[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP a killin this team
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Posts: 50349
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/12/2018  10:17 PM
every game he cant shoot

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Posts: 23322
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

1/12/2018  10:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:every game he cant shoot

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

Why most will call you insane Bealsey has outplayed him for nearly a month

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BRIGGS
Posts: 50349
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/12/2018  10:20 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:every game he cant shoot

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

Why most will call you insane Bealsey has outplayed him for nearly a month

Quincy Acy is outplaying KP.

CrushAlot
Posts: 56554
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
1/12/2018  10:22 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:every game he cant shoot

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

Why most will call you insane Bealsey has outplayed him for nearly a month


Wally pointing out the rest of the Knicks shot 63% while KP struggled horribly.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
BRIGGS
Posts: 50349
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/12/2018  10:22 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:every game he cant shoot

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

Why most will call you insane Bealsey has outplayed him for nearly a month

You take away those great 5 games--he was better last year. Maybe its better if hes not the top shot guy--maybe a smaller role/

BRIGGS
Posts: 50349
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/12/2018  10:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2018  10:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:every game he cant shoot

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

Why most will call you insane Bealsey has outplayed him for nearly a month


Wally pointing out the rest of the Knicks shot 63% while KP struggled horribly.

Our older guys are playing great great basketball--cant ask for more. Maybe he should focus on getting dunks. He is so long--why doesnt he just set up closer--but he cant caus Kanter is there.

Jmpasq
Posts: 23322
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

1/12/2018  10:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:every game he cant shoot

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

Why most will call you insane Bealsey has outplayed him for nearly a month


Wally pointing out the rest of the Knicks shot 63% while KP struggled horribly.

Our older guys are playing great great basketball--cant ask for more. Maybe he should focus on getting dunks. He is so long--why doesnt he just set up closer--but he cant caus Kanter is there.

I don't know where we are going to get a guy that is going to maximize his strengths. Does Chris Webber have any kids?

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fwk00
Posts: 20932
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/20/2015
Member: #6048

1/12/2018  11:33 PM
KP plays like he's given up.
nyknickzingis
Posts: 22917
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

1/13/2018  7:39 AM
fwk00 wrote:KP plays like he's given up.

Did you even watch the first half? He was a monster at the basket and closing out all layups.
On offense he was on point.
Then in the second half. the team began to slip it's play and Towns goes off. KP thinks since he's the man now, it's his time to step up (which it usually is in that role) and he completely ****s it up. I actually don't think most people watch the entire game. If you watch the entire game, you'll clearly see the difference in the two halves. KP's level and energy completely dipped in the second.

I don't believe it's him giving up. He's going through what every young star does when they first try to carry a team. They have ups and downs and they see the way the defense just focuses in on them abusing, fouling and making their life hell. It's a completely different way of trying to play, than being the second or third guy who can come in behind the defense's focus. Every team right now focuses on stopping Porzingis, being physical with him and forcing him out of his comfort spots. If he's playing like this next year I'd be worried.

He's going to have to commit himself this summer to working exclusively on this. How to physically keep his positioning in his strong spots and how to not get tired over the long grind of the season.

Jmpasq
Posts: 23322
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

1/13/2018  8:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  8:02 AM
fwk00 wrote:KP plays like he's given up.

e
I think he should split games with Beasley at PF. Let him play with a lot of energy for half a game. The only issue is his rim protection can't be replaced by anyone else on the roster so they will have to live with being worse defensively
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Posts: 48686
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
1/13/2018  8:14 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
fwk00 wrote:KP plays like he's given up.

Did you even watch the first half? He was a monster at the basket and closing out all layups.
On offense he was on point.
Then in the second half. the team began to slip it's play and Towns goes off. KP thinks since he's the man now, it's his time to step up (which it usually is in that role) and he completely ****s it up. I actually don't think most people watch the entire game. If you watch the entire game, you'll clearly see the difference in the two halves. KP's level and energy completely dipped in the second.

I don't believe it's him giving up. He's going through what every young star does when they first try to carry a team. They have ups and downs and they see the way the defense just focuses in on them abusing, fouling and making their life hell. It's a completely different way of trying to play, than being the second or third guy who can come in behind the defense's focus. Every team right now focuses on stopping Porzingis, being physical with him and forcing him out of his comfort spots. If he's playing like this next year I'd be worried.

He's going to have to commit himself this summer to working exclusively on this. How to physically keep his positioning in his strong spots and how to not get tired over the long grind of the season.

well its been a couple losses now and a tough stretch. So now you will see all the guys come out hammering the I told you so. You got the guy on here who thinks we should have traded KP for picks. Then you got Briggs who thinks seasons last 20 minutes and a good shooting qtr is enough to make a season.

Fans will twist and turn. Briggs mentions GS, but doesnt talk about how fans thought Curry took too many 3s when they were still a lottery team and he would never be healthy and strong enough for a whole NBA season.

Knicks are doing great. They are playing better in every area. There were predicted by most here to win about 30 games, then those same cry along the way to winning 30 games.

Let them work it out.

This has always been the knock on Knick fans. While other teams build Knicks piece and patch. Building takes time. It gets uncomfortable. KP is a 22 year old player about to make his first all star game. He still has growing pains.

newyorknewyork
Posts: 27808
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
1/13/2018  8:57 AM
fishmike wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
fwk00 wrote:KP plays like he's given up.

Did you even watch the first half? He was a monster at the basket and closing out all layups.
On offense he was on point.
Then in the second half. the team began to slip it's play and Towns goes off. KP thinks since he's the man now, it's his time to step up (which it usually is in that role) and he completely ****s it up. I actually don't think most people watch the entire game. If you watch the entire game, you'll clearly see the difference in the two halves. KP's level and energy completely dipped in the second.

I don't believe it's him giving up. He's going through what every young star does when they first try to carry a team. They have ups and downs and they see the way the defense just focuses in on them abusing, fouling and making their life hell. It's a completely different way of trying to play, than being the second or third guy who can come in behind the defense's focus. Every team right now focuses on stopping Porzingis, being physical with him and forcing him out of his comfort spots. If he's playing like this next year I'd be worried.

He's going to have to commit himself this summer to working exclusively on this. How to physically keep his positioning in his strong spots and how to not get tired over the long grind of the season.

well its been a couple losses now and a tough stretch. So now you will see all the guys come out hammering the I told you so. You got the guy on here who thinks we should have traded KP for picks. Then you got Briggs who thinks seasons last 20 minutes and a good shooting qtr is enough to make a season.

Fans will twist and turn. Briggs mentions GS, but doesnt talk about how fans thought Curry took too many 3s when they were still a lottery team and he would never be healthy and strong enough for a whole NBA season.

Knicks are doing great. They are playing better in every area. There were predicted by most here to win about 30 games, then those same cry along the way to winning 30 games.

Let them work it out.

This has always been the knock on Knick fans. While other teams build Knicks piece and patch. Building takes time. It gets uncomfortable. KP is a 22 year old player about to make his first all star game. He still has growing pains.

Everybody wants to go to heaven. But nobody wants to die.

90sKnicks
Posts: 20108
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/23/2017
Member: #6452

1/13/2018  9:15 AM
KP is just brutal. I wish there was a stat that calculated the percent of turnovers when a player has the ball for more than 5 seconds. For Porzingis it has be around 80%. His only way of compensating for this is then to immediately hoist shots when he gets the ball before he even is square to the basket.

He literally regresses every game and never learns from his mistakes. I'm not asking KP to be our savior or even an all-star talent. I'm simply asking him to play team basketball and learn and improve slightly each month. NY media puts all this pressure on him to be a franchise player when he's not ready for it yet and probably never will be of that mold.

I'd trade him for Doncic in a heartbeat, sadly the Hawks wouldn't even accept that deal.

KP absolutely has no business being in the all-star game this year. He has been a primary reason why we have struggled over the last 30 games. If he's tired or hurt the shut him down for the rest of the season.

Jmpasq
Posts: 23322
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

1/13/2018  10:01 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
fwk00 wrote:KP plays like he's given up.

Did you even watch the first half? He was a monster at the basket and closing out all layups.
On offense he was on point.
Then in the second half. the team began to slip it's play and Towns goes off. KP thinks since he's the man now, it's his time to step up (which it usually is in that role) and he completely ****s it up. I actually don't think most people watch the entire game. If you watch the entire game, you'll clearly see the difference in the two halves. KP's level and energy completely dipped in the second.

I don't believe it's him giving up. He's going through what every young star does when they first try to carry a team. They have ups and downs and they see the way the defense just focuses in on them abusing, fouling and making their life hell. It's a completely different way of trying to play, than being the second or third guy who can come in behind the defense's focus. Every team right now focuses on stopping Porzingis, being physical with him and forcing him out of his comfort spots. If he's playing like this next year I'd be worried.

He's going to have to commit himself this summer to working exclusively on this. How to physically keep his positioning in his strong spots and how to not get tired over the long grind of the season.

well its been a couple losses now and a tough stretch. So now you will see all the guys come out hammering the I told you so. You got the guy on here who thinks we should have traded KP for picks. Then you got Briggs who thinks seasons last 20 minutes and a good shooting qtr is enough to make a season.

Fans will twist and turn. Briggs mentions GS, but doesnt talk about how fans thought Curry took too many 3s when they were still a lottery team and he would never be healthy and strong enough for a whole NBA season.

Knicks are doing great. They are playing better in every area. There were predicted by most here to win about 30 games, then those same cry along the way to winning 30 games.

Let them work it out.

This has always been the knock on Knick fans. While other teams build Knicks piece and patch. Building takes time. It gets uncomfortable. KP is a 22 year old player about to make his first all star game. He still has growing pains.

Everybody wants to go to heaven. But nobody wants to die.

Im happy we are losing, the more we lose the better chance we have at getting a superstar SF

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Posts: 29472
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
1/13/2018  10:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  10:23 AM
BRIGGS wrote:every game he cant shoot

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

Because who cares about defense right ? Briggs you're too predictable. After every game you post this nonsense. He's 22 and learning to be the guy. He will figure it out.

ItalianStallion
Posts: 20181
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/22/2009
Member: #2526

1/13/2018  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  10:46 AM
If it wasn't for KP's defense in the paint, I'd want to bench him. He has to cover for Kanter a little. That's how bad he has been on offense.

He's not a good high level rebounder. He's not a good play maker (he can't even pass out of a double team). His shot selection is horrible. He has no idea what he's doing on offense. The idea on offense is to get efficient at a few things, stick to those, and slowly expand your game. For him it should be spot up and trailing 3s when he's open, put backs off offensive rebounds, dunks off lobs and pick and rolls, an occasional 3 off a screen, or a short 2 when he's squared up against a smaller player. At this point he's too weak to even attack the rim and try to draw fouls like Gallinari. All this isolation, turn around, fade away, long 2 stuff is borderline insanity for virtually everyone in the league other than a couple of players. Someone needs to smack him in the head and tell if he's not wide open pass the damn ball. If he can't get it through his thick skull he deserves to be on the bench. He's THAT BAD on offense.

dwiley20
Posts: 20493
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/18/2014
Member: #5755

1/13/2018  10:53 AM
he doesn't get high percentage shots, he flops on every play, he's just not playing tough right now and may i add a turnover machine
meloshouldgo
Posts: 24894
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

1/13/2018  11:06 AM
fishmike wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
fwk00 wrote:KP plays like he's given up.

Did you even watch the first half? He was a monster at the basket and closing out all layups.
On offense he was on point.
Then in the second half. the team began to slip it's play and Towns goes off. KP thinks since he's the man now, it's his time to step up (which it usually is in that role) and he completely ****s it up. I actually don't think most people watch the entire game. If you watch the entire game, you'll clearly see the difference in the two halves. KP's level and energy completely dipped in the second.

I don't believe it's him giving up. He's going through what every young star does when they first try to carry a team. They have ups and downs and they see the way the defense just focuses in on them abusing, fouling and making their life hell. It's a completely different way of trying to play, than being the second or third guy who can come in behind the defense's focus. Every team right now focuses on stopping Porzingis, being physical with him and forcing him out of his comfort spots. If he's playing like this next year I'd be worried.

He's going to have to commit himself this summer to working exclusively on this. How to physically keep his positioning in his strong spots and how to not get tired over the long grind of the season.

well its been a couple losses now and a tough stretch. So now you will see all the guys come out hammering the I told you so. You got the guy on here who thinks we should have traded KP for picks. Then you got Briggs who thinks seasons last 20 minutes and a good shooting qtr is enough to make a season.

Fans will twist and turn. Briggs mentions GS, but doesnt talk about how fans thought Curry took too many 3s when they were still a lottery team and he would never be healthy and strong enough for a whole NBA season.

Knicks are doing great. They are playing better in every area. There were predicted by most here to win about 30 games, then those same cry along the way to winning 30 games.

Let them work it out.

This has always been the knock on Knick fans. While other teams build Knicks piece and patch. Building takes time. It gets uncomfortable. KP is a 22 year old player about to make his first all star game. He still has growing pains.

I am not down on this team and I am not looking to trade Frank for every ****ty player that has a good game. But I am worried about KP showing a lot of Melo ball this season. He doesn't pass often or well, The offense dies when it reaches him, he is trying to make impossible shots and playing hero ball. He is also spending too much time complaining about refereeing. On the other side he is playing stellar defense. I think THJR will balance things out.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
BRIGGS
Posts: 50349
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/13/2018  11:17 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:every game he cant shoot

Maybe start Beasley and give KO the 20 minute back up role until he improves off of 30% shooting--every game its 5-15 with little passing

Because who cares about defense right ? Briggs you're too predictable. After every game you post this nonsense. He's 22 and learning to be the guy. He will figure it out.

We all want whats best for KP and the Knicks. Making an excuse saying hes 22--that means nothing. Its the way hes playing the game--if anything its regressing.

Nalod
Posts: 55582
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2018  12:55 PM
He needs to spend time with Oak and Make!! That will toughen him up!
Oak is banished and Mase is in heaven.
He needs to be NY tough. Oh, he needs to talk with Mark Jax. That will help.
Soft Euro.
Needs to talk with Hakeem.
Bath in Red Amare wine.
We need a new coach.
He needs to play less.
He needs to blame Melo.
He needs to be traded. Picks are always better than what we have.
He needs to eat meat.
He needs to eat less meat.
He needs to eat.
He needs milk.
He needs to go vegan.
He needs to get laid.
He needs to stop having sex.
He needs to work out more.
He needs to rest more.
He needs to listen to us.
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
KP a killin this team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.