[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lakers signing W-Knick Nigel Hayes
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Posts: 55977
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
1/18/2018  5:17 PM
http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-nigel-hayes-10-day-contracts/
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Posts: 55977
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
1/18/2018  5:18 PM
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25383
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

1/18/2018  5:28 PM
I wasn't impressed with him during training camp, so can't get too upset. It looks like his shooting improved a lot tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Posts: 55977
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
1/18/2018  5:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I wasn't impressed with him during training camp, so can't get too upset. It looks like his shooting improved a lot tho.
I agree. I didn't think he looked good in the summer league either.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
reub
Posts: 21485
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

1/18/2018  5:41 PM
Hayes has length and tools but there were many times this year where he looked lost for Westchester. He has a chance to make it if he can put it all together. His three ball could propel him to the next level. Honestly, looking past this year I'd rather have him on the Knicks roster than Lance.
EnySpree
Posts: 44512
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

1/18/2018  5:44 PM
Why lol? They don't have anywhere for him to play....
You know why I'm here....
reub
Posts: 21485
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

1/18/2018  7:58 PM
EnySpree wrote:Why lol? They don't have anywhere for him to play....


Because he's multi faceted. He blocks shots, scores and shoots the three. He can do many more things if he develops than Lance can do. Even Lance's defense appears to be overrated and that's all he does.

EnySpree
Posts: 44512
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

1/18/2018  8:14 PM
reub wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Why lol? They don't have anywhere for him to play....


Because he's multi faceted. He blocks shots, scores and shoots the three. He can do many more things if he develops than Lance can do. Even Lance's defense appears to be overrated and that's all he does.

He playing over who? Kuzma? Ingram? Randle?

You know why I'm here....
EnySpree
Posts: 44512
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

1/18/2018  8:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2018  8:05 AM
I'm just saying they need to develop young guys at his position as it is. Where do they have time for Hayes?
You know why I'm here....
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25383
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

1/18/2018  8:55 PM
EnySpree wrote:I'm just saying they need to develop young guys at his poison as it is. Where do they have time for Hayes?

There was a rumor floating around that they planned to stretch Deng. Maybe they just need more bodies or they're doing an agent a favor? I don't know what they're thinking over there. It's all good. It means more shots for Dotson in Westchester. Hicks seemed like the better prospect anyway.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Posts: 21485
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

1/18/2018  9:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm just saying they need to develop young guys at his poison as it is. Where do they have time for Hayes?

There was a rumor floating around that they planned to stretch Deng. Maybe they just need more bodies or they're doing an agent a favor? I don't know what they're thinking over there. It's all good. It means more shots for Dotson in Westchester. Hicks seemed like the better prospect anyway.

Hicks is an old fashioned four who can't stretch defenses. Hayes can do these things plus defend the perimeter better.

EnySpree
Posts: 44512
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

1/19/2018  8:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2018  8:10 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm just saying they need to develop young guys at his poison as it is. Where do they have time for Hayes?

There was a rumor floating around that they planned to stretch Deng. Maybe they just need more bodies or they're doing an agent a favor? I don't know what they're thinking over there. It's all good. It means more shots for Dotson in Westchester. Hicks seemed like the better prospect anyway.

Ok yeah I get that. The whole stretch thing and agent favor thing. Magic is the pres so might be some old school thing going on

You know why I'm here....
nixluva
Posts: 55937
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
1/29/2018  8:57 PM
I wonder if he’d come back to the Knicks?

CrushAlot
Posts: 55977
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
1/29/2018  9:50 PM
nixluva wrote:I wonder if he’d come back to the Knicks?


I think they have his g league rights.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Nalod
Posts: 54759
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
1/30/2018  2:14 PM
Funny, he impressed nobody around here but the LA lakers to sign him to a 10day contract!
I saw him light up the Greensboro Swarm. His shooting stroke looked good that night. He was impressive.
Obviously he got a call up which bodes well for him. enough to stick? not yet. He can come back to the Lakers and often guys do.
Im not advocating for him but if McDermott went down or left via trade, the kid can play.
Anger sells, don't buy!
reub
Posts: 21485
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

1/30/2018  5:01 PM
Nalod wrote:Funny, he impressed nobody around here but the LA lakers to sign him to a 10day contract!
I saw him light up the Greensboro Swarm. His shooting stroke looked good that night. He was impressive.
Obviously he got a call up which bodes well for him. enough to stick? not yet. He can come back to the Lakers and often guys do.
Im not advocating for him but if McDermott went down or left via trade, the kid can play.

McDermott has faded and is expiring. Lance is one dimensional and overpaid. Hayes might fit in better long term for us than either of these guys.

CrushAlot
Posts: 55977
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
1/31/2018  7:51 PM
He's back with the W's.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Lakers signing W-Knick Nigel Hayes

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.