[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why are we playing Lance Thomas 30 minutes?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/12/2018  10:23 PM
Her scored 1 pt and got 1 rebound...

Don't give me the bull**** that he's there for defense. There's no excuse for this... especially why we can't score.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/12/2018  10:26 PM
He's terrible. Should be a 10th man.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/12/2018  10:29 PM
EnySpree wrote:Her scored 1 pt and got 1 rebound...

Don't give me the bull**** that he's there for defense. There's no excuse for this... especially why we can't score.

They believe his defense is key. But does GS or any good teams have a Lance Thomas playing 30 minutes? He does what he does

RIP Crushalot😞
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

1/12/2018  10:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

They believe his defense is key. But does GS or any good teams have a Lance Thomas playing 30 minutes? He does what he does

which is what...show up once in 10 games?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
JesseDark
Member: #467
1/12/2018  11:06 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I have not watched the last few games due to work but have followed the box scores. It's puzzling to see a starting Sf with 1 point, 3 points for multiple games.
Bring back dee-fense
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/12/2018  11:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2018  11:10 PM
What made Thomas such a threat on offense pre-injury were his strong takes to the rim. Had this great burst of speed. Opened up the rest of his game, like his 3pt shooting. Still looks pretty mobile. Would like to see Thomas start driving again, getting to the line as well.
EnySpree

1/12/2018  11:22 PM
GustavBahler wrote:What made Thomas such a threat on offense pre-injury were his strong takes to the rim. Had this great burst of speed. Opened up the rest of his game, like his 3pt shooting. Still looks pretty mobile. Would like to see Thomas start driving again, getting to the line as well.

I would like to see him getting 15 minutes or less. Injury or not. I've had enough... I'm glad to see Timmy back but seeing hum play more than both Timmy and Beasley is a crime against humanity

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/13/2018  12:05 AM
Didn’t you get the memo it’s a playoff push.
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/13/2018  1:30 AM
Vmart wrote:Didn’t you get the memo it’s a playoff push.

Yeah, and he's pushing us further out

ES
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
1/13/2018  6:03 AM
He's really been awful. I think he would play better with fewer minutes.
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/13/2018  8:02 AM
The worst the team played was when we tried Beasley at 3. It's just so bad when you have KP at 4, Beasley at 3 and O'Quinn or a big at 5.

We have to go smaller, quicker. more spacing on offense. Quicker feet on defense.

Lance Thomas is a 4 in today's league why we play him at 3, I don't know. I know he is a great defender but you don't win in the league without some offense firepower.

This team's coaching staff does not value the offense end at all.

We should be looking at floor spacing as the #1 priority. The floor spacing in the Triangle when ran properly was way better than this. Just no floor spacing so many times with the starters. We should be looking to try:

O'Quinn/KP
KP/Beasley/Thomas
THj/McDermott
CLee/THj
Jack/Frank

KP needs to play half his minutes at 5. Start at 4, move over to 5 as the half ends.
O'Quinn has to start because he spaces the floor, passes, doesn't make us predictable on offense.
Lance Thomas is a stretch 4 not a 3.
Beasley comes in for KP.
McD comes in for CLee or THj.

I know some will say why Kanter out of the rotation? One reason. Floor spacing. We need to prioritize floor spacing and ball movement and it won't happen until you play smaller, quicker more capable to shoot from outside lineups.

Welpee
Member: #6239

1/13/2018  9:24 AM

Glad you started a thread because I knew someone would point this out somewhere. He was a -3 which I guess isn't horrible, but still. This bromanace Hornacek has with LT is baffling.
ItalianStallion
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #2526

1/13/2018  10:36 AM
It's crazy to play Thomas. We need defense, but you can't play a guy that never scores, never rebounds and never makes plays.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/13/2018  1:30 PM

He basically locked Jimmy Butler down the entire time he was in the game. Not saying I wouldn’t like to see him doing more on offense, but he got his job done for most of the game.

EnySpree

1/13/2018  1:36 PM
Zebo13 wrote:

He basically locked Jimmy Butler down the entire time he was in the game. Not saying I wouldn’t like to see him doing more on offense, but he got his job done for most of the game.

Great job locking down Jimmy Butler! He can just pass it to Wiggins, Teague or Kat since none of them are being wasted on the bench.

If we had 5 lance Thomas's locking down the twolves, we'd lose 94-65.

Cartman718

1/13/2018  5:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:Didn’t you get the memo it’s a playoff push.

Yeah, and he's pushing us further out

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

1/13/2018  5:13 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:

Great job locking down Jimmy Butler! He can just pass it to Wiggins, Teague or Kat since none of them are being wasted on the bench.

yup. defense is not the only thing being played in the game.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/13/2018  8:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  9:04 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:

Haha, sounds about right. Sounds like he was doing his best to do his roll, also sounds like we were up against vastly superior personnel. They are pretty stacked at their front 5. Top 5 in the league I’d say, just need to gel to be a serious threat, which it seems they are lately,

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/13/2018  9:46 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:The worst the team played was when we tried Beasley at 3. It's just so bad when you have KP at 4, Beasley at 3 and O'Quinn or a big at 5.

We have to go smaller, quicker. more spacing on offense. Quicker feet on defense.

Lance Thomas is a 4 in today's league why we play him at 3, I don't know. I know he is a great defender but you don't win in the league without some offense firepower.

We should be looking at floor spacing as the #1 priority. The floor spacing in the Triangle when ran properly was way better than this. Just no floor spacing so many times with the starters. We should be looking to try:

O'Quinn/KP
KP/Beasley/Thomas
THj/McDermott
CLee/THj
Jack/Frank

KP needs to play half his minutes at 5. Start at 4, move over to 5 as the half ends.
O'Quinn has to start because he spaces the floor, passes, doesn't make us predictable on offense.
Beasley comes in for KP.

I know some will say why Kanter out of the rotation? One reason. Floor spacing. We need to prioritize floor spacing and ball movement and it won't happen until you play smaller, quicker more capable to shoot from outside lineups.

KP should not be playing the 5. He doesn't rebound or set picks well enough. He is worn down already and increasing the minutes that he is banging with big guys is just going to make that situation worse. KP needs to play with a big guy that bangs, boards and sets picks. Kanter is best suited for that. I was glad Jeff gave the KP Kanter line up time in the 4 the last night. Hopefully we see a bit more of that. Tim being back should help as well.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/14/2018  8:32 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:The worst the team played was when we tried Beasley at 3. It's just so bad when you have KP at 4, Beasley at 3 and O'Quinn or a big at 5.

O'Quinn/KP
KP/Beasley/Thomas
THj/McDermott
CLee/THj
Jack/Frank

Beasley comes in for KP.

KP should not be playing the 5. He doesn't rebound or set picks well enough. He is worn down already and increasing the minutes that he is banging with big guys is just going to make that situation worse. KP needs to play with a big guy that bangs, boards and sets picks. Kanter is best suited for that. I was glad Jeff gave the KP Kanter line up time in the 4 the last night. Hopefully we see a bit more of that. Tim being back should help as well.
totally agree. Never liked or wanted him at the 5 either. His maximum potential is as a 4 who can shoot/score from anywhere and is one of the best rim protectors in the league. When's part of an elite team that will be his role.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Why are we playing Lance Thomas 30 minutes?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy