[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP picking up bad habits lately...
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

1/12/2018  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2018  10:43 PM
Something that many of us have noticed the last stretch of games, but KP is starting to pick up some really bad habits when he plays.

Last game against the Bulls, I pointed out how tired he looked when he was not fighting for rebounds, was barely getting up off the floor (had no lift) and was being outhustled and outmuscled in the game.

In the last few games, I noticed that whenever he gets it in the post and decides to drive, he is a turnover waiting to happen. When he puts it on the deck, the double comes and strips the ball from him every time (he has serious tunnel vision).

He often gets switches against guards and can't post them up because they're stronger than him (unacceptable).

Tonight he was missing free throws in the 2nd half (another sign of fatigue).

He has primarily become a 7 foot jump shooter (and takes a lot of bad, contested shots). Will often settle for a deep 3 (easy way out) His shooting % has suffered as a result.

His body language has also been poor (bickering about non calls and not getting back on defense).

He told the media last week that he's tired (leaders do not do this).

I know he's young, and this is the first year of him being the lead guy and focal point of the franchise, but all these signs and bad habits are concerning from a franchise player (and, dare I say, I wonder how much of these bad habits he picked up from Melo last year?)

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/12/2018  10:45 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Something that many of us have noticed the last stretch of games, but KP is starting to pick up some really bad habits when he plays.

Last game against the Bulls, I pointed out how tired he looked when he was not fighting for rebounds, was barely getting up off the floor (had no lift) and was being outhustled and outmuscled in the game.

In the last few games, I noticed that whenever he gets it in the post and decides to drive, he is a turnover waiting to happen. When he puts it on the deck, the double comes and strips the ball from him every time (he has serious tunnel vision).

He often gets switches against guards and can't post them up because they're stronger than him (unacceptable).

He has primarily become a 7 foot jump shooter (and takes a lot of bad, contested shots). Will often settle for a deep 3 (easy way out) His shooting % has suffered as a result.

His body language has also been poor (bickering about non calls and not getting back on defense).

I know he's young, and this is the first year of him being the lead guy and focal point of the franchise, but all these signs and bad habits are concerning from a franchise player.

His energy makes Flu Tyson look energetic

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/12/2018  10:56 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Something that many of us have noticed the last stretch of games, but KP is starting to pick up some really bad habits when he plays.

I know he's young, and this is the first year of him being the lead guy and focal point of the franchise, but all these signs and bad habits are concerning from a franchise player (and, dare I say, I wonder how much of these bad habits he picked up from Melo last year?)

I think it would be good for KP to go to a 24 minute role for now. He needs to have some blood work done as well to make sure nothing bad going on.

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/12/2018  11:00 PM
How many times is KP getting thrown to the ground a game? Feels like a lot. Has to be draining on a lanky 7fter. As I mentioned in another thread, severely cutting down on falls, will give him more energy to close games.

Akido? IDK, lol.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/12/2018  11:14 PM
Gee, what's his brother have to say?

Knicks need to take a serious look at what Porzingis would bring in trade. He's getting shown up by just about every peer forward on other teams - none of whom with similar builds are getting tossed around. Porgy spent way too much time being a wannabe tough guy in Melo's entourage - poisoned his thinking.

Come summer, move him.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/12/2018  11:36 PM
He just isn't holding up to the rigors of the season. He had a fantastic start but his body couldn't hold up. Hopefully having a new management team, less franchise dysfunction, and no players versus management/coaching staff nonsense equals KP staying and working with Knick trainers this offseason.
Currently he needs a big on the floor with him at all times. He needs someone to bang and board because he can't or can't hold up if he has to.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/12/2018  11:56 PM
Expectation as usual are too high in NY.
KP is 3 years away from being in position to dominate in NBA.
He overachieve big time and now coming back to earth.
As we will have playoffs out of reach and unnecessary pressure off he will be OK.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
mlby1215
Member: #6486

1/13/2018  11:02 AM
He should have skipped his euro games in summer. His energy level is just not good enough to play that much.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/13/2018  11:51 AM
mlby1215 wrote:He should have skipped his euro games in summer. His energy level is just not good enough to play that much.

That’s what I was thinking. Playing Euros over the summer combined with intensive training is definitely going to take a toll as season goes on

The Future is Bright!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2018  12:50 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I think it would be good for KP to go to a 24 minute role for now. He needs to have some blood work done as well to make sure nothing bad going on.

Seriously, you actually think that the Knicks are negligent in the care of their players? Because you don't have access you assume its not done?
Do you have any inclination that they don't do blood tests? Or urine analysis? Or even check his poop to determine if his body is in balance?
That if the team does not, that his own trainers and dietitians are not involved? Or you that just so clairvoyant above all others?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2018  12:58 PM
"KP Picking up bad habits lately"....

1. He smokes cigarettes now.
2. Puts his elbows on the table when he eats.
3. Does not say "Bless you" when you sneeze!
4. Talks with his mouth full of food.
5. Leaves the toilet seat up.
6. Known not to be a generous tipper.
7. Does not rewind VHS tapes.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/13/2018  3:22 PM
fwk00 wrote:Gee, what's his brother have to say?

Knicks need to take a serious look at what Porzingis would bring in trade. He's getting shown up by just about every peer forward on other teams - none of whom with similar builds are getting tossed around. Porgy spent way too much time being a wannabe tough guy in Melo's entourage - poisoned his thinking.

Come summer, move him.

Trading Kristaps for trades-sake is foolish. But at the same time, I don't think trading him should be off the table completely. His health as well as our piss-poor fiscal and asset management, make me skeptical we'll ever field a contender given how slim our margain for error is.

As much as I've been a fan of Kristaps, I would've approached the Celtics during the 2017 draft and seen what their best offer would've been. Had they given me Jaylen Brown, the 3rd overall pick (e.g. Tatum or Isaac) and the Lakers' unprotected 2018 (which looks to be top 4), I might've taken it. A core of Ntilikina-Brown-Tatum/Isaac and two of Trae Young, Mohammed Bamba, Michael Porter, DeAndre Ayton, Luka Doncic and Marvin Bagley would've been tantalizing especially if it cost just one player.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/13/2018  3:35 PM

Come summer, move him.

Sorry about Phil. KP won that match up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/13/2018  3:40 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

Come summer, move him.

Trading Kristaps for trades-sake is foolish. But at the same time, I don't think trading him should be off the table completely. His health as well as our piss-poor fiscal and asset management, make me skeptical we'll ever field a contender given how slim our margain for error is.

As much as I've been a fan of Kristaps, I would've approached the Celtics during the 2017 draft and seen what their best offer would've been. Had they given me Jaylen Brown, the 3rd overall pick (e.g. Tatum or Isaac) and the Lakers' unprotected 2018 (which looks to be top 4), I might've taken it. A core of Ntilikina-Brown-Tatum/Isaac and two of Trae Young, Mohammed Bamba, Michael Porter, DeAndre Ayton, Luka Doncic and Marvin Bagley would've been tantalizing especially if it cost just one player.

If I remember correctly, the Celtics did ball at that kind of package. Phil asked for the moon.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/13/2018  9:39 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Come summer, move him.

If I remember correctly, the Celtics did ball at that kind of package. Phil asked for the moon.

I wonder what those negotiations were like, if it even got that far. Given Phil's M.O., I wouldn't be surprised if this dope pushed for a package that included veteran players like Jae Crowder and/or Avery Bradley rather than their picks. I vaguely remember him making references to needing something close to an all-star and draft pick compensations, which would have been overkill.

But I would have hard time believing Ainge would've been reluctant to get Kristaps if it came down to a package of picks and a Jaylen Brown. He's been willing to pony up picks in worthwhile trades, like the 4 he offered to get Justise Winslow and the overpay he made using the Nets' pick to get Kyrie.

KP picking up bad habits lately...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy