[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Stanley Johnson Courtney Lee and Thomas Rumor
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
1/12/2018  1:36 PM
I was reading 'Knicks Trade Rumors: Five reasons NYK should acquire Stanley Johnson' on NY Basketball for iOS and I thought you might be interested in reading it too. The numbers don’t work and I’m not sure S Johnson would either. We need Tatum ALL Star caliber at the 3. Yet he’s a potential lock down defender
AUTOADVERT
Paris907
USA
1/12/2018  1:38 PM
Paris907 wrote:I was reading 'Knicks Trade Rumors: Five reasons NYK should acquire Stanley Johnson' on NY Basketball for iOS and I thought you might be interested in reading it too. The numbers don’t work and I’m not sure S Johnson would either. We need Tatum ALL Star caliber at the 3. Yet he’s a potential lock down defender

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/platform/amp/2018/1/11/16881618/nba-trade-rumors-stanley-johnson-detroit-pistons-luke-kennard

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/12/2018  1:47 PM
Yes... I posted this:

Send them KOQ and Bulls pick
Knick would have a good start to building a long term defensive core
KP 22
Johnson 21
Frank 19

Johnson could be our Ron Artest. He's raw offensively but man we should start building a defense that can shut teams down.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/12/2018  1:51 PM
Rumor or a writers suggestion?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/12/2018  2:06 PM
Nalod wrote:Rumor or a writers suggestion?

The rumor is that Stanley is available. The writer is suggesting Lee and Thomas could get a deal done.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
1/12/2018  2:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

The rumor is that Stanley is available. The writer is suggesting Lee and Thomas could get a deal done.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6991597
BOOM. KOQ for Johnson works. Ill add the Bull's #2 to make up for the age difference.

Let McD and Johnson fight for minutes. I think Johnson is a guy who can play elite defense vs. 3 positions. Put him with Frank and KP and we have the build of a Detroit caliber suffocating D.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/12/2018  2:57 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

BOOM. KOQ for Johnson works. Ill add the Bull's #2 to make up for the age difference.

Let McD and Johnson fight for minutes. I think Johnson is a guy who can play elite defense vs. 3 positions. Put him with Frank and KP and we have the build of a Detroit caliber suffocating D.

5- Enes
4- KP
3 -Stan
2 - THJR
1 - Frank

As the future line up? Not enough scoring IMO. 2 out of 3 scorers are streaky and we can have some really brutal patches. Road games against playoff competition will be hard. No I would look for a 2 way SF who can put it on the floor.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/12/2018  3:29 PM
Yeah, they're always just throwing stuff out there with little basis for it.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/12/2018  3:35 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

5- Enes
4- KP
3 -Stan
2 - THJR
1 - Frank

As the future line up? Not enough scoring IMO. 2 out of 3 scorers are streaky and we can have some really brutal patches. Road games against playoff competition will be hard. No I would look for a 2 way SF who can put it on the floor.

Stanley can put it on the floor...he just can't get his 3 to the 35% mark. He's a project but he's worth it. He gives us defensive versatility on the Frontline. THJ or Lee shouldn't be asked to bang with forwards FT.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
1/12/2018  4:01 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

5- Enes
4- KP
3 -Stan
2 - THJR
1 - Frank

Stanley can put it on the floor...he just can't get his 3 to the 35% mark. He's a project but he's worth it. He gives us defensive versatility on the Frontline. THJ or Lee shouldn't be asked to bang with forwards FT.

As a shooter.....speaking from experience. Thj and Lee will become more efficient with their jumper if they don't have to bang against bigger forwards. So this trade would help in a lot of ways

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
USA
1/12/2018  4:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

5- Enes
4- KP
3 -Stan
2 - THJR
1 - Frank

thats my thought...
Nothing is written in stone, but my starting line up next year would look like this (most likely)
Enes 26
KP 23
Stan 22
TH 26
Frank 20

I have 3 elite level defensive player with one of the league's best offensive rebounders and paint scorer and a do everything guy in TH.

That is my starting point for this "rebuild." A crew that has the potential to shut other teams down.
You still have
Pg Burke/Jack
SG Lee/Dotson
SF ?? McD? Draft pic?
C Noah/Willy

Paris907
USA
1/12/2018  4:20 PM
I like the lineup but agree that there isn’t enough scoring. I realize it’s a rebuild, but Marc Gasol could be pried away as they’re gonna rebuild. With the lineup proposed, I don’t see Enes as part of the rebuild as he simply doesn’t have the scoring or defense. So let Marc finish his career in NY, we get great scoring, boards, leadership, we challenge the division. He also mentors Wily and keeps KP in the real world. If you don’t have to pay Enes, Lee, Thomas is there any way to pry Gasol?

5 Gasol
4 KP
3 S Johnson
2.thJr
1 Frank

fishmike
USA
1/12/2018  4:38 PM
Paris907 wrote:I like the lineup but agree that there isn’t enough scoring. I realize it’s a rebuild, but Marc Gasol could be pried away as they’re gonna rebuild. With the lineup proposed, I don’t see Enes as part of the rebuild as he simply doesn’t have the scoring or defense. So let Marc finish his career in NY, we get great scoring, boards, leadership, we challenge the division. He also mentors Wily and keeps KP in the real world. If you don’t have to pay Enes, Lee, Thomas is there any way to pry Gasol?

5 Gasol
4 KP
3 S Johnson
2.thJr
1 Frank

How does Enes not have the scoring? He's got such a motor he gets points quickly if they feed him. Point is he's here. Gasol is still a valued commodity thats gonna have a price much higher than just keeping Kanter.

But either way Im not worried about scoring. That will come with internal development and outside help. Building a team that plays elite defense every night is the Spurs model. That needs to be our model.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/12/2018  4:45 PM
fishmike wrote:
Paris907 wrote:I like the lineup but agree that there isn’t enough scoring. I realize it’s a rebuild, but Marc Gasol could be pried away as they’re gonna rebuild. With the lineup proposed, I don’t see Enes as part of the rebuild as he simply doesn’t have the scoring or defense. So let Marc finish his career in NY, we get great scoring, boards, leadership, we challenge the division. He also mentors Wily and keeps KP in the real world. If you don’t have to pay Enes, Lee, Thomas is there any way to pry Gasol?

5 Gasol
4 KP
3 S Johnson
2.thJr
1 Frank

How does Enes not have the scoring? He's got such a motor he gets points quickly if they feed him. Point is he's here. Gasol is still a valued commodity thats gonna have a price much higher than just keeping Kanter.

But either way Im not worried about scoring. That will come with internal development and outside help. Building a team that plays elite defense every night is the Spurs model. That needs to be our model.

I wouldn't touch Gasol unless Noah is a part of that deal. Gasol makes almost 23 mil and has 2 or 3 years left on his deal. It is the wrong time to get that guy and that contract. I would touch base with the Hornets about a Batuum Noah swap. The Knicks might need to sweeten things a little but it would save the Hornets 40 mil not calculating luxury tax.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Stanley Johnson Courtney Lee and Thomas Rumor

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy