BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/14/2018  8:27 PM
Chandler Hutchison Sg 6-7 215 7-1 wingspan
Keta Bates Diop Sf 6-8 235 7-3 wingspan
-------------------------
Jalen Brunson PG rd 2

Yeah no one else throws out any names and then--oh Briggs you missed on a couple there--but the fact is I actually watch and find the guys! If I go back and show how many dead on pegs I have--Id fill the board up.

One PG in round 2 and make our first and 2nd rd picks turn into these two--forget the draft boards and take my word for these three
dropping bonzie Colson--with broken foot undersized player will need to prove it for a draft pick.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/14/2018  8:46 PM
I have been intrigued by Diop.
BRIGGS
1/14/2018  8:50 PM
Vmart wrote:I have been intrigued by Diop.

I dont mind waiting for Frank but Id rather have the next Kyle Kuzma right now. Im looking for older guys who can play--after the top 6-7 guys it f drops like a rock. these guys who are not even projected picks are just as good as anyone after that mark.

RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

1/14/2018  9:04 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I dont mind waiting for Frank but Id rather have the next Kyle Kuzma right now. Im looking for older guys who can play--after the top 6-7 guys it f drops like a rock. these guys who are not even projected picks are just as good as anyone after that mark.

Also what's the point of drafting 19 year olds (unless they're very special) and developing them for 3 or 4 years until they start producing and then having to give them max contracts after year #5? At least with a slightly older rookie you might get more production at an earlier time from them.

BRIGGS
1/14/2018  9:28 PM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Also what's the point of drafting 19 year olds (unless they're very special) and developing them for 3 or 4 years until they start producing and then having to give them max contracts after year #5? At least with a slightly older rookie you might get more production at an earlier time from them.

Agree Id rather look for dray green's Kyle Kuzma types--- I already know about Bagley Aayton Doncic trae young etc.. everyone knows those guys--they already great.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/14/2018  9:30 PM
also maybe KP isnt a #1 --imagine how good we are if KP was a #3or 4 and fit more into a system.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/14/2018  11:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2018  11:27 PM

What you like about this guy. Hes almost 6-8 yet he can handle it like a true combo guard. He makes quick decisions and crisp passes. Hes got length and body control. Hes got a good shooting form. He can rebound and bring it up full court. Hes avg 25.3 9 rebounds and 3.5 assits since in his last 11 games coming back from injury. Again great pro guard body with long arms.

scored 44 last night

Look at his handle at 6-8--this guy has the goods to be an nba star.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/15/2018  11:36 AM
If Im past 7 or so in the draft--Ill trade down just a bit and take Hutchinson and Diop. There is NO other 6-8 guard in this draft who can handle shoot pass rebound and defend like Hutchinson. Its a Kuzma case---if last years draft was done over Kuzma would be top 10--same thing here--the guy has come into his own has unique size and skill sets(lottery pick body and skills) and is being discounted for staying in school. Diop not as athletic but unique --id rather trade down and get both then just take a pick around 11-12.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/15/2018  5:18 PM
You watch the games.
You find the guys.
Then post videos. So its like someone already “found them”?
Maybe?
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/15/2018  6:28 PM
Although I believe you have a terrible eye for talent, I do respect the fact that you're not afraid to put yourself out when it comes to potential future NBA players

As for the thread topic...I remember Diop when he first came to the scene (was he hurt last season?) and he has bad ball skills and below average defender. I see he is having a pretty good year but aside from Michigan St, their schedule is pretty cupcake.

Don't know anything about this Chandler kid

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/17/2018  9:10 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

I agree with you. Both of these guys are starting to climb the draft boards now. There's not much star upside outside of the top 7 guys, so i would rather draft a guy who can be a rotation player right away and a good NBA role player. Both guys you mentioned fit the bill. Hutchison has that all-around ability to be a good future 6th man. Diop-Bates has an NBA body and if his 3pt is legit, he could become a better version of Lance Thomas. Grabbing someone like this is fine to me. Another guy who fits that category is Shake Milton. He can shoot, defend, and handle the ball. Reminds me of Brogdon.

Ira
Member: #91
1/17/2018  9:26 AM
Mikal Bridges is the guy who I hope we get with our 1st round pick, but he may be gone before our turn.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/17/2018  9:42 AM
Ira wrote:Mikal Bridges is the guy who I hope we get with our 1st round pick, but he may be gone before our turn.

I agree, he's ideal. But Hutchison, Milton, and Bates Diop are all players 6'6+ with similar skillsets has Bridges, but are just flying under the radar.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/17/2018  10:43 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Chandler Hutchison Sg 6-7 215 7-1 wingspan
Jalen Brunson PG rd 2

Yeah no one else throws out any names and then--oh Briggs you missed on a couple there--but the fact is I actually watch and find the guys! If I go back and show how many dead on pegs I have--Id fill the board up.

One PG in round 2 and make our first and 2nd rd picks turn into these two--forget the draft boards and take my word for these three
dropping bonzie Colson--with broken foot undersized player will need to prove it for a draft pick.

How hard is it to find guys that are putting up big stats for teams that aren't big name schools for basketball and then throw their names in a thread on a message board? I can go on the internet and find kids that are putting up good stats for their teams and post their names on a message board.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/17/2018  10:57 AM
I'm telling you Jarred Vanderbilt is the guy we draft. He finally played last night because of injury. The kid is dynamic. Scottie Pippen like
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/17/2018  11:12 AM
EnySpree wrote:I'm telling you Jarred Vanderbilt is the guy we draft. He finally played last night because of injury. The kid is dynamic. Scottie Pippen like

I've been waiting for this kid to play all season. Gonna see if Incan find highlights. They say he can't really shoot but is one of those stat filler types.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/17/2018  11:13 AM
Also Briggs I dropped the name Kyrie Thomas earlier.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BRIGGS
1/17/2018  12:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2018  12:51 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Chandler Hutchison Sg 6-7 215 7-1 wingspan
Jalen Brunson PG rd 2

How hard is it to find guys that are putting up big stats for teams that aren't big name schools for basketball and then throw their names in a thread on a message board? I can go on the internet and find kids that are putting up good stats for their teams and post their names on a message board.

There are plenty of players who put up great stats who have 0/100 chance of playing in the NBA. Its good to have numbers--but rather in terms of nBA--you are looking at body athleticism skill sets length team play ball handling defense---most of these guys with great college stats have no chance. Its easy to to criticize without actually watching the games and finding the players. In this case you have two 6-8 guys with long arms who happen to have NBA skill sets imho. I dont see any post going back years where you identified anything--although you will say you did right:)

Two yeras ago I found Malcolm Brogdon--I even said he was my number 1 choice if the Knicks could acquire a second rounder. I look for 2nd res most of the time thats why its not a perfect science. Everyone knows who the top 10 guys are--thats easy.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/17/2018  1:09 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm telling you Jarred Vanderbilt is the guy we draft. He finally played last night because of injury. The kid is dynamic. Scottie Pippen like

I've been waiting for this kid to play all season. Gonna see if Incan find highlights. They say he can't really shoot but is one of those stat filler types.

Yeah, the talent is there. The injury was the only real question. We could be looking at both Bridges, Knox and Vanderbilt where we pick. I like Vanderbilt's upside the most. I also like the subtle improvements Miles Bridges is making as 3. Still, I'm wary of reaching.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/17/2018  1:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Yeah, the talent is there. The injury was the only real question. We could be looking at both Bridges, Knox and Vanderbilt where we pick. I like Vanderbilt's upside the most. I also like the subtle improvements Miles Bridges is making as 3. Still, I'm wary of reaching.

It all depends on Perry next move. I know we want to stay young... but do we make a move to try an acquire another 25 ish talent on a starter level? If we win more Vanderbelt and the guys mentioned might still be there

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Two guys you watch this draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy