[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP a killin this team
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/13/2018  1:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  1:30 PM
Fyi... KP isn't killing this team, KP is getting burned out. We have losers getting 30 minutes to play zero defense and grab 1 rebound and 1 pt....KP is all alone be with Courtney Lee jacking shots. Old man Jack is playing above his head. Yet we need Beasley to cone off the bench so we can have scoring when KP is on the bench?

We need to put our best 5 out there. Beasley needs 30 plus minutes every night.

Minnesota puts out Kat, Teague, Wiggins, butler and taj Gibson... how come they don't make butler come off the bench so they could have scoring when Wiggins is out? Oh cuz only losers think that way.

We need to start KP and Beas together just like when Melo was here. Then you use Kanter, Timmy and Jack... Lee needs to go back to the bench sliding KP to center and Kanter to the bench. Burke and Frank in the back court. Lance playing 15 mins at forward.

Enough of this bull****!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/13/2018  1:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:every game he cant shoot

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

Because who cares about defense right ? Briggs you're too predictable. After every game you post this nonsense. He's 22 and learning to be the guy. He will figure it out.

We all want whats best for KP and the Knicks. Making an excuse saying hes 22--that means nothing. Its the way hes playing the game--if anything its regressing.

We are a rebuilding team. What is best for KP and the Knicks is letting him take his lumps and learning. He is still having a good year, i don't care what his shooting numbers say. Iverson shot 40% for his career, and he wasn't a 3pt shooter or an elite defender. Not comparing them in any way, just saying you have to deal with the bad shooting and ups and downs when dealing with a young player learning to take over games. When he's 25-26 the efficiency will be up. But you're a typical fan, you need results in a hurry and if not the sky is falling. I'm looking forward to your KP threads after every poor shooting game for the rest of his career here.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/13/2018  2:49 PM
KP has been bad. If he is the franchise, then he needs to learn how to play right.

He is sloppy with the ball and rushing his shots. NO pep in his game. This the 3rd yer in a row that he has swooned in January. Cut his minutes, give him a week off.

Not good.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/13/2018  3:00 PM
Don’t cut his minutes. I would increase the minutes and change the system to make him more face up a lot less post ups. I think he is taking an unnecessary beating and this offense plays into his weaknesses. The reason to increase his minutes is to work on his stamina so he can get better with it come next season.
OldFan
Member: #446
1/13/2018  3:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

Because who cares about defense right ? Briggs you're too predictable. After every game you post this nonsense. He's 22 and learning to be the guy. He will figure it out.

We all want whats best for KP and the Knicks. Making an excuse saying hes 22--that means nothing. Its the way hes playing the game--if anything its regressing.

Yes, it means quite a lot. Most players are not fully developed as basketball players at 22. He probably isn't even physically totally mature. Being capable of playing consistently at a high level is part of growing until that point - "regressions" are expected. 82 games with travel is a lot to deal with and it takes a lot of stamina - he doesn't have it now - which is going to affect his play. He also does not have the experience being the man on a team. He may never grow into it but it's too soon to tell. To dismiss his age and experience as inconsequential is wrong.

Vmart
USA
1/13/2018  3:20 PM
OldFan wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Yes, it means quite a lot. Most players are not fully developed as basketball players at 22. He probably isn't even physically totally mature. Being capable of playing consistently at a high level is part of growing until that point - "regressions" are expected. 82 games with travel is a lot to deal with and it takes a lot of stamina - he doesn't have it now - which is going to affect his play. He also does not have the experience being the man on a team. He may never grow into it but it's too soon to tell. To dismiss his age and experience as inconsequential is wrong.

He is 22 years old and has been groomed to be a basketball player so it’s kind of concerning regardless because it’s his 3rd year and his only job since he was 16 has been basketball.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/13/2018  3:33 PM
Vmart wrote:Don’t cut his minutes. I would increase the minutes and change the system to make him more face up a lot less post ups. I think he is taking an unnecessary beating and this offense plays into his weaknesses. The reason to increase his minutes is to work on his stamina so he can get better with it come next season.
He definitely shouldn't be the only big on the floor even in the fourth quarter in my opinion. He doesn't rebound or set picks well enough even when he is on top of his game. He is playing like he is tired so I don't know if playing more minutes would build up his stamina. Seems like it would run him down. Maybe give him tomorrow off since there is a back to back. See if he responds to an extra day of rest.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
USA
1/13/2018  3:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:Don’t cut his minutes. I would increase the minutes and change the system to make him more face up a lot less post ups. I think he is taking an unnecessary beating and this offense plays into his weaknesses. The reason to increase his minutes is to work on his stamina so he can get better with it come next season.
He definitely shouldn't be the only big on the floor even in the fourth quarter in my opinion. He doesn't rebound or set picks well enough even when he is on top of his game. He is playing like he is tired so I don't know if playing more minutes would build up his stamina. Seems like it would run him down. Maybe give him tomorrow off since there is a back to back. See if he responds to an extra day of rest.

No he has to learn to play through it.

OldFan
Member: #446
1/13/2018  3:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Sure it's concerning but how many players peak at 22? Look at his draft class some guys are playing great Townes, Booker but most of them are trying to find their way. Look at the guys drafted around him. He's come further than most. He's a good player who is slumping.

He has the chance to be a really good to great player. He got off to a fantastic start and that set the expectations too high. This team needs more than he has right now - which is making him look worse than he is. If he stays healthy I think he'll be fine.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/13/2018  5:06 PM
Nalod wrote:He needs to spend time with Oak and Make!! That will toughen him up!
Oak is banished and Mase is in heaven.
He needs to be NY tough. Oh, he needs to talk with Mark Jax. That will help.
Soft Euro.
Needs to talk with Hakeem.
Bath in Red Amare wine.
We need a new coach.
He needs to play less.
He needs to blame Melo.
He needs to be traded. Picks are always better than what we have.
He needs to eat meat.
He needs to eat less meat.
He needs to eat.
He needs milk.
He needs to go vegan.
He needs to get laid.
He needs to stop having sex.
He needs to work out more.
He needs to rest more.
He needs to listen to us.

are you ok? last few days reading your posts thinking something deeper going on with you.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/13/2018  5:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  5:30 PM
KP is good euro big.
His numbers for first 3 NBA seasons are very similar to Dirk.
KP will be a way better defender but will probably be not as good as Dirk offensively but close.
To have him as a main player on the team the teem should be build in very specific way.
KP need penetrator and facilitator at PG and good all around defense from guard position.
Need wings to hit high % of 3s and big rebounding center by his site.
We have very little of that so it will take a while.
If some fans have no patience to watch losing bbal it will be better for them to stop watching the Knicks for at least 2 next seasons.
It will be ugly.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
reub
Member: #6227

1/13/2018  6:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  6:50 PM

KP needs to shoot more threes and also shots from 5 feet in or closer. All of this midrange iso crap is not the way for him to play. It's inefficient.

His rim protection is elite and he gives us that every game.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/13/2018  7:08 PM
arkrud wrote:KP is good euro big.
His numbers for first 3 NBA seasons are very similar to Dirk.
KP will be a way better defender but will probably be not as good as Dirk offensively but close.
To have him as a main player on the team the teem should be build in very specific way.
KP need penetrator and facilitator at PG and good all around defense from guard position.
Need wings to hit high % of 3s and big rebounding center by his site.
We have very little of that so it will take a while.
If some fans have no patience to watch losing bbal it will be better for them to stop watching the Knicks for at least 2 next seasons.
It will be ugly.

The hardest thing to find is the PF/C that plays next to him. KP is such a strange player he is an elite rim protector but he us an awful rebounder and subpar man defender . You need a C/PF that has some bulk to go against thicker centers, that guy needs to be a great rebounder but he also has to be able to hit a jump shoot. KP is very talented but he is very inefficient and instead of using his superior length around the basket chooses to fire up 35 foot contested jump shots.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
arkrud
USA
1/13/2018  7:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  7:13 PM
reub wrote:

KP needs to shoot more threes and also shots from 5 feet in or closer. All of this midrange iso crap is not the way for him to play. It's inefficient.

His rim protection is elite and he gives us that every game.

This exactly what defense is trying to prevent him from doing.
And as NBA teams have a lot of defenders to throw at KP they are succeeded to run him out of this spots or double him.
We need guards to set him up to be in good position but we do not have this guards on the team.
KP needs to be set to shoot 3s with good percentage as any other big and so needs to be freed up by screen or other action.
We are not good at this also.
When KP getting his offense in the flow of the game he looks fantastic.
When he forced to create his own offense he struggles.
He is not ready for this and why he should do this?
Is he Melo or something?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/13/2018  7:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Do you watch games? We were without our second best player for what 15 games now? (Or more?) He was trying to generate offense and keep the team in games, while also playing spectacular defense for the most part. But he was also physically unable to keep it going at both ends all the time. Melo played one end of the floor and still shot about the same percentage KP is shooting now. No one's making excuses, in the real world you can't trade your whole team every Tuesday.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/13/2018  8:25 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
fwk00 wrote:KP plays like he's given up.

Did you even watch the first half? He was a monster at the basket and closing out all layups.
On offense he was on point.
Then in the second half. the team began to slip it's play and Towns goes off. KP thinks since he's the man now, it's his time to step up (which it usually is in that role) and he completely ****s it up. I actually don't think most people watch the entire game. If you watch the entire game, you'll clearly see the difference in the two halves. KP's level and energy completely dipped in the second.

I don't believe it's him giving up. He's going through what every young star does when they first try to carry a team. They have ups and downs and they see the way the defense just focuses in on them abusing, fouling and making their life hell. It's a completely different way of trying to play, than being the second or third guy who can come in behind the defense's focus. Every team right now focuses on stopping Porzingis, being physical with him and forcing him out of his comfort spots. If he's playing like this next year I'd be worried.

He's going to have to commit himself this summer to working exclusively on this. How to physically keep his positioning in his strong spots and how to not get tired over the long grind of the season.

well its been a couple losses now and a tough stretch. So now you will see all the guys come out hammering the I told you so. You got the guy on here who thinks we should have traded KP for picks. Then you got Briggs who thinks seasons last 20 minutes and a good shooting qtr is enough to make a season.

Fans will twist and turn. Briggs mentions GS, but doesnt talk about how fans thought Curry took too many 3s when they were still a lottery team and he would never be healthy and strong enough for a whole NBA season.

Knicks are doing great. They are playing better in every area. There were predicted by most here to win about 30 games, then those same cry along the way to winning 30 games.

Let them work it out.

This has always been the knock on Knick fans. While other teams build Knicks piece and patch. Building takes time. It gets uncomfortable. KP is a 22 year old player about to make his first all star game. He still has growing pains.

Everybody wants to go to heaven. But nobody wants to die.

Im happy we are losing, the more we lose the better chance we have at getting a superstar SF

Really, how are we doing so far with our development process, KP seems to be getting worse, frank is a deer in headlights, willy is regressing, Dotson is a cheerleader, and Kuz wasn't even picked up by another team after he was waived.

The knicks are using KP wrong, posting him up 85% of the time like we're in the 90's.

We are dead last in 3 point defense again this season, despite the main culprits (melo, rose,) not even on the roster.

ES
arkrud
USA
1/13/2018  8:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Did you even watch the first half? He was a monster at the basket and closing out all layups.
Then in the second half. the team began to slip it's play and Towns goes off. KP thinks since he's the man now, it's his time to step up (which it usually is in that role) and he completely ****s it up. I actually don't think most people watch the entire game. If you watch the entire game, you'll clearly see the difference in the two halves. KP's level and energy completely dipped in the second.

I don't believe it's him giving up. He's going through what every young star does when they first try to carry a team. They have ups and downs and they see the way the defense just focuses in on them abusing, fouling and making their life hell. It's a completely different way of trying to play, than being the second or third guy who can come in behind the defense's focus. Every team right now focuses on stopping Porzingis, being physical with him and forcing him out of his comfort spots. If he's playing like this next year I'd be worried.

He's going to have to commit himself this summer to working exclusively on this. How to physically keep his positioning in his strong spots and how to not get tired over the long grind of the season.

well its been a couple losses now and a tough stretch. So now you will see all the guys come out hammering the I told you so. You got the guy on here who thinks we should have traded KP for picks. Then you got Briggs who thinks seasons last 20 minutes and a good shooting qtr is enough to make a season.

Fans will twist and turn. Briggs mentions GS, but doesnt talk about how fans thought Curry took too many 3s when they were still a lottery team and he would never be healthy and strong enough for a whole NBA season.

Knicks are doing great. They are playing better in every area. There were predicted by most here to win about 30 games, then those same cry along the way to winning 30 games.

Let them work it out.

This has always been the knock on Knick fans. While other teams build Knicks piece and patch. Building takes time. It gets uncomfortable. KP is a 22 year old player about to make his first all star game. He still has growing pains.

Im happy we are losing, the more we lose the better chance we have at getting a superstar SF

Really, how are we doing so far with our development process, KP seems to be getting worse, frank is a deer in headlights, willy is regressing, Dotson is a cheerleader, and Kuz wasn't even picked up by another team after he was waived.

The knicks are using KP wrong, posting him up 85% of the time like we're in the 90's.

We are dead last in 3 point defense again this season, despite the main culprits (melo, rose,) not even on the roster.

Rebuilding man.
Team take projects and develop them.
Works for some and not for others.
On average you get what you get.
Team need much more time that 4 month to rebuild.
3-4 years... and this even if you lucky.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/13/2018  8:35 PM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Let them work it out.

Rebuilding man.

How is Miami still a playoff team despite losing bron, wade, bosh?

Coaching staff/system

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2018  10:23 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:He needs to spend time with Oak and Make!! That will toughen him up!
Oak is banished and Mase is in heaven.
He needs to be NY tough. Oh, he needs to talk with Mark Jax. That will help.
Soft Euro.
Needs to talk with Hakeem.
Bath in Red Amare wine.
We need a new coach.
He needs to play less.
He needs to blame Melo.
He needs to be traded. Picks are always better than what we have.
He needs to eat meat.
He needs to eat less meat.
He needs to eat.
He needs milk.
He needs to go vegan.
He needs to get laid.
He needs to stop having sex.
He needs to work out more.
He needs to rest more.
He needs to listen to us.

are you ok? last few days reading your posts thinking something deeper going on with you.

My wife is sending me down to the Gleague.

arkrud
USA
1/14/2018  11:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Let them work it out.

Rebuilding man.

How is Miami still a playoff team despite losing bron, wade, bosh?

Coaching staff/system

Having consistent leadership of Pat is much different that having the bunch of retards who were leading Knicks organization for decades.
You look at the teams which have a consistent success like Spurs and Miami and it became obvious that success for the most part depends on who is the leader of the organization.
Like everything in life the visionaries and strong individual making things happen.
Equality is a excuse invented by losers.

KP a killin this team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy