[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: What's The Deal With Josh Jackson? Can We Get Him?
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

1/12/2018  11:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2018  11:38 PM
The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25967
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

1/13/2018  12:10 AM
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

What's wrong with Josh Jackson? One word: Phoenix. But I doubt they give up on him this soon.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Posts: 33109
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
1/13/2018  3:57 AM
Wonder if they regret not trading Kyrie Irving for him
newyorknewyork
Posts: 28004
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
1/13/2018  8:54 AM
He should be in consideration for our pick come draft time.
NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

1/13/2018  10:05 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

What's wrong with Josh Jackson? One word: Phoenix. But I doubt they give up on him this soon.


The Sarver years have been Dolan-lite but even so, what they are doing with Josh makes little sense. You would think that they'd at least have him in the G-League if he were not NBA-ready. Them not doing so makes me wonder if they are trying to hide him in order to protect his trade value. It might be worth prodding around as an organization because I was a very big fan of Josh in the draft (had him no.2 on my wishlist) due to what I perceived as an ocean of potential.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

1/13/2018  10:11 AM
smackeddog wrote:Wonder if they regret not trading Kyrie Irving for him

Not sure but I doubt it since I couldn't see Kyrie re-signing there. They have become a joke of a franchise and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Had that deal happened though, we might've ended up as the primary beneficiaries if/when Kyrie walked since he is a native to the tri-state area and would be looking for a bigger stage to boost his status. In spite of his play this season under Stephens though, I'm still not a fan of his and would've preferred to pass.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

1/13/2018  10:14 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:He should be in consideration for our pick come draft time.

Same here especially since this draft is so heavy at 4 and 5 spots. But I do wonder if there is a deeper story to this that would justify what the Suns are doing with him....

Jmpasq
Posts: 23441
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

1/13/2018  11:08 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

What's wrong with Josh Jackson? One word: Phoenix. But I doubt they give up on him this soon.


The Sarver years have been Dolan-lite but even so, what they are doing with Josh makes little sense. You would think that they'd at least have him in the G-League if he were not NBA-ready. Them not doing so makes me wonder if they are trying to hide him in order to protect his trade value. It might be worth prodding around as an organization because I was a very big fan of Josh in the draft (had him no.2 on my wishlist) due to what I perceived as an ocean of potential.

If we are in the 10-14 range it would be a great trade. We just have to he raises his 3point shooting to .350

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

1/13/2018  11:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  11:15 AM
Phoenix doesn't know how to develop talent. That kid Alex Len should be a star right now. Why are they still playing Chandler so much? Tj Warren, maquis Chriss, bender....as I look through the roster they have a ton of nice Talent. They all have had points on the season where they had stretches where they put up great numbers, then they get buried back on the bench. Sucks... they should be better.
You know why I'm here....
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25967
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

1/13/2018  11:51 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

What's wrong with Josh Jackson? One word: Phoenix. But I doubt they give up on him this soon.


The Sarver years have been Dolan-lite but even so, what they are doing with Josh makes little sense. You would think that they'd at least have him in the G-League if he were not NBA-ready. Them not doing so makes me wonder if they are trying to hide him in order to protect his trade value. It might be worth prodding around as an organization because I was a very big fan of Josh in the draft (had him no.2 on my wishlist) due to what I perceived as an ocean of potential.


Looking at his numbers and he should be called Osh Ackson. His shooting #s are abysmal and it looks the Sun's want to fix his shot after the season. It's easy for the Jackson, Winslow, Stanley Johnson types to use their ability to create mismatches in college. It becomes harder to do that without a 3 in the pros. Jackson still looks like a good prospect athletically.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Posts: 29587
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
1/13/2018  2:08 PM
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

I'm sure it would take minimum this year's 1st round pick and 1 of the 2nd round picks. I would consider, although i don't have a lot of faith in him. And to think, a few here wanted to trade KP for a pick to draft him last summer.

CrushAlot
Posts: 56972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
1/13/2018  2:17 PM
Knixkik wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

I'm sure it would take minimum this year's 1st round pick and 1 of the 2nd round picks. I would consider, although i don't have a lot of faith in him. And to think, a few here wanted to trade KP for a pick to draft him last summer.

A lot of draft guys were saying he is a can't miss prospect. His mental approach to the game was compared to KG by a few guys that are supposed to know that stuff. I think you consider trading for him.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Knixkik
Posts: 29587
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
1/13/2018  2:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

I'm sure it would take minimum this year's 1st round pick and 1 of the 2nd round picks. I would consider, although i don't have a lot of faith in him. And to think, a few here wanted to trade KP for a pick to draft him last summer.

A lot of draft guys were saying he is a can't miss prospect. His mental approach to the game was compared to KG by a few guys that are supposed to know that stuff. I think you consider trading for him.

I thought he was considered to have questionable character issues? And had a bit of a reputation in college for just going thru the motions? still, i would take a chance.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

1/13/2018  2:55 PM
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

I'm sure it would take minimum this year's 1st round pick and 1 of the 2nd round picks. I would consider, although i don't have a lot of faith in him. And to think, a few here wanted to trade KP for a pick to draft him last summer.

A lot of draft guys were saying he is a can't miss prospect. His mental approach to the game was compared to KG by a few guys that are supposed to know that stuff. I think you consider trading for him.

I thought he was considered to have questionable character issues? And had a bit of a reputation in college for just going thru the motions? still, i would take a chance.

He had some kind of outburst with a female athlete where he allegedly damaged her car and threatened her. Some would automatically label him as a bad egg from one incident but I wasn't there, don't know the full details and most certainly won't judge knowing how readily a man is assigned the villian role in any and every incident involving a woman. Aside from that incident, all I've heard about him was stuff about his intelligence, maturity and how respectful he is.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

1/13/2018  3:03 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

What's wrong with Josh Jackson? One word: Phoenix. But I doubt they give up on him this soon.


The Sarver years have been Dolan-lite but even so, what they are doing with Josh makes little sense. You would think that they'd at least have him in the G-League if he were not NBA-ready. Them not doing so makes me wonder if they are trying to hide him in order to protect his trade value. It might be worth prodding around as an organization because I was a very big fan of Josh in the draft (had him no.2 on my wishlist) due to what I perceived as an ocean of potential.

If we are in the 10-14 range it would be a great trade. We just have to he raises his 3point shooting to .350

My initial reaction was that a 10-14 pick would be too low to field a competitive offer but thinking of how little we've seen of Jackson, I backed off. There have been plenty of former stars, who at 18 and 19 year olds got limited time their first year....but they still got time....and usually had a bonafide starter ahead of them e.g. Eddie Jones to Kobe Bryant, Rasheed Wallace/Brian Grant to Jermaine O'Neal, Tom Googlitia to Kevin Garnett, etc. All Josh Jackson has is TJ Warren and Jared Dudley, the latter of whom is a fringe NBA player at this point. So maybe there is something up with Josh and we'd only need a late lottery pick to get him. Like you (I think), I'm inclined to take the chance because shooting seems to be his only issue.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

1/13/2018  3:05 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

What's wrong with Josh Jackson? One word: Phoenix. But I doubt they give up on him this soon.


The Sarver years have been Dolan-lite but even so, what they are doing with Josh makes little sense. You would think that they'd at least have him in the G-League if he were not NBA-ready. Them not doing so makes me wonder if they are trying to hide him in order to protect his trade value. It might be worth prodding around as an organization because I was a very big fan of Josh in the draft (had him no.2 on my wishlist) due to what I perceived as an ocean of potential.


Looking at his numbers and he should be called Osh Ackson. His shooting #s are abysmal and it looks the Sun's want to fix his shot after the season. It's easy for the Jackson, Winslow, Stanley Johnson types to use their ability to create mismatches in college. It becomes harder to do that without a 3 in the pros. Jackson still looks like a good prospect athletically.

They could fix his shot now. He's hardly getting any playing time, which leaves plenty of time to dedicate to the task. They could even send him to the G-league but for some reason don't. Have you ever seen a situation like this before?

NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

1/13/2018  3:08 PM
Knixkik wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

I'm sure it would take minimum this year's 1st round pick and 1 of the 2nd round picks. I would consider, although i don't have a lot of faith in him. And to think, a few here wanted to trade KP for a pick to draft him last summer.

He's a Swiss-Army knife of a player that plays a position devoid of talent or future prospects. That profile alone is enough for me to roll the dice with him but I admit that his prototype has failed or been failing so far e.g. Justise Winslow, Stanley Johnson, Corey Brewer, Wesley Johnson, etc.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 25967
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

1/13/2018  6:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  6:10 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:The Suns were not playing him at all until recently and I'm wondering if they're wavering on him. I've never seen a player that young, picked that high on a team going nowhere not receive consistent, if any playing time. It all makes me wonder if he could be acquired relatively inexpensively. I doubt it but would still throw out the Bulls' second rounder, Doug McDermott and cash for Josh to see what the Suns' counter would be.

What's wrong with Josh Jackson? One word: Phoenix. But I doubt they give up on him this soon.


The Sarver years have been Dolan-lite but even so, what they are doing with Josh makes little sense. You would think that they'd at least have him in the G-League if he were not NBA-ready. Them not doing so makes me wonder if they are trying to hide him in order to protect his trade value. It might be worth prodding around as an organization because I was a very big fan of Josh in the draft (had him no.2 on my wishlist) due to what I perceived as an ocean of potential.


Looking at his numbers and he should be called Osh Ackson. His shooting #s are abysmal and it looks the Sun's want to fix his shot after the season. It's easy for the Jackson, Winslow, Stanley Johnson types to use their ability to create mismatches in college. It becomes harder to do that without a 3 in the pros. Jackson still looks like a good prospect athletically.

They could fix his shot now. He's hardly getting any playing time, which leaves plenty of time to dedicate to the task. They could even send him to the G-league but for some reason don't. Have you ever seen a situation like this before?


Yeah, they should send him down. They actually needed him at points in the season with injuries to booker, Warren etc. I hope he gets traded for his sake.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
OT: What's The Deal With Josh Jackson? Can We Get Him?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.