[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP At The Five
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

1/18/2018  5:04 PM
I was watching Porzingis last night against Memphis at the end of the game and he looks to almost be ready to dominate at the five. He led our comeback (which fell short thanks to the refs) but he really dominated, blocking multiple shots and excelling on offense. He even rebounded well and looked a lot more comfortable playing alongside Beasley (who took some of the scoring pressure off of him) and not having to chase smaller guys on the perimeter. He really looked great.
What do we do with all of our other centers and who do we add at the three if we keep going with KP and the Bease? Mikal Bridges would probably be perfect to add for next year.
AUTOADVERT
skoonix
Member: #5909

1/18/2018  5:29 PM
I agree - he seems over the ankle and knee injury and is playing better. I love the team without Melo but it
is SO aggravating watching them of late figure out how to LOSE a game instead of learning how to seal a win.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/18/2018  5:50 PM
The Griz without Gasol do not have a good front line. The Nets play positionless basketball and do not have good bigs. I think KP is a 4. He doesn't rebound or set screens well enough to play the 5 many minutes.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/18/2018  6:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:The Griz without Gasol do not have a good front line. The Nets play positionless basketball and do not have good bigs. I think KP is a 4. He doesn't rebound or set screens well enough to play the 5 many minutes.

C are different now in the nBA--KP in some ways is a perfect 5.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/18/2018  6:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2018  6:41 PM
How many stupid games do we lose before we make adjustments?

Too many damn cliches going around, too many favorites, too many excuses...

We have talent... Beasley earned the right to start with Kp.... that's the 4/5... Kanter off the bench. THJr needs his starting spot back. Thomas could continue starting at the 3 now only cuz we have 3 clear scorers surrounding him.

Frank needs to go to the g league. He's fantastic but often he's completely useless. Jarred Jack is doing what he's doing. Bring Frank back after all star break. Play Burke as a change of pace player. Courtney Lee is playing over his head he needs to come of the bench with KOQ and the rest

Fuck! I'm sick of it

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/18/2018  6:52 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:The Griz without Gasol do not have a good front line. The Nets play positionless basketball and do not have good bigs. I think KP is a 4. He doesn't rebound or set screens well enough to play the 5 many minutes.

How can he be a 5 when he gets push around, he should be a 3 or 4..

ES
EnySpree

1/18/2018  7:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

He gets pushed around by guards when he has the ball ... but he still protects the **** out of the rim and abuses guys his size. That's why you start him with Beas... you can't cheat with both guys out there.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/18/2018  8:49 PM

I like JaMychal Green he is pretty good

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/18/2018  10:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

He's the ideal five of the future. Elite shooter and shot blocker. He can be the foundation for a death lineup but one where we don't compensate size. 5 out lineup. It's what most teams want if they had the pieces for it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/18/2018  10:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Why isn't he a perfect 4? And what in your mind makes him a perfect 5?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
1/18/2018  11:01 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I think he's a great 4 as well. His days as a perfect 5 are still a ways away. I agree with Briggs though. I think eventually putting him at the 5 makes this team a matchup nightmare, with the right 3 and 4.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/18/2018  11:05 PM
He can play both when needed. We can “go small” with a 7’3 center. How freaking cool is that!
What most of us want takes time.
Time to make changes, sign talent, draft and trade.
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

1/18/2018  11:19 PM
Agree that KP at the 5 makes sense and is becoming our preferred way of closing games, but the issue is on defensive rebounding with him at the 5. We get killed on the boards when he is at the 5
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/19/2018  12:19 AM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't think he has the agility and body control of guys who are 6-8 through 6-10-- that 5-6 inches is a lot. When you put him at 4 I'm assuming we have a player with even less agility mobility and speed at 5. It might be one reason why we are not a good 3 pt defense as the 4 position has become a big 3 point threat as well. I like pjs mobility much more at the 5. There's enough minutes on a game to go big 4-5 but I think we will find out in the future that kp at 5 is his best position and in the teams best interests

RIP Crushalot😞
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/19/2018  12:57 AM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

He gets pushed around by guards when he has the ball ... but he still protects the **** out of the rim and abuses guys his size. That's why you start him with Beas... you can't cheat with both guys out there.

He does protect the rim big time but it comes at a sacrifce

ES
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/19/2018  6:52 AM
Problem isn't whether KP is a 4 or 5.
It's who he is playing with.

For freaking 3 years straight this team has played KP on a "big" lineup.
Every single year the team has eventually hit a wall.

Right now every game virtually when Kanter is in with him we are down early in games.
It's not that Kanter is a bad player. He's a really good role player. But like we saw with RoLo and the team last year even playing bigger means nothing if you can't score and become post up centric.

We need to find ways to be quicker more able to launch 3 pointers and less reliant on post up or playing off size. It's not getting us enough points to start and get leads in games.

EnySpree

1/19/2018  8:13 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Problem isn't whether KP is a 4 or 5.

Right now every game virtually when Kanter is in with him we are down early in games.
It's not that Kanter is a bad player. He's a really good role player. But like we saw with RoLo and the team last year even playing bigger means nothing if you can't score and become post up centric.

We need to find ways to be quicker more able to launch 3 pointers and less reliant on post up or playing off size. It's not getting us enough points to start and get leads in games.

All of this ✔

Knixkik
USA
1/19/2018  8:44 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't think he has the agility and body control of guys who are 6-8 through 6-10-- that 5-6 inches is a lot. When you put him at 4 I'm assuming we have a player with even less agility mobility and speed at 5. It might be one reason why we are not a good 3 pt defense as the 4 position has become a big 3 point threat as well. I like pjs mobility much more at the 5. There's enough minutes on a game to go big 4-5 but I think we will find out in the future that kp at 5 is his best position and in the teams best interests

Man i wish we could find our own JaMychal Green. A PF who rebounds, defends, is athletic, and can make the open 3. The perfect PF if we are playing KP at center. Beasley can do it in stretches, but he's an offensive oriented 4 who is mainly an isolation scorer, better in a 6th man role.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/19/2018  8:53 AM
EnySpree wrote:

All of this ✔

I disagree... its a defense problem. Kanter's defense is terrible and while he sometime passes the eye test the #s tell an ugly story. Opposing 5s have an EFG of .621
That is one of the worst numbers I have ever seen.

By contrast opposing 4s have a .484 EFG vs. Porzingis

Knicks are 8th in the league in FG%
Knicks are 13th in points per 100/poss

Knicks offense isnt bad. Maybe not great but above average.

I have said from the start and still believe KP's future is a Dirk like stretch 4 who can also be one of the best rim protectors in the league

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree

1/19/2018  9:00 AM
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

All of this ✔

I disagree... its a defense problem. Kanter's defense is terrible and while he sometime passes the eye test the #s tell an ugly story. Opposing 5s have an EFG of .621
That is one of the worst numbers I have ever seen.

By contrast opposing 4s have a .484 EFG vs. Porzingis

Knicks are 8th in the league in FG%
Knicks are 13th in points per 100/poss

Knicks offense isnt bad. Maybe not great but above average.

I have said from the start and still believe KP's future is a Dirk like stretch 4 who can also be one of the best rim protectors in the league

I hate it but the nba is gong away from that. Beasley right now is the prototypical NBA power fwd. The NBA center is a 3 and d guy now. That's essentially what kp is... I hate it but that's way it is. Kanter is the perfect off the bench hammer. KOQ should be the back up pf... this is what's going to turn our team around.... but we can't keep playing around. We're going to end up losing 10 straight again going the way we're going.

KP At The Five

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy