[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: MLK Day game @ Brooklyn
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/16/2018  6:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2018  6:10 PM
Juliano wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:To me, driving to the hoop is something he must do every time he sees an opening. He's got the length to finish and pass out of the paint. Better than having TOs at the top of the key where the other team is already halfway down the court. If he has a TO in the paint, its still ok because there are other defenders back.

He did go for that dunk and ended up on his arse. He's not physically mature enough to compete in the paint, he's gonna get battered there, I think that's why he's reluctant (and maybe the coaching staff as well). He looks like a kid that hasn't hit the weights yet, and rightly so. You shouldn't do it before you're through with growing, it's not good and can ultimately shorten one's career. I was skinny till I turned 20, then I went to the gym for two years and I think it was the perfect time since I haven't looked skinny since, even though I don't do any weightlifting anymore.

I was thrilled to see Frank take it so strong to the rim, rejected or not. Frank and Baker wont be able to take the next step without taking their licks in the paint.

Eventually they will be less reluctant to drive, the fear of getting the ball rejected, knocked down, wont be as bad as it is now. Doesn't have to be a dunk. Frank has a long wingspan, does not have to elevate as high to lay it in.

There is no weight that will completely prepare him for taking those hits. Its also about learning to maintain your balance in the air, after contact. That takes practice. Players in this league smaller, of slighter build than Frank, who wont hesitate to draw contact. Has to work through it, same with Baker. The sooner the better. Psychological as much as it is physical.

AUTOADVERT
Zebo13
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6434
USA
1/16/2018  6:53 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:frank played like this game after game in the euro league, especially as tournament play got torqued up. it was all available to see on video. it's obviously a huge adjustment to translate that effectiveness to the nba. he showed today he's got it, the next step is to up the consistency. similar to porzingis showing earlier in the year that he can be a top-10 player in the league but then showing he hasn't got the consistency yet to sustain it.

feel like Frank is at the same stage KP was as a rookie. Shows flashes, can't do it on a consistent basis but plenty of evidence to suggest he could.

IMHO sky is the limit for both guys as long as they work their game and body in offseason.

Not even close dude. KP was playing like a player that belonged in the NBA during his rookie season. The game Frank had today was a game KP was having every 2-3 games or so. Frank had a one in a bluemoon outing against a **** club. Frank is still years behind unless this game is start of a major turning point. Also, KP didn't have a negative WS48.

Though this comes off as harsh, that is not to say that Frank hasn't shown flashes every now and then and that he wont become a near triple double machine 4-5 years from now, but we have to keep our assesments honest.

PG position is much harder to fill into then just playing other positions. KP had a nice cushion with Melo, Lopez and even Afflalo to work with; he was at best the second option on the team or even third on offense. KP is also a year older than Frank when they entered league.

KP was doing more unicorny things at this stage and maybe it was more often, but really who cares? Maybe KP's potential is higher than Franks, but again who cares?

I feel like I've seen enough such that Frank will have the same jumps as KP did in second and third years.

Fair comment about KP being a year older and that the PG position is harder to fill but Frank is playing on a better team. He is playing with KP,Thjr, Lee, Kanter, a better KOQ and is surrounded by fantastic hardworking role players as well. The environment he is playing in is more supportive and less toxic.

To your “who cares” comment you are right in the sense that at the end of the day the most important thing that matters to a that Frank gets to where he is, but in terms of how long it takes to get there it most certainly matters Imo that KP showd a lot more flashes of what he was capable of relative to Frank.

I think Franks jump will be contingent on his feel for the game. If he can continue to be aggressive and not let his confidence sink every time he throws the ball away then sure

To me, it looks like considering Frank didn't play much preseason and there was that injury he was dealing with, I think its not going to get substantially better for the rest of this season. I always get the impression from him that he is in..."this is year 1 of my nba career, so i am going to make sure i remain healthy, team goals are secondary"
If that is true, that approach is understandable, but this is a what have you done for me lately league. If he is too careful about his health, someone could easily steal that spot from him.

To me, driving to the hoop is something he must do every time he sees an opening. He's got the length to finish and pass out of the paint. Better than having TOs at the top of the key where the other team is already halfway down the court. If he has a TO in the paint, its still ok because there are other defenders back.

I know you missed the game but if you saw him go for a two handed dunk head to head with Allen, their biggest and best shot blocker, you wouldn’t think he was playing to stay healthy. It was pretty boss. He just plays with a more controlled pace than we’re used to seeing. He had been getting more aggressive and as our offense (KP and Timmy) get more keyed into by the opposing defenses it will open more lanes for him to drive.

i didn't miss the whole game, i missed up to the point where 1 min later trey burke was benched.
1 play in half a season does not make it pretty boss.

My bad homie, I thought we were wanting signs of growth, not just judging him by his first half a season in the league.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/17/2018  9:26 AM
Zebo13 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:frank played like this game after game in the euro league, especially as tournament play got torqued up. it was all available to see on video. it's obviously a huge adjustment to translate that effectiveness to the nba. he showed today he's got it, the next step is to up the consistency. similar to porzingis showing earlier in the year that he can be a top-10 player in the league but then showing he hasn't got the consistency yet to sustain it.

feel like Frank is at the same stage KP was as a rookie. Shows flashes, can't do it on a consistent basis but plenty of evidence to suggest he could.

IMHO sky is the limit for both guys as long as they work their game and body in offseason.

Not even close dude. KP was playing like a player that belonged in the NBA during his rookie season. The game Frank had today was a game KP was having every 2-3 games or so. Frank had a one in a bluemoon outing against a **** club. Frank is still years behind unless this game is start of a major turning point. Also, KP didn't have a negative WS48.

Though this comes off as harsh, that is not to say that Frank hasn't shown flashes every now and then and that he wont become a near triple double machine 4-5 years from now, but we have to keep our assesments honest.

PG position is much harder to fill into then just playing other positions. KP had a nice cushion with Melo, Lopez and even Afflalo to work with; he was at best the second option on the team or even third on offense. KP is also a year older than Frank when they entered league.

KP was doing more unicorny things at this stage and maybe it was more often, but really who cares? Maybe KP's potential is higher than Franks, but again who cares?

I feel like I've seen enough such that Frank will have the same jumps as KP did in second and third years.

Fair comment about KP being a year older and that the PG position is harder to fill but Frank is playing on a better team. He is playing with KP,Thjr, Lee, Kanter, a better KOQ and is surrounded by fantastic hardworking role players as well. The environment he is playing in is more supportive and less toxic.

To your “who cares” comment you are right in the sense that at the end of the day the most important thing that matters to a that Frank gets to where he is, but in terms of how long it takes to get there it most certainly matters Imo that KP showd a lot more flashes of what he was capable of relative to Frank.

I think Franks jump will be contingent on his feel for the game. If he can continue to be aggressive and not let his confidence sink every time he throws the ball away then sure

To me, it looks like considering Frank didn't play much preseason and there was that injury he was dealing with, I think its not going to get substantially better for the rest of this season. I always get the impression from him that he is in..."this is year 1 of my nba career, so i am going to make sure i remain healthy, team goals are secondary"
If that is true, that approach is understandable, but this is a what have you done for me lately league. If he is too careful about his health, someone could easily steal that spot from him.

To me, driving to the hoop is something he must do every time he sees an opening. He's got the length to finish and pass out of the paint. Better than having TOs at the top of the key where the other team is already halfway down the court. If he has a TO in the paint, its still ok because there are other defenders back.

I know you missed the game but if you saw him go for a two handed dunk head to head with Allen, their biggest and best shot blocker, you wouldn’t think he was playing to stay healthy. It was pretty boss. He just plays with a more controlled pace than we’re used to seeing. He had been getting more aggressive and as our offense (KP and Timmy) get more keyed into by the opposing defenses it will open more lanes for him to drive.

i didn't miss the whole game, i missed up to the point where 1 min later trey burke was benched.

My bad homie, I thought we were wanting signs of growth, not just judging him by his first half a season in the league.

Put it this way, if he does this on the entire road trip, then I'll say yes...signs of growth.
Otherwise, this was 1 game and not a sign of growth.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/17/2018  11:28 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:

Put it this way, if he does this on the entire road trip, then I'll say yes...signs of growth.
Otherwise, this was 1 game and not a sign of growth.

It was the most aggressive offensive thing he’s done. So that’s it. He’s getting more aggressive.

GameThread: MLK Day game @ Brooklyn

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy