[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yogi Ferrell...good investment?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/12/2018  4:48 PM
He's a RFA this summer, and Dallas has a load of guards so they may not keep him if it's a big offer. He is only 24 years old, can really shoot, and is fast. He would be a nice backup to Frank, and can easily play next to him. He plays a lot of off-guard now in the Dallas PG committee. We need playmakers and shooters, and he helps with both. Does Dallas match the MLE this summer if that's the offer? Smith is their guy now. Barea is the primary backup, and Curry is definitely a priority for them. Harris is also loved there and would probably come back for the minimum. Seems like they will need to put money toward other needs this summer.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/12/2018  5:54 PM
Knixkik wrote:He's a RFA this summer, and Dallas has a load of guards so they may not keep him if it's a big offer. He is only 24 years old, can really shoot, and is fast. He would be a nice backup to Frank, and can easily play next to him. He plays a lot of off-guard now in the Dallas PG committee. We need playmakers and shooters, and he helps with both. Does Dallas match the MLE this summer if that's the offer? Smith is their guy now. Barea is the primary backup, and Curry is definitely a priority for them. Harris is also loved there and would probably come back for the minimum. Seems like they will need to put money toward other needs this summer.

We have 2 2nd round picks that should be pretty early in the 2nd round. Could probably find a speedy scoring guard without having to spend money.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/12/2018  6:10 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He's a RFA this summer, and Dallas has a load of guards so they may not keep him if it's a big offer. He is only 24 years old, can really shoot, and is fast. He would be a nice backup to Frank, and can easily play next to him. He plays a lot of off-guard now in the Dallas PG committee. We need playmakers and shooters, and he helps with both. Does Dallas match the MLE this summer if that's the offer? Smith is their guy now. Barea is the primary backup, and Curry is definitely a priority for them. Harris is also loved there and would probably come back for the minimum. Seems like they will need to put money toward other needs this summer.

We have 2 2nd round picks that should be pretty early in the 2nd round. Could probably find a speedy scoring guard without having to spend money.

Yeah, I think we can scoop up a Aaron Holiday type with one of those picks. I don't want to screw up the cap anymore than we have until after next season. I do like Yogi as a player tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/12/2018  10:31 PM

Love this. "Backup to Frank". Backing up what? The waterboy? Frank is not ready to start and won't be this year or next if ever.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

1/13/2018  9:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  9:34 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Yeah, I think we can scoop up a Aaron Holiday type with one of those picks. I don't want to screw up the cap anymore than we have until after next season. I do like Yogi as a player tho.

I like him a lot. Good player I talked about getting him in the 2nd round and then again when he went I drafted (which would've been a no brained for us, to at least invite him to summer league). I really like this type of player -- the cat-quick, offensive minded PG. I think we could greatly benefit from this type of player. Score some buckets, get out on the break, generate some excitement, galvanize the team. The Knicks don't seem to put much stock into acquiring this type of player. And now that Yogi's semi established, I wouldn't overpay to bring him here, not when guys like Trey Burke, Cat Barber (still the best option out there for this type of player imho, pound for pound), Bryce Cotton's another good one... Pick one already and let's see the type of effect it can have (esp. now with Timmy back). Looks like it might be Burke -- ok, sounds good. He's put the time in and has earned his shot at a comeback (I love the potential synergy/energy/chemistry boost that could come with Burke and Hardaway reunited btw -- that could be big. Pull the goddam trigger and let's see--should've been done weeks ago). But let's go -- make the move already. I know Jack's been putting up points lately but he's fools gold man, let's be honest. He's not the future, wouldn't even be the present if it were up to me. Roll with Frank, deal with the growing pains in the name of progress and go get me another young PG to complement him (someone more offensive minded). Continues to be the direction I want them to go in, even with Jack "playing better" now.

Welpee
Member: #6239

1/13/2018  9:27 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

We potentially already have one in the G league, Burke.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/13/2018  10:25 AM
Welpee wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Burke hasn't proven to be much of an athlete. I have no problem giving him a look, but I don't expect much.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2018  1:02 PM
Yogi is a good player and perhaps at the right price. Should be interesting to see what Dallas does.
Might they trade him for a second round pick then let him walk?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/13/2018  2:05 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Yeah Holiday or Brunson would be great in the 2nd round.

Welpee
Member: #6239

1/13/2018  8:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Burke hasn't proven to be much of an athlete. I have no problem giving him a look, but I don't expect much.
Any contribution is more than Sessions provided.
Yogi Ferrell...good investment?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy