[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pistons got killed on the boards last night and lost at home to Cha
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/16/2018  4:36 PM
They have no good size off the bench. KOQ would be a real game changer for them.

Send them the Bulls pick and get Stanley Johnson back. Knicks can build the right way around 3 elite defensive players in Frank/KP/SJ

This is a big help for both teams

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/16/2018  4:52 PM
Man Stanley is quite brutal on offense and doesn't seem to have improved his shooting at all but I have never watched him play.

Wouldnt give up the pick unless I was super confident Stanley was both a lock-down guy and at least a learner

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
1/16/2018  4:56 PM
martin wrote:Man Stanley is quite brutal on offense and doesn't seem to have improved his shooting at all but I have never watched him play.

Wouldnt give up the pick unless I was super confident Stanley was both a lock-down guy and at least a learner

I wasn't a fan of Stanley and so far he hasn't shown any signs of busting out or even being just decent. He's young but I wonder what his upside really is.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/16/2018  5:01 PM
martin wrote:Man Stanley is quite brutal on offense and doesn't seem to have improved his shooting at all but I have never watched him play.

I haven't watched him much either but his shooting percentages are awful.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/16/2018  5:08 PM
don't do any trades unless getting picks back. need to stockpile assets, ala danny ainge.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/17/2018  6:29 AM
Stanley and Winslow... 2 guys we almost drafted ahead of KP. Neither guy will be in the league after their contracts are up the way they are playing. Not worth giving up draft picks for... but there was a guy that needed a scenery change its Stanley Johnson
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
USA
1/17/2018  9:45 AM
EnySpree wrote:Stanley and Winslow... 2 guys we almost drafted ahead of KP. Neither guy will be in the league after their contracts are up the way they are playing. Not worth giving up draft picks for... but there was a guy that needed a scenery change its Stanley Johnson
Johnson is 21. There is nothing about his game that cant be fixed, but there is some fixing needed. Detroit giving up on him would be like giving up on Ariza and possibly a better version.

Im talking about giving up the Bull's pick (2nd rounder) not ours. We are going to find a better prospect than a 21 year old Stanley Johnson in round 2? This is a buy low chance. At worst he's Lance Thomas on a budget. At best he's Ron Artest part II. A guy who can guard 3-4 positions/players on the floor.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/17/2018  10:15 AM
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Stanley and Winslow... 2 guys we almost drafted ahead of KP. Neither guy will be in the league after their contracts are up the way they are playing. Not worth giving up draft picks for... but there was a guy that needed a scenery change its Stanley Johnson
Johnson is 21. There is nothing about his game that cant be fixed, but there is some fixing needed. Detroit giving up on him would be like giving up on Ariza and possibly a better version.

Im talking about giving up the Bull's pick (2nd rounder) not ours. We are going to find a better prospect than a 21 year old Stanley Johnson in round 2? This is a buy low chance. At worst he's Lance Thomas on a budget. At best he's Ron Artest part II. A guy who can guard 3-4 positions/players on the floor.

Ariza is a good comparison. I'd take a chance. I don't see the need to give up a pick if we're sending O'Quinn tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/17/2018  12:38 PM

I agree. At this point I'd rather have the pick period. We can pick a better play at that spot than Stanley has demonstrated

The fact that he Stanley was picked 8th is water under the bridge. He's not that good. Or we'd have to believe we have some special skill in transforming his game -- in which case why wouldn't you devote that magic to a second rounders who's all D but whose offense can improve

(5)(5)
blkexec
Member: #748
1/17/2018  12:49 PM
I think Stanley Johnson would help this team. He just needs a change. I lived in AZ and followed him a little. I'm not sure if he's a starter, but I know his defense, hustle and energy would help this team.

Take away the offense and he's very similar to Ron Artest. But he's a poor mans version, still lacking offensive consistency. But I rather groom a 21 year old two way player with potential, and Lance Thomas could be his mentor.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
USA
1/17/2018  6:09 PM
blkexec wrote:I think Stanley Johnson would help this team. He just needs a change. I lived in AZ and followed him a little. I'm not sure if he's a starter, but I know his defense, hustle and energy would help this team.

Take away the offense and he's very similar to Ron Artest. But he's a poor mans version, still lacking offensive consistency. But I rather groom a 21 year old two way player with potential, and Lance Thomas could be his mentor.

this is my thought process. What am I trading KOQ for? A 21 year old in the pipeline who can be a big part of my rotation for years to come, depending on how good he gets. Look at how important Smart is to Brad Stevens. He shoots a terrible %, but there are other aspects including continuity.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/17/2018  6:40 PM
Strange shooting motion...you saw signs that he might be a solid player his rookie year, but little improvement since then...at the very least, inconsistency. Unlike many rookies, he was physically ready from day one, and is a superior athlete.

No idea why he hasn't blossomed.

Would be intrigued if we could get him for KOQ straight up.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/17/2018  6:48 PM
fishmike wrote:They have no good size off the bench. KOQ would be a real game changer for them.

Send them the Bulls pick and get Stanley Johnson back. Knicks can build the right way around 3 elite defensive players in Frank/KP/SJ

This is a big help for both teams

Stanley Johnson is in his 3 rd and hes shooting 34%. Id rather hold my assets.

RIP Crushalot😞
VCoug
Member: #1406

1/17/2018  9:03 PM

There's no way Winslow is out of the league after his current contract. He's nowhere nearly as good as I thought he was going to be but he's clearly an NBA caliber player. I'd take him in a heartbeat over Lance Thomas.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/17/2018  9:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Isn't that the case for most defensive players
ES
VCoug

1/17/2018  10:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Not really for wings and guards. The only guys I can think of in recent memory that got regular minutes on good teams are Marcus Smart and Tony Allen and Tony Allen was nearly unplayable in the playoffs.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
fishmike
USA
1/18/2018  9:04 AM
VCoug wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Not really for wings and guards. The only guys I can think of in recent memory that got regular minutes on good teams are Marcus Smart and Tony Allen and Tony Allen was nearly unplayable in the playoffs.

He's gonna have to shoot better. His offense needs fixing but there is a lot to work with at 21 for the cost of KOQ
VCoug

1/18/2018  11:18 AM
fishmike wrote:
VCoug wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He's gonna have to shoot better. His offense needs fixing but there is a lot to work with at 21 for the cost of KOQ

I feel like we should be getting something a little better than Johnson for KOQ. His offense so brutally bad and I don't think his defense is at a level to make up for it.

fishmike
USA
1/18/2018  11:55 AM
VCoug wrote:
fishmike wrote:
VCoug wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I feel like we should be getting something a little better than Johnson for KOQ. His offense so brutally bad and I don't think his defense is at a level to make up for it.

would you prefer a late #1 from a playoff team? My thought is this. I know he can defend in the NBA at a high level. My thought process is getting his offense to the point of serviceable is an easier task than finding a rotation player after 25 with similar impact.

SJ is 21.. if you can get his shooting #s in the low 40% zone like Ariza you have a really valuable piece.
next year:
Frank 20
KP 22
SJ 21

We still have our own pick to bring in someone as well.

I sure have no problem with a better offer. Im not sure how stockpiling later picks helps much though. We saw with Boston they had all these "assets" but really they were just young guys who werent very good. I am good with some, but too many isnt good. We also have Dotson in that mix as well.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/18/2018  1:40 PM
fishmike wrote:
VCoug wrote:
fishmike wrote:
VCoug wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

would you prefer a late #1 from a playoff team? My thought is this. I know he can defend in the NBA at a high level. My thought process is getting his offense to the point of serviceable is an easier task than finding a rotation player after 25 with similar impact.

SJ is 21.. if you can get his shooting #s in the low 40% zone like Ariza you have a really valuable piece.
next year:
Frank 20
KP 22
SJ 21

We still have our own pick to bring in someone as well.

I sure have no problem with a better offer. Im not sure how stockpiling later picks helps much though. We saw with Boston they had all these "assets" but really they were just young guys who werent very good. I am good with some, but too many isnt good. We also have Dotson in that mix as well.

Fishmike doesn't it concern you that he isn't get minutes with SVG who prioritizes D?

I'd give up KOQ because he's probably leaving anyway, but not the pick. There have been some real quality players in the NBA coming in with a high second rounder

I'd prefer to trust our drafting over our re-building SJ offense (and assuming there aren't other issues -- which I personally am not assuming)

(5)(5)
Pistons got killed on the boards last night and lost at home to Cha

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy