade. Think that is it for Knick lotto picks but I might be wrong.

Kenny Walker, Greg Anthony just missed that lottery bubble as at that time lotto was up to 11 picks.

Sweetney would be the only one you are missing. Since 01-02 basically the end of the Spree-Houston-Camby era. Knicks have missed the playoffs 12 times while only drafting in the lotto 6 times. Then with the 5 we drafted not counting Frank only KP has lasted for 3 full years.

They weren't great picks. But Nene, Sweetney, Frye, & Hill were all traded in bad short sighted win now trades that ended up hurting the team in the long run.

I know Ntilikina is only 19 but...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.