[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why are we playing Lance Thomas 30 minutes?
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

1/14/2018  8:44 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:The worst the team played was when we tried Beasley at 3. It's just so bad when you have KP at 4, Beasley at 3 and O'Quinn or a big at 5.

We have to go smaller, quicker. more spacing on offense. Quicker feet on defense.

Lance Thomas is a 4 in today's league why we play him at 3, I don't know. I know he is a great defender but you don't win in the league without some offense firepower.

This team's coaching staff does not value the offense end at all.

We should be looking at floor spacing as the #1 priority. The floor spacing in the Triangle when ran properly was way better than this. Just no floor spacing so many times with the starters. We should be looking to try:

O'Quinn/KP
KP/Beasley/Thomas
THj/McDermott
CLee/THj
Jack/Frank

KP needs to play half his minutes at 5. Start at 4, move over to 5 as the half ends.
O'Quinn has to start because he spaces the floor, passes, doesn't make us predictable on offense.
Lance Thomas is a stretch 4 not a 3.
Beasley comes in for KP.
McD comes in for CLee or THj.

I know some will say why Kanter out of the rotation? One reason. Floor spacing. We need to prioritize floor spacing and ball movement and it won't happen until you play smaller, quicker more capable to shoot from outside lineups.

KP should not be playing the 5. He doesn't rebound or set picks well enough. He is worn down already and increasing the minutes that he is banging with big guys is just going to make that situation worse. KP needs to play with a big guy that bangs, boards and sets picks. Kanter is best suited for that. I was glad Jeff gave the KP Kanter line up time in the 4 the last night. Hopefully we see a bit more of that. Tim being back should help as well.

On every good team that wants to win playoff games, KP is playing minutes at 5. I never said start KP at 5, but he should absolutely be finishing games at 5. He is our best mismatch and spacing guy at 5. When he sets screens, the 5 usually will switch and he'll have a 1 on him. There's always going to be floor spacing and he also won't have to do what he does at 4, which is protect the basket and also go out and defend the perimeter. I think the Knicks woul be very wise to already start planning the future and getting the reps in with Frank at 1, KP at 5. Having defenders like that at 5 and 1 in closing halves is going to be outstanding for your defense.

Like he isn't gettting pushed around and beat up at 4? Taj Gibson. Every night there's someone there pushing on him, beating on him. If anything at 5, he'll get a little more outside the low box, and get some more easy baskets. He'll get more rolls to the rim as well, as the 5 in our offense rolls more.

We would also free up minutes for Beasley at 4.

Good teams with good rated offenses will get floor spacing, 3 point shooting and more penetration to the basket. This isn't achieved with a Kanter/KP lineup. I don't get the love for the Kanter/KP lineup at all. Even when they were doing better with THj it was a 10-9 record where they won many home games in a home heavy schedule, and also won many home games with the fourth quarter comebacks, without Kanter/KP playing together in the fourth.

We need to move away from Kanter/KP and encourage KP to become bigger, stronger physically. He is getting hacked. wacked and beat up in the post at 4. We need him to get more spacing, more freedom, easy baskets. He will get them at 5. He'll also be able to do what he does best, protect the basket.

AUTOADVERT
Why are we playing Lance Thomas 30 minutes?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy